Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

http://www.slice.ca/big-brother-canada/

Following on a the heels of a successful season 1, Big Brother Canada returns for season 2 in a brand new house March 5th. :canada:

Previously on Big Brother Canada: Semi-decent cast battled it out, as Canadians got their first shot at the game. As the season played out, the BBUS and BBUK DNA could be seen infused in the new show, using the structure of BBUS, with some of the penalties, challenges and viewer interaction of BBUK thrown into the mix. Controversy hit early, as one house guest used the "H" slur. Yes, showing how different BBCanada 1 and BBUS 15 were when it came to racial epitaphs, a usage of "hick" proved one of the bigger controversial moments early on. Big Brother US also got some face time during the season, as Dan Gheesling visited the houseguests and gave them some game guidance as they moved into the final weeks of the season.

One evicted player got put back in really late into the game and made it to the final two. The jury went to cast their votes for a winner, and a juror mistakenly voted for the wrong person, giving that person enough votes to win. It was a decent start to the show, with some new twists thrown in to keep it fresh. Biggest problems were some poorly thought out twists and a bad handle of competition management by the producers. As several times Houseguests got penalized after the competition for cheating. The small scale challenges also looked like low rent Big Brother US competitions most times.

In all, the Canadian cast got a lot of surprising love from U.S. Big Brother players, resulting in several meets ups and joint appearances as the sibling-like relationship between the two shows bore fruit immediately.

Season 2: Arisa Cox returns as host and we get a new house. Due to a change in ownership of the original filming studio, Slice had to move to a new location and build a brand new house. Like last season, the houseguests will all share one bedroom. Competitions will also be performed inside in the "outdoor" area. Like the BBUS house, there will be a HOH room, hot tub, pool and a Have Not room. The hot tub is the only area truly outside, being located in a small closed off area.

The twist this year is three "Secret Houseguests" who will be in the house in the "War Room", a separate room attached to the house. Their presence will be unknown to the rest of the Houseguests. They entered the house after the Houseguests had already been in for a week. While in the house for their first week, Canada will vote to send one into the house officially in Week 2. During their time in the War Room, the Secret Houseguests will be provided live feed footage of the house, but will not have any audio.

Big Brother Canada, airs three nights a week on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at 9pm ET/PT.
The Big Brother Canada Side Show airs Thursdays at 10pm ET/PT - This show features Gary and Peter from season 1, joined by Arisa.
Big Brother After Dark airs seven days a week from 2am-5am ET/11pm-2am PT.

Last season, Slice restricted viewing of the show to Canadian residents, however alternate means were eventually distributed by fans so that everyone could watch the live feeds and episodes as they aired. We'll post these in the thread once the season starts.

Season 2 Houseguests: http://www.slice.ca/big-brother-canada/photos/season-two-houseguests/

Adel Elseri – 27 – Welder, Inventor – Edmonton, AB
Andrew Gordon – 27 – Restaurant Manager – Calgary, AB
Anick Gervais – 28 – Reiki Master – Hanmer, ON
Arlie Shaban – 25 – Unemployed – Claremont, ON
Heather Decksheimer – 23 – Model Agency Coordinator – Barrhead, AB
Ika Wong – 29 – Hair Stylist – Thornhill, ON
Jon Pardy – 23 – Student – Clarenville, NL
Kenny Brain – 25 – Model – Grand-Falls Windsor, NL
Kyle Shore – 24 – Lady Killer – Porter’s Lake, NS
Neda Kalantar – 22 – Fashion Stylist – Vancouver, BC
Paul Jackson – 43 – Motivational Speaker – Toronto, ON
Rachelle Diamond – 20 – Student – Edmonton, AB
Sabrina Abbate – 25 – Hair Dresser – Montreal, QC
Sarah Miller – 32 – Mortgage Broker – Osgoode, ON

Season 2 Secret Houseguests:

Nate Sandri - 23 - Custom Sheet Metal Fabricator - Burnaby, BC
Allison White - 25 - Registered Nurse - Lewisporte, NL
Scott Bosse - 36 - Medical Secretary, Event Planner, Drag Performer - Saint John, NB

How to watch the feeds/episodes:

If you have Firefox or Chrome, you can use the Hola Unblocker add on to utilize a Canadian VPN. Once done, you can view the live feeds here whenever they are up and episodes the day after they air.

