Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

toby, bitcoin apologist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

bitcoin more like shitcoin

has anyone said buttcoin yet?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Plank Walker posted:

A line graph has hit the second tower

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

wait so they guy made a joke post about breaking iphones for google phones, people actually did, and now he's banned so no one gets anything?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

stoutfish posted:

i just want to get off

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

...! posted:

Last ditch option for you die hard apple fans that are torn between apple & bitcoin. (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 3 hours ago by peilthetraveler

So like many of you that recently bought an iphone 5s, you are probably in a contract like me which makes it hard to get out of your iphone and into an android. I really love my iphone but this poo poo they are pulling has to stop. If they make me choose, I choose bitcoin. So I thought of one last option for us that do not want to give up our iphones and that will give apple a chance to redeem themselves. That option is Carl Icahn. For those of you that don't know, Carl Icahn is a corporate raider that has been trying to get Apple to buy back stock for months. He owns $3.6 billion of apple and he wants the share price to go up. Historically he has gotten the boards of many many companies to do what he wants. He is one of the best negotiators out there. If he knew that 100s of thousands of people are going to leave apple because of the whole bitcoin thing, he might do something to fix it. Carl hates losing money and best of all, he doesnt care about the future of companies, he cares about the present. And presently, apple is about to have a really bad 1st quarter in iphone/ipad sales if they dont change their stance on bitcoin. I say lets go and put replies all over his twitter account https://twitter.com/Carl_C_Icahn and let him know we are all going to stop buying apple products and make sure apple has the worst 1Q its had in decades if he doesnt do something.

apple is actually doing this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

as a people, i'm having a good laugh from all the apple hate.

has any of these people commented on how the blockchain app clearly tried to manipulate the review process?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shifty Pony posted:

pretty quick way to get your app removed

well you see this is apples fault because

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

time to buy buy buy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Robawesome posted:

They can work people to death in sweatshops, totally corner the market with shady tactics against their competitors, but don't mess with my bitcoin...

welp

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

apple went full doge

wow just wow

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jony ive please add native dogecoin integration with ios8

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https is just the plural of http how loving stupid do you have to be to not know that?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Heresiarch posted:

some guy just asked "Did I miss something? Where was it stated that #bitcoin was designed to prevent fraud or financial misbehavior?"

i linked him to two of andreas's tweets and he deleted the question

these people, really

you're doing gods work

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

$12 in starbucks is what a small caramel macchiato with a lemon pound cake

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The undercover agent and Michelhack allegedly arranged a face-to-face meeting and exchanged a single Bitcoin for $1,000, a price that investigators say included an almost 17 percent conversion fee. According to court documents, the agent told Michelhack that he wanted to use the Bitcoins to purchase stolen credit cards online.

fukken lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the coding equivalent of living in the zone.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Boxturret posted:

i'm the hypothesis

im the list of materials beginning with a macbook pro

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

...! posted:

Why do you say this? Why would anyone make a decision based on speculation?

I can respect that you believe it. Good for you. But why would you tell others this? Do you believe your speculations to be anything but?

Sorry for my tone -- it's just that I've learned so much while investing, and a lot of it is based on my actual experience in software development and project management. To hear people simply say "What if…!?" leaves very, very much unsaid while sounding conclusive.

hoooooooooly loving lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

really lolin at the idea of bit coiners doing their shopping at loving BEST BUY

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JadeRaven posted:

So you guys are just going to have to loving trust me on this one
http://www.goatse.cx/

oh my loving god

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Heresiarch posted:

what the gently caress

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JadeRaven posted:

It has to be right? If he was actually serious he would surely pick the stupid fake money that at least pretends to be not a joke

one crupto currency was legitimately used to get a national team into the winter olympics. the one is dropping like a rock due to magic the gathering online exchange

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

best thread title 2014 - this thread

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

i can't wait for computers to take over and kill/rape everyone

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

...! posted:

[–]bcecil123 3 points 1 hour ago
One day soon, when a hard working person in Somalia ( or name impoverished country here ), receives the same pay as as anyone else in the world, doing the exact same job he/she is doing and then can take what he/she made and buy some rice at the same price ( all shipping/handling for entire world is priced in at an exchange ), with that same universal currency/asset he/she earned there will be no more poverty anywhere.

:stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Robawesome posted:

In the hole, need some help. (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 48 seconds ago by motodave6

Hi Reddit Community,

Please read this with openness and try not to criticize me.

