Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Captain Lavender posted:

I used to think Gamefaqs message boards were pretty cool when they were the only forums I had ever seen, in like 2000. I was a VET in the Poll of the Day forum :smuggo:. Then I found out about any other forum anywhere.

I used to post on one of the social boards when I was in middle school, like 10+ years ago. After this post reminded me of it, went back to see if it still existed, and not only did it still exist, but a lot of the regulars are still there, a decade later. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CannedMacabre posted:

Opiates.

On a related note: Phish. There are still some studio tracks that I will look up on YouTube once in a blue moon, but I can't stand to hear a live recording of them. It used to be bad though, I had tons of concerts recorded and I had friends that would get all audiophile-stupid about tapes. "I won't listen to anything that is more than second gen." and poo poo. I only saw them live 6-7 times, which is a relatively small number for a Phish-head. It got old quick for me. At one point, I was at a show and the second 10+ min. jam of the night was just BAD. Terrible bad. I looked around and saw that the bulk of the stupid masses of filthy, high dancers there just didn't care. I remember thinking, "Can't they tell this sucks?" and that was the last Phish show I ever went to.

There's an episode of Comedy Death Ray Radio that's got Harris Weittels on it talking about Phish while another comedian tears them to shreds that's just wonderful. Totally blanking on the episode number, though.

• Locked thread