Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

nogic posted:

I started playing this during the last godfest. Rolled Suzaku for my starter. I cleared through Castle of Satan, and a couple of Technical dungeons, but I'm sort of lost about what I should be working on. Grinding more stamina? Leveling up my current guys? Farming for better subs?

This is my box: http://www.padherder.com/user/pollysee/monsters/ . I left out the billion masks/seeds/etc. that I have.

My ID is 373999270 - anyone feel free to add me if you run Suzaku or would benefit from mine :)

I am in a similar situation: http://www.padherder.com/user/Rogrog/monsters/ and have basically the exact same question. I have tried doing the special dungeons that come up, but I am obviously under prepared for any difficulty higher than expert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
Okay thanks. So should I just be doing dungeons/technical dungeons for a long time while I level stuff up until I can do the harder end game type content?

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
So I have been running a Purin team for a long time, and I was wondering if it's actually viable later on? I never hear people talking about using it for Descends and whatnot.

Also, from the last 2 Godfests I have kinda lucked out and rolled Loki (who I can't evo because gently caress Dubmythlit drops) and FA Luci which with some farmable subs I think I can make a way better team with? (Also got a Vritra and Chaos Dragon which might be good subs for them when the team gets leveled/evo'd)

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

Zierham posted:

How do folks think the following team would work:

Tamadrapurin/Baal/Lemon Dragon/Apollo/Divinegon/Tamadrapurin

Row Enhance: 8
Skill Boost: 8
Orb Change: Baal is Water->Light, Apollo Dark&Heart->Light
Damage Boost Active: Both Tamadrapurin have 2x light for 1 round, so can deal with a tough mini-boss leading into final boss.
Bind Immune Leaders (hurray!)

You are at 1/4 recovery so stalling isn't going to be terribly easy but you've got 20k hp, autoheal 500 per turn and a cooldown for 2000 per 8 turns (and it starts ready, so probably 2 uses out of it if a run takes 8-10 turns). You still have an effective RCV of around 425, which is terrible, but if you're clearing orbs and hearts you can still eek out some amount of healing for maybe an extra 1-2 rounds of stall.

It's basically all the good of a Satan team (12.25 modifier, row awakenings) with better actives from the leaders, way more skill boosts than a Satan team can usually pull together, and some (limited) ability to heal).

You can even sub in Venus (CTW), Amaterasu (full heal and more autoheal awakenings), Verche/Valk/DragonRider (more orb change), Take (orb enhance), Indra (75% DR active for 3 turns) as necessary based on the needs of the dungeon.

There was a video posted a few pages back with someone just murdering his way through Twinlits using a Divinegon team, and the same person that made the video has a ton of videos with a Purin team with that same kind of set up just destroying most of the other descends. So it should work, at least that's what I'm banking on since I am trying to make that team too!

edit: Also looking for beefy Awoken Odin friends for running Hera today!

El_Gimpo fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 4, 2014

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
I like that the descends go to midnight PST, but about 50% of the time lately the daily dungeon ends at 11pm, and it is ALWAYS when I want it to last until midnight.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
So I am trying to decide where to focus my xp (my box is http://www.padherder.com/user/Rogrog/monsters/). I think my best bed is to get a mono-dark/devil team going with Ronia friends, but my leader is a little meh (Loki, team would be 1/5/5, so I might not be able to take hits worth a drat). I am also at a little bit of a loss on what to try and put as my last sub. As terrible as it might be I am thinking of going towards Vritra for the eventual 2 row enhances and skill bonus. Any input would be great, thanks!

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

NJ Deac posted:

Looking for a present buddy - NJ Deac SA - 349,945,252

Sent a friend request to swap.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
60'ish rolls and only a Devilit and a Griffin. So jealous of the Angelits and Gold Keepers (Kirin and AA Meta want to be busty). That said, assuming a semi-okay Kirin team should be able to do Satan right? Figure with the no hearts it should be pretty easy to nuke that place down.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
Whaled a tiny bit to try and get the Ronia that my devil team desperately needs (or Lu Bu).

AA Meta (dupe)
Cao Cao
Sun Quan
A whole bunch of ADKs and useless crap other than that.

Had 1 free roll on an alt account... Ronia.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

Dias posted:

Do not whale for Lu Bu.

