Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

ThermoPhysical posted:

http://www.padherder.com/user/ThermoPhysical/

The excess materials, do I really need them or can I feed them to Pengdra or something? I don't mean the Dub-monsters or the Keepers, I mostly mean those 12 Azure Demon Masks, 20 Dragon Plants, 16 Dragon Seeds, 14 Topalits, and 24 Dragon Flowers. I run the Dragons of the Tower dungeon on weekends a lot and I constantly pick up Azure Masks, Plants, Seeds, and Flowers...do I really need to keep on to them if they're so easily farmable?

Keep all of the Dragon Plants. Keep some of the Dragon Seeds if you're planning to farm/evolve Dark Pengdra (I'd suggest 5-10). For the remaining evo materials, keep 2 and get rid of the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

DaveWoo posted:

That team's a good, solid team, but I wouldn't say it's the best team you could put together.

If I had your Monster Box, I'd probably go with something like Horus/Viper Orochi/Kushi/Izanagi/DL Batman. Chaining together Batman + Kushi + Orochi gives you 8 turns of delay/damage reduction, and Izanagi's active doubles the damage of most of your team, turning that 16x damage boost into a 32x one. Also, I'd work on leveling U&Y, who can be swapped in as a leader whenever you want to upgrade from 16x to 25x damage. (50x with Izanagi.)

Also, just thought I'd mention that the upcoming Blue and Green Pirate Dragon dungeons are going to contain skill-up mons for U&Y and Kushi, respectively.
That's good advice I'll keep it in mind but yeah at 110 cost I'm not seeing that team anytime soon. I guess I can level all those dudes between now and then though. :v:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Keep all of the Dragon Plants. Keep some of the Dragon Seeds if you're planning to farm/evolve Dark Pengdra (I'd suggest 5-10). For the remaining evo materials, keep 2 and get rid of the rest.

Thanks! :)

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Also, just thought I'd mention that the upcoming Blue and Green Pirate Dragon dungeons are going to contain skill-up mons for U&Y and Kushi, respectively.

As invades. On a 5 floor dungeon. Good luck with that...

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
I really need a red keeper to evolve my Horus. And six Tamadra so that I can awaken my Blodin and replace my Siegfried on my Horus team. It's not perfect but his rcv plus a 7 turn echidna might compensate for the rcv loss.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Is anyone running a flame chaser for tengu today? I'm seeing a lot of new horuses but no flame chasers on my buddy list.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Krinkle posted:

Is anyone running a flame chaser for tengu today? I'm seeing a lot of new horuses but no flame chasers on my buddy list.

I'm in the same boat as you. Only 1 or 2 guys have shown up on my list using Flame Chaser, and I needs it! Two Master clears so far with no drop...

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PaulC posted:

As invades. On a 5 floor dungeon. Good luck with that...

They aren't invades; they're mixed in with the other mobs. Which probably makes it worse, especially when the later dungeons have multiple types of Pirates that can spawn.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I feel like I've leveled up, I can reliably clear T5 dungeons without dying unless I get extremely unlucky. This is incredibly satisfying.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Krinkle posted:

berserker posted:

I'm in the same boat as you. Only 1 or 2 guys have shown up on my list using Flame Chaser, and I needs it! Two Master clears so far with no drop...

309, 757, 211 - I'll leave mine up for the rest of the day.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Furious Lobster posted:

You're already on my list, and your dude is fat, thanks :) Thanks for the invites to the other guys that sent them my way! Hopefully I get that stupid drop, and/or more Nenekos.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

AnonSpore posted:

I feel like I've leveled up, I can reliably clear T5 dungeons without dying unless I get extremely unlucky. This is incredibly satisfying.

That feeling is marvelous isn't it? My green team sucked against Lava Tubes proper so I actually leveled my dark team for that (and because my other account had a dark team meaning I could refresh friend-leaders for myself) and had a similar feeling of accomplishment.

Savor it. It'll soon be replaced by a growing sense of boredom until you finally end up just doing the highest tier of Hello Kitty dungeon runs just because it compresses 5 soul crushing runs into one even though the RankXP/Stamina returns are solidly inferior (like 460 instead of 550)...

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

trucutru posted:

BFFs, even if Ra is thinking about eating that Horus for the +eggs
Dooo ittttt

(I say this because it's best for you, not because it's best for me.)

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Can anyone put up a hello kitty or my melody so I can have a chance at doing Tengu?