Teek fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reserved for news and updates.

Player History

• Adel - Won Veto player replacement ticket, Voted out Week 9 (2-0)
  • Allison - Voted out Week 8 (4-0)
  • Andrew - Voted out Week 5 (7-2)
  • Anick - Voted out Week 1 (11-0)
  • Arlie - Voted out Week 7 (5-0)
  • Heather - Won $1,000, Punishment Walk It Off, Voted out Week 10 (1-0)
  • Ika - Punishment 48 Hour Bikini, Won $5,000, Voted out Week 4 (8-1)
  • Jon - Punishment Pool Party for One, Baby clothes; 200,000 Wyndham Rewards Points; Wins Big Brother Canada Season 2 (6-1)
  • Kenny - Won $18.35, History Channel Prize Pack and Golden Nugget, Voted out Week 7 (5-1)
  • Kyle - Voted out Week 2 (9-1)
  • Nate - Voted out by Canada in Week 2
  • Neda - Won $3,000, Voted out Week 10 (1-0)
  • Paul - Voted out Week 3 (6-4)
  • Rachelle - Punishment Hot Dog Costume, Voted out Week 8 (3-0)
  • Sabrina
  • Sarah - Won Slop Pass, Voted out Week 6 (4-3)
  • Scott - Voted out by Canada in Week 2

Week 1:

HOH: Paul
Nominations: Andrew & Anick
Veto Winner: Andrew (Used on self)
Final Nominees: Anick VS Ika
Eliminated Player: Anick (11-0)

Week 2:

Twist: Secret Houseguests enter the War Room
HOH: Andrew
Have Nots: Heather, Neda, Rachelle, Sarah (potatoes)
Nominations: Neda & Paul
Veto Winner: Kenny (Used on Neda)
Final Nominees: Kyle VS Paul
Eliminated Player: Kyle (9-1)

Week 3:

HOH: Ika
Twist: Allison wins audience vote, enters game. Nate and Scott evicted.
Have Nots: Allison, Jon, Paul
Nominations: Heather & Paul
Veto Winner: Ika (Not used)
Final Nominees: Heather VS Paul
Canada Comp: Gets most buzz online - Adel (Winner - Veto ticket)
Eliminated Player: Paul (6-4)

Week 4:

HOH: Rachelle
Have Nots: Adel, Arlie, Heather, Sabrina
Nominations: Allison & Heather
Veto Winner: Jon (Pool Party for One [Swim a lap when air-horned]; Rachelle (Hot Dog Costume); Allison (Veto - Used on self, replaced with Ika); Heather (Walk It Off [Work-out outfit and walk 10,000 steps every day for a week]); Kenny ($18.35); Sarah (Won - Slop Pass)
Marsha Challenge: Arlie - Tell each Houseguest a hard truth about themselves = Won: BBC Season 1 HG Talla visits with Chinese Take Out
Final Nominees: Heather VS Ika
Challenge: Count the number of balls (Winner: Ika - $5,000 or Letters from home for house. Took $5,000.)
Eliminated Player: Ika (8-1)

Week 5:

HOH: Canada
Have Nots: Adel and Jon
Nominations: Andrew & Sabrina
Veto Winner: Jon (Not used)
Final Nominees: Andrew VS Sabrina
Eliminated Player: Andrew (7-2)

Week 6:

HOH: Heather
Have Nots: Kenny, Rachelle, Sarah
Nominations: Allison & Kenny
Veto Winner: Kenny (Used on self)
Twist: Allison finds secret hidden veto using clues
Final Nominees: Kenny & Sarah
Eliminated Player: Sarah (4-3)

Week 7 [Double Eviction]:

HOH: Neda
Nominations: Rachelle & Sabrina
Veto Winner: Arlie (Used on Rachelle)
Final Nominees: Kenny VS Sabrina
Eliminated Player: Kenny (5-1)

Week 7 [Jury Starts]:

