Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Nowhere/Everywhere

”NATURE”

The forests and places untended by the hand of men sang out to Mimsy. Mimsy listened, registering this world. Mimsy paid special attention to these areas, and observed them with those senses reserved for gods.

In the Orc Woods, Mimsy wonders how the Orcs live with regard to the forest.

In the Stolen Lands, Mimsy wonders how they came to be regarded as such.

Just observing, thinking about my first move.

JamezBfod posted:

^^For the record, I’ve had my concept for weeks now. Way to be the other guy!

Mimsy of the Boro-groves, God of Nature, Elves, and Lore

Mimsy is usually a slow, ponderous god. It is hesitant to allow changes to the natural order of the world, and to changes in its knowledge. (Think the Ents, particularly in figuring out Merry and Pippen.)

Revered by the Elves, honored by the rangers and huntsmen of the forest(or not, at their peril), and feared by the the lumberjacks, Mimsy seldom chooses to act directly in the world. Sometimes the influence of the god can be surmised, but when Mimsy acts blatantly and obviously it is out of wrath or dire need. Subtlety be damned, and the loremasters have many a tragic tale of those who have earned the ire of the god of Nature.

The Elves exist at the pleasure of their God, even the sages do not know if they were created by Mimsy or adopted, but they know that it looks after them even as they look after the forests. Somehow plant like in their own nature, the Elves manage to strike a balance between the needs of a mortal race and maintaining the balance of Nature.

Like the rings of a tree, Lore grows steadily and upon that knowledge which has gone before. It is not a crass thing like the books of the scribes and city-folken. Lore is as much about the abstract knowledge as it is about the experience of learning it. As such, it is harder to learn quickly and easily. Indeed, becoming a loremaster is a lifelong endeavor.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Nowhere/Everywhere

”Elves”

Though they might not be what were expected, much like the tolerably benign forest orcs, Mimsy reached out to observe the elves of the world and pondered.

Where is their Capital/Primary Location?(Note I understand the main area/Enclave is East of the Merchant Empire)

What is their social Structure?

How are they holding up after having their land stolen?

Are there any Elven populations outside the Enclave?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - FairDeal

“Roo Ra Hoom”

Full of ponderous thought, Mimsy began bringing power to bear within the city known as “Fair Deal.” They had taken much from the forest, much from the Elves. Their unnatural dwellings were full of the corpses of the copses, they used their stolen artifacts of the realm arboreal as tools, their world filled with stolen sylvan bounty.

“Live again, fallen ones. Rise, sprout, and take root. Raze this abomination of man’s dark design and plant yourselves in its place.” All over the city, from the beams and columns of the building walls, to the wagons, the merchant stalls, down to the tools large and small all the dead wood began to sprout and move about. Branches and roots and shoots and leaves sprang forth as the works of men pulled themselves apart and planted themselves, breaking up the roads and paths. Stone was broken asunder, and the trees began to restore their bark. After Mimsy committed the last of its power to the effort, the Nature god’s awareness watched for the reaction of the Merchant Princes.

I’m smiting Fairdeal in such a way as it creates a forest in its place. A Smote Forest if you will. All casualties are acceptable. I’m going to keep a close eye on the reaction of the Merchant Princes.

Herp Derp I tried to use influence to attack apparently.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 14, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy

"You would defend these bullies and thieves?"

In the realm ethereal a response was given.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Edited Action to better follow the kind that it is: Influence.

Mimsy - FairDeal

“Roo Ra Hoom”

Full of ponderous thought, Mimsy began bringing power to bear within the city known as “Fair Deal.” They had taken much from the forest, much from the Elves. Their unnatural dwellings were full of the corpses of the copses, they used their stolen artifacts of the realm arboreal as tools, their world filled with stolen sylvan bounty.

“Live again, fallen ones. Rise, sprout, and take root. Raze this abomination of man’s dark design and plant yourselves in its place.” All over the city, the dead wood sprang to new life, laying down roots and branches and leaves. Large columns and beams became tall trees, the smaller pieces of wood turned to shrubbery, ferns, and vines. Formerly docile domesticated animals turned feral and wild, and everywhere within the new forest became wild and untamed.

I’m influencing Fairdeal in such a way as it creates a forest in its place. A Smote Forest if you will.. I’m going to keep a close eye on the reaction of the Merchant Princes.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - FairDeal

Mimsy hovered over the new forest, chastised and chagrined. The other gods had interfered with the vengeance the Nature god had sought on the town, though the sight of the new forest filled Mimsy with joy. There would be meddling in turn for the interlopers, but first:

Elven Refuge

The Elven Leadership began having recurring dreams of talking trees, telling them the name of the God of Nature, of Elves, and of the sacred Lore. Respect for Nature was to be rewarded, so their stewardship made them the worthiest of races in the eyes of Mimsy.

