Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beetlejuice v.o
Jul 12, 2008

now that supermechagodzilla is here lets watch a movie together, write our ideas about it, and then share them with eachother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beetlejuice v.o
Jul 12, 2008

no they will not posted:

That movie was good.

Beetlejuice v.o
Jul 12, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

The only anime we got over here when I was a kid was the moomin one which is really good and that one where people with superpowers play soccer. I didn't even know dragonball existed until fairly recently.

I have occasionally posted badly in FYAD lite forums and decided to man up and post badly in an actual FYAD.

bye fag

Beetlejuice v.o
Jul 12, 2008

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I actually do support Tumblr, as a sort of accelerationist stance - for taking the politics of tolerance to their logical, ridiculous, extreme. Tumblr is the truth of multiculturalism.

However, unlike the hypothetical Star Wars fan who dresses as a Space-Nazi and actually supports Space-Nazism, Tumblr otherkins claim they are Sonic Hedgehog while otherwise behaving as your everyday idiot. A true hedgehog otherkin would obviously choose to eat grubs, poo poo on the floor, and initiate a terror campaign against those perceived as Eggmen. Of course, this never happens.

The paradox of otherkin, the reason they do not behave as animals, is that they are humans who aspire to become human. An otherkin says "I might look like just a mundane human being but, deep down inside, I'm a human being - and deserve to be treated as one!"

The whole phenomenon reflects a failure of liberalism. Though nominally granted human rights and freedoms, the world is rife with inequality. Otherkin, seeing animals and cartoon characters being treated as more human than human, adopt animal spirits as a way to reclaim the human dignity of which they've been deprived. Kill a dog in a horror movie, and you've crossed a line. Be a dog, and you might be granted that sympathy.

This is also why Tumblr appropriates and abuses the language of emancipatory struggle. All those minorities are getting 'empowered', and Tumblr wants in on that action. So, in a deeply racist way, they conflate feminism and antiracism with animal rights.

Niggerstomper58 is actually a good example of the same thing. Although seemingly the antithesis of a 'social justice warrior', niggerstomper58 shared their spirituality - channeling irony the way Tumblr channels 'past lives', 'animal spirits', and minority status. In other words, he was a 14 year old kid with brain problems desperately trying to become normal.

It's only when he lived up to his name, and acted on his weird thoughts, that his illness was identified and treated.

ahuj9

Beetlejuice v.o
Jul 12, 2008

im gay

• Locked thread