HOH: Jon
Have Nots: Arlie, Heather, Neda, Rachelle
Nominations: Rachelle and Sabrina
Veto Winner: Jon (Used on Rachelle, replaced with Arlie), Allison (Used on Sabrina)
Final Nominees: Adel VS Arlie
Eliminated Player: Arlie (5-0)

Week 8 [Instant Eviction]:

HOH: Neda
Nominations: Allison VS Sabrina
Eliminated Player: Allison (4-0)

Week 8:

HOH: Adel
Nominations: Rachelle and Sabrina
Veto Winner: Neda [Also wins Strategy Session with Emmett and Jillian] (Not used)
Challenge: Gather the most Easter Eggs Challenge (Winner: Jon - 5 Foods from outside world of his choice. Loser: Neda - Have Not)
Have Not: Neda (Slop and Easter Eggs)
Eliminated Player: Rachelle (3-0)

Week 9:

HOH: Jon
Challenge: Take care of your baby (Winner: Adel treats other HGs minus loser to baby shower food. Loser: Jon - Must wear diaper and baby clothes)
Nominations: Heather & Sabrina
Veto Winner: Heather (Used on self), Neda (Collected $3,000 fastest)
Final Nominees: Adel VS Sabrina
Eliminated Player: Adel (2-0)

Week 10:

HOH: Sabrina
Nominations: Heather & Jon
Veto Winner: Jon (Used on self)
Final Nominees: Heather VS Neda
Eliminated Player: Heather (1-0)

Week 10 Final HOH:

HOH Competition Part #1: Jon
HOH Competition Part #2: Neda
HOH Competition Part #3: Jon
Final Nominees: Neda VS Sabrina
Eliminated Player: Neda
Final Houseguests: Jon VS Sabrina

Canada: Jon
Allison: Jon
Rachelle: Sabrina
Heather: Jon
Neda: Jon
Arlie: Jon
Adel Jon

Big Brother Canada Season 2 Winner: Jon (6-1)

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 9, 2014

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
They all look too pretty.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Please no Shield-like doofs. But I look forward to a funny moose and learning more of what words are offensive in Canada.

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
I'm disappointed that Peter Brown is on the side show. I usually like the supplementary shows for the BB international versions, but I can't stand him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well that's something I certainly won't be watching. Maybe he'll go on long rants about how everyone in this season is beneath him and he'd be running things if he was playing.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The hate for Peter is bizarre, he was the most entertaining houseguest in season one by a wide margin. Also a fantastic RHAP guest.

Bummed to hear Arissa Cox is back. She was pretty rough last year and probably should have been replaced. Still excited to watch though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Peter was a smug rear end who acted like he was running the game when he did next to nothing, screwed up his own game, and then whined about how unworthy everyone left was to beat him and how there were only a handful of BB players in history who compared to him.

Also when they were all given terrible tasks to do for the good of the house his was to eat a salad. And he acted like it was the worst thing to happen to anyone in history.

Also he white knighted the poo poo out of Aaryn the racist bitch.

Oh, I forgot that he was the biggest sore loser in history and organized an unbelievably petty "anyone but Jillian" jury house campaign that included "we didn't want Emmit to win because Jillian would want that, even though he's a great guy and a great player".

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Feb 27, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Also when they were all given terrible tasks to do for the good of the house his was to eat a salad. And he acted like it was the worst thing to happen to anyone in history.

To this, big time yeah. It was really sad honestly. He appears to have some sort of psychological roadblock to eating anything but chicken nuggets and French fries.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Is it wrong that I think they have already fallen into the US trap of casting pretty people.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I'm convinced we're polar opposites in every way regarding Survivor and Big Brother STAC. I can't think of a single thing you've ever posted I've agreed with. You're a perfect antagonist to make me think about these shows in greater detail.

Different opinions are good!

Teek posted:

To this, big time yeah. It was really sad honestly. He appears to have some sort of psychological roadblock to eating anything but chicken nuggets and French fries.

I found this rather endearing and one of the more screwed up tasks given. The guy obviously has a severe eating disorder and struggled to overcome it for his love of the game and his fellow housemates. Just because it's an eating disorder that manifests in ways most viewers aren't familiar with doesn't make it any less legitimate.

