Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
Thanks for this. And I made it to MB. Can't really hunt there yet but I have the genrep activated.

So any Psi Monk advice? Do you level as APU and then LOM to PPU if that is what you want? Is grouping a thing really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
I actually played this in beta, at least until someone duped a bunch of stuff and dumped it on the ground in PP, at which point the server rolled over and died. If I remember right, they stopped beta for a while and I found something else.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009

Monni posted:

What does it mean when the quickjobs ask you to kill 5 somethings in the local area. Does it mean that the enemies are spawned inside the map that I'm currently in when I accept the mission?

Just got killed when the delivery mission directed me into the headquarters of a hostile faction. Just gunned me down in the lobby. They could've just asked me to leave, the dicks.

This seems way too janky to be worth it, but I'm just getting too much of a System Shock 2 vibe to stop before giving this a chance.

The quick kill missions are just that, find 5 things and kill them. It is better to know where some things are and take missions to kill them than to get a mission and go looking. The old thread had a post with information about Abandoned Rooms and Abandoned Cellers and doing mutant and agressor captain kill missions. I did those and have been doing well.

And you should check out the Outzone if you want a real system shock 2 vibe. I tried to go there to get to a vendor and it was just too dark and creepy, especially for a droner.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
So I started playing at MB, and after 5 minutes the screen froze and I got the 'synchronizing' message. Now I can't login on any character. I see the server pop is at 12%. Yesterday the same thing happened but the population went to 0%, so I figured server trouble. Now I'm not so sure. What gives?

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
I got back in. The solution was to go get lunch. When I was done it worked.

So what PVP is there. Aside from outpost control, the main PVP I see is hanging out in PP and bitching about the other guy having a PPU in help chat. Do most folks keep their LE chip in until capped and geared? Can you attack hunting groups from enemy clans?

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009

Grecotch Unicycle posted:

Yes, but be careful. I'd encourage it but if you don't take care you might end up getting griefed out of levelling zone.

I've done AC Darktide and Shadowbane. If harassing leveling groups gets people to target me, good for them. I figure one account to level and make money, one to get into trouble.

Assuming that is the plan, what would be the best character? Hidden droner? High level tank? Sniping spy? Melee PE?

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
Yeah, I am finding that to be the case even doing Aggressor Captains. Doing the same missions to the same 5 rooms over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
So I am getting board of MB, and have the 74 dex drone, so I went to El Farid. I keep getting kicked for being too idle. Is there any workaround for this? I see online that it is a known issue that was patched, and in the meantime they recommend moving around move, the droning and moving don't really go together. I assume this will be a problem at other indoor spots.

• Locked thread