Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Doesn't this dude play MMOs? Recall/Hearthstone, hello?

That'd probably get him spanked by the world though; teleporting miles instantly would likely be a no-no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Or the power itself levels up and game mechanics change.

Like I expect quick-switching equipment sets to show up.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The translator is kinda dumb; Mez is the old-school term for CC, and it comes from EverQuest.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

trucutru posted:

I dunno, very little happens in the gamer week after week, it is becoming quite uninteresting to me. If I wanted to see one dude spend unholy amounts of time leveling up and doing nothing else I would be playing Diablo III or whatever.
speaking of D3 the guy is literally just the wizard from it; why doesn't he actually go play a game and try to imitate what he sees? Do the melee wizard build :getin:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just have him play Diablo 3 as a wizard for like an hour for some ideas.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My favorite scanlation group drama things are when they get really mad at online readers for "stealing" their work, or at other scanlation groups for translating the same thing.

ITS OURS DON'T STEAL ONLY WE GET TO gently caress UP THE ORIGINAL ARTWORK WITH OUR WATERMARKS NOT YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
They'll just continue to do it anyway since most scanlators tend to stick to unlicensed stuff (why translate stuff that's already being translated/sold professionally, unless it's ludicrously popular to the point everyone wants it a day after the Japanese/Korean/Chinese release?), and it's not usually worth trying to sue a dozen people scattered all over the world in each group.

poo poo, the dude who does The Breaker (kinda in a myopic way, since there's no English release) complained openly in the opening/closing credits of it about scanlators posting his poo poo online, and the only response from the main group doing it was to whine about online readers.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Companies that license/distribute/produce adult material of any kind are about the most vicious protectors of their property even compared to the RIAA/MPAA.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I dunno why you wouldn't bump your fundamental physical stats until you were at least in Jason Bourne status. Doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult or require that many points to get your agility/strength/constitution up to where you're close to the pinnacle of non-magical human fitness.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Arkeus posted:

Because that's incredibly useless?

He is already aware that people in the Abyss, the powerful one, tends to be so powerful that having 'decent' base stats in everything won't help at all.
he'll still be a mage or whatever, but it'd prolly be useful to not get tired at the same rate as a regular schlub when running away from said deadly people. The crazies in the abyss are powerful yeah but the world he's in is still physically designed for regular human beings.

Being able to take at least one more hit or be able to sprint solid for a few minutes or vault over walls as a parkour wizard would be pretty handy when your MP inevitably runs out.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Did he actually kill those dudes or just blow a hole in their summoning circle?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

booksnake posted:

"You feel an ominous presence."

Hopefully he doesn't get eaten by a Grue.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
He's probably doing so to build his reputation as a remorseless badass. Being "that nice guy who doesn't kill anyone because he's so nice" probably isn't good for deterring every random rear end in a top hat in the abyss from trying to kill you on the way home/to school.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

a Half-Blood born of a Korean and black parent
Casual Asian racism is one of those thing that'll probably never go away in manga/manwha

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I thought the slave brand thing in Shield Hero was because the shield hero guy used it in creative ways like making the raccoon girl or whatever fight monsters/enemies she was too afraid to fight, but could totally 100% own the poo poo out of if she did?

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jan 18, 2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think mayhaps people are taking anime a tad too seriously.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's a bummer this guy can't draw action or motion for poo poo. Daddy taking the glasses off was pretty cool though.

Kinda wish I could beam the artistic skills of the dude who draws The Breaker into this guy's brain.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
RE:monster is really bad.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i'm a supre badass assassin but I died under strange circumstnaces; I was reborn as a goblin for some reason

My power? My power is the power to have all of the powers.

Also I have a power to gently caress bitches. Because I do that.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jul 29, 2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Paracelsus posted:

Is this a later thing or from something else, because I don't recall anything like that actually happening.

Later.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The money he finds is more than likely made "real" by the earth, since the earth changes reality itself to assist his power provided the translation is right. That's why his ability is considered so powerful- because the earth itself bends the rules of reality to make it work, not because he can cast magic missile or summon stuff.

If you notice most people in the abyss who talk to him for more than a minute find his progression/powers to be reasonably impressive but not that shocking, but instead are really weirded out by how the earth bends reality for him even down to changing the basic fundamentals everyone in the abyss knows about (illusion barriers, etc).

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Iretep posted:

Since he's creating tons of money out of nowhere isn't he killing the Korean currency?
Unless he's literally cranking out hundreds of millions in USD, nah.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

DrSunshine posted:

With all the shady poo poo that goes on, the Abyss should really look into using cryptocurrency instead of SKW.
What would bitcoins look like when they appear as drops? Gold coins affixed with Ayn Rand's face?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Eventually his dungeons will probably start dropping poo poo that is world/conflict altering in terms of the abyss.

Also, no way he doesn't end up spawning a raid dungeon that requires the assistance of his friends. Jee-han will get to play real-life raid-lead, to which as a brain-damaged survivor of being a RL for 7+ years in WoW I say good loving luck.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

world customize creator probably counts

This is also pretty good so far.

The guy trapped in the game is prophesied to "destroy the world". Of course he's horrified by the idea, but as it turns out the fantasy world is really racist/discriminating against various groups and could maybe use a good destroying.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh right, it's only been 3 months since he even got his power. Yeah he's ridiculously loving OP.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jee-Han needs to go hang out with the MC from Overlord.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It'd be kinda broken if he could literally respawn or ghostwalk back to his body, but it'd be fun just for the tearful death scene where he and his friends really think that it's it for him, then he realizes he can respawn after he dies and has to deal with the awkwardness of it.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Maybe those guys we see chatting between major arcs made it? He's the player in their game?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jee-Han really needs to get at parity in level with his bud so they can share EXP.

Since any party members that gain levels while under the influence of his powers get stat points on level up he can basically turn other abyss dwellers into demi-gods.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Did Jee Han ever read that "divine technique" book he didn't have the INT for a zillion chapters back?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
One thing that's kinda been forgotten is that he can create his own techniques. He did that and made a ghetto version of the magic arrow spell before he learned the proper one.

Jee Han needs to go play some D3 as a Wizard for inspiration.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'd be figuring out how to slow or stop my aging or something and go train in a time chamber until I was high-fiving Gaia herself as a fellow god.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So non-abyss people are being dragged into the abyss now? Won't gaia own the poo poo out of you if you do that too much?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It seems like bringing other people into the abyss would be really dangerous for them.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Jee-Han patched up the rift between Sun-Il's and Red's clans by healing all the people who got injured in their scuffle.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

deadly_pudding posted:

Jee-Han's playing kind of a weird and dangerous game right now. He's granting abyss powers to somebody who isn't really supposed to have them, and whose personal life issues may motivate her to use them in ways that are like... less than wise?

At least he figured out that there might be a bunch of dead teenagers and housewives peppered around the dungeon at the end :v:
He's gambling on the idea that she could be sucked back into the game now on her own any night after this- if she couldn't take care of herself, she would die without him there. Or something.

I dunno, I think I would've layed the "The Abyss is really super loving dangerous and you should keep your skills to yourself if you wanna live" on a bit thicker.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Harem addition confirmed.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Silento posted:

Mid-Air Instant Movement, or whatever the setting's equivalent is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Like I've said, if he can respawn/ghostwalk there's no way they aren't going to have him die at some point and have a scene where his friends are all devastated and weeping over his corpse and then he suddenly respawns.

Or if we're sticking with MMO terminology he's standing over his corpse in ghost form watching his friends mourn with the "revive? 10% experience penalty" prompt, simultaneously wondering how to make it less awkward and also being really loving pissed over losing XP.