Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mog
Nov 23, 2006

Pillbug
Did 5 pulls on HK, got Hello Kitto, Keroppi x2, Cinnamoroll and Goddess Kitty. I actually just wanted a Kuromi as a trophy monster, don't really need any of these monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I'm holding off on rolling on the HK. There's only really one thing I kind of want from it and it's not something that'll also require a bunch of light xp. Running the dungeon for rank xp is pretty great, though.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Tsurupettan posted:

15 minutes later I have finished the hardest Hello Kitty dungeon with Haku/DW Batman/DD Batman/Vampire/DJ/Haku. :v:

Just a reminder on how easy the hardest HK dungeon is. You just need like, 13,500ish (I don't have the exact number on hand) and a heartmaker for emergencies. Mine was only SL6 and I did fine. :v:

e: vvv I am pretty sure stoning on supers is the definition of being strong, yes.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 28, 2014

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I'm not gonna pull on this hello kitty REM because I'm strong *drops 5-6 stones every time supers come around*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

padijun posted:

I'm not gonna pull on this hello kitty REM because I'm strong *drops 5-6 stones every time supers come around*

5-6 stones on Supers (with 100+ stamina) is at a minimum over a million XP. Probably closer to 2 million if you don't get absolutely lovely drops. 5-6 stones to not having to touch pengdras is well worth it.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

padijun posted:

This is for real the smart thing to do. Once you have a couple of good REM mons, the whaling should stop. But sometimes you have to scratch that itch...

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

berserker posted:

The Hello Kitty dungeon is going to be around for two weeks, so it's very possible there could be another event+godfest before it's over.

Zierham made a good point about the Toy Dragons ultimately having a faster cooldown on their heartmaker actives, and that's really what I was looking for, basic team-essential functions for dungeons I can't simply stomp over with innate Leader Skill multipler spike damage.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Supers? Eh, no big deal; most of my mons are max level now, anyway. *drops 5-6 stones every time 5x Tech +eggs come around*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DaveWoo posted:

Supers? Eh, no big deal; most of my mons are max level now, anyway. *drops 5-6 stones every time 5x Tech +eggs come around*

If this actually happens anytime soon and I do get +'s on those first few clear I will simply spend as many stones needed until Horus is +297.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Any get a sense of the invade rate of "Kittyn & Mimmyna"? Seems like a monster worth having but I have yet to see one.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Yudo posted:

Any get a sense of the invade rate of "Kittyn & Mimmyna"? Seems like a monster worth having but I have yet to see one.

Yeah, the thing that pisses me off more then anything about this collab is that K&M is almost as good as I&I, my only legit mono-color leader. If the invade was for light, green, or red it would be the best poo poo ever to get to build a new team asap. As is, none of the monsters in this are any good. Which double sucks because it is actually a fun/easy/rewarding collab to run

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
About subs for Purin. I'm thinking of using Valkyrie and Verche for subs, but for the other two I'm not sure what to use. Would Athena be better or Takeminakata? Neither is leveled yet but I could use Athena on my monogreen one day if I ever find any green subs. But that day might not be here anytime soon. Should I use my Kirin as a sub for gravity/stats? My monster list is here: http://www.padherder.com/user/VelveteenSA/monsters/

I don't really have much choices for subs though. Leveling monsters is so painful already ugh.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~

Yudo posted:

I got them on my first runthrough of Legend so it's clearly 100%

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Yudo posted:

I've gotten the invade once out of 2 Legend difficulty clears and 8ish of the hardest difficulty.

And yeah, my mono dark team of scrubby underleveled dudes (dd batman, DJ, Vamp Lord, Dark Meta, Hera) with a Loki friend can clear the hardest difficulty with absolutely no problem, just wish I had more Loki friends. Lucifer friends work too but takes longer.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
I pulled Ares on my starter roll and have been trying to make it to COS. Managed ro make it to the dark pluto dungeon with a monored team and friend crutches.

Is it too early to try and use monored?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, they changed the sound for Kirin's gravity in JP 6.4. It is now much more gently caress-you sounding.

Good change.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tentacle Party posted:

I pulled Ares on my starter roll and have been trying to make it to COS. Managed ro make it to the dark pluto dungeon with a monored team and friend crutches.

Is it too early to try and use monored?

Not sure what you mean by "too early" - mono-Red is a perfectly good team for getting through the game's early, middle, and (most of the) late-stage content.

