Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

FuSchnick posted:

The February update should start rolling out today.

Any way to force the drat thing (just because I know this is going to be asked over and over again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Iron Tusk posted:

HC333-CJG3P-6G2JV-MMKC6-33CPZ

Titanfall Beta code if anyone wants it.

Looks like someone yoinked it already, but thanks

edit, nevermind:

quote:

Later today, the teams will be opening up the Titanfall Beta to all Xbox One owners. That means no code will be necessary to download and play the beta. We are really excited to get a good test on all of our systems before launch and encourage you to join in.

To download the beta, sign in to your Xbox One and head to the “New Game Demos” section of the Game Store and it will appear there. You can also say “Xbox Bing” then “Show me game demos”.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 16, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So when I delete an installed game, I can't see any saved data for it anymore. Is it correct to assume that just stays stored in some sort of fancy xbox cloud forever?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

King Burgundy posted:

When I go into Manage my installed data for Dead Rising I see the game itself, the addons, and then in a seperate grey snap in looking thing, my saved data. If I select that, I see the options "Delete from console or Delete everywhere".

So maybe it defaults to just the delete from console option if you delete the game without managing that seperately?

I'm speaking with no authority on this.

Yeah, that's what I was assuming, a more comprehensive storage view would still be nice.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Anyone pick up the new official headset? I'm curious how comfy it is, I have a big goddamn noodle.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

That statement comes across as incredibly petty, especially since Titanfall is available on multiple platforms. Again, I'm interested in the console since the rumor is MS will release a Kinectless version soon and MS has been bundling games like Forza and Titanfall FREE with every new X1 purchase. The graphical limitations have been talked to death, but, as X1 owners have pointed out, the X1 offers more than just the ability to play video games. The X1 is poised as an all in one media device. The question I have is what does the average consumer gain by purchasing the X1 over existing media devices? The benchmarks are the Roku devices, a Raspberry Pi with XBMC installed, and an HTPC.

Only one of those devices is one that an average consumer is likely to have ever heard of.

Personally I'm interested to see what Microsoft announces (if anything) in terms of opening up app development for the xbone at build. Having the ability for the Plex team to port over the Home Theater app would be fantastic.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Sedisp posted:

So do you guy only want positive news related to the X1 or..?

I don't care about this being a HUGBOX thread, but isn't there still a whole other thread just for making GBS threads on the Xbox?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Shyfted One posted:

Get your Xbone Titanfall edition at https://www.microsoftstore.com for only $400 with code "1" at checkout.

Hope none of you bought an xbone recently for $500.

This has got to be a busted or test code in the MS store backed, it works on all kind of stuff.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

hanyolo posted:

April preview update details:

Nothing too game changing, was hoping for DLNA pull support.

Still hoping they open things up for 3rd party media player development at BUILD. That would take care of DLNA for me.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Donald Kimball posted:

What's the message with that list of Xbox executives who have left? On the one hand, they're jumping a sinking ship; on the other hand, were those people toxic influences on the brand?

Microsoft has undergone a pretty substantial internal reshuffling (for non bone related reasons) recently, probably people looking and deciding it's a good time to leave.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Looks like the Polk people are going to be doing free mic replacements (and by mic replacements they are actually sending a mic that you plug into the bottom of the headset):

http://www.polkaudio.com/4shot_promo.php

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Picked up the official headset today, this is probably the most comfortable set of headphones I've had in a long time. I need to spend more time with them, but first impression on the sound is really good too.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Aphrodite posted:

Well of course their own headset works fine. It also bypasses the adapter entirely.

Not all microphones are made equal. The best guess on the Astro forums is that the Xbone headset adapter is boosting input, which is causing issues with microphones that are already good.

Astro is able to adjust for the problem in firmware because their latest Mixamps can be updated (older ones are still stuck though.) Polk's solution is apparently new microphones. Turtle Beach's is probably to shift blame since they always do that.

Official headset uses the same adapter that everyone else does

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

March 28th through March 31st there's some 50% off digital Xbone deals (aka these aren't live yet):

Thief - $29.99
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - $29.99

COD: Ghosts will also be 33% off, but it's always on sale somewhere.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Oh it's a product questions thread. Very well then, owners what's your thoughts on the $449 unofficial pricedrop? Amazon has their $50 off coupon on top of that as well. Can't imagine it'd be generating a lot of goodwill for early adopters.

poo poo gets cheaper, being an early adopter always sucks. I wouldn't be shocked with an official $399 price drop at E3, they need to move units.