Peter is pretty much the eating disorder equivalent of a functioning alcoholic. By stripping his diet down to a couple things he avoids actually dealing with the eating disorder and hides it from everyone around him. ("Oh he's just picky") Forcing him to confront that on national television with the threat of a house punishment hanging over his head is colossally hosed up.

I hope he got some help after the show. Eating disorders suck.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

BGrifter posted:

I found this rather endearing and one of the more screwed up tasks given. The guy obviously has a severe eating disorder and struggled to overcome it for his love of the game and his fellow housemates. Just because it's an eating disorder that manifests in ways most viewers aren't familiar with doesn't make it any less legitimate.

Peter is pretty much the eating disorder equivalent of a functioning alcoholic. By stripping his diet down to a couple things he avoids actually dealing with the eating disorder and hides it from everyone around him. ("Oh he's just picky") Forcing him to confront that on national television with the threat of a house punishment hanging over his head is colossally hosed up.

I hope he got some help after the show. Eating disorders suck.

Yeah, my friend that I was watching BBCan with told me during that scene that Anderson Cooper has a similar eating disorder, which legitimized it a bit in my mind, haha. :(

Also, the OP seems to be missing any mention of the mystery 15th houseguest... not that there's much to say about it yet, but still.

vvv Fair enough! I'm hoping it is Andrew's twin, that seems to be the most common guess.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 27, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I'll post once they're announced. It's still unclear if it'll be something like Andrew from season 1's twin brother, house pet, the moose returning, etc..

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BGrifter posted:

I'm convinced we're polar opposites in every way regarding Survivor and Big Brother STAC. I can't think of a single thing you've ever posted I've agreed with. You're a perfect antagonist to make me think about these shows in greater detail.

Different opinions are good!

Well this is the first thing we 100% agree on. I'm right there with you. We seem to just like and hate the exact opposite things in every way when it comes to these shows. But I'm totally cool with you, man. It would suck to be in an echo chamber where we all had the exact same opinions. You've opened my eyes or changed my opinion on a few things.

And honestly, I don't mean to be an rear end in a top hat about Peter's food thing. You're right, it might very well be a psychological thing and I don't mean to make fun or lessen that if it is. It's just the absurdity of it especially in that context. I'm sure if he was just a more likable guy in general I wouldn't have found it so annoying but since he was so smug and judgmental about people and their behavior that when he does something that seems that absurd it just really annoyed me. But I too hope that if its a real thing he gets help because that's sad and presumably super unhealthy.

He's still one of my least favorite BB houseguests of all time though.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

But I too hope that if its a real thing he gets help because that's sad and presumably super unhealthy.

Speaking of Peter being unhealthy, he apparently has pneumonia at the moment, and Alec made a get well soon video for him with help from some other familiar faces...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

STAC Goat posted:

It would suck to be in an echo chamber where we all had the exact same opinions.

He's still one of my least favorite BB houseguests of all time though.

Absolutely. I like that you shake things up like with the Cochran love train in the Survivor thread. I'm still a big fan, but your posting made me stop and really consider why. It's good to have someone to butt heads with on shows like this.

I can totally see why Peter would rub some people the wrong way. I see him as another in the vein of Cesternino, Cochran, Ian Terry, players like that with limited social skills but a tremendous passion for the game. I suspect a second Peter appearance would be a lot closer to Cochran 2.0.

Peter's big flaw in season one was a total failure to account for players not actively playing the game and lacking the personal charisma to sway ones unwilling to listen to logical gameplay arguments. I totally admit he did not handle losing gracefully. I can however understand his frustration with players like Talia who were barely coherent enough to dress themselves and cross the street with adult supervision never mind understand what was going on. As a viewer I hate it when the recruits screw things up for players with their head in the game. Managing those sorts of players is just part of the game though and one Peter didn't plan for.