I'm at 342,870,253.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Furious Lobster posted:

Accept my invite and I'll give this a chance. I'll have a 2/4/2 team with a water chaser and 39k health but we'll see if it works. 2x recovery on 196 recovery is pretty awful. Goddamn, but I do not like my chances but I'm ready.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Krinkle posted:

Accept my invite and I'll give this a chance. I'll have a 2/4/2 team with a water chaser and 39k health but we'll see if it works. 2x recovery on 196 recovery is pretty awful. Goddamn, but I do not like my chances but I'm ready.

Done and waiting.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
I started playing this during the last godfest. Rolled Suzaku for my starter. I cleared through Castle of Satan, and a couple of Technical dungeons, but I'm sort of lost about what I should be working on. Grinding more stamina? Leveling up my current guys? Farming for better subs?

This is my box: http://www.padherder.com/user/pollysee/monsters/ . I left out the billion masks/seeds/etc. that I have.

My ID is 373999270 - anyone feel free to add me if you run Suzaku or would benefit from mine :)

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I am down to 71/85 friends after removing a few people who had 30+ days of inactivity, as well as some pruning from before. I could definitely use more pal points. Especially I&I havers!

My leaders:

Main:
Lv 87 Hermes (ultimate)
Lv 77 Freyr (ultimate, fully awakened, +79)
Lv 72 Freyja (ultimate, fully awakened)
Lv 72 Bastet (ultimate, fully awakened)

Less frequently used:
Lv 68(?) Persephone
Lv 57 Thor (ultimate)
Lv 48 Kirin (evolved)

383 049 247

Edit: Thanks guys! Also, forgot Bastet is fully awakened.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 11, 2014

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Furious Lobster posted:

Done and waiting.

Thank you very much for your help but 2/4/2 just isn't enough to clear out even the first floor. I done hosed up, royal. Not stoning for this because it was only on a lark and I don't care about tengu. Thank you very much for the help, now I know. Now I know water chaser/gigas/gigas/guardian/king bubbly/flamechaser when they're all (on my end, you were great) ~half leveled up is not enough.

40k hp is bullshit when you can't clear a floor and your recovery never breaks 500 hp even on sky combos.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Prowler posted:

I am down to 71/85 friends after removing a few people who had 30+ days of inactivity, as well as some pruning from before. I could definitely use more pal points. Especially I&I havers!

Adding you. I have both Artemis and I&I so that should work out pretty well.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
What would be the best rainbow team for general use I can make with my mons?

I'm used to just using Haku all the time, but I bustied Isis (and once I get the mats I'll do Horus too) and want to put together good teams for them.

Right now I'm using Isis, Echidna, Angelion, Cu Chulain, and Yomi, but there are probably better options.

https://www.padherder.com/user/Mischalaniouse/monsters/

heisenberg
Dec 17, 2008
Damnit, 2 times in a row where I botch my board setup on Canopus, don't get the 2 separate row enhances, and then end up being just shy of killing him. Auto-recover, then I can't put out enough damage to kill him before he one-shots me. Blaaaaah, 100 stamina and 2 skillup chances wasted.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Mischalaniouse posted:

What would be the best rainbow team for general use I can make with my mons?

I'm used to just using Haku all the time, but I bustied Isis (and once I get the mats I'll do Horus too) and want to put together good teams for them.

Right now I'm using Isis, Echidna, Angelion, Cu Chulain, and Yomi, but there are probably better options.

https://www.padherder.com/user/Mischalaniouse/monsters/

Horus/Echidna/Susano/Tsukuyomi/Orochi

Medpak
Dec 26, 2011

So this was posted in the PAD Facebook group today, as one member tried to create a new 'Reroll' ranking list. It sparked quite a debate, I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzzle-dragons-global-usjp/wip-rerolling-faq/600921966653641

By Jeff Hullfish on Monday, February 10, 2014 at 4:02pm
The following represents the beginnings of what is @PG's answer to all of the other rerolling guides out there. Right now there's just an analysis of all the starting rolls but I have plans to include some general FAQ about the rerolling process in general, such as whether you NEED to reroll (hint: you don't) and what your options are should you choose not to.

-----

UNDERSTANDING THE RATING SYSTEM

This letter system, augmented with a few symbols, gives you a way to compare starter rolls at a glance. Consider anything with an S, A+, or A grade to be worth keeping on its own. If your first roll is something rated lower, I've included how good your second roll should be if you want to keep it.

