Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Fishy Joe posted:

What is awful about Dragonlance? I haven't read them in 15 years of course, but when I was 13 I remember they were pretty cool.

They're just fairly generic fantasy, but better because :black101:MOTHERFUCKING DRAGONS:black101:

And unlike everyone here, I knew libertarianism was dumb when I was a teenager, because it was objectively worse than communism :smug::hf::ussr:. I also did the usual dumb nerd stuff, like being obsessed with anime, Star Wars books and 40k. At least I got out of anime really quickly because holy gently caress weaboos are loving creepier than usual when they realize that you're Japanese.

Oh, and I wasted like 5 years playing WoW every night until the sun came up. I'm exaggerating, but not much.

Don Gato has a new favorite as of 20:44 on Feb 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Oh man, console wars. I nearly forgot that shameful part of my childhood/high school years. Playstation 1 through Playstation 3, I defended every crap decision, every poo poo game, every broken feature Sony put out and attacked everything Nintendo and Microsoft/Sega did. Missed out on so many games since I refused to play anything that wasn't on a Playstation, even at friend's houses.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Alter Ego posted:

Goddamn Evanescence. I heard "My Immortal" so many times that I actually started liking them. What the gently caress was I THINKING?!

My dad really loving loved Evanescence and would play their albums all the time when we were driving. It still boggles my mind, everything else he listened to was the usual things you'd expect a 40-something year old man to listen to, and I wasn't old enough to be an angsty teen who had enough money to buy his own music.

Lt Greatsocks posted:

Mind Blast Ultra Edition Edit: Holy poo poo, holy poo poo, I found it. The absolute loving holy grail of bad things I used to like. Foamy the squirrel. Foamy. The. Mother. Effing. Squirrel. I won't spoil the fun for you guys suffice to say it was a clearly way-too inspired by Jhonen Vasquez flash cartoon series about a squirrel who would bitch about everything while employing a specific, violent, kinda rapey brand of "Awesome Random Humor." I think the term you guys use is purple monkey boat dick or something. I highly recommend you check it out if you've never seen it.

Apparently he still makes the loving things :psyduck:. It's like looking into a time warp.

And I never saw this mentioned, but I used to be really into RPG Maker games. I even convinced myself that most were good and I could make something of that quality if I tried. Luckily the memory card with the only copy of my RPG broke before I unleashed it on the internet so I will never have people "discovering" my middle school shame.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Stottie Kyek posted:

Oo, I never played that, but I did play The Gungan Frontier and Droidworks when I was a kid and loved them. They're probably in my mam's attic now. I'll have to get them out again next time I visit, this thread is making me wonder if they'll actually be as much fun as I remember. LucasArts's merchandise was always way more fun than the actual films.

Man, I thought I was the only person who played Droidworks. It was the best game because it had a dance button in the create-a-droid screen so you could watch your crazy droid break it down and burn up the dance floor. I actually don't remember much else about that game other than it being one of the things that started my love of engineering and making things.

And, uhhh for a terrible thing, I really liked Captain Planet? Nowdays the best thing I can say about it is that if I have kids, I'm going to show them Captain Planet to explain what the 90s were. If they don't get it, that's ok because we didn't either.

• Locked thread