Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I just had to give up on my Crimea game.

I'm at the point where I need better units to expand any more, but I'm unable to reform my government because I can't get my legitimacy high enough. Twice in a row now my ruler died a year before the heir would be old enough to rule so I get a completely new guy with 30 legitimacy since hordes can't have regencies. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Does the Byzantium strategy in the OP no longer work? I vassalised Albania and then tried to peace out with the Ottomans but the cancel vassal button was greyed out and so I couldn't end the war.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

This is absolutely typical, I'm playing as one of the Manchu tribes and this is the one game where Ming hasn't exploded. I'm unsure how I'm going to be able to get the provinces I need to form Qing at this rate.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Does anyone know what determines what religion created subjects become? I've fully annexed several countries of a different religion to me so I can immediately release them and get them converting their own provinces, but sometimes they change religion and sometimes they stay the same and I can't figure out what causes it.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

No, I mean that if for example I'm Sunni Ottomans, I can annex and release Catholic Wallachia and they'll become Sunni, but when I did the same thing as Confucian Manchu to one of the nearby Buddhist nations they remained Buddhist.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Oh drat it's that simple? Can't believe I hadn't figured that one out myself

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I've managed to get a PU for the first time in the hundreds of hours I've played this, and I have another question.

I'm Byzantium and Spain decided to launch a succession war with me for Poland, and I notice one of the demands I can give them is the personal union with them. Does this mean that I can give them gold/provinces and still keep the PU?

I should be able to win the war anyway, but I want to check that I won't lose the PU by not choosing the right peace deal.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

That's good to know, I just wanted to make sure I avoided a situation that I had in another game wherer I was winning an independence war against my overlord but didn't check the peace deal and remained a subject afterwards

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

vyelkin posted:

I was disappointed to discover that the Papal State cannot convert to Protestantism.

It could when the game was first released. Paradox games have the best bugs :allears:

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Haha wow the Dutch Republic government form is incredible, I was having to get admin and diplo techs 8 years ahead of time as I had no other use for those monarch points.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

deathbagel posted:

So I was looking at the national ideas list and I think I'm going to do a Kazan game next. I've never played a horde nation, and I notice that they only have one level of troops, but they start very strong. Is there a particular way I'm supposed to reform out of the horde to get to have new units since westernizing no longer provides western units? Any other tips for a first time horde player?

It's been a while (and a few patches) since I played as a horde, but there's a decision to reform your government that gives you muslim tech group and units. The hardest problem I had was getting enough legitimacy to reform, one game I ragequit because my leader died 1 or 2 legitimacy short and then his son did exactly the same a few decades later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I was losing a war as an ally against France and decided to release vassals and return unwanted cores in Africa to avoid losing any european territory, only for Savoy to give them one of my provinces a week after I peaced out. How is that possible?

• Locked thread