Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
i was in the beta and it was legit absolutely awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Arivia posted:

By weight of ~celebrity voice actors~ ESO by far

my favorite was the text to speech voice actor they had in there. not sure if they removed it by now and im not gonna play it again to find out

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

tankadillo posted:

is there literally anyone in the world who wants to play this. anyone at all who saw that they were making an elder scrolls mmo and thought "now that looks extremely my poo poo"

people who haven't played it yet and just think that people that were in the beta are over-reacting about how terrible it is

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Longshot007 posted:

I have a friend who's played the beta and still thinks this pile of crap is the next big thing. They've already preordered the megaultra 100 dollar edition and are trying to get me to do the same. How do I tell them they are retarded without ruining our friendship? TIA

how do these companies have the audacity to charge 100$ for a game that you have to pay a monthly fee to keep playing.

the initial poo poo should be free

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

crowfeathers posted:

it's really obvious they're setting things up for when they switch to f2p, they're just going to milk the hardcore fans first

i wish gamers could actually practice some restraint and not buy this garbage and make eso switch to f2p in the first month. that would be pretty funny

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

BadLlama posted:

The day Morrowind came out I installed it and got off the boat then had to help my dad install a giant rear end mirror on which I sliced my finger open and Spent the whole night at the ER getting stitches and poo poo and didn't get to play Morrowind on release. loving sucked.

Everyone else share their release day Morrowind experience please.

i installed it and played for a few minutes then got called into my lovely fast food job and i didnt say no because i was a teenage pussy

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

kingcom posted:

Yes.

Yeah but then Demonius Darkblade's Retrogaming Dungeon was made so its not true anymore.

does demonius darkblade have any relation to demonius x?

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
im so excited for this game to bomb

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
so this was apparently released today. did any of you nerds get it? tell us how terrible it is

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
i just bought bioshock infinite like a week ago and just finished it. i enjoyed it for the most part, so i went online to read about it and its nothing but nerds complaining about how lovely and terrible it is because blah blah blah and all i could think was "wait i thought everyone liked this game and it was goty???"

i guess it got too mainstream so now nerds hate it

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

ethanol posted:

I thought the intro was amazing and I probably shed a tear or two with the bleeding heart indie church song. After that I watched some confusing racism and then proceeded to be bored by the combat and annoyed by the voice acting for seven hours.

yeah the combat was mediocre at best but i kept playing because i enjoyed the story

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

this guy must be one of the spergs who hates it for irrational reasons

no pun intended rofl

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

hexic posted:

or it wasnt very good. thats a possibility too

or people like to nitpick useless poo poo and jump on hate bandwagons.

the story to bioshock was fine. it wasnt trying to be "deep". it was what it was. the only people ive heard hate it are the same people that bitch about their precious games becoming mainstream

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

binfinite was bad and its really fun to read about all the amazing ways it went bad (like levine restarting the entire project multiple times on a whim), its also p funny to see how they desperately scrambled to try to make the money back (such as gutting an entire planned DLC down to a horde mode for some quick bux)

art team was solid, voice actors did what they could, story was garbage, gameplay was incredibly dull

seeing all the stuff that they ended up cutting out or just dropping was really disappointing but i still got my $7.50 of enjoyment out of it. gently caress any nerds who bitch about superficial poo poo

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

hexic posted:

i bought it and played it so obviously im 'jumping on a hate bandwagon' and not just disliking a boring game that i was dumb enough to buy. you're dumber than i am, congrats

basically yeah. game was pretty but that's about it

lol im dumb because i dont give a poo poo about bideo games being """"ART""" and i only play them to turn my brain off for an hour a day and dont expect them to be perfect in any way

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

hexic posted:

i don't give a poo poo about the first part either but it managed to fail at the second part so thats why i dont like it and think its bad. sorry if this upsets you

nah, i thought it was fine. i just dont understand why people get so angry about it not living up to their expectations. if thats the case just turn it off and stop playing

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

lol

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

$60 + $15 a month for a worse version of Skyrim

$80 if you wanna play as the White people

I can't even compare it to skyrim because it looks and feels nothing like it

It's just garbage

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

Neurolimal posted:

this sure is an accurate reading into people saying parts of a game sucked, its in no way an overreaction

no, it's fairly accurate

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

AlmightyBob posted:

It hasn't actually launched yet, this is just the early access.

i thought it did launch? one of my friends started playing on sunday

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

AlmightyBob posted:

hence the words "early access"

oh, i read that as beta in my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax