Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that

Uncharted 3 is another entry in the line of games where a crazy treasure obsessed man accidentally destroys lots of historical artifacts while trying to find treasure. I think it's a pretty fun game, but not up to the same quality of Uncharted 2. Multiple factors contributed to the game not being as good as it could be, but it's not anything that will be immediately apparent. We'll get into that stuff when it starts to pop up. However, this game still has some great moments in it that I'm really excited to show off. This LP will also have the benefit of not having outdated video host jokes in the first 5 videos like our Uncharted 2 LP, so enjoy!!!

OUR PREVIOUS UNCHARTED LPs:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

:siren:THREAD ADVICE:siren:
1) As per usual, try not to spoil the game.
2) The conversation about how cutscene Drake and gameplay Drake are different and how you kill a lot of people gets brought up all the time, so just be careful when talking about it because the conversation frequently gets lovely really fast.

:siren:VIDEOS:siren:
Episode 1: Another Round.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 2: Greatness from Small Beginnings.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 3: Double Jump.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode Orb.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 4: Buckland Abbey.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 5: The Core.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 6: Stop 'n Swop.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 7: The Big Man Upstairs.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 8: Magic Man.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 9: Lobby Thing.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 10: Butterfingers.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 11: D.A.R.E......Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 12: Thoomp II.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
The C2E2 Let's Play Panel
Episode 13: Marco Solo.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 14: Blue Steel.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 15: Ghostpa.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 16: Horse Thing.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
C2E2 Podcast
Episode 17: Proto-Buddha.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download
Episode 18: Plunger Power.....Uncut Commentary.....Baldurdash.....Download

Chip Cheezum fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
Sometimes I like to imagine Sully holding me while I sleep.

QuetzaDrake
Sep 11, 2011

So lonely.
And bookmarking immediately, been looking forward to this LP since the Uncharted 2 LP. I had actually been hoping to see this game played first by you guys (have always been too poor for recent consoles), but I ended up seeing someone else play the whole thing like a year or two ago, so oh well. Can still look forward to that 100% treasures run here.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Glad to see you guys finally play this game...which is something I should fix since I have a unopened copy of the Collector's Edition. Hoping you guys get another Captain Planet episode from Zorak for this thread, as the yeti episode was one of my favorite parts of that thread.

PAMaster
Mar 2, 2013

Tiger Bard Apprentice
After seeing the updates on Twitter I've been waiting for this all day.

I'm looking forward to seeing just how much of this game turns into magical mumbo-jumbo and how quickly it does so.

And I just finished watching the Uncharted and Uncharted 2 LPs a day ago, so I've got that going for me too. Everything's fresh in the mind.
...There's not much to be fresh on, to be completely honest.

PAMaster fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 31, 2014

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
I've been looking forward to this for a long time! Legends was a great ride, but there's just something about Sully...:allears:

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Oh boy, I've been dying for you guys to start this! :allears:

evilcrash9
Oct 17, 2013
While I liked the second one better as well, 3 did by no means Sully the Uncharted name.

Nevertheless, been waiting ages for this LP to happen.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Huh, even on the uncut track, no commentary for the ending cutscene of episode 1? Time to watch episode 2.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Oh boy, I've been waiting for this one since you mentioned having a bunch of footage ready in the Mega Man LP. I agree that this game has problems, but I liked all the setpieces that my friends hated so we'll see how it goes.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Always good to get another dose of Sully.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Oh boy, I've been dying for you guys to start this! :allears:
What the man said.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Just noticed I have the cut and uncut commentary a little mixed up in the videos, so I'll be fixing that soon.

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".
The only thing more fun than playing an Uncharted game is watching a Chip & Ironicus LP of an Uncharted game. Hopefully Chip can put words to the feeling of just-not-as-good-as-the-last-one that I get when playing this game.

Kuru Seed
Jul 29, 2008

It's always sunny in Fillydelphia.

General Ironicus posted:

Sometimes I like to imagine Sully holding me while I sleep.

I like to believe everyone imagines Sully holding them while they sleep.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
gently caress yes, I got this thanks to PS+ and it's so bad but, like, in the best possible way and I love it.

Never having played Uncharted 2 probably improved the experience.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I find it VERY hard to believe that Sully would be onto young Drake stealing his wallet but then wouldn't check if anything was missing from his wallet.

Come on Sully, we all know you're better than that! :colbert:

e: I should learn to finish videos before commenting.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 31, 2014

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I wonder why none of the locals in the flashback seemed to care that a white boy kept jumping around on the outside of their buildings?

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
Uncharted 3 was fun. It may not have been on the same level as 2, but it still had a lot of really fun moments. Other than, maybe, a couple of shooting sections and some odd character animations there is not much about which to complain.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
After playing the game twice I still don't know why it's called Drake's Deception. This game's plot is not its strong point.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Man, the melee in this looks unsatisfying as hell after playing Sleeping Dogs. I think that game may have ruined melee combat in games for me.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

HellCopter posted:

After playing the game twice I still don't know why it's called Drake's Deception. This game's plot is not its strong point.

Spoilers just in case: Drake, Sully, and Cutter tricking Marlowe into taking the fake Francis Drake ring was what allowed them to draw her organization out of the shadows, and give them the chance to follow her car and discover her secret headquarters, and then the rest of the plot.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

HellCopter posted:

As well as what Sylphid said, there's also Francis Drake's deception about the missing 6 months mentioned in the second video. Although I do agree with you in general about the game's plot; it's like three or four different games haphazardly stitched together.

