Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

this, but let's be realistic. In retrospect oblivion and morrowind is now wose.

Few years ago I said one day morrowind would be too arcane to be playable, and it's getting there for sure.

also their spell and enchantment system is poo poo garbage and needs heavily revamped

Good thing some nerds are remaking the entire game in an open-source engine, so that just about any modification to the basic poo poo will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
This game just irritates me on every aspect.

The story is bad. Every quest is a dull affair in which you wade through fetch quests and bad writing (In the Argonian part of the Ebonheart Pact, they all say this cringe-worthy catchphrase, "Stay moist!" :wtc:) to do something you don't care about for people you can't even remember the name of.

The lore of The Elder Scrolls is being pissed on. The titular Elder Scrolls are used as Capture the Flag buffs. Argonians are acting friendly to their former slavemasters, and Dark Elves are letting a Nord into their most sacred city despite the fact that Nords have done nothing but raid their homeland since they arrived on the continent. The Aldmeri Dominion exists years before it should. Imperials are worshiping Daedra.

Finally, the price gouging is ridiculous. It's subscription based, 60 dollars, and has a cash shop. You also have to pay launch day prices to play as your favorite race in any covenant you want, and loads of money if you want to play as an Imperial.

In conclusion, gently caress this game. I'm glad no one is excited for it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Woolie Wool posted:

They could make it about the interesting parts of the Elder Scrolls world but then it would not be about white people and thus you would lose the entitled white male demographic. It's like the game industry version of creationism that entitled, bigoted, angry hetero white males are absolutely key and your game cannot make money without them; everyone believes it even though it's not true.

Cyrodiil was the most boring TES setting ever, it was like France but without any of the interesting places like the Pyrenees or the Riviera. Skyrim was a step up but I liked it better when it was called New Zealand.

You're reading way too into this, man. All of this can be explained by one simple fact: Bethesda is lazy. Trees and castles are easier than swamps and houses made of insect wings and poetry.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

reminder instead of michael kirkbride they have this guy

Meanwhile at Michael Kirkbride's house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfX-CMsftWI

And yes that is actually MK.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/post/75879133306/everything-will-be-answered-02-14-14

Well at least MK will tell us what the gently caress is going on in TES, finally.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

there is no chim

it is not a tes game

There's an Elder Scroll of Chim in this.

It provides 10% more defense if your team captures it, I think.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I played the beta, and the chat log alone made me want to die. You know that poo poo we do ironically with the asterisks where we act like Gaia Online roleplayers? They do that unironically, and all the loving time in the chat. So you'll see some fucker named DovahNaruto typing poo poo like *stabs elf in the throat* in the loving chatbox incessantly. I don't even notice that poo poo in loving WoW (outside of the Blood Elf start zone, at least).

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Mr. Horrible posted:

I think you'll probably have fewer RP types outside of beta. Assuming people play it I mean.

Maybe in the sense that they'll be drowned out by the legions of people looking for MMO Skyrim, but there's only one server for this game.

But then again this is a non-issue as I'm not paying for this poo poo.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/post/76255235585/commencing-flyover-for-lorebomb-targets

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmDDkmTUtYc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Zzulu posted:

A friends uncles cousins sons friend over at Blizzard said that they're working on a sandbox PvP MMO

My dad works for Dreamcast, he can confirm this.

• Locked thread