Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Hey buddy, what's up? Got a moment? Got a pint handy? Good, cause we gotta talk.

About a lot of things, sure. But there's something particular on my mind... that bar.

Y'know, that old dive down by the train tracks. The one that you used to hang out at all the time in college and then forgot all about until you heard from your sister's boyfriend's cousin that the old man that started it all had gone belly up and his daughter put it up for sale. Yeah, sure, your wife wasn't too thrilled about pooling the honeymoon and college education funds into buying the place, but we're past that bridge already. I'm here to talk about now, though, and right now your place isn't doing too good.

What's wrong, you ask? Dare I say... everything? The floor might as well be one big anthill, the floozies that answered your craigslist ads couldn't put whiskey and ice in a glass to save their lives, much less make a cocktail, and the only thing more watered down than your drinks are your profits.

You, my friend, could use....

Wait, let me try that again.

Sundays on Spike @ 9 EST/8 CST

Welcome to the Bar Rescue season 4 thread. Hope you pulled up a good seat and a tall glass, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Each episode, accomplished bar consultant Jon Taffer steps into a watering hole that has seen better days, and far more customers. Using his combination of business acumen, "bar science" from decades of working in the industry, and insight on customer interactions, Taffer seeks to bring bars guzzling on debt back into the black. By the way, when I say the guy is a serious nutcase on behavioral psychology, I'm not kidding. Watch this interview he gave with Google if you doubt me (Warning for newbies: slight spoilers in said interview).

If you've watched other business rescue-type shows before, you should feel right at home here. Think of this as Kitchen Nightmares, but with more hard liquor and a splash of The Profit's analytics.

I'm a new barfly, where should I begin??

If you have yet to take a sip of the show, check out these premium selections, recommended by former patrons of the thread and yours truly.

Canyon Inn (S1E9) - The quintessential episode of an owner's ego getting in the way of the restoration process.

Piratz Tavern (S2E1) - Make this either the first or last episode you see. It's 45 minutes of balls-to-the-walls crazy that will never (hopefully) be replicated.

Headhunters (S3E3) - Do you like terrible shock metal? Do you frequently follow up your whiskey with a cockroach chaser? Then you'll enjoy this hellhole, run by the biggest douchebag scumlord ever to grace the show.

Zanzbar (S3E5) - Come for the foreign owner that goes ballistic at the drop of a bottle, stay for the fatal folly that is calling Taffer's chef "fat boy".

Gipsy (S3E12) - Historically significant bar (first gay nightclub in Las Vegas) + belligerent owner = fun times.

Cashmere (S3E16) - A great episode but with a tough call on what's worse: the manchild of a manager running it or the shady poo poo taking place behind the bar. Also a historically significant episode that brings into existence this thread's namesake!

Long Shots (S3E28) - One of the greatest openings to an episode ever. If nothing else, watch it for the mental olympics Taffer pulls.

SEASON 4 EPISODE LIST

TBA

iastudent fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Season premiere this Sunday!

Hostile Takeover

When the unruly bar owner at O'Banion's becomes out of control the other partners perform a hostile takeover to restore order. Will they pull it off?

iastudent fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 8, 2014

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

iastudent posted:

Season premiere this Sunday!

Hostile Takeover

When the unruly bar owner at O'Banion's becomes out of control the other partners perform a hostile takeover to restore order. Will they pull it off?

Pretty much every episode happens because the owner sucks, but when everyone at the bar knows it's the owner's fault the episode is usually top tier. Can't wait

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

If anyone needs their fix, there's a weekly Bar Rescue marathon on Spike right now, currently showing Gipsy.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Quick one for the thread:

Garbo
May 30, 2011
Its been a couple of seasons since I last watched Bar Rescue, and you have no idea how much it pleases me to know that John Taffer's terrifying face is still on TV. In the last 2ish seasons has he ever 100% walked on a bar?

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

Ironic Twist posted:

Quick one for the thread:

Is the lovely gimmick space for before or after the remodel?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Garbo posted:

Its been a couple of seasons since I last watched Bar Rescue, and you have no idea how much it pleases me to know that John Taffer's terrifying face is still on TV. In the last 2ish seasons has he ever 100% walked on a bar?

Nope, he's completed every mission.

Although, you can argue he sort of gave up on Gispy. A lot of us felt he didn't put as much effort into it, as if predicting what eventually happened.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Fairways was a must-see episode too. Coked out non-chef lets the place get dirty to the point that giant wild mushrooms are growing in one of the walk-ins.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

And here we gooooooo.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Only bar at a military base, and it's still failing. :laugh:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

It's on!

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Fake TurboTaps!

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Holy crap that slow pan on the woman eyeing the sandwich.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

B-but we're having a great time! :downs:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Anyone else get that angel crown royal commercial? Weird.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Oh boy, chef expert is Nick this episode

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Vintimus Prime posted:

Anyone else get that angel crown royal commercial? Weird.

Yeah. Point being designated drivers are guardian angels of course, but it came off bizarre.

Ooh, a horrible smell. What could it be?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Oh boy, looks like we're a go on the Somebody Throws Up square!

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Nasty grease trap incoming. It's so gross when you can't even run water without smelling those things.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Nasty grease trap incoming. It's so gross when you can't even run water without smelling those things.

We have a winner :barf:

I.... I really didn't need to see the inside of the wet-dry vac.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Ugh that was disgusting

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Ah poo poo, stress test from the base.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Out of glasses in 10 minutes. :psyduck:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Taffer tips! How I have missed them.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
So, anyone sticking around for Catch a Crank Yanker with Adam Carolla?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

This guy needs to calm down haha

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

that box of glassware in the back was hilarious.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

If he can stay sober, he would be really good

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Random quitting/firing out of nowhere.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Well that explains where BC went.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

I guess having a plane crashing through the wall would be in poor taste.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Okay, the picture of the dad is a pretty cool moment.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Food sales are up 100% is a misleading statistic.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Ironic Twist posted:

So, anyone sticking around for Catch a Crank Yanker with Adam Carolla?

Watching it now. What the hell happened with this house?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

jscolon2.0 posted:

Food sales are up 100% is a misleading statistic.

Yea I was honestly surprised they worded it like that.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
gently caress! THE loving CAROLLA BROTHERS!

THEY'VE GOT SSSSSSSSCANNERSSS

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Lol at Carolla asking this Renan Barao-lookin motherfucker if he recognized him from basic cable

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Welcome back, Jon Taffer. I missed you shouting at drunk imbeciles who shouldn't be anywhere near ownership of a small business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
WHY IS THIS SHOW SUCH A GUILTY PLEASURE?!

• Locked thread