Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

everyone is fabulous always
Greetings SMG. and salutations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

it starts with a football av so you're on the right track

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

i'm shakeing

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

i would trade all of these muscles, every goddamn one, just to be able to clearly see the insidious neo-fascistic subtext of Disney's Frozen

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

That's a good opinion bitch rear end idiot fuckr now let me tell you how wrong you are *cracks knuckles and starts clacking out savage truth bombs on mechanical keyboard*

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

lol

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Audiences are actually quite intelligent. Anyone watching Transformers understands the conflict is between the united states and despotic terrorists, that the film is a cartoonish exaggeration and so-on. Anyone watching Star Wars understands the basic New Age message voiced by the Jedi characters, to find holistic(!) balance in your life, let go of your attachments and whatever. The characters say it out loud. On top of that, audiences' feelings are quite genuine and accurate. Megatron in Transformers really is a killer and torturer up until the end of the last film, and should be opposed. Audiences' thrill at his defeat shows a genuine desire to see wrath dispensed against the unjust. They may be misguided, but I have no beef with them. These are good people.

The bad audiences are those who are the same as the above, but claim that. "my thoughts and feelings mean nothing." Star Wars fans will go to great lengths to dress as Literal Stormtroopers and say it doesn't mean anything. It's totally loathsome.

Imagine a Star Wars fan who dresses as a Stormtrooper out of a genuine support of fascism. That's an idiot I can respect. But, of course, such people are exceedingly rare. What I'm really against is cynicism.

But anyways, you create a weird dichotomy between democratic consensus and solipsism, like Stalin:

"In The History of the VKP, Stalin (who ghost-wrote the book) describes the outcome of the voting at a party congress in the late 1920s: "With a large majority, the delegates unanimously approved the resolution proposed by the Central Committee." If the vote was unanimous, where then did the minority disappear? Far from demonstrating some perverse totalitarian twist, this anecdote lays bare the nature of democracy. It is based on a short-circuit between majority and the totality: the majority accounts for everyone and the winner takes all, even if his majority is merely a couple of hundred votes among millions."

Since I am not really concerned with majority consensus, the protest that I am against majority consensus is really eh.

As for the claim that I resort to "it's just my opinion" shenanigans: that's a thing that I don't do. But it is interesting that you are worried about my freedom/impotence. If I am infinitely impotent, what threat do I pose? This is unmistakably the same logic as the Cat Comic posted earlier. I am a 'lazy piece of poo poo' who accomplishes nothing, and yet I continually vex you. To you, I am an Other who amasses all enjoyment. I am not the reason you are unhappy.

But anyway, back to the point: I would be impressed if you actually were a Nazi who wholeheartedly agreed with Triumph Of The Will, because being a Nazi in this day and age takes gumption. Saying 'Hitler' ironically is facile.

[Maybe FYaD will accept me if I roll with the punches.] haha you guys got me. I am totally rich as gently caress and also a homeless student. I'm a real, uh, pragmatist jungian... ideology with [consulting a wiki] vascular dementia.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

lol

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

I Before E posted:

this thread did not live up to the premise "fyad goofs on smg"

disappointing

trying to haha

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

Hey guys, get a load of this loser. Thinks it's cool to just waste his life on the internet posting cool and funny things Wat a maroon. :rolleyes: *gets fairly loving excited there's a new post in the fourty page thread about a childrens' movie*

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

i would like to know SMg's take on hp lovecraft and his opinons on niggers

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

mick foley forever posted:

why the gently caress would you want this

wb

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

DNS posted:

I want one to please.

get hosed human being

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

I Before E posted:

I don't even like Macklemore, which makes the death of dogtar even sadder.

RIP.

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

Swimp posted:

lol indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghost bones
Apr 27, 2013

• Locked thread