Influence to make the Elven Leadership aware that I exist

Tik-Tok Tower

The setbacks from the Merchant Princes’ troubles reached far and wide. The prices of raw materials grew higher, and the...designers of things at the Tik-Tok Tower worried about how to procure goods.

Then the wood in the fires screamed, all at once. The minds of the peoples there turned to ways to make the most of the resources they had.

Influence to inspire some concepts of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waste_hierarchy , basically recycling and sustainable use of renewable resources. Something of a boon that still serves my ends.

Seaside

Those with the Pig on their backs soon found the plants they tended to provided more bounty than they expected, so long as they did not bring harm to the forests or Elves.

Influence to drop a boon on Gohdog’s followers, so long as they don’t screw with my domains.

I'm set for the year after this, so long as I don't have to intercede anywhere.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Seaside, Florn

Pulling itself away from the horrors of paper production, Mimsy became aware of the destruction of Seaside. The damage had already been done, and the people were being set to wander. Mimsy knew they would need wisdom to guide them, and so related the Lore of Travelers… though even Mimsy could not recall from whence or where the stories came.

Influence: Giving the Porcine Wanderers some Wisdom and Lore befitting a nomadic people in civilized lands. Also: http://www.buzzfeed.com/americangypsies/the-5-chillest-stories-from-gypsy-lore

The mortals having been given a blessing, Mimsy saw to it that Nature would quickly take back the home they had abandoned.

Influence: Hastening the spread of Tinyforest to take over the ruins of Seaside.

Fairdeal

Mimsy returned the the new forest and watched the inhabitants with vexed curiosity.

How are they faring? The "good" ones with Iron Wills and prophetic abilities, and the "Insane" ones.
Can the Latter be rehabilitated?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - All Elfdom

All over the world the Elves began to dream of things lost and forgotten to them. Species of plants, trees, animals, and fungi lost to them over the ceaseless course of human expansion. Lore possessed by other groups, long separated by the fall of the Elven Empire.

Seeds of Tassel Peach, the soft oak, golden fern, and verita-root, among many others were found, the songs of the Field Wake Robin, the calls of the little Zazzer, even some Noble Moss. Things that even the Eldest among them might have heard mournful tales of from the Elders of their youth.

The Lore, not least of which the newfound lessons of far-flung sister tribes and clans, but also missing fragments of the Story of Alrund, the lost three lessons of Megola, and a great many lost cooking recipes.

Above all, the Elves were to know: Mimsy IS. They are a part of Mimsy as Mimsy is a part of them. Intertwined they are, and their fate depends on one another. Elvenkind must thrive!

I’m dropping [VIA INFLUENCE] some of what the Elves have lost during their decline from the days of Empire. Lost bits of Nature, lost Lore, a reminder of what once was and a sign of what could be to help the Elves out of their funk, pumped, and back into a racial upswing.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Fairdeal

Mimsy chose to manifest in an Entish form among the forces of this collector of “taxes”. His will seemed strong, but Mimsy wondered if any human’s will could stand to meet the gaze of a god.

"B͙̞̂͋̏͞ę̣̰̼͗ͪg̫͉͇̥̮̍̃o̙͔̦̱̘͉̩ͯn̵̰̺̺̣͔̾͊̆́͌ͨȅ͕̹̺͇̤ͮ̋ͤ̕ ̙ͤh͖͚̙̘ͭ͐͂̽͂ͧ́ủ̋͋҉̝͔͇̘͈m̭̪͎̣̩̻̈̌ͮ͑̓̕ȁ̄͐n̜͉̳̞̦͇̖͛ͨ̿̂ͣ͢s̡̲̬̯̝͈̯̥̀̊̇ͧ,̙̺̝̱͉̖ͅ ̭̻̠͖̝̲̻́̌͊̈͒͋Y̼̹͉͋ͭ̽̇́o̵̟̤̬̠͌͛̓̾ͨu̝ͤ́ͦ ͚̲͙̺͍̫͎͒̾c̠̖̯͆͌̇ͅa͎̗̗͎͓̟͓̎n̨̞ͤ̍ͥͭ̊̌n͕̪̹͓͎̒̈́ͮͣͅo҉̗̬̞t̄̄̍̽̀̑͜ ̝̙̏͌ͩ͋̅̕fͫͥ́̋̒̋҉̖̣̳͈ȋ̡ͅg̷h̳̮̫͑ͪͪͥͅͅt̲͎̪̑̒̆̚ ̎̅̑ͯͯ̄t̳̗̹̦̭̘͐͝ḣ̷ͮ̌ͫ̑̆̀e̖̪̬̋̂͑͢ ̶̫͇̩͚̫͔͓w̯ͪͦ̔ͤ̔̿i͖̬͍̦̳̽͂ͬ̆̂ͅͅlͯ̂̓̄ͅḑ͚̲̪̩͋́̃s̪͓̮̲ͩͪ ̦ͩ̃͠a̲͍ͭͭ̈ͅs̪̳ ̢͆̄ͥy̺ͩ̃́̀̾ͥo̩̱̙̪̰͙̬̍ͣ̃̊̌ͩ͡u̢ͬ̓̐ͣ͂ ͍̇̇ͬ͑̚h͕̓͞a͉͈̟̘̲ṿ̧͚̤͔̰͇ͥ̋e̜̩̯̺̝̳̎̆͑̇͑̀̄͜ ̴̺̱̳̖̬̗̖ͨ̄a͌̐ͤ̐̌̚n̝͙͋ḓ̞͟ ̝͓̯̰̰͎̏͊̂ͣ͞eͣ͗̓̇͋ͧ̎x̎p̧͇̮͉͓̩̄̿̋e̼͉ͅç̞̱̹̗ͫͨ̃̿t̶̲̟̫ ̺͖̺̦̗̓̈ͤ̔̾́t͍̗͙͙̔̒̒ͦ̅̇͘ͅö̗͕͞ ̢̖̭͓͗ͅͅw͇̻̋̎i̵̮̮ͨ̎ͤͫ͊͐n̘͉̟ ̬̾͋͌ͫͣ̊̾a͎͍̖͍ͅn̵ͩ̒ͤͮy̨̻̜͇̳̬̹̦ͬ ̡̪̯̜̥̮̥̈́͆l̹͍͚̞̿̉ͪ̏̕o̦̙̗̲̠ͨ͒̀̀n̥͈͕̥͈̯͂ͧͮ̔g̝̓̌e̠̭̤͇͛̇͠r͔̙̫̊͆̂͝.̲̭̤̟̲̰̹ͨͣ̋ͧ͂"