It was mostly for Ronia. I figure I throw a little bit at it every so often to make myself sad.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
He doesn't actually need an armor breaker. Kalas, your GrOdin's active hits Neptune for a good chunk of his life. I would recommend giving that armor breaking slot to Kirin just to speed things up at the end.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
So I finally got my AA Meta evolved, and I remember seeing AA Meta teams for Twinlits posted a while back. Any chance someone can remind me what those teams tend to be? It seems like getting the hp to survive the pre-emptives using only healers could be a pain.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

yergacheffe posted:

Lots of good, useful advice

Thanks a ton! Now I know what to concentrate on for that team, hehe. I am thinking of trying to use a Sun Quan as my wild card (or potentially to replace Shynee) for a delay + damage enhance.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
Figured I'd blow $20 on this godfest hoping for DQXQ:

Ivory Dragon
Ice Golem (think to myself I should stop here)
Ronia (!!!)
Perseus (I don't have much green, but may he's good?)
Shaitan (Yay more elementals?)
Kushi

All in all, can't really complain

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
So I am trying to figure out what to do with my Ronia team. Currently running Ronia/Loki/FA Luci/Baddie/Vamp, but since I picked up Hera-Ur and another Ronia I am not sure what all to take out. Vamp of course will go away, but everything else seems so essential.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
Anyone with a pretty badass DQXQ or Horus that I can pair with my Kirin for Sandalphon?

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
If it makes you feel better Beekeeping, I kept chasing Ronia for a while, and when I finally got the first one the second came really soon after!

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
Courtesy roll cause I had 5 stones:

Bastet

I am happy.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
So I gave in and did 5 more rolls, cause why not?

Horus
CDK (and no skill-up)
Isis
Light Golem
Fairlio... and done

Yay for having the entire Egyptian pantheon now.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

OrangeOrbit posted:

I finally hit 100 stamina a couple of weeks ago, and am starting to look at my box for changing up my team/making a new one. Currently I run a Bastet usually with B/L Isis friend or F/L Horus and a lot of delay monsters. Have rolled some strong leaders in addition to getting a Satan last time he rolled around, and am looking to mix things up a bit. My first thought is to make a Satan team. Would anyone mind looking through my PADherder and let me know if I'm missing anything obvious or if there's a better team I could throw in here? Basically, what would you do with the box?

https://www.padherder.com/user/OrangeOrbit/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;default,0

Also feel free to add me. Bastet 95% of the time. 368,298,222

I wouldn't put Hera on the Satan team (I could be 100% wrong in this), but you aren't going to delay long enough for Gravity. You're better off either using Dark Devil Dragon for the orb change, Tiamat for more rows/skills, or DJ for pairing with Vamp for more orbs.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Can I do twinlits with anything in this box? I just recently max skilled my Lilith so I haven't given it a try yet.

After seeing what people posted earlier about the Bind Clear awakening, you can do Twinlits with Ronia/Ronia/Ronia/Lilith/Echidna/Lu Bu friend. As long as you don't 1 shot the first floor then you will be able to pop Lilith on the second floor, Echidna on the 3rd. Kill the Mythlits and delay until skills are up, clear your binds with hearts and then pop stuff on the last floor. Easy win!

edit: Never mind, whoever said earlier that the Awakening had been changed to work when the mon was bound was wrong. Had an easy time threw the first time, but the second I got all my Ronia's bound and couldn't clear it.

El_Gimpo fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jul 4, 2014

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
When was the last time we got Athena? It seems like it's been forever, and I keep looking forward to it each event.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

Samurai_Hitman posted:

I have a similar Zeus question: is this team good enough to have a shot at clearing with no/minimal stoning? I have the mats/tama to busty(D/D?) & awaken hades, I just wanted to get some input first. I've been running mostly D/D batman or Freyja prior to this Ronia team, so I'm not really used to a team that can just drop a couple million damage whenever I have skills ready.

The rest of my box is here: https://www.padherder.com/user/Samurai_Hitman/

Yes, delay on the masks. It will be ridiculously easy. Just remember that there's no reason to have 2 damage cooldowns for Zeus, so burn one Ronia + either Lu Bu or Baddie on the 4th floor just to make sure it dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

Samurai_Hitman posted:

Thanks to you and DaveWoo for the sanity check regarding team comp, and that's exactly what I was thinking re: Lu Bu/baddie on floors 4/5, mostly because I wasn't sure if I could sweep the blue chimera without the additional burst.

Yeah, I went into it super cautiously too with a Ronia team, and 0 stoned it with almost no effort, and my stuff was lower level than yours. It just looks daunting :p

• Locked thread