S: best of the best
keep no matter what

A: probable keep
strong lead with endgame potential
A+/A are keepers
A- is a keep if you roll something else as good or better (or are just tired of rerolling)

B: acceptable keep
has some lead value but limited endgame potential (or some other detractor)
keep if you roll something else better

C: conditional keep
has limited lead value or potentially high sub value
keep if you roll an S/A+ only

F: ...don't keep
has minimal value or niche value at best
reroll unless you roll an S

&: particularly high skill level required
$: REM-only subs required

-----

STARTER ANALYSIS

Greco-Roman 1.0
Minerva (C-)
Neptune (C+)
Ceres (C-)
Venus (C+)
Hades (C+)

This pantheon in a word: decent. They have niche leader skills (55% dual-element resist or 60% single-element resist) and many of them even have great active skills.

Overall, good additions to any monster box that can’t stand on their own as starters.

Japanese 1.0
Kagutsuchi (C+)
Viper Orochi ©
Susano ©
Amaterasu (B-)
Yomi (C+)
Ama is an old favorite and still the best at what she does but she won’t take you through anything you couldn’t clear using other methods.
Kagu is a luxury speed farming lead and pal point magnet for Thursdays; again, nothing you can’t do without.
Yomi’s value goes up by a lot with her DL ult but unfortunately for new players it requires Twinlits.

Overall, an outdated pantheon with some good sub value and/or luxury lead potential.

Indian
Shiva (C-)
Lakshmi (F)
Parvati (C-)
Indra (F)
Vritra (F)

The problem with Indians? Their playstyle is dead.
Shiva brings some sub utility to the table, but can be more or less replaced by Puzzdroid.
Parvati, as the strongest Guard Stance sub, also has good sub potential but can’t be skilled up outside of ECO Collab.

Bad starters overall.

Norse
Freyr ©
I&I ©
Freyja ©
Thor (F)
Loki (C+)

If you haven’t noticed a theme yet, let me make it clear now: the old gods are dead.

The 242 playstyle used to be dominant in the metagame but has been utterly supplanted by the burst team. Can you still clear things running a good 242 team? Yes, but not everything and DB Vamp does the job just as well while being farmable.

The main value of this pantheon is their two row enhance awoken skills, which make them valuable subs for the Hero pantheon (below) or similar row enhance teams. Loki gets a small bump in value for his dark element and overall greater versatility while Thor gets reroll status for light being too hard to level.

Overall, good with the right cards but can’t stand on their own like they used to.

Egyptian
Horus (A)
Isis (B+)
Bastet (S)
Ra (B-/S&)
Anubis (F/S&)

This pantheon represents the turning point in the metagame: the advent of the burst team. Here’s what you need to know:
Bastet is king of the hill right now; it’s almost not even up for debate. She’s starter friendly with no sub restrictions and her ult brings enough power to the table to clear ANY dungeon in the game right now.
Horus used to be king of the hill. Despite his fall from grace he’s still a top-tier starter with enough kick to get through most of the endgame. Ultimately his necessarily rainbow build and terrible active holds him back.
Anubis is one of the more controversial leads out there because he epitomizes high risk/high reward. Whether he’s a keeper or not depends entirely on you as a player. His DL ult, which luckily does NOT require Twinlits, makes him less luck-based while still maintaining his “expert mode” status. If you’re willing to put in the work, Anubis is the strongest lead available and can clear any dungeon. If you aren’t, he’s useless to you.
Ra is another “expert mode” leader, but with less of a difficulty curve than Anubis. He has enough burst to clear endgame content right out of the gate but doesn’t quite shine until you get his LL ult (Twinlits required). If you’re willing to commit, Ra will serve you well.
Isis in a nutshell is a starter-friendly lead that just doesn’t have enough burst to carry you into the endgame. The weakest member of the pantheon but a good way to learn the ropes; just don’t keep her if she’s your only strong lead.

Overall, Egyptian is the best pantheon in the game right now.

Greco-Roman 2.0
Ares (C+)
Hermes ©
Artemis ©
Apollo (C-)
Persephone (C+)

The counterpart to the old 242 teams. Ares and Persephone have high enough sub value to give them a bump but all of them fall short of being true endgame leads.

