Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Ashley's visible surprise at the result of this last week's Food Stars mirrored my own, lol.

MC was also a bit of a shock as far as how strong they were otherwise but yeah, in a replication challenge you really can't alter the recipe like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

When he said he could make both of the rival products- Vietnamese coffee and pasta sauce- I don’t think I would necessarily want them in dehydrated 3D printed format.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But I'm not mad at the winner of the season, although I wish (spoiler if you don't want to read it) Kennedy was able to win, Kennedy seems like just a really good and genuine person, but I guess Fox target audience would flip out too much

Kennedy earned 3rd place, the actual cake component of that dessert was trash and on purely aesthetic grounds, for a dish that was supposed to be a work of art first and taste good second Jennifer’s looked far better imo. I don’t even know what the comment about the target audience is regarding tbh but I don’t think that had anything to do with the selection of this season’s winner

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

That spaetzle dish at the end looked like poo poo

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Weird one. He seemed to take it to heart and then never showed up again?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

A Fancy Hat posted:

Kitchen Nightmares is always a bit too over the top for me, but that was a pretty fun episode. I did get a chuckle when the family talked about being almost a million dollars in debt, then we cut to their enormous house for a sitdown discussion with Gordon.

Me personally, I always keep an Ikea living room set on my lawn in case Gordon Ramsay needs to come by and chat, even though I have a whole outdoor seating area visible just around the corner of my house (probably supplied by the production tbh because it's just so weird, I imagine their built-in thing didn't have the right angles or seating orientation for filming)

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Does the broom fly? No? Well guess what. It's not Quidditch.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

For me, the weirdest elimination would probably be the woman who brought a puppet that one season. Seemed like the behind-the-scenes drama was probably too much to be viable as a contestant

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

She's laughing. She's laughing! Hey missy! I'm not laughing. :mad:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Watching it tonight. I'll keep an ear out for it

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I think the soul of the show is gross food and walk-ins that make everyone vomit. The episodes where it's like "Ramsay came to fix their restaurant... but what he ended up fixing... was their marriage" are my least favorite. The "human interest" element is frankly unnecessary. I want to see him yell at people!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Jason ftw

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Yeah the one guy literally got hosed up so badly by the lovely reward he had to leave the competition. Every single one of the rewards this season has been fail

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Regarding "Love Bites" I'm surprised they aired that one, that is not a match made in heaven and I don't think distance from the restaurant is going to fix how readily abusive that guy is to every single woman in his life

Regarding unhinged owners, anyone else catch the Bar Rescue episode "Music City Mess"?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

koolkal posted:

Mmm, it did seem like all of them said that he used to be really nice and the restaurant just turned him into a real piece of poo poo. Sounds like he would be better off without running a restaurant although the show is a real hammer in search of a nail in that regard so I can't imagine it happening.

Unless the place is haunted I wouldn't blame the restaurant for "turning him into" a piece of poo poo, it just revealed what's immediately beneath the surface

Wow, he turns into an rear end in a top hat the second poo poo hits the fan? That's definitely someone to share the ups and downs of a lifelong relationship with!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

This season of "Kitchen Nightmares" is a waste of time. I'm dreading every episode. Whatever, I'll still keep watching that garbage

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The original UK series was the best one, it was the perfect mix of bad food (and good food!), bad owners and badly conceived/executed ideas for restaurants.

The UK narration of the uncensored US season 1 is probably my fav for drama and bullshit though.

The nominees for worst restaurant are...

Sebastians...
Sebastians...
...and Sebastians!!! :twisted:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Hmm maybe the production should take place over a longer period, and Gordon should stay longer...

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

How does someone from England, the adoptive home of Indian cuisine, not know about the food :psyduck:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Nick Soapdish posted:

Gordon not giving credit for the answer polenta when it was a corn puree was a bit suspect

Wasn't watching too closely but I thought they were corn niblets? He didn't give credit for the answer "ham" when the ingredient was bacon which made sense.

I like this challenge because of how much Ramsay clearly loves doing it and it also reveals who the big smokers are since that has a negative effect on taste

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I was surprised by the elimination, but I think it will give Ryan an easier path to victory

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Leigh was the only one who seemingly understood the assignment for the Instagram challenge. The others' choice of dishes and plating were questionable

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Didn't see this posted yet

https://twitter.com/MercuryFalcon/status/1742627195640500442

Wonder what he did?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Testekill posted:

I do find it weird that the season had 13 contestants, I don't get why they had uneven teams before kicking him out.

Yeah me neither. Masterchef had one or two seasons like that with weird numbers of contestants IIRC, 19 or something. In the Ben Starr blog I believe he mentioned there was an additional contestant (can't recall if in his season) that was edited out because they began a relationship with someone on the production end of things. But the JR business seems skeevy in a way that that doesn't.

The thing with both those eliminations is they were both strong enough to win, but this makes it an easier pathway for the winner because Jonathan and Carmen I certainly don't think will win.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Sierra Nevadan posted:

Does Ryan have herpes on his face or something?

Turn on your TV

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

shazbot posted:

I was feeling this too. It must have been some reason he had to leave the show.

I liked the bearded guy til he had a temper tantrum over a mild Ramsay burn.

JUST BRING THE drat FISH seemed a bit... emotional... dunno if we can have him leading a brigade...

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But enough about Fox... :dadjoke:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Congratulations Ryan, the winner of Hells Kitchen America Dream!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnthFNuNl9g

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Mordiceius posted:

Ryan was loving lame. He was just as lovely and toxic as Jason was, but just hid it better.

You already made this post!

Mordiceius posted:

Ryan loving sucks.

He’s just as toxic as Jason was. He just hides it better.

I think we were spoiled for choice this season as far as who would have been a good winner (Dahmere, Leigh, Donya) but as far as the "American Dream" is concerned- well, it makes sense that it should go to someone not actually from America- that's kind of the whole point of the American Dream as a concept is that anyone from anywhere can make it with the right combination of ability, gumption, luck, what have you. Fox has always been strong on the intentionality of the messaging of these cooking shows, as bizarre as that sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Next Level Chef is just bad TV. You know the platform is coming, stop throwing your plates on there at the last second! :mad: Never mind the movement of the platform is a needless thing in itself. Also don't like when the judges are bitchy for no reason. Whatever, I'll keep watching that garbage