Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

I've been thinking about streaming Monster Hunter 3U; is there a guide to getting a Wii U (or other console, for that matter) streaming through OSB?

I used OBS's window capture to capture the window that my capture device puts on my screen then cropped it to size when streaming the WiiU. It's the same way I stream the Xbox One

Feel like listening to music though so Adiosurf

Warmal fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

What's a good/cheap capture device?

I got my Haupauge HD PVR gaming edition for $120 CAN. The tech support fort has a list of some I believe.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

One on one quiz to the death in You Don't Know Jack

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

That goon streaming page is a great idea. If I wasn't in the middle of moving I would still be doing 6 hour streams 5 times a week. Hopefully I'll be able to stream more soon though.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I suppose I will do frequent streams soon so I suppose I should request myself added.

Please put in twitch.tv/warmal16 and I'll try to finish all the games I've started streaming.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Between those two ideas I say the first one is better. But instead of the retsupurae logo maybe go for something that makes it more about just streaming instead of them. Someone might think it's a Retsupurae stream thread if that's there. As for colour scheme I say just about any will work since "stream" doesn't exactly shout a single colour. I think a good detail to ad would be the end of the banner breaking off into pixels considering streaming is sometimes just not reliable or not the best quality on a given day.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Highwang posted:

haha, have it get more like pixel soup the further from the center you get. That'd be clever and feasible.

I guess the computer doesn't need an icon either, though it would seem a bit bare.

Simple is sometimes better. The icon could always be the "internet waves" or something that ties games and talking. The simplest and first thing that comes to mind of course being a controller + microphone but can be more out of the box than that.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

It's late but we must play. Lets go back in the past with a little Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt

Ended due to emulator not allowing 2 player today.

Warmal fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 18, 2014

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I just bought the game so why not share? Let's stream some Plants vs. Zomebies: Garden Warfare

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

That looks crazy. If it all works it looks like there shouldn't be a problem, but by the lines it looks like it requires you to wear a headset and ear-buds with your own voice coming back to you?

Edit: Can't you do a screen share on Skype so that you won't need to hassle around the mumble client and then have OBS pick up the audio from skype? I guess that would then have the problem of Skype quality sound.

Warmal fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 3, 2014

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

We are having a special birthday stream for my fiance! We are starting with Mario Party, but will be changing games at some point.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Maybe streaming right off a PS4 will go better this time? Let's try it with Infamous: Second Son

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Got some people joining me for Mario Kart Wii

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

We are doing a 32 track race for Mario Kart Wii. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves? I'm sure we'll hate each other by the end of it.

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

Something has possessed us to play some Chulip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmal
Aug 12, 2011

I haven't played it in months. I'm sure I'm still just as good an assassin. Gonna try to finish Assissin's Creed IV

• Locked thread