Archangels
Uriel (C-)
Gabriel (C-)
Michael (C-)
Raphael (C-)
Lucifer (B-)

The only one worth mentioning here is Lucifer. As a lead he creates a powerful tank team that has 300k-damage nukes built in that can obliterate early Descended level content. Why is he ranked as a subpar starter roll, then? Because that’s about as far as he’s going to take you. Lucifer in a nutshell is a shortcut to the endgame without enough power to actually carry you through. Note that most things that “require” Lucifer can be done with a friend’s Lucifer alone; an otherwise standard monodark team can usually get the job done just as well.

If you get a solid burst lead for your second roll, feel free to keep Lucifer. If you don’t then you are doomed to hit a wall until you roll something better.

Overall, you should probably reroll.

Archdemons
Belial (F)
Amon (F)
Astaroth ©
Baal (C-)
Fallen Lucifer ©

Not much to say here, either. Astaroth is the only real lead here and she couldn’t keep up with Lucifer’s popularity. Tank teams lose out to burst in the long run regardless. Baal and Fallen Lucifer have some high potential as subs with their awoken skills for row enhance teams.

Overall, this is the pantheon you’re most likely to reroll.

Chinese
Suzaku/Leilan (A-)
Seiryu/Karin (B+)
Genbu/Meimei (A-)
Kirin/Sakuya (A+)
Byakko/Haku (A)
Kirin is one of the top-tier leads in the game. Her burst is strong enough to get you through just about all of the endgame content and her “standard” team is completely farmable, making her a top candidate for starters. If you like her playstyle, keep her.
Haku very firmly holds the 2nd place spot in this pantheon. She has a similar LS as the other non-Kirin members of the group but she has a number of advantages. These include the best utility options, most farmable subs, and the ability to make a primarily dark team. She isn’t strong enough to hang with the top-tier leads, but she won’t let you down until you’re already well into the endgame.
Leilan and Genbu sit below Haku for having similar strength but less access to good utility subs. They are both amazing cards, however, and if you get a Bastet to go with them then you win.
Karin is so much the red-headed stepchild of the group that she beats the actual redhead for the position. Same LS, worst sub options. She’s not bad but you’re going to wish you had something better before long.

Overall, a great pantheon whose only flaw is not being as good as the other options available. Some good starter candidates regardless if you don’t want to reroll forever.

JP 2.0
Ame no Uzume ( B)
Umisachi & Yamasachi (A+)
Kushinada (S)
Izanagi (B+)
Okuninushi (A)

The only pantheon that can contend with Egyptian for the top spot. These gods are defined more by their relative usefulness as opposed to their relative difficulty, they way their rivals are.
Kushinada. Starter friendly, sub freedom, and enough burst to clear everything in the game. Sound familiar? Kushinada is pretty much the only lead that deserves to be ranked with Bastet as “king of the hill.” Her active even gives her fantastic utility, making her a better sub option than Bastet. Don’t even think about rerolling if you get her.
U&Y are frequently compared to Kirin for their similar playstyle. There are certainly differences, and most people have a preference one way or the other, but what’s important is that they make great starters for all the same reasons Kirin does. Only reroll if you’d rather go for a purely combo-based lead.
Okuninushi is like a Bastet with a slightly higher difficulty curve that can be built all dark. He also comes with a delay. The only reason he’s not top-tier is that no one seems to like running leads that aren’t female so you’ll have trouble finding consistent Oku friends. Definitely consider keeping him, though, because you can still pair with another pure combo lead.
Izanagi is difficult to start with because god teams require two things: gods and team cost. These happen to be the two things that all new players lack. He’s inevitably a great sub for endgame teams, though, as players build up their roster of gods. Don’t let him be your only starter, but don’t reroll him if you get something else good.
Ame no Uzume is not a terrible lead, she’s just not the best and doesn’t have enough of a cult following to ensure a steady stream of friends. At her best she can handle endgame content and even a standard monofire build can make use of her, but she’s the least desirable member of the group for a reason.

Overall, one of the best pantheons and one of the most starter-friendly.

Heroes
Yamato (B-$)
Andromeda (B-$)
Perseus (B-$)
Wukong (B-$)
Pandora (B+$)

You’ll notice a lot of dollar signs. These gods have good team potential but not for new players and they are certainly NOT nonIAP-friendly. I wouldn’t recommend these as starters for anyone but if you’re willing to roll a lot and got a good second roll to tide you over, they are very good gods. Pandora gets a bump for her dark element and relatively easy access to row enhances (which all of these teams need).

Overall, subpar starters that have a lot of potential if you're willing to pay for it.