Some advice:

1) Work on evolving your Ares as soon as possible. Once evolved, his leader skill doubles Red monsters' HP as well as their attack, which is a huge boost.

2) Get some good subs. The Red Goblin is good to start with (later on, you'll want to replace him with a Titan, when you get one). Mystic Flame Knight is also good; he has a special dungeon that comes along every couple of weeks where you can farm him. Naga is practically essential to have; she also has a special dungeon that comes around regularly. The fourth slot can go to whatever you want for now - if you have a Red starter dragon or Lil' Dragon, that would be fine.

Hopefully, this should be enough to get you started; if you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

trucutru posted:

Hey, they changed the sound for Kirin's gravity in JP 6.4. It is now much more gently caress-you sounding.

Good change.

So it's the sound of pulling the REM?

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

FrickenMoron posted:

So it's the sound of pulling the REM?

:golfclap: I rarely play with the sound on so I hope they can add a visual for gravity besides the screen shaking.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Before I evolve two gryps riders and give them each a tamadra for their row awakenings, what will I really be able to do with a Hera-ur team consisting of Hera/Loki/Gryps/Gryps/Vampire?

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Rolled HK rem once, got a purin, the only thing I wanted. This was a good outcome.

Finagled stamina (only have 90) to run supers once, level up, then run it again - 4 regular kings, no supers. This was a bad outcome.

Today was a neutral PAD day.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

DaveWoo posted:

Some advice:

Thanks. I'm using Ares and 4 red goblins at the moment. I read about getting the Naga and Titan on the beginner guide so I guess I'm on the right track.

I meant too early as my red team felt really week and I was depending on high level friend leaders it seemed.

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

ASK ME HOW FAR LEBRON'S DICK CAN FIT INSIDE MY MOUTH

Haskell9 posted:

Rolled HK rem once, got a purin, the only thing I wanted. This was a good outcome.

Finagled stamina (only have 90) to run supers once, level up, then run it again - 4 regular kings, no supers. This was a bad outcome.

Today was a neutral PAD day.

This is a net positive of like 16000%. That's like saying "well I got three tamadra from the PAL but the fourth was only a plus egg. :("

NewcastleBrown
Mar 15, 2004
The One and Only
12 runs, 6 supers. Only 2 super drops from the final stage.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I'm just getting back in the game will I ever have a use for 5 Freyr they will only give her 2 bustys at max right? Also Isis is getting 2 different bustys so I have a reason to make one of my Isis evole into each same with my two Horus one of each right?

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

mphill posted:

This is a net positive of like 16000%. That's like saying "well I got three tamadra from the PAL but the fourth was only a plus egg. :("

I thought purim was only good for farming and I already have maxxed Isis, catte and valk.

ThePotatoMasher
Feb 10, 2006

Crunch Crunch
As a new player is it worth keeping seeds and plants? Should I del or melt kitty slime

Also I got a Ra as a starter. Got sick of re rolling. Yes I know leadership is tough. What is a good set of subs to use with him

ThePotatoMasher fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 28, 2014

endjinn
Sep 22, 2013

Tentacle Party posted:

Thanks. I'm using Ares and 4 red goblins at the moment. I read about getting the Naga and Titan on the beginner guide so I guess I'm on the right track.

I meant too early as my red team felt really week and I was depending on high level friend leaders it seemed.

Get the Naga, get the Titan, get a red G O L E M or lil red dragon, make friends with Freyr and Firedragon Tyrannos folks, and you are on your way.

Dub-rubylits and red keepers might be a good thing at this point to replace the goblins. Get yourself a resolve team and bang out the Tuesday and Friday dungeons.

Fallorn posted:

I'm just getting back in the game will I ever have a use for 5 Freyr they will only give her 2 bustys at max right? Also Isis is getting 2 different bustys so I have a reason to make one of my Isis evole into each same with my two Horus one of each right?

They might give Freyr an ultimate or two down the road, so don't get rid of them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Haskell9 posted:

I thought purim was only good for farming and I already have maxxed Isis, catte and valk.

10 cost if unevolved, 12x multiplier will probably destroy some of the low cost dungeons.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

10 cost if unevolved, 12x multiplier will probably destroy some of the low cost dungeons.

