Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Remora
Aug 15, 2010

BRB, laughing myself sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh thank god they finally got rid of that stupid rat. Lets see if he can dig his way out of hell :colbert:

I dunno, why don't you go there and check and NEVER COME BACK

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

animatorZed posted:

I'm just waiting for what possible religious justification they're going to come up with for the past 9 hours.

Zapdos is the Anti Jesus, Helix has punished us for associating with it. Praise Helix, Bird Jesus be thy prophet.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I can't watch, someone get me when it's over. I'll be over here weeping into my cheesesteak.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I can't decide which is better.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So is there any reason why we ditched our Psychic type for a water type that's already weaker than Lapras?

Because memes.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

The Monkey Man posted:

The Guardian covered Twitch Plays Pokemon, and interviewed the creator.

The entire article is here: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/24/twitch-plays-pokemon

I am really excited about that. I hope it's G/S, those were always my favorites.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Tuned in *just* as the battle started, excellent timing. So glad that Helix bit it.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Houle posted:

Sorry,I wasn't quite sure how to describe it. When you open up the Pokedex menu it shows the fold along vertically. Such as the whole list of pokemon are on the left while the options (cry, data, etc) are on the right. When you select a pokemon it shows the binder coils/folds (similar to the designs in the manual that came with the game) going horizontal whereas the picture of the pokemomn and basic information is on the top while the description is on the bottom.

So taking that into account that it is a book/diary looking thing in Gen1 games (hitech device everywhere else) it is a weird book that folds left to right duotang style that has folds upon folds for each pokemon (unless each pokemon was a card then I suppose it could be a very simplified accordion style binder-book thing

Best sort of illustration I could think of.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Pok%C3%A9dex_RBY.png
You seem to think the squares are like the spiral binds of a notebook rather than a graphical conceit. Can I ask where this idea comes from?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Houle posted:

Could be mis-remembering a faux leather strap book. That or I've been watching a steam off and on of 40k people grinding. Since playing the game the thought never occurred to me before, but now I can't unsee it.

That's the manual cover, which is called the Trainer's Guide, in which there is no actual depiction of a Pokedex.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

the second lamest self destruct

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I feel like I just saw the Truman Show go dark.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

aaaaaaaaaaa loving heal you fuckers

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Can't wait for Takedown to kill Zapdos.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

And the down spam hits when we need to press A.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Vorpal Cat posted:

Miss Frizzle

wait what

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Even though Sidney is terrible, I am impressed by Twitch performing a clean sweep.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Brock down at 18h28m.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Jesus, when did we get balls and catch all these fuckers? There's a Magikarp, Onix, and Mankey new from when I peaced out last night.

Edit: We picked the Dome Fossil and chat is losing its loving mind.

Remora fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 14, 2015

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Chat spam is getting really old.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Burned a Starmie to death to finally beat Misty on like run 18.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

We caught a Fearow named "llluuu(::" exact number of Ls and Us up for debate. The parenthesis may also be the other way around.

"Bird Lulucifer" seems to be popular in chat.

edit: they are going nuts trying to get Lulu out of the PC.

Remora fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 15, 2015

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Upside: Continued PC usage may lead to a reset.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

The look that Spearow gives us is the perfect commentary on our performance to date.

Edit: Just realized that according to our team, we're a Hiker.

Remora fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 16, 2015

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

So in order to progress, we have to earn enough money with a severely underlevelled team to buy a pokeball, actually buy the pokeball, use the pokeball to catch a pokemon that can learn cut, retrieve cut (?), learn cut, use cut, and beat a gym leader. And unless I miss my guess, we'll have to recut the tree every time we black out. Did I miss anything?

Edit: Oh, that's much better. Nevermind.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Can't wait to see how many pokedolls we end up with. What're we at now, 7?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

We beat GIovanni's maze in one try. Go Dome.

Now watch us black out without getting the lift key and get stuck again.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Don't worry, we got knocked unconscious and will have to do it all over again. And we lost four grand, too.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Good news, everyone, we broke the ROM.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I just wanna know where we are. Which save did we load?

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Oh poo poo, stream paused. Unpatching the Battle Tent, maybe?

Edit: Yep. Straight up murdered the battle tent guys.

Remora fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 21, 2015

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Something shut the actual PC down and we're waiting for the streamer to wake up and fix it.

Edit: It was a power outage, it's fixed, but we're wandering around the Safari Zone with a full Box. PC trip incoming.

Remora fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 25, 2015

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

We're trapped by the burglar in the Pokemon Mansion again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

They have to fill the pokedex first. They still have a ways to go, I thought.

• Locked thread