Specials (Godfest-only)
GrOdin (B-)
BlOdin (C+$)
GrOdin is a decent lead with minimal endgame value while BlOdin is an amazing luxury sub. Both are great stat sticks (the best, in fact) and neither can stand on their own as your starter. Only keep GrOdin if your second roll is awesome and only keep BlOdin if you’re willing to IAP enough to make use of him.

LTron (B+)
DTron (A-/S$)
LTron is the luxury lead of a farmable team that has definite endgame potential, including the ability to clear Twinlits. Ultimately, though, she’s just not strong enough to clear everything and should by no means be your starter.
DTron is a great card no matter what, but epitomizes luxury in a way that few others do. You’re not going to get the most out of her unless you IAP a lot and/or are extremely lucky, but she’s one of those cards that’s too good not to keep.

RSonia (B+/A+$)
GSonia (B-)
RSonia is a solid card, but best suited as a sub unless you’re going to roll a lot. She has semi-farmable team options that are respectable but she’s not a guaranteed keeper like DTron is. Consider rerolling if you don’t get a good second roll.
GSonia does everything her sister does, only not nearly as well. She’s a good card that isn’t worth keeping as your starter.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Wow. I thought I was going to disagree with absolutely everything, then I got to the Sonias. Shame, they were almost TOTALLY at odds with my opinions.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

nogic posted:

I started playing this during the last godfest. Rolled Suzaku for my starter. I cleared through Castle of Satan, and a couple of Technical dungeons, but I'm sort of lost about what I should be working on. Grinding more stamina? Leveling up my current guys? Farming for better subs?

This is my box: http://www.padherder.com/user/pollysee/monsters/ . I left out the billion masks/seeds/etc. that I have.

My ID is 373999270 - anyone feel free to add me if you run Suzaku or would benefit from mine :)

I am in a similar situation: http://www.padherder.com/user/Rogrog/monsters/ and have basically the exact same question. I have tried doing the special dungeons that come up, but I am obviously under prepared for any difficulty higher than expert.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Main thing that stood out to me is their argument against Isis is inconsistent considering their placings for Bastet (4x with 12x burst is enough burst for Bastet, but not enough for Isis?), Haku, and Okuninushi - esp now that she has bind reduction and bind immunity. Too much weight given to the unrealistic potential of Anubis/Ra, etcetc.

I think some people just have an axe to grind against Isis. Or have a hard on for Bastet. It's frankly bizarre to me.

Rurutia fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 11, 2014

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Monophysical Isis is at least as viable for endgame as Bastet is, assuming that we get Hrungnir when Ragnarok Odyssey hits the US.

Honestly that tier list isn't too retarded if you consider the principles it was written under. Our tier list takes into account usability i.e the probability that you'll actually make it past CoS with that starter before embedding your phone into a wall. His tier list is based almost entirely around raw endgame potential.

EDIT: oh yeah and there's no way the Heroes are B- if he's throwing around Cs and lower like candy for the monocolor leaders. Yeah they're both worthless in descendeds, but I know which one I'd rather have in my box...

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If he was taking end game into account, Shiva should be a solid A.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

El_Gimpo posted:

I am in a similar situation: http://www.padherder.com/user/Rogrog/monsters/ and have basically the exact same question. I have tried doing the special dungeons that come up, but I am obviously under prepared for any difficulty higher than expert.

Your best and really only leader is Pompompurin so I'd suggest putting most of your xp into getting him evolved and higher levels. Other than that, since his leader skill is non-conditional, you can use a variety of Friends like Bastet, Isis, Horus, Kushinada - basically any other multiplier leader; you can also use any subs that you feel like using. I'd suggest putting levels into Uriel, Echidna and a monster with large amounts of HP since the only drawback to Purin is the low RCV that he'll induce into a team.

Edit: Also Angelion would be another good place for levels since Purin's active is a light boost; the drawback is that light XP is hard to get so you should also do off-color feeding. That being said, light subs are not required so you're free to include strong subs like Echidna, etc.

On a second look, you can also use Uriel to make a Fire tank team when pairing Uriel with Ares (2x ATK/ 4x HP/ 2x RCV) or a Fire RCV with Freyr (2x ATK/ 2x HP/ 4x RCV) but those teams aren't as useful as the traditional 4/2/2 teams.

