Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Don Tacorleone posted:

Isn't WOW dying from bleeding thousands of subscribers daily, which is what spurred Blizzard into actually making games again (i.e. Hearthstone)?

WoW gained 200,000 subs last quarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

rainy day posted:

jrrt and grrm both have a significantly better command of narrative structure the english language than the people writing elder scrolls, of course so do most D&D and star wars authors.

I'm pretty sure your average Star Wars author has a better grasp of narrative than JRR Fartkien

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

rainy day posted:

i need to try this and wildstar out so i can decide which is the bigger trainwreck

By weight of ~celebrity voice actors~ ESO by far

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

there was a time when i played mmos and if theres one thing it taught me its that people will fail at the simplest of tasks no matter how impossible it may seem

There's a boss fight everyone does in WoW right now where the only difficult part is switching targets by clicking with your mouse at the right moment. Without fail at least 12/19 people who need to do it won't. The only difficulty is in shouting yourself hoarse so they'll listen to you and left-click once instead of messing up at the simplest thing in the game.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sartana posted:

This is why MMOs sound absolutely horrible to me. The idea of cooperating with 39 other people to do this huge extravagant boss fight theoretically sounds awesome but the fun part should be experiencing it for the first time with a bunch of people, strategizing together on how to overcome a hard part and being collectively like "woah holy poo poo" when something unexpected happens

But I guess everybody who plays MMO are number crunching autists who would rather sap all of the fun out of a game and play it by rote like a job you have to pay for

To give you an idea of how right you are, WoW is balanced around an extremely popular mod that tells you exactly when the boss will use each ability, where you need to stand and when, and what you need to do to win.

It doesn't make the game unfun, but MMOs are definitely not about going in blind and figuring things out yourself.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

One streamer group already reached lvl 50+5 or sth.
After cruising through some heroic dungeons they gonna run out of content before the game launches.

Yeah it's one of those MMO's that promises raids 'later on' aka you get some buggy untuned crap in half a year.
That worked so well for WotLK.

wait so the most popular raid tier in wow's history was a failure

ps: wrath launched with all of tier 7 available from the first day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Stalins Moustache posted:

whats funny is that the whole game is based around that you can ~~~~***CREATE THE CHARACTER YOU WANT TO PLAY***~~~~ as in like a mage can wear heavy armor and wave a big sword around but sooner or later a sperg will come around to do some kind of simulation in which the optimal setup is made, making the whole premise of the game completely worthless

the funnier thing is that people position this as a rebellion against wow's school of design

meanwhile blizzard has solved this problem twice already with d3 and mop and no one gives a loving poo poo what your talents are in either game, there's no optimal setup to being a priest in wow now or whatever

it's literally pablum for angry nerds

• Locked thread