He falls into that category of flawed players with potential that could be really good with one or two more tools in his kit. I'd love to see him play again. Either he flames out and proves himself a poor Big Brother player or we get a Cochran 2.0 run where he puts together a hell of an entertaining win.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The problem is I don't think it was Talia and people who weren't playing at all which hurt Peter the most. Sure, I agree that his inability to play those people was a big problem. But bigger than that I think he was arrogant and saw his game as better than everyone else's, which made him underestimate his entire competition field and set up the problems he faced. And his petty dislike of Jillian seems a good example of it since he's so adamant that winning comps means nothing and she played a bad game. Look, I get it. Peter plays the Dr. Will/Dan game that you don't win unless you have to and you get others to do your dirty work. And that game plan is fine if it works. It worked for Andy in BBUS last season. But Jillian won a lot and used her wins to broker deals and improve her position. That's a valid game play and it works too. But Peter didn't seem willing or able to see that. He thought he and Alex had it all in the bag because their game was inherently superior and I think that's what killed him.

And yeah, maybe you're right. This is a good example of me taking something from you because I could see how Peter playing a second time could be interesting to see if he learned anything and could round out his game. Unfortunately I just don't want to WATCH him do it. You know what I mean?

And for what its worth I don't think I'd ever say Rob Cesternino had limited social skills. In fact I thought he played a pretty masterful social game through the first half of the game. The problem is when he developed that clique of cool kids, pissed everyone else off, and then betrayed the clique. I guess maybe you could say that was a case of the nerd being sucked into the allure of the cool kids/hot girls club but really I just think he overplayed his strategic game and burned his social game in the process. Which is a shame because he was obviously masterful with the strategic side and solid socially. He's a guy I really would have wanted to see get a fair second chance (not the brief All Stars one) to see if he could learn to not be quite as devious. Unfortunately he was such a devious and smart player in the Amazon that Boston Rob and the All Stars didn't want to take their chances.

And, you know, while I credit Cochran for improving his social game to keep himself plugged in and safe I just can never get behind the journey of that win because I think so much of it was the Favorites dominating the first stage of the game, Phil stifling play in the second, and then him just keeping his head low while the big guns picked each other off. Which deserves some credit for sure, but just wasn't as much fun or impressive for my personal watching tastes.

But you know, that's Survivor and this is Big Brother Canada so sorry for the digression.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 28, 2014

Capt. Supermarket
Sep 30, 2007
I agree with what STAC Goat's been saying about Peter for the most part. My personal take is that he fits in with a relatively new type of self-aggrandizing Big Brother/Survivor player who anoint themselves as one of the best players of all time the moment they step in the house/island. The problem with them most of the time is that the assessment of their own games don't match what is actually happening outside of the DR/confessionals. Peter especially seemed to be talking about a completely different game compared to what his actual position in the house was. When Alec was gone, he had absolutely no traction in the game to make a move or save himself because he really had done nothing up until that point. I remember reading live feed updates constantly about how Peter would sit there silent for hours while others socialized and actually talked to each other; complaining that others weren't playing the game and saying that's the reason he lost was ridiculous. Say what you want about Talla, but Andrew was able to at least form some sort of dysfunctional alliance with her. Add in the hypocrisy of his post-game interviews and the fact that he was a hyper-judgmental, snarky dickhead, and I also consider him one of my least favorite BB players of all time.

And since my favorite Survivor player of all time was brought up, I can't help but give my opinion about his game (and I think it's really insulting to Cesternino to compare Peter Brown to him in any way). As STAC Goat said, there was nothing wrong with Rob's social game and I would argue that it was actually pretty fantastic. He used his sense of humor to get in the good graces of pretty much everyone throughout the game, and I'm sure it was pretty disarming at times and worked to his advantage. Being devious wasn't what hurt him, it was a few fluke immunity wins by Jenna that did him in considering she was sick and wanted to quit as they approached the endgame. Rob was in with the majority alliance of the "cool kids" that would have taken him to the final 4. What made Rob special was that he fostered an alternative alliance after the merge that allowed him to flip the game when he needed to. He spent time with Matt, and in turn kept Butch under control, all under the guise of "look how I'm pretending to be in an alliance with Matt, isn't this hilarious" to Jenna, Heidi, and Alex. Add Christy to the mix, and Rob had a 3rd player who would vote to flip the game when he needed them to. He even had the flexibility to cut Christy loose when she hinted that he would be a wildcard at the final 6. If Jenna doesn't win immunity at F4 or F3 then Rob wins.

