Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
Also as of now I have a Tangent, Biotech, Fallen Angels and Black Dragon FSM characters. If you need anything from them please let Ronald Reagan know on Mumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

:frogsiren: INCOMING DOUBLE XP WEEKEND INITIATING. PREPARE YOUR NANOMACHINES :frogsiren:

Also the main website has been updated: http://www.neocron-game.com/

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 15, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Outzone Sectors 4-5 are so chock full of mutants it's a fantastic way to grind with some AoE. You literally cannot walk a few meters without running into a mutant patrol (Aggressors/Captains, Warriors, Corporals, etc). I was told that also there are Launcher Cyclops and Butchees in the various mini-dungeons within Outzone Sectors 4-5 so go do some exploring. And as the previous post suggested, its a pretty creepy place.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Monni posted:

Is there supposed to music in this game or is that something that only happens in the wasteland? I guess I could just play the Deus Ex soundtrack on a loop while STABBING BEES IN A SEWER.

Is there a way to avoid getting a mission that leads into a hostile factions HQ? I checked the info on the city admin and they're not allied with the NEXT, but a mission sent me there to die anyway. Am I just supposed to abandon the job and eat the 20 buck charge? Does cancelling a job change my reputation?

Also is there way to have at least neutral reputation with all the factions? I noticed on some player list ingame that showed there were two players with no faction.

What faction are you currently?

The way hostile works is sort of wonky. If your enemies with any faction, the faction HQ guards will open up on you as soon as they see you. By default over time relations with factions will be as follows:

Allied: 14
Neutral: 10
Enemy: 4

I believe that is correct. Factions are hardcoded relation wise to be hostile to the factions they are hostile with. Nothing can change a faction being Hostile to you unless you hop to a different faction which has a different set of allied/hostile table list.

Also what missions are you doing that are leading you to hostile HQ's? 'Kill X' of missions you just go to the appropriate areas to fight, unless its perhaps a faction epic mission you shouldn't be sent to a hostile HQ.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Exioce posted:

:( They're dead, Jim :(

Shame, since I had four characters who had done all their epics and had nearly capped out.

Anyway, I created a Protopharm driver Spy last night, and gave him 50 in Willpower and Remote Control, with a little in Hacking too. Left him where he woke up, as it was late, but hope I can go into the sewers right off tonight, without wasting any points in pistols or somesuch. Unless it's useful to have a secondary weapon? There's so much I have to relearn.

EDIT - a few newbie questions:

1. Is droner-hacker a good combo?
2. If hacker is one 'tradeskill' I go for, will I have enough points to choose one more also? If so, which one is most useful for a doner?
3. Is there actually an ideal droner build out there for me to copy?

1. Yes, hacking/willpower is good
2. Not really, only one is implanting you can probobly do, don't do construction/research. Implanting caps out at 115 because thats the highest level of implant.
3. You get your first AoE drone at 27 dex, keep getting AoE drones forever, single target isn't worth using until 100+ dex if you want to hunt firemobs or warbots instead of doing Chaos Caves/El Farid/Regants

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 21, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

SubjectVerbObject posted:

So I am getting board of MB, and have the 74 dex drone, so I went to El Farid. I keep getting kicked for being too idle. Is there any workaround for this? I see online that it is a known issue that was patched, and in the meantime they recommend moving around move, the droning and moving don't really go together. I assume this will be a problem at other indoor spots.

Yeh it's a lovely bug, being addressed next patch as devs have said. More or less what Kaz said as well, just have to move a bit after each drone re-deploy and you are fine.

