Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

I forget, is Reinhart's (relative) weakness supposed to be his skating? Because I'm watching Kootenay-Brandon right now and his skating looks yet again unexceptional.

I've read a few places that his skating is unspectacular, so yeah, your observations are probably on the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Bennett and Reinhart have both looked great all year, but they've really blown up since the WJCs finished. They're both separating themselves from the rest of the pack in a good way; I'd be very surprised to see anyone other than Ekblad/Reinhart/Bennett go in the top 3 this upcoming draft

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1h
There are whispers elite 2015 prospect Jack Eichel may consider not going to BU if he could play head-to-head in OHL vs. Connor McDavid.

But Eichel currently obliged to play in QMJHL if he goes jr instead of college. Halifax originally owned his rights, now it's Saint John.

Only way to go from Q to O is to be waived by all Q teams, then claimed on waivers by OHL team. Hard to see it but if CHL wants a player...

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 56m
Anyway, real story I suppose is, based on whispers out there, young American Eichel may like idea of challenging McDavid head to head.

That would certainly be a thing. Eichel's got some chutzpah, that's for sure

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Going to watch the Amerks play the Crunch tonight. I'll report back later with my expert opinions on elite players in a sport I can't play

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Kwik posted:

For as much as I loathe the shootout in professional hockey, this might be a case of it being worthwhile to consider, because asking 14 to 18 year olds to go 7 overtimes is possibly a little excessive.

Both teams need to play in full sweat-suits after the third overtime. Also helmets are removed

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Hockles posted:

So, the dumpster fire that is the Buffalo Sabres goalie situation makes for fun times for Rochester.

They have 2 goalies rostered for tonight's game: Andrey Makarov and Connor Knapp.

Both of these guys have not played a second in the AHL this season. This should be fun.

fake edit: The rink is not pink for "Pink the Rink" I work here and I feel ripped off. :smith:

With Linus Ullmark coming out of nowhere and dominating in the SHL this year, I completely forgot about Makarov. He had Buffalo fans a little excited the last couple season; I hope he doesn't end up lovely :ohdear:

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Linus Omark is a Swedish forward who is bad and quit the NHL

Linus Ullmark is a Swedish goaltender who might be very good playing in the SHL

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
People that watch the WHL more frequently: does Draisaitl always look so terribly slow? I caught a couple of PA's games streamed online and his skating looked goddamn awful. I know it's considered to be one of his weaknesses, but in my admittedly limited viewing, it was worryingly apparent

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I'm gonna keep pimping Linus Ullmark because the kid owns and no one gives a flying gently caress about him for some reason

6th round draft pick by Buffalo in 2012
20 years old
Led the SHL in sv% with a .931
Awarded the Honken award (Vezina equivalent)
Nominated for the Goldpucken award (Hart equivalent)

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Grigorenko played his first AHL game of the season last night and looked very sharp, ringing a couple shots off the post and grabbing an assist on a really nice pass between two diving players to Freddy Roy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W80Hc8X5xCQ

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

fits posted:

Bret Hart showing off the new Hitmen alts

This jersey + a helmet with a reflective pink visor please

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
There's a couple fat older dudes at Amerks games that can usually be found right near the visiting team's bench. I haven't been to many games, but I've seen opposing players/coaches standing up yelling back at them on more than one occasion. I don't know what exactly they're saying, but I'll be damned if it's not effective.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
AHL report: Amerks vs. Wolves

The night started with me getting yelled at by a homeless guy. I gave him a dollar

Early in the first period I ducked a puck that came around the boards into the crowd. Would have hit me right in the loving face

Then in the intermission before overtime, the buddy I went to the game with recognized DAVE HANSON sitting a couple sections over. He still looks exactly the same as he did in Slapshot, except he's old as gently caress. We got him to autograph a napkin

The Amerks lost but it was an A+ night

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
The Amerks controlled a good portion of the game until a puck came high around the glass behind Makarov, took a poo poo bounce and ended up directly in front of the goal mouth for an easy goal. That was with like 7 minutes left in the game I think? After that it was all Wolves...completely changed the game.

Makarov looked really really good for the majority of the game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Anders posted:

... And Latvia beats Finland 3-2

hooray euro-sabres

• Locked thread