Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dropbear posted:

Some more info on the performance issues - oh my. Someone took the time to dig into the actual game files to find out why this runs like a slug on tar, and it turns out the developers don't seem to really know how to make 3d-models, since almost everything has a ridiculously high polygon count - floor tiles, for example, are 1200+ polygons. Why it works better on some rigs for no apparent reason, no idea. Changing drivers / NVidia settings doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, taken from the debug log - there are literally thousands of lines, these are just some:

code:
Unloading 43307 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 19824.
AudioManager: AudioController is set persistent, MEMORY LEAK?
OnAbilityEvent: Ability GFX is missing!
PlaySoundOnAwake: AudioID not found! DangerSenseYellowStart
AudioID: 'DoT_evil_Laughter' not found!
AudioID: 'smallFire1' not found!
And keep in mind that the game looks like this. Some areas better, some.. less so. This is with the textures set to high, mind. Next-gen graphics! Pro developers! Jesus, I want to like the game but goddamn Ubisoft, get your poo poo togeter.

I dunno dude, this game runs screaming fast on my i7 @ 4.8GHz + Dual AMD r9 290s. :pcgaming:

That screenshot actually looks like you're running the game on the lowest setting and not FANTASTIC!

I've sunk WAY too many hours into this so far. My GMd dagger/dual wield bladedancer that's dual wielding relentless daggers (extra attack on hit) just shits out so much loving damage it's insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dropbear posted:

Yup, on some setups it just works - some ages old Macs run the game perfectly, while some desktop machines with beast GPUs etc. are unplayable, it's very strange. And yeah, that picture was taken with textures on high + terrain on very high. Some areas look way worse than others (this was in the wrecked ship-area near Sorpigal), looks almost like the devs just ran out of time. Or the game failed to load the proper assets, who knows.

Also, someone asked about the paladin quest with the stone disc - has anyone figured out how to return the disc? I can't complete it either. I read you need to give the disc to the ghost after finding 4 pages; the option just doesn't appear for me. Does it just not activate if you don't actually have the quest for it (I don't have a crusader)?

Yeah there are definitely a lot of bugs to be squashed. Going to try the game on my low end laptop (AMD A6 APU) to see how it runs. I'm also hoping that the modding community does some cool stuff with this. I'd love to see respawning enemies, or random encounter type stuff added so I can grind levels :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Apoffys posted:

I'm stuck, can anyone help me? Done pretty much all I could find in Agyn Peninsula (except some cursed ruins with ghouls that were way too strong for me, a cave with a dragon in it and the cyclops cave), but I can't get anywhere new. There's a blocked bridge, a broken bridge that needs a blessing and a teleporter that also needs a blessing, but the only blessing I've found is Sylanna (to go through thickets).

I've done Castle Portmeyron, the Lighthouse, the Bandit hideout in the woods and the Elemental Forge. Maybe I've missed something in one of those?

Once you finish the forge (fought and won vs. the earth lord elemental), finish the quest at the castle, which should then open up the blocked bridge. If the bridge remains locked, you need to make sure that the game is fully updated and activated in uplay since you're running an older/not activated version, or potentially :filez: :shobon:, or try the following http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/826555-Important-Notice-if-you-can%92t-access-Act-2?s=fd3b458a87c31626248eb28a095729ad

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dahbadu posted:

How does block chance, combined with multiple block attempts, work against a single monster with single or multiple attacks?

Examples:

- The monster has a single attack and it attacks. My Defender has 3 blocks available with 55% chance to block. The dice is rolled, and the "first" block chance fails -- will my other 2 block chances be applied? In other words, is it just a 55% chance to block or is it a 55% chance to block, then if the hit still goes through, another 55% chance to block, and if the hit still goes through, another 55% chance to block on a single hit? Or because the "first" block was rolled against the attack and failed to block, the hit goes through and rolls aren't made for the other 2 block chances? (The latter makes the most sense.)

- The monster has 3 attacks and my Defender has 3 blocks available for a round. I block the first attack. Is there a reduced chance for me to block the second attack and third from the same monster?

You either block or don't. 3 attacks vs 3 block chances happen as an individual roll for each attack attempt. If you have 3 blocks and 4 attacks incoming from the same mob, you'll only get 3 block attempts.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

I've been reading the steam forums and am somewhat shocked at all the whining. The game is too hard? I have died a few times, yes, but only once was it during normal questing.

My first try against the Naga boss I got thrown off the edge. Tried again and beat him.

All the other deaths are to things like the Cyclops: not strong enough yet. Manticore boss, regen was higher than my damage. Got him a few levels later. Level 3 in the lost city: clearly I am too low a level..will go back later.

If a fight is too hard, then go do something else. This isn't a hard game.

I've basically smoked all the dangerous cave bosses, but holy crap those ravenous ghouls in lost city level 3 are DANGEROUS. SOOO many attacks per round.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dropbear posted:

They are. Water spells that reduce the opponent's attacks per round help, or just bring a heavy armor tank that is immune to melee damage and wail on the attack button forever.

The game is a bit harder than the usual bollocks-easy RPGs these days, so I can see why some people complain. I like it BECAUSE it is harder; as someone said earlier, actually having to use consumables and use debuffs is great. In other games they often feel like a waste; why even have debuffs when stuff dies easily without any? Why even implement potions and other consumables if nobody ever needs them? It's a nice change.

Yeah I love the difficulty. It's always been the thing I liked about the M&M series. Exploring the world always meant you could die just around the next corner.

As far as those ravenous ghouls go I don't have a heavy tank. Both my melee damage dealers are evade tanks, which they evade really well. Problem is that those filthy ghouls get more attacks the lower HP they are and the more they've missed. On a bad roll one can take out any character because they're hitting for 8+ attacks in a round :gonk: Just GM'd my ice magic guy and my light magic guy so we'll see how that goes.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Apoffys posted:

Thanks, I was running a not activated version (because gently caress Uplay, that's why), that was probably the problem. Downloaded the Uplay-version from Steam now, but I can't get the savegames imported...

The savegames are in "Save002.sav" format (plus a "saves.ini"), while the Uplay-version seems to save things in multiple files with different names ("2.save" + "2.save.metadata"). I've tried just renaming the files to match Uplay's system, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Starting over is the only way. Old and new saves aren't compatible. :(

You're not that far in thankfully so it shouldn't be to painful.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Apoffys posted:

Thanks, but I'm too far in to bother starting over now. Thankfully there's a workaround (fast travel between the stables in Sorpigal and Seahaven). Hopefully I don't find any other serious bugs...

You definitely want to start over. You are about 5-10% into the game at that point. There are many more things broken since you're running the Early Access Alpha, vs. 2-3 patches in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The blackfang guys are probably one of the harder regular mobs you can fight even if you're at equal level parity with them. They do a lot of damage, drop a lot of conditions onto your party and hit back @ your melee characters.

• Locked thread