On a side note looks like more entertainment apps are coming soon for Xbone:

• lol Major League Gaming
  • MLB.TV
  • Starz apps
  • EPIX

http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/ent-new-apps-on-xbox

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

sba posted:

Where the gently caress is my Twitter app?

I believe the official answer is "use internet explorer", I wouldn't expect there to be any social apps.

Agrias120 posted:

edit: I'm being honest when I say that I don't know if it is OK that I post that in here.

:rolleyes:

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Do any twitter apps exist on consoles right now? I imagine they wouldn't due to the input-restrictions.

The 360 had twitter and Facebook apps, but they got discontinued when IE came out (presumably they still work, but I haven't tried them out in a long time).

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I'm still confused as to how this reputation system is going to be functionally different beyond their old attempt on the 360. I expect a few overly dramatic punishments to act like they care about community curation before the system is ignored.

We'll have to wait and see how different it is in terms of negative behavior, but one new thing they've thrown out is rewards for good behavior

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 26, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Crafty posted:

I've never done a digital purchase in North America before, I'm guessing they add sales tax on?

Yup.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

HOLY gently caress. Assuming this is true (I'm tempering my excitement with the answer provided by the member of the Plex team in that thread) this will basically let me consolidate/replace about 1/3 of the crap in my entertainment center if this turns out to be good.

Fallom posted:

If the Xbox One supported DLNA a Plex client app would be unnecessary.

DLNA is better than nothing, but Plex is so much more usable and flexible that I'll take it over DLNA any day of the week.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 5, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

ShiroTheSniper posted:

Hi! Sorry to ask if it's been posted before. I read the OP but I saw no answer for my question:

I just bought a XBone after owning a PS4 since the release (yep, I'm now piss-poor). I'm used to free games, thanks to PS+. Is there anything like that at all with Microsoft, like free games for XBLive Gold members? I'm on the one-month free Gold account and I wonder if I should pay annually for another membership (beside PS+).

Thanks alot, fellow XBoons! :)

PS: The answer should be on the OP if it's been answered before.

EDIT: Except for the beta of Project Spark, if it can be considerate a game.

The Xbone version of "Games with gold" is supposed to be coming sometime this year (so hopefully they will say something about it at E3)

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Bass Bottles posted:

That makes sense, but why can't I see it on the website?

Good question, it seems like everything except the Xbone and Xbone smartglass are "stuck" on the Xbox 360 version of live for lack of a better word. That seems to go for Xbox.com, windows 8 and windows phone. Presumably that will change at some point?

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 4, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Yeah my main point was whether people were aware of the uploaded clips - that weren't marked published - being viewable anyway. Normally in a scenario like this you'd expect unpublished videos to be private. It complicates the previously discussed automatic clip-recording feature when it's set to automatically upload.

I'm curious how much of this information is explained to the user, and what the default options are.

Yes, they are explained to the user. There's default profiles of settings "child", "teen", "adult" and all of the settings for each of those profiles are explained when you select them. These profiles are selected per user, and each of the profiles can be customized when selected.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 9, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Well this was unexpected this morning, wonder what we'll hear about at E3:

quote:

First, beginning on June 9th, in all markets where Xbox One is sold, we will offer Xbox One starting at $399*. This is a new console option that does not include Kinect. For $399, our new Xbox One offering will continue to deliver access to the best blockbuster games like “Titanfall,” “Call of Duty: Ghosts,” “Forza Motorsport 5,” “Dead Rising 3,” and the upcoming “Watch Dogs,” “Destiny” and "Sunset Overdrive." You will also be able to access popular entertainment apps, such as Twitch, YouTube, and Netflix, as well as watch live TV and use OneGuide. Finally, you will continue to be able to use many of the unique features of Xbox One including the ability to get game invites while you watch TV, switch between games and entertainment apps, enjoy Twitch broadcasts, and upload your favorite gaming moments.

Next, we’re bringing more value to Xbox Live Gold members and offering all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners access to entertainment apps whether or not you have an Xbox Live Gold membership. In early June, here is what you can expect from the new generation of Xbox Live:

•Free games with Games with Gold**. Since Games with Gold launched on Xbox 360 a year ago, over 12 million people have enjoyed great free games, resulting in nearly 200 million hours of free fun playing Games with Gold titles. We’ve been learning from your feedback and have focused on making improvements each month to the selection of titles. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold for Xbox 360 and as a thank you for helping shape this program, members will receive an additional free Xbox 360 game in June. The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.” We’re pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June. Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.” A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.