One distinction I want to make is that Rob articulated his game through his confessionals without going on and on about how great a player he is or how great his strategic game was. I think the truly great players let their games speak for themselves and their reputation is built on that. Will Kirby was great at articulating his strategy and plans in the DR, but very little (if any) involved him pushing how great of a player he was on the viewer. His amazing game spoke for him. Same goes with Dan. Then there are players like Matt Hoffman, Russell Hantz, and Peter Brown whose reputations seem to be built on what they tell the viewers to think of them despite having a limited grasp on how their game is actually playing out. Players like that bother me a lot.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I don't have the time for a proper reply right now just I will toss out that the Rob Cesternino comparison came from a fellow by the name of Rob Cesternino. Of course he can be a little generous at times.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think a Rob is just generally too generous and goes a bit too far out of his way to defend players. I also think he's got a soft spot for the "socially awkward nerd" because he sees (or saw) himself as one. But really, his Amazon game or even his show never seem to show that socially awkward nerd he sees himself as. And even if he is/was a socially awkward nerd that's where the similarities begin and end with a lot of these guys like Peter Brown and their games.

Agreed, Capt, it comes down to "If you're that good then you don't have to tell everyone, they just know." The great players don't have to scream it from the roofs because we know it from watching them. The people screaming about how good they are and trying to prop themselves up? Usually that's a lot of hot air. And when they walk in the door doing it? You better be drat impressive because you're writing a check your rear end is going to have a hard time cashing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 28, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Capt. Supermarket posted:

Will Kirby was great at articulating his strategy and plans in the DR, but very little (if any) involved him pushing how great of a player he was on the viewer.

Having rewatched Seasons 2-7 very recently, I feel like in S2, this was a lot of what he was doing. I think luck played a bigger part in his win than his actual gameplay did, and it just happened to match up with the picture that he was painting of himself.

S7, though, Chilltown really did deserve to be smug, they played a hell of a game.

I was wondering why I remembered him as being such a good player while I was watching season 2, but it's definitely because I was remembering S7 Will.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 28, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

They taped the premiere this evening as they just entered the house. No reveal of any twists or extra HGs.

Allanb
Sep 1, 2001

A goon-owned brand of premium electronic cigarettes.
Is it known what city the new house is located in?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Allanb posted:

Is it known what city the new house is located in?

Somewhere in Toronto.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

thexerox123 posted:

I was wondering why I remembered him as being such a good player while I was watching season 2, but it's definitely because I was remembering S7 Will.

I haven't watched S2 in years but my memory says he played a really terrible game through the first part, as all of Chilltown did. But once Shannon and Boogie were gone he really did a pretty masterful job of ducking out trouble and manipulating people. It was definitely less "puppet master" and more "rat evading capture" but it was pretty good. And sure, he got lucky at times but find me a winner who didn't. What separates the good players from the bad players are how they take advantage of the good luck and recover from the bad.

But S7 is definitely what makes the legend of him, I think. Being able to control the game from start to near finish despite having the biggest target on his back? But even there you could assign luck. Kaysar's confounding decision to give Chilltown a pass and James' weird obsession with Chicken George opened the door to everything. Really just the bizarre gameplay of S6 in general. But Chilltown made the most of it, played them well, and managed to set up plays for themselves down the line. That's what good players do.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

They cast another andrew gordon?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

First episode and feeds start tonight:

http://bigbrothercanada.slice.ca/live

Was able to load the page with Hola Unblocker.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Teek posted:

First episode and feeds start tonight:

http://bigbrothercanada.slice.ca/live

Was able to load the page with Hola Unblocker.

Very excited. One of the very few times geoblocking isn't an issue for us Canadians. Hopefully the show is as good as last year.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Episode live streams here:

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/pages/bbcanada/bbcanadajtv.html

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's starting.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Here we gooooooooo!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
CANADA ARE YOU READY TO GET KNOCKED OOT!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I already hate Arlie's stupid face.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
House is pretty hideous.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It seems really thin and long.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Welp we have our cast lunatic.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Despite Jon being younger than me, he reminds me of the older brother of every friend I ever had growing up.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Stream went sideways and the backup was a good 5+ minutes behind so I think I'll just watch it later.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I went to high school with Heather, this is gonna be kinda strange watching this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's back up, and the person controlling it is rewinding to catch what was missed during the commercial.

• Locked thread