Also we find out shortly if there will be a :frogsiren: ~DOUBLE XP WEEKEND~ :frogsiren: due to complications with zones being utterly inaccessible and people literally unable to access their characters in that zone for about 6-7 hours earlier this week. I also want to start doing the WoC Quests in Dome of York but apparently its a huge PITA and you need a hacker/droners to do that so if anyone wants to get together to do it Let Ronald know on Mumble. Really want that SWAT rifle you get from it.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

texasmed posted:

Somehow my client.exe got ruined and now crashes when I try to load into the game from login. Has anyone run into this? I figure an easy fix is going to be just reinstall the game :effort:

Since I can't log in, I was wondering if anyone knows how many credits it would cost in LoM pills to remove 70 rifle skill and switch it to pistol? I put my private eye on hiatus and leveled up a rifle spy, so I figure I might be able to afford to switch the PE from rifle to pistols at some point. Why not, I guess.

LoM pills come in packs of 10, so you buy 1 box from the vendor you actually get 10 uses. Quite cheap really. More or less it's 50 skill per 10 uses as its 5 skill each use, just try to get close to the next level of whatever stat you are trying to get so you don't lose a level, I mean its not a big deal but it may cause some implants to not work.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Haroshia posted:

So I've been playing Age of Wushu. It's fun-ish, but we have some people looking for greener pastures and more ways to cause people grief. Is PvP in this game entertaining? How active is it?

Neocron is a heavy grief game once you PvP enable yourself, issue is like most MMO's you should be at max rank to be effective with a good weapon (which we can build multitudes of). That super rare weapon someone has, or that really fancy expensive power armor the guy has? That can drop. We had a situation last week where we killed someone who dropped a top-level rare and extremely well modded psi spell, one of our guys got it and ransomed the item back to the guy for an exorbitant amount of money which they did not pay. Needless to say they began to poo poo-talk the clan over world chat whenever they got the chance to and still do. you drop an item every time you die when PvP enabled, one method is to chain-resurrect the same guy, kill him, and he'll drop another item, rinse and repeat. People have lost many rare weapons/spells/armor in this fashion if you don't pay attention.

Neocron is a game which has many, many bitter vets are still tolling for the 'good ol days' which won't return, they are just trying to live in a power tripping fantasy delusional MMO land that they won't let go of. To upset the status quo and start taking territory the 'vets' have held for a long time will not only upset the balance but create splinters in the big two guilds that will create more PvP. There are quite a few nice older players who genuinely want lots of clans for lots of PvP but others are stuck in a different mindset creating the scenario we have now. It's really at the end of the day a giant domino effect that just needs a push to get started. You never seen rage until you legitimately gank a 'vet' who gnashes at you in every aspect on world-chat as a newer player, they utterly blowup in rage using every excuse imaginable.

More importantly there will be a double XP weekend starting sometime tonight so if your going to get started this weekend is an excellent time to do it. Neocron has no real help outside of players and the glorious (and only) https://www.techhaven.org info site.

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 7, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Been pretty busy lately with work, hopefully I'll be able to get back in this weekend. Things look to be getting quite active, I have a few near-capped pvp chars I really want to start cracking skulls with but alas, time. Ronald will ride again.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Holy balls they are actually moving through and balancing the weapons. Does this mean Heavies utterly crushing everyone will be a thing of the past? I hope this is a big PE buff because I have lots of PE's...

Really hoping melee is viable again *cough* melee PE *cough*

If someone takes the time to see how effective the rare weapons are compared to non rares it would be fantastic data and comparison.

Dr. Video Games 0155 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 12, 2014

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If you aren't a droner you do need some type of AoE for El Farid. The XP is phenomenal once you get a rhythm going and are mindful of the terrible death that is scorpion poison. I've seen several tanks do El Farid with various weapons so as long as you are careful you should be fine.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Pretty good notes actually, but I see no changes to PE at all. The melee damage increase helps slightly but it isn't much, hopefully they revisit character skill caps to make quality of life adjustments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

Kazvall posted:

The balancing of weapons is the PE part of the patch. Bringing lesser TL weapons in line with the top tier ones will bring PEs back in line.

That's a fair point. Still have my Rifle PE3 in that weird super advanced armor, I spent like 2 weeks doing that and the insane credit cost for the WoC disks and that armor. Still have a maxed Pistol Spy too. I'll reinstall and say Hi in a bit to see the game again.

• Locked thread