•Exclusive Discounts. Deals with Gold will also launch for Xbox One in June, delivering discounts for great games each month, with significant savings for Xbox Live Gold members. The first titles offered in June will include “Forza Motorsport 5,” “Ryse: Son of Rome,” and a few other surprises. In the coming months, we will offer significant savings of up to 50 – 75 percent off certain titles. This program will continue to be available for Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox 360. And new on Xbox One, we will launch a virtual VIP room exclusive to Xbox Live Gold members where we will feature free games, monthly deals, and other great benefits.

•Popular entertainment apps will be available for all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners. Xbox 360 has been a leader in delivering entertainment experiences for years, with over 170 global entertainment apps and experiences available today. We’re constantly adding new partners and experiences to the growing catalog on Xbox One. Coming in June, anyone with an Xbox will be able to access popular entertainment experiences – whether or not you have an Xbox Live Gold membership. This includes great gaming apps like Machinima, Twitch and Upload, popular video services like Netflix, Univision Deportes, GoPro, Red Bull TV and HBO GO, sports experiences like the NFL app for Xbox One, MLB.TV, NBA Game Time, NHL Game Center and more.*** Microsoft experiences including Internet Explorer, Skype, OneDrive and OneGuide will also be available to all Xbox customers.**** You can find a full list of apps and features that will be available below.

We’ve heard that you want more choices from Xbox One. You want a wide variety of options in your games and entertainment experiences and you also want options in your hardware selection.

To be clear, as we introduce this new Xbox One console option, Kinect remains an important part of our vision. Many of you are using Kinect for Xbox One every day. In fact, more than 80 percent of you are actively using Kinect, with an average of 120 voice commands per month on each console. Some of the most popular voice commands include “Xbox On,” “Xbox Broadcast” and “Xbox Record That.” We will continue to offer a premium Xbox One with Kinect bundle to deliver voice and gesture controls, biometric sign-in, instant personalization, instant scanning of QR codes, and enhanced features only available with Kinect in games such as “Kinect Sports Rivals,” “Just Dance 2014,” “Project Spark” and more.

If you buy Xbox One for $399 and later decide you want to have all the experiences Kinect enables, we will also offer a standalone sensor for Xbox One later this fall. We’ll share more details about the standalone Kinect for Xbox One in the coming months.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/xbox-delivering-more-choices

PS TABLE BREAKING IMAGE:

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 13, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Chick3n posted:

Wow. I really thought they were going to wait until E3 to announce all that. Show off new games, removal of Gold for media apps, Games with Gold on XB1, and then finish with a price cut. I also really didn't think they were going to remove the Kinect. I knew they would offer a price cut, but I thought they would take the hit rather then removing it.

The price cut is effective June 9th, I wonder if the paywall removal leak forced them to release this info early?

I was actually wondering if maybe they're working on a system update that makes console navigation easier without kinect, and want to get that out the door.

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I'm sure the kinectless sku is a bummer for anyone currently working on a Kinect game.

Sad day for Rare I guess :)

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Funkmaster General posted:

Why does that chart have Game DVR checked for Xbox 360?

e: And cloud saves unchecked.

It's a bad chart.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Just a reminder, Target is doing OMG TRIPPPPPPLE TRADEEEEEEEEE INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN (in store only) right now, so you can trade in that disc copy of Ryse for $45 before it inevitably ends up as a "GAMES WITH GOLD" game.

Basically multiply any price on here by 3:

http://www.targettradeinprogram.com/search/1/cat/video_games/sub/xbox_one/

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 21, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Soul Glo posted:

Some good news: Mortal Kombat X, Crytek's Homeland 2 and Forza Horizon 2 were all announced this morning. Games? Hey, sweet-- games!

Heck yeah, Forza Horizon was probably my favorite racing game last gen, remarkably good "chillin" game.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

VincesUndies posted:

It's out now

Yep:

quote:

Good news for Xbox Live Gold members: Games with Gold and Deals with Gold for Xbox One are now available. As detailed last month, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault can be downloaded from the Xbox Games store for free with your Xbox Live Gold membership.

Additionally, Xbox One Deals with Gold is also live; purchase Crimson Dragon at 50% off.

