Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I would laugh so hard if he manages to find a 'Cash shop' option in his menu system. :allears:

I don't think Gaia is in to casual games. They play a mean game of Civ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
He gets KOed after trying to summon an ID barrier that's too high of a level, and right before he dies, a prompt comes up

System Admin posted:

Would you like to purchase an Auto Revive for $50.00?
>Yes
No

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There was a direct reference to Vindictus earlier. He might be a video game character, but that probably means 'korean MMO', with everything that entails.

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
I wonder when he tries the fishing minigame. (which is horrible)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
In a few dozen chapters the game will transition into a hard core farming and trading simulation as he works to achieve great wealth to buy meaningless poo poo.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
He should get a summon spell himself. Thats wizarding 101, get a summon to tank for you and then stay at range.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
He already has Summon Sun-Il, what more do you need? :v:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

booksnake posted:

The ability to dual-cast Sun-Il?

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

If he is serious about wizarding, he needs magical transformation sequence.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

booksnake posted:

He will call Sun-Il one day while in a higher level dungeon than he can handle, and be given the option 'do you want to recall party member?', and then Sun-Il will teleport.

Either that, or it will work like a LFG mechanic, where Sun-Il will get the call and then get a screen saying something like "Dungeon is ready, would you like to teleport to your party? Y/N"

:v:

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

He's playing a Korean MMO that doesn't even have auto-loot, do you honestly think that there would be quality-of-life features like party teleportation?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

blastron posted:

He's playing a Korean MMO that doesn't even have auto-loot, do you honestly think that there would be quality-of-life features like party teleportation?

He didn't even notice the options menu until recently, then just glanced over it. Dude probably has auto-loot and just doesn't use it.

Dude really ought to spend some time trying to find an FAQ or a wiki. In fact that might make for a pretty funny chapter.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Mar 7, 2014

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Captain_duck posted:

He should get a summon spell himself. Thats wizarding 101, get a summon to tank for you and then stay at range.

He needs to figure out how to summon a pet that he can set up in an ID barrier to farm for him while he does other poo poo.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 23, 2021

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

blastron posted:

Of course there is one, it just cost like 5000000 a pop :v:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
If he calls customer service would he get a direct line to god?

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
The Gaia Hotline?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Customer service? In a korean MMO? That's just precious.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Serious Frolicking posted:

I wonder when he will find the cash shop?

Looks like the cash shop found him. (New chapter)

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

Looks like the cash shop found him. (New chapter)

It seems more like an in-game auction house than microtransactions, but if your game is real life what's the difference?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to some market PvP. :black101:

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

They really need to stop uploading chapters and then deleting them just to re-upload them. Let's see how long this link lasts!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
He shoulda Observe'd the dude and stupefied him with some hella suspicious information gathering himself. Just to get a little more leverage.

Ah, a missed opportunity.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Doesn't Observe not work so well on ??? level folks? I seem to remember him trying to Observe his mother.

Wow that sounds creepy.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

lil baby anime posted:

They really need to stop uploading chapters and then deleting them just to re-upload them. Let's see how long this link lasts!

Re-uploaded again: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/229499/the-gamer_v1_ch27_by_bap-scans

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Now I just want him to use his super intelligence to play the auction house and become filthy rich and decked out in absurd gear.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This event was inevitable but man is this unnerving. Among other things, Han really needs to develop a stealth ability to mask his own presence.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Stealth, shmelth. He should just grind the hell out of his idiot power. If everyone believes he is nothing but a clown, he should be OK.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

This event was inevitable but man is this unnerving. Among other things, Han really needs to develop a stealth ability to mask his own presence.

Come on, guys, you're all missing the most obvious thing. He can finally buy Teleportation Spells for Dummies from the auction!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A real money auction house??? What is this money-grubbing pay-2-win bullshit Gaia? :argh:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 10, 2014

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Cynic Jester posted:

Now I just want him to use his super intelligence to play the auction house and become filthy rich and decked out in absurd gear.

At this point he's still dealing with people that are so far above him in level that he can't even read them. I feel like a lot of these people are absurdly smarter than him.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Death Bot posted:

At this point he's still dealing with people that are so far above him in level that he can't even read them. I feel like a lot of these people are absurdly smarter than him.
Probably. Even Hwan Sung-Ah has 79 INT at level 12.

doyle-san
Feb 25, 2001

"This changes nothing."

ImpactVector posted:

Probably. Even Hwan Sung-Ah has 79 INT at level 12.

Pfft, lucky roll.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Speaking of gear, now I want him to wear terribly mismatched clothes for their stats.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

Speaking of gear, now I want him to wear terribly mismatched clothes for their stats.

Hahah, that would be great.

You look ridiculous.
Hey, I min-maxed this poo poo!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
He should farm zombies to get soul gems, and use those soul gems to buy crafting ingredients so he can level up his crafting skill.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

He should farm zombies to get soul gems, and use those soul gems to buy crafting ingredients so he can level up his crafting skill.

Don't forget the occasional potions which are apparently worth a ton of money.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

DrSunshine posted:

He should pick up those zombie skins he left on the ground and craft those into pants of zombie slaying +2. The look on his friends face when they party again and he starts putting on stitched together necro skin would be priceless.

"What? I get a bonus!"

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
While were waiting for the next chapter, how about we think of a nice subtitle for this thread?

Something like: The gamer: Han Jee-Han is OP, plz nerf

Or do you guys have any better ideas?

EDIT: Alternative:

The gamer: You're such a cheat character!

Captain_duck fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 14, 2014

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Massively Multiplayer Ordinary Reality Presented by Gaia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The Gamer: Grinding for Exams