Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

univbee posted:

A quick rules clarification regarding the "wait until a game is three months old" rule, this is regardless of region, correct? So if I wanted to stream some brand-new weird game that just came out in Japan I should wait until the game is three months old?

If your situation is "it's only been released two months ago in Japan, but I'm American and I want to show it to other people", then yes you have to bloody wait. If it's "It came out in Russia 4 months ago but the Japanese release was two weeks ago", that's something you'd need to run by a mod. Meanwhile "It came out in America 4 months ago but it only just came out in Japan" I think is okay oddly enough. Something in the rule about the forum being mostly American. Though I'd still check with the mods to be sure.

All that said, the rule is don't announce streams here if you're doing something covered under the 3 month rule. You can stream whatever the gently caress you want as long as you don't post about your stream when you're doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

FredMSloniker posted:

Am I to take it from the lack of response to my question that there is literally no service other than Livestream that will let someone both, er, stream live and stream uploaded video?

More likely most people haven't bothered. You might try asking cKnoor how he does his "ads" and PSA.

• Locked thread