When the June system update is rolled out soon, you’ll find a new hub in Xbox One for exploring all of the great benefits available to Xbox Live Gold members, including Games with Gold and Deals with Gold. We’ll update you when the system update becomes available.

http://majornelson.com/2014/06/03/xbox-one-games-with-gold-are-now-available-for-download/

EDIT:

THe installs seem broken for me, they get to 100% and then error out with "installation stopped" and a hexadecimal error code which doesn't return any results on xbox.com

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 3, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Yup, June update fixed the problem for me!

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

King Burgundy posted:

Confirmed fixed!

Also added the website link for the xbox one store to the OP.

Didn't they say there would be a new section in the store to highlight Games With Gold stuff? I'm not seeing it.

They did, it looks like it's 2 steps to the store now instead of one, I'm guessing the new store front page is going to have those going forward.

EDIT:

Weirdly, the only place I've actually seen mention of "deals with gold" is in the "store" button inside of Max, so I'm guessing someone just didn't press the UPDATE STORE TILEZ bhutan or something.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 4, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

peter gabriel posted:

Hopefully the Games With Gold stuff will come in an update.

What do you mean? You can download the games now, and it looks like they added a tile this morning to the dash:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/474213560629727233/photo/1

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Saladman posted:

So is there still no way to request a loving system update without calling Major Nelson and sending him a hooker? I downloaded Max and Halo and can't install them because of the hexadecimal error.

God what a loving terrible console. Powering on/off the system doesn't bring up a prompt and I can't find anything online that actually says it's possible to force the Bone to check for updates.

Between buying an XBone and buying BF4 for XBone, I've boned myself pretty goddamn loving hard by paying large amounts of money for alpha quality software. At least this current BF4 update might make it playable (??) without terrible netcode problems.

Yeah, they added this an update or two ago. Go to "Settings" -> "System" and on the left at the bottom there should be an option to update (It says "no update available" if you've already installed the June update).

EDIT:

Like this (may not be exactly right):

DOUBLE EDIT:

You can also update directly from the "CHECK OUT THE LATEST UPDATE" tile in the "featured" section of the dash.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 4, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

peter gabriel posted:

Hopefully they can implement wireless one day (and fingers crossed it works with my wireless 360 pad receiver!) - Still brilliant news though, Microsoft have come through big time with this one.

360 and Xbone controllers use completely different wireless technologies. The Xbone uses wifi direct though, so in theory it should be possible if you have something with wifi on it.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Saladman posted:

Does anyone else using HDMI control have the problem where if your TV and stereo tuner are on BEFORE you turn on the Bone, the Bone will shut them off? If I turn on the Bone first it (very slowly) automatically turns everything else on, but if I do it in the opposite order it fucks everything up. The PS3 does this fine, so I know it's not some fundamental issue with HDMI control.

Sounds like it's just sending the power toggle command to those devices via IR. Your options there are limited, if that's a problem just turn off from settings -> "display & sound" -> "Set up TV & A/V control" -> "Device Power Options"

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Saladman posted:

Awesome, that's it. I'd gotten to the setting before that and nicely it registered my stereo tuner and TV just fine, but didn't notice that last option (if it existed back in February anyway... probably it did). So much nicer now. It's pretty weird that "toggle" was the default.

I feel like this screen is new, but I haven't looked at it in a while, and there's a been a lot of updates, so who knows. :)

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Looks like Forza 5 for $39.99 and Forza 5 Car Pack for $33.49 are also part of the "Deals with Gold" (although the pricing on the dash keeps flopping back and forth between full price/discount:

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/474769905288740865

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

How do you guys feel about Dead Rising 3, one of the pillar exclusives of the platform, no longer being exclusive?

Does this worry you guys at all (seeing as the reply to the question post was mostly "I got an Xbox one for its exclusives")?

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo except the other xbone thread.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

peter gabriel posted:

Like this generations consoles they are both good and bad for different reasons, each having their own strengths and weaknesses.

Have Microsoft ever had any plans on a handheld device? They are the only one of The Big Three without one and I think if done right it could really do well, it could be a games system like the Vita and also maybe a touch screen TV guide etc etc.

They're trying to push people to windows phone/cheap windows 8 tablets, but neither have really taken off.

I think the time for this has come and gone though, they might have been able to pull this off earlier in the 360's lifespan, but at this point mobile is so entrenched and they've got enough other platforms that aren't really taking off that I don't see them launching a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, that Cuphead game looks cool. Are all ID@XBOX games exclusive to Xbox? Or will Cuphead end up elsewhere?

Unless they actually say it's an exclusive, I wouldn't assume any ID@XBOX is an exclusive.

• Locked thread