Furious Lobster fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 11, 2014

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

ASK ME HOW FAR LEBRON'S DICK CAN FIT INSIDE MY MOUTH

Reiterpallasch posted:

EDIT: oh yeah and there's no way the Heroes are B- if he's throwing around Cs and lower like candy for the monocolor leaders. Yeah they're both worthless in descendeds, but I know which one I'd rather have in my box...

Why do people keep saying this? Have they been hibernating since awakenings came out? I feel like I'm going insane.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011
Okay thanks. So should I just be doing dungeons/technical dungeons for a long time while I level stuff up until I can do the harder end game type content?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

mphill posted:

Why do people keep saying this? Have they been hibernating since awakenings came out? I feel like I'm going insane.

It's more the low chance to actually activate them consistently when you need them. You're either gonna have to stall and save orbs in the corner or run multiple orb changers on your team to really dish out damage with a Hero team. Yeah they're powerful when fully awakened and you can match 8-orbs, but it's not exactly consistent.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

mphill posted:

No you're right, and the PG guide even explains the type of team composition that makes them good.

edit: dont listen to the guy above me, you often only need a single orb change to wipe any given Descended boss so consistency isn't an issue there.

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 11, 2014

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

El_Gimpo posted:

Okay thanks. So should I just be doing dungeons/technical dungeons for a long time while I level stuff up until I can do the harder end game type content?

Pretty much: run Tower of Giants on weekends/ Lava Tube on 1.5x for ranks, do techs on Mondays for the Pengdra Cycle and weekly dungeons for evo mats, etc. You can also start practicing using Ra in Endless Corridors since he's difficult at first but one of the best all-around descend leaders.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Flame Chaser really is the best Tengu team by a mile. 5 runs, no deaths, 4 Tengu and 4 Nene. For a dungeon I ran today on a lark I'm pretty happy.

Hero Talk. I have Sun Wukong and Perseus basically up and ready to go. For levels and skill-ups anyway. Awakening everything is another story...I'm at the point where I'm probably going to awaken Raphael because I don't have a Thor and him and Sun Wukong are like my only light row bonuses.

I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet, but if you have either and want a buddy for that one dungeon they're totally good for you can add me.

388 947 289

I also run...all kinds of crap. I'll accept pretty much anything and still get some use out of you.

madmac fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 11, 2014

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

ASK ME HOW FAR LEBRON'S DICK CAN FIT INSIDE MY MOUTH

Eddain posted:

It's more the low chance to actually activate them consistently when you need them. You're either gonna have to stall and save orbs in the corner or run multiple orb changers on your team to really dish out damage with a Hero team. Yeah they're powerful when fully awakened and you can match 8-orbs, but it's not exactly consistent.

I'm talking about monocolor leaders being "worthless in descends".

But to your point I have no doubt that with a miniscule bit of practice (and the right pieces of course) you can make the Heroes exceptionally reliable. The argument against it is the exact same thing that makes people think 4/2/2s suck in endgame content. How do you heal through something that hits for 20k each turn long enough to kill it? Well, you learn how. How do you make a Hero a consistent source of damage? Well, you learn how.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

madmac posted:

Flame Chaser really is the best Tengu team by a mile. 5 runs, no deaths, 4 Tengu and 4 Nene. For a dungeon I ran today on a lark I'm pretty happy.

I finally have all the pieces for a baby bats team that I am loving. Of course I have 5 clears with 1 Tengu. I need the 2 more for awakenings. Come play with me bat friends!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mphill posted:

Actually I'm kinda worried about you, sometimes it seems like you're going to blow a gasket over the game, ahahahaa.

Anyways, if Isis is B+ then...

quote:

Okuni: The only reason he’s not top-tier is that no one seems to like running leads that aren’t female so you’ll have trouble finding consistent Oku friends.

Yeah, she should get some extra points for her gender. That list is *totally* scientific and I'm in complete agreement.

dwarf74 posted:

Dooo ittttt

(I say this because it's best for you, not because it's best for me.)

I'll probably do it in a month or so, after I level my spare Horus and make sure that I can Ra. The only thing that really hurts is the wasted tamadras. gently caress US tamadras, my JP team is so well fed in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
i was going to argue about the list on Facebook but I decided against it because not only do we fundamentally disagree on the purpose of the list (I like SA's more earlygame-centric list better) I also am one of those insane people that likes to run monocolor teams

They actually saw our list and really disliked it, haha
I do think Isis and Bastet should switch positions on ours though :colbert:

• Locked thread