Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Dragonlance. I mean, I am thankful I read them, because it helped consolidate in me a love for books, and has left me much more of a reader than 90% of the population but boy is the series embarrassing as an adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Fishy Joe posted:

What is awful about Dragonlance? I haven't read them in 15 years of course, but when I was 13 I remember they were pretty cool.

There is nothing inherently bad, at least I don't remember any outright misogyny or racism or whatever, but lets not kid ourselves, it was not exactly highbrow. I actually still have all the books I bought in my bookshelf(about 15 or so :smith:) and I wouldn't throw them out or anything, and I have considered it but I don't think I will ever revisit them.

Another thing: MMORPGs, goddamn... I wasted so many of teenage years lost in a world where I thought the bare minimum of human contact was a solid base for friendship. First playing Tibia, and then WoW. There was a period of like a year or something during my WoW era where I would literally log on and stand around doing nothing while actually spending most of my time looking at videos on youtube or some other random poo poo, even playing other games with WoW open in the background.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Gertrude Perkins posted:

I don't think anyone's mentioned this, but I had not one, but TWO Neopets phases. First when I was a young teenager (2003-4ish) and then again when I was an older teenager (2008?) whose online crush was really into it. Some of the games were fun, but the community and the lore and the strange random economy of everything were just exhausting.

I just checked into my old account...it's still there, as is my pet. They never die, it seems. They just starve, and sit there miserably. For YEARS.

Oh god, me too. Just imagine a 14 year old boy logging on in secret shame to collect omlettes or some poo poo I can't even remember now a days.

Also Macromedia Shockwave games.

Medieval Medic has a new favorite as of 16:21 on Feb 11, 2014

• Locked thread