Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
RIP GOM you were cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

ephex posted:

this would be the thing to donate to imo

http://nisoa.com/nisoa-foundation-fund/

This is the charity, I don't know if people want to make a big group donation or what but it's there for anybody

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Taff posted:

Is that Pissflaps search tool for PWM still active? Can someone find his jam recipie? I had it bookmarked for ages as I kept trying to find jars like his and I'd like to make it.

Sent in my donation, took me a few attempts as Paypal kept saying it was having an issue so let me know if it doesnt show Suqit. Please dont put me down as English on the list

GOM posted:

As luck would have it, I made some more of the Raspberry Ginger Lime jam yesterday and will share with you the recipe/method.

First, you will need jars. For this recipe, get half pint Elite Ball jars, which you can get at Target for around $5 for 4 jars.

Then get 2 pounds of raspberries. Mash the raspberries in a bowl, mix in 1/2 cup of sugar. Cover and refrigerate for one day.

You need to sterilize the jars; take the lids and rings off and boil them as shown here:

Put the raspberries into a cooking pot and bring to a boil over a low heat, while stirring. Here is what it looks like when you start:

As it comes to a boil, the color begins to change:

In the background you see that I've started to warm the lids.

You need to do this so that the rubber will be malleable and make a good seal.

Remove the jars from the boiling water and prepare to put the cooked jam into the jars; here you can see that I've put my funnel into one of the jars:

When the raspberries start to thicken, add 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger and a tablespoon of lime juice. Adjust with more sugar or lime juice according to taste; yesterday I added another 1/2 cup of sugar and that was all that was required.

Here is what it looks like just before transfer to the jars:

You can see that it is much darker than when we began.

So, fill the jars!

Now you will need to process the jars. This finishes the jam and will create an airtight seal, preserving the jam.

Boil the filled jars for 10 minutes. Remove from the water and let cool.

As the jars cool, you will hear the lids "ping." This indicates you have a good seal; you can also check when the jars are fully cooled by pressing the center of the lid. If there is any give in the lid, you didn't get a good seal, so open and use immediately. Otherwise, the jam should be good for use up to 24 months later.

However, this stuff is so good you will never make it that long without opening all you made.

Edit:

This is the finished product:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I had it saved because I fancied making some. It looks tasty.

Also have you got me down as Wales :lol:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Taff posted:

Thanks Ibrox. Ive gone to buy the jam jars a few times but couldnt even find them in Lakeland.

Will make some next week and just stick it in a normal jar

TK Maxx normally have some jars in their homeware bit if you've got one nearby.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Do the sponsored refs send us a letter every 6 months?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The idea of an up and coming young ref applying for the grumpy old man scholarship is brilliant.