Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

The Bee posted:

They said Crush 40 was working on the soundtrack, so I'm filled with so much hope.

That said, the dubstep is probably Generic Trailer Filler. No need to worry about that.

Sonic games have done that for their previews before, I don't think the trailer is at all indicative of the final product's soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Grandpa Goodtimes posted:

I'm assuming this is the general Sonic thread right now. I'm trying out the demo for Lost World right now and digging it. Is the game gonna throw any kind of 'Werehog' surprises at me and give me the bait and switch or is what I'm playing right now what I'm gonna be seeing if I get the full package?

Lost world isn't a bad game at all, but it's not an easy one either. It really demands that the player actually learn how to play the game in order to get the most enjoyment out of it, and it doesn't throw nearly as many lives your way as the recent Mario platformers. And the difficulty isn't really from bad design like in 2006 or anything, it's just legitimately tough. I well admit though, that I still prefer the Unleashed/Colors/Generations style of gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYgVcuXruw4

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Grandpa Goodtimes posted:

Also, Sonic's blue arms are weird but that game will probably be okay. Hopefully they get some McDonalds toy deal or whatever and get some cash out of it?

We can only hope the results will be as high quality as their last deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Q0_DgXHG0

:allears:

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

MikeJF posted:

How come Sega has a huge hard-on for Metal Sonic, which whilst cool comes from a relatively obscure game, and has gone back to it like a dozen times, and has never returned to Mecha Sonic, from the massively-better-known Sonic 3?

While I adore Metal Sonic, I agree it's quite disappointing that Mecha Sonic hasn't been used at all aside from showing up in a tube in Sonic Adventure, and then some of those design elements were used on Mecha Knuckles in Sonic Advance.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Sleeveless posted:

I find it far more likely that Yuji Naka will make a Kickstarter for a shameless Sonic clone, rake in millions of dollars based on word-of-mouth and fuzzy nostalgic feelings, and then deliver an utterly underwhelming game way past deadline after pocketing most of the funds and/or blowing them on extraneous tie-ins like cartoons and racecars.

Either this, or Freedom Planet will fill the void.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Re: STC, the UK Sonic Comic.

And Johnny LIghtfoot straight up died during the Sonic Adventure adaptation.

I've always appreciated that Amy got a good amount of exposure in Euro Sonic material. Here in the US she was a character I knew about but it was years before I even knew her name since she wasn't in the comics that much, and the Sega CD release of Sonic CD called her Sally. One thing I always found funny though was her design in the Euro stuff, which seemed to be based exclusively on a single piece of official Sonic CD art.

Every single depiction of her, from comics to gamebooks to that infamous joke book, depicted her spines turned up like that. I guess Sega never sent out the official reference sheet for her, and no one bothered checking how she looked in the actual games. Obviously this changed when her design was updated after Sonic Adventure came out.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

I always regretted that I didn't get the Image crossover. I did, however, manage to get the Sabrina the Teenage Witch crossover which also included a story about Sonic going to the world of Sonic Underground.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Discendo Vox posted:

It's ultra lowbar ARG speak. "icarus", probably combined with two other words, gets converted into numbers and added somehow, probably to give a release/more info date.

I forgot to keep up with this thread for a couple days, but Icarus is the name a Madeon song. The Son of Daedalus stuff is probably just further hints at some kind of Madeon collaboration.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Amppelix posted:

For reference, here's Amy from Sonic the Comic (later in its life):

I love how literally every piece of European pre-Adventure artwork draws her with those upturned spines because I guess the artists only had this image for reference

And Sega never bothered sending out her actual reference sheet.

Archie, on the other hand, got it right but they changed her dress a bit, and her character was a lot less important until the Adventure adaptation.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey so this isn't really about the hip or now Sonic games, but does chao evolution seem busted for anyone else in the Steam version of SA2? Normally they show signs of what they'll evolve into, but I've been feeding this dude birds all day and he's still a featureless-rear end lawful good baby.

What gives?

Which characters are you feeding it with, and what type of flying chao are you going for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm pretty sure all the pre-evolution features aren't just tied to stats, but age. It should start to change as it gets closer to evolving if it goes the same way on the Steam version that it did on GC/DC

That's about what I'm thinking, hero chao have subtler features in general so it'll be hard to notice until the purple plumage appears on its head.

• Locked thread