I sold my car and borrowed a sizable amount of money from some family and friends to buy bitcoin. I unfortunately bought in near the height, a little over the $1000 mark. I originally bought them through coinbase. I literally thought it would easily hit $1,300, I would make a pretty penny.

Then I thought I could start day trading them, so I moved them over to Bitstamp and BTC-E. From there, i’ve really screwed up. I’ve literally bought at the highs and sold at the lows. If anyone wants to know when to buy or sell, if you just did the exact opposite of what iv’e done, you’d be very well off right now.

I’m really screwed right now. I’ve gotten in way over my head. I’m embarrassed. I have no one to blame but myself and my complete stupidity. I just sit there all day staring at the charts on bitcoinity.

I’ve started to have anxiety attacks, which I don’t ever remember having. I can barley sleep at night.

I really just want this to be over, I want to get out. I would be so happy to just get out and not even break even but just be able to pay the debts I took to get in in the first place outside of my car.

If anyone on here reading this is well off, was an early bitcoin adopter, and can afford to spare a little bit, every bit counts. I would be extreemly grateful.

And I really don’t mean to offend anyone or look like a beggar. I’m under pressure to pay the debts back and this is kind of my last resort, otherwise I would just keep holding whatever I have and hope it could go back up (it’s not so much the price drop thats hurting me, but the trading losses. At this point it would have to hit $1,600 per coin to for me to break even. And I’m just under pressure to pay back what I owe now. This mostly due to the expectations I set to those I borrowed from.

Anything you can give helps. I’ve accepted that i’m going to have to be in debt for my complete incompetence, but if I could lower the debt by any amount, it would really help.

Also, any advise would really help. And please don’t rip on me or mock me, it’s really not going to help me at this point.

Thanks for your understanding. In advanced, to whoever can send anything or give advice, I really appreciate it.

My address: 17fqs1sLjeYRpjkCpHE1nBsQFiTnw1Aibt

the greater fool

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

apparently the sean bithomelessswamp is named after was a magic: the gathering player

yup

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Robawesome posted:

Bitcoin Will Give US Government 2.0

Bitcoin is gaining worldwide approval thanks to its free and frictionless protocol, but more importantly it is a tool that meets the needs of our increasingly flat world.

It’s about time we had a system that matches the reality of the world we actually live in. For example, The American government really has no right to enforce OSHA at the same time we buy cheap iPhone’s from Chinese laborers treated like slaves.

Why is it fair that we hold our companies to a certain standard, but then import goods from companies that treat their overseas employees poorly. Remember the Wal-Mart, Gap and J.C. Penney factory fires in Bangladesh?

As bitcoin becomes more ubiquitous, workers in poor nations can stop doing all the hard math converting their rupees, rubles and dongs into dollars. A bitcoin is a bitcoin, and many workers will wonder why they get paid .002 BTC to produce a shirt that sells for .8 BTC even though the materials only cost .0004 BTC.

And maybe this is why it scares the establishment.

oh my god. oh my loving god. how the gently caress do they not see that literally the exact opposite would happen? the rest of the world wouldn't rise up to our osha protected standard of working! the worst loving place to live and work would become the floor and EVERYONE would quickly switch to whatever they do (or don't do) in order to maximize cutting costs because free loving market y'all

osha is the best loving thing nixon did (also the epa)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

it's double spending but with bitcoin!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

"like the holocaust in my butt!"

please don't quote me after mexican night

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiwid posted:

has anyone empty quoted this yet?

nah maybe you should

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

surebet posted:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=8392.0

New Attack Vector
May 15, 2011, 05:00:58 PM

if this gets fixed this year it'll still be faster than most of the engineering software i have to use.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a plane has hit the second exchange.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Werthog 95 posted:

wait, BFL seriously paid buttcoin dot org to promote their poo poo :psyduck:

someone within bfl noticed that a bunch of their traffic was coming from a buttcoin article so they bought all of buttcoin just to edit the article.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

surebet posted:

realtalk people who do this are morons

p sure most of you know this, but your income gets segmented and taxed by their respective bracket

this is too complicated if only we have a flat tax

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vicas posted:

i think we need to make america more friendly to billionaires its the only way to get them to trickle their money down on us like a golden rain

don't kink-shame

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

oh. oh wow.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

stupid question but what's the point of having a hash if it can't be relied on

• Locked thread