Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I used to think chuck palahniuk was a good writer. Ha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

natetimm posted:

the Red Dragon Inn chat room.

This, but don't whole heartily hate it since it turned me onto EVERQUEST

I know most of y'all seem to hate it but, I truly loved my time on there. For one, we had a store down town where a bunch of teenagers and neckbeards hung out and played on faster-than-we-had computers and internet. Cost 5 bucks an hour though. Met some friends there and my buds from middle/highschool all hung out there to play when we weren't playing LAN. So, it was far from anti-social.

Second, is that we lucked out and got "twinked" by a GM. If you are out there, hey Erlik! It was on the Test Server so, he was able to give us Kunark gear before the expansion even came out. I was level 43 out damaging 50s with two fanged skull stilettos. (12/24) This also got me added to the local Clan which meant I didnt have to pay the 5 bucks an hour fee anymore. :smug:

The funny thing was, we were geared to poo poo but not ambitious, which is probably why the GM digged us. We were content killing guards in W. Commons and shooting the poo poo with him rather than trying to raid. He would teleport us around Kunark every now and then and show us awesome ways to die.

Then, the day came when he sent us a message to get rid of all our stuff. The server first got player wiped and then item wiped. The owners said it was to start anew for "tests" people said that they wouldnt come back if the whole characters were erased so they just did the item wipe. Rumors were it was due to a bunch of people getting twinked and making "testing" false. Probably ruined alot of people's lives/year that way. :smith:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Quint Gets Eaten posted:

Blink 182. I was in 7th grade at the time and considered myself quite punk. My "punk" friends and I were completely obsessed; every inch of our rooms were plastered with Blink 182 poo poo.

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. I was in 6th grade. I thought Jar Jar Binks was funny. I also quite liked the awful Roland Emmerich Godzilla movie that came out around the same time.

Blink 182 loving rules. :colbert: though, they are nearing 40 and still talking about getting caught masturbating by your parents.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

RadioactiveKid posted:

I agree with this guy, Dude Ranch is still one of my all time favorite albums of all time. I didn't like anything that came after Enema of The State though.

Blink was the first band I discovered all on my own before they started showing up on MTV and on the radio.

On topic, I went through a weird Nu Metal phase and I was really into bands like Korn, Powerman 5000 and Static X in middle school, I blame it on peer pressure because that's what all the kids I thought where cool listened to .

We might be the same person. Yeah Korn and all those silly bands in middleschool. Then I found.... ska :[ but all my buds were big into death metal so I settled in on crust/hardcore - a fair medium.

• Locked thread