Got some great set pieces though.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The small animations of Drake leaning on walls and stuff are great but they get really weird in certain areas of the game when it looks like Drake has severe OCD and has to touch everything.

Also Charlie Cutter is played by Graham McTavish (Rambo, The Hobbit movies) who played Lazarevic in UC2.

E: Beaten in the actual uncut video. :saddowns:

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 31, 2014

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The drag-out bare-knuckle pulp-as-hell bar fight is still my favorite tutorial in all of video games.

yes
Aug 26, 2004

thank you

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Uncharted 3 was really mixed for me. The technical execution is as masterful as any of Naughty Dog's work, and it's sure as hell fun, but...well, the plot might never have been that important to the previous games, but it was usually pretty clean. I feel like this game, on the other hand, takes some weird turns and leaves some threads pretty unresolved, and that makes it feel a bit awkward at times.

At any rate, my wish for my Sully is most definitely being granted. :allears:

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 31, 2014

Doctor Borous
Oct 31, 2013

Attention students! This is the prerecorded voice of your prerecorded principal, Doctor-Principal Borous!
I've been really looking forward to this since the end of the Uncharted 2 LP.
Can't wait to see this where this adventure takes us.

Miyamoto Musashi
Jul 22, 2006

Was hoping you'd do this. Really enjoyed watching you go through U1 and U2, and the series in general is one of my favorite gaming series ever.

As for U3, It's got a couple problems, but there's not much I dislike about it. And it definitely does have some phenomenal setpieces and moments.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Miyamoto Musashi posted:

Was hoping you'd do this. Really enjoyed watching you go through U1 and U2, and the series in general is one of my favorite gaming series ever.

As for U3, It's got a couple problems, but there's not much I dislike about it. And it definitely does have some phenomenal setpieces and moments.

The plot in general isn't as cohesive, partly for reasons beyond Naughty Dogs control and partly just because it wasn't as good and I think even ND will admit to the game being a bit rushed. Saying it's not as good as the previous game isn't much of a criticism though, when the previous game was one of the best loved, most critically acclaimed games of the entire generation. U3 was still great, just not near-perfect like 2.

The Young Drake flashback really made me think of Indiana Jones and the last crusade. I was hoping there'd be a scene explaining where Nate got the idea for the half-tucked shirt from.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I gotta say, the sound effects for the combat are kind of weak so far :( Everything is kinda... like wet plops. I expected more crunches and cracks and other fun stuff.

Miyamoto Musashi
Jul 22, 2006

Spalec posted:

The plot in general isn't as cohesive, partly for reasons beyond Naughty Dogs control and partly just because it wasn't as good and I think even ND will admit to the game being a bit rushed. Saying it's not as good as the previous game isn't much of a criticism though, when the previous game was one of the best loved, most critically acclaimed games of the entire generation. U3 was still great, just not near-perfect like 2.

You said it much better than I did, but those are my feelings as well.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

And now I have two more LP's to watch.

Should be fun, never got a chance to play the uncharted games but they look good.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
I just finished Spec Ops and can never see Nathan Drake/Nolan North the same way ever again, regardless I am ready to board his magical murder bus towards adventure.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Yes, it wasn't a "step up" from Uncharted 2, but I love this loving game. So like everyone else has posted, I'm really looking forward to this LP.

The plot may not have been all that complex or creative, but I still find it extremely entertaining (with exception to one part). Also, I remember having to play through that first bar scene part twice before I realized it was Drake and Sully tricking Mr. Talbot, not vice-versa. The flashback stage was kind of a hit-and-miss for me regarding Drake's backstory, but I've come to accept it.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
The melee combat is in this weird position of being more in-depth than the previous game, but also kind of jankier. There's some really cool stuff that you can do, and after having just come out of watching the Uncharted 2 LP wherein Chip punched all the things, I was definitely in a mood to try punching things much more often than usual, but it does kind of lack a satisfying, I dunno...punch.

Also there were two fight sequences in the game that I was stuck on for hours, and both of them were in a weird part of the plot that makes less sense than anything else in the series, so that kind of sours things.

But I am still super-psyched because I know you guys are going to show this off properly and give it everything it deserves. :)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

The melee combat is in this weird position of being more in-depth than the previous game, but also kind of jankier. There's some really cool stuff that you can do, and after having just come out of watching the Uncharted 2 LP wherein Chip punched all the things, I was definitely in a mood to try punching things much more often than usual, but it does kind of lack a satisfying, I dunno...punch.

This is basically how I felt about Batman Arkham Asylum shifting to Arkham City. The punches sounded like you were punching sacks of potatoes as opposed to the wonderful crunches and smacks of the first one.

From what I've seen here so far, Charlie is pretty great. I hope that the changed melee system means seeing friendly AI characters brawling more often.

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
As others have mentioned overall Uncharted 2 is a better game, but most of the setpieces in 3 are really fantastic and the best in the series. I really love this game, looking forward to the rest of the LP.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Spalec posted:

The Young Drake flashback really made me think of Indiana Jones and the last crusade.

Same here. It also coincides with this being the third entry in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Man, you're a machine, Chip! Great to see you're at this already, though.

• Locked thread