Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Fallout without guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

bonermobile posted:

see this could be cool b/c imagine exploiting all those bugs to use against other idiots playing the bad game with you and instead of laughing to urself ur laughing with ur friends and/or at other idiots who are getting really mad ur ruining their Elder Scrolls Experience

Paying to play an mmo you dont actually like because there might be a bug in it that you could exploit

lol, goons will throw away their money on any old poo poo.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

rainy day posted:

also like literally every piece of armor is boob plate which looks so loving stupid especially since my character doesn't have giant tits

:goonsay:

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

uh, no peg.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Nov 3, 2014

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

I guess paying 100 USD for a game that exists and is likely to be technically competent is better than paying 1000+ USD for a game that doesn't exist.

The promise of a good game is nearly always better than the actual game, hence why nearly every megathread thread in games is continuous praise and hype before release and non-stop bitching after. It's partly why the whole star citizen thing is so insane, like, they know this and are still seemingly blinded by spaceships.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Whats the shortest space of time a major mmo has been released and then shut down in?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

just wanted to reiterate how weird it is that a sub based mmo is coming out in 2014

Also the fact that no one really wanted this at all, apart from people who get excited at the concept of a skyrim mmo before remembering what mmo's are actually like.

How long has this been in development? because i can only think they wanted to quickly capitalize on skyrims/Tes' recent hype and success by making a game where people will pay to play.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Omi-Polari posted:

wait. are you saying video game companies are motivated solely because of money? :monocle:

Yeah but usually they'd re-tread old ground (skyrim was basically oblivion 2), not make some vanity mmo monstrosity.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Fagmaster posted:

funniest part is still coming when it's obvious that every games poster who is crying how bad this is has bought special edition, life time subscription and couple wacky hats and then proceed to defend this.

i love the "gently caress it, got my money's worth!!!" posts that inevitably come, because you can sense the deep regret

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

The Droid posted:

I liked Oblivion more than Skyrim.

oblivion was just fallout without guns

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Mr. Mallory posted:

so this was apparently released today. did any of you nerds get it? tell us how terrible it is

Its SA so of course someone did but like simcity they'll a million have reasons and excuses that they just had to buy it

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

hexic posted:

bioinf was a goddamn gorgeous game but the story was dumb

Name one game which doesnt have a dumb story.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

NieR was pretty neat, helped that it got a good localization

Baroque told its story in a pretty clever and interesting way, story itself was solid as well

Alpha Protocol's story wasn't exactly original, but I can't say it was dumb

i could probably think of more but cbf to, i just clicked to see if anyone found out any more funny things about hit new sensation The Elder Scrolls Online

lol i just looked up the plot for that nier game, are you having a laugh?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

hexic posted:

none of them but bioinf had a bunch of praise heaped on its retarded story. i was at least expecting something slightly better than your average dumb throwaway game plot but nope, it managed to be even dumber because it tried to be deep in a really embarrassing way

I know but its a bit like complaining about a smelly turd while you smear yourself in regular poo poo.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Bioshock infinite is redeemed by that incredible cliffyb tweet about ebert to be honest.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

$60 + $15 a month for a worse version of Skyrim

$80 if you wanna play as the White people

A skyrim you cant mod, its worthless.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

I saw an ad on tv for this, lmao they are really pushing this hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

150 hours straight? Gamings just my hobby :D

• Locked thread