Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I can't believe crazy people are still working on this game.

I played Neocron when it first came out (started in the beta, I think), and I remember it being a horrendous grind even compared to other games of the era. I just couldn't keep up with it, even though I thought it was cool and stylish. I hope they make advancement super fast just for the gently caress of it someday. I'd totally play it.

I want to install it just to run around for a sec for nostalgia's sake, but I know there's no way I'll stick with it. I still remember getting into arguments on their forum about game design when we still had no idea how anything was going to work. The anticipation was so great, and like with Shadowbane, the game in our heads was so much better than the reality. Ah, youth.

:corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Gynovore posted:

Interesting. When I played it at launch, it was a bit grindy, but in one and a half months I had top gear and all the stats that mattered were maxed. Not powerlevelling, just normal play.

I guess it's not so much that it was slow, but maybe that it wasn't clear what was viable in terms of character build? I'm sure I did something that I thought sounded cool, but ended up making life unnecessarily difficult. I remember being pretty frustrated with my character.

• Locked thread