Very good point. Max-leveling and NEVER evolving him.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It really feels weird to live in a PAD-world when an universal, always on, 3.5x leader is considered to be a "only good for farming" kinda dude.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

trucutru posted:

It really feels weird to live in a PAD-world when an universal, always on, 3.5x leader is considered to be a "only good for farming" kinda dude.

In my opinion, he's basically like a better Satan in that they have the same ATK multiplier and low RCV but he doesn't require a specific type, which could make him very powerful; however, Satan makes up for his shortcomings with 3 row enhancements that allow some people to use him for descends whereas Purin only has 1. That being said, I can see him being used to farm older descends like Hera with relative ease.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

trucutru posted:

Well it's not entirely accurate. He's great for a lot of things, just nothing that the vast majority of people in this thread care about. I mean, the first thread got like 100 posts a day and that was over a year ago. We've done everything a simple 3.5x multiplier can handle, and now that kind of thing doesn't cut it with new descendeds.

Speaking of new descendeds: Apparently there's a new conditional descended dungeon coming where the condition is that every dudes main type has to be Dragon.

Good thing I spent so much time working on making Fagan into a good leader and making a Dragon team to compliment him! I wanted more of a challenge and he seemed fun, but I ultimately gave up on him, guess it's time for that to pay off!

Wait, gently caress :smithicide:

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Vincent Valentine posted:

Well it's not entirely accurate. He's great for a lot of things, just nothing that the vast majority of people in this thread care about. I mean, the first thread got like 100 posts a day and that was over a year ago. We've done everything a simple 3.5x multiplier can handle, and now that kind of thing doesn't cut it with new descendeds.

Speaking of new descendeds: Apparently there's a new conditional descended dungeon coming where the condition is that every dudes main type has to be Dragon.

Good thing I spent so much time working on making Fagan into a good leader and making a Dragon team to compliment him! I wanted more of a challenge and he seemed fun, but I ultimately gave up on him, guess it's time for that to pay off!

It's just Gungho's way of telling everyone to farm a Zaerog.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I rolled twice more and got another one.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Glad I invested so much in Isis, Byakko, Genbu, AA Meta, Izanagi etc. I can see power creep becoming really frustrating. Sure there are the 5x leaders, but Haku is so fun.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

endjinn posted:

I ground through Master level with Luci/Luci team. After that was done, I ran the numbers and did Legendary with mono-green. I wish every legend-level dungeon was that easy.

I think any 4/2/2 team with about 23k in health can finish out legendary.

I've been clearing it with an Isis team that has maybe 15k HP if I grab a beastly Isis buddy like Seeker. Only way I forsee dying is a supreme fuckup or I get 3 of the guys synced on 6 or 9 and can't kill any of them, then all 3 hit me instead of doing some harmless act. This also involves not doing ~200k damage with a 9x damage team in 2-3 rounds. 23k health is going to give a big buffer but this dungeon is insanely easy compared to pretty much anything else. Echidna and Vampire's dungeons on expert are harder than this is on legendary.

Fallorn posted:

Don't you think those Hanson sisters are just dreamy? :allears:

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
I spent 10bux twice and will probably stone light supers when they come. I am whale, hear me roar.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

I guess that gives me another reason to try to make this green sonia I rolled work. Been trying to theory craft a team for a bit and haven't come up with much outside of ADK/CDK. The green and dark fruit dragons would be cool but :whalenoises:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I think it is probably a pretty safe bet to say that most of us aren't on the Satan/Hercules/Zeus-Dios level yet, seriously. Every month we're pushing back a new goalpost in this thread. Does anyone remember when it was good to stone only if you had more than 50 stamina? And then 70? And then 100? Now we've got people saying 'don't stone for supers unless you have 150'. The way some of you guys talk ends up being very discouraging and it gives entirely the wrong idea to new players.

Purim will carry you through most of the game and by the time you get to the hardest descends you will probably have enough poo poo to put together a team capable of farming those, too. A Purim pull at a relatively low rank would be a godsend. You can clear all the normals in the game and most of the descends without ever having to put together a second team, and you can pick and choose the best subs since there's no color or type requirement. You have a free ride! Just hit godfests with your free stones and do the descends a x12 team can do (most of them!) and by the time you run out of descends to do nine months from now you'll probably have gotten an alternative solution to carry you through the rest of the endgame.

For the record, the same thing is true of Cu Chulainn teams, Siegfried teams, Valk teams and Isis teams. You can clear a lot of content with a x9-x12 multiplier!

• Locked thread