Manifesting in front of the Tax Collectors/Army.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 29, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - To Platonis

The Nature god's awareness approached the awareness of Platonis.

“Long ago and far away there was a lost tribe led by a nurturing mother-spirit run from their homeland by some stronger demon-led tribe. They lived in their new forest but were strangers there. What they took for food often hurt their bellies instead of nourishing them. Their methods of dealing with shelter and relating with the forest were incredibly unskilled. Then a spirit of Tinkering came by, set to travel by news of a great and unnatural flood - itself caused by a grieving river spirit.He took a liking to the people of the forest and between the ways of the mother and the ways of the tinkerer these people became masters and stewards of the forest. They built their homes with the trees and among the treetops. Elves they were not, but they could-have-become, such was the power of these spirits. They were known as the Mazul and this was the beginning of their ascent as a people.”

By way of Lore that Mimsy can’t-quite-remember the origin of the possibility of a peace and partnership is brought forth.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 2, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Fairdealwood

Mimsy shook its head as it ceased to physically manifest in the world. The pull of Meroth, the desires of the Elves, the pain of the forests, and the obvious hostility of the humans all combined to reveal one thing:

The humans had to go.

Mimsy began with the ones it was most aware of. Strangling, Entangling vines crept out from the forest to snare the tax collectors and the army he brought with. As they hacked at one vine two others would come around and snare them. None would survive, and their bones would scatter around the edges of the forest as a warning to others.

ATTACK! Unleashing the loving fury! Mimsy uses Assassin Vine! NOTE: This is directed at the tax collector crew, generally at the edge of the forest. Some madmen who are too close might caught in the splash but everyone else actually inhabiting Fairwood ought to be safe I think.

Mimsy - Questiontime

Mimsy expanded divine awareness to research some lingering questions.

Where are the seers of the Oracle located? What is the basic common mortal knowledge/opinion of them?

Where do the leaders of the Merchant Princes, the titular Princes themselves congregate?

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 3, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Yeah I'm done. I'd attack the castle but have no time.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Elven Retreat - Elfstravaganza

Some Humans were Elf-friends, most seemed as if they just wanted to get through their short, meagre lives, and then again some other humans actively hurt Nature and Elven interests for their own gain. The former needed a fitting reward as much as the latter needed a just punishment. The middle lot...Mimsy pondered as influence concentrated.

Humanfolk, druidic types, rangers, anyone held to be one of the “good humans” by Elves were invited in a dream by Mimsy to a festival held by the Elves, themselves told of this plan in dream. Many tales were told, lore of both peoples shared. In the closing days of the festival the offer was made to the humans, basically thus:

“You have done well to be regarded so by Elvenkind. Take your rightful place and become more than human, become half Elven.”

To those that accepted, the Ritual was performed.

Giving the Elves a ritual to grant half-Elven status to people of their choosing. Probably not in huge numbers, we may have to negotiate on the price. Also initiating an annual Elf Festival. So two actions I guess.

Mimsy - Fort Eldra

The spirits of the Elves who died at the fortress long ago, never given a proper Elven burial lingered in Mimsy’s sight. Likely burned or buried in a pit by the humans, if they were following their horrid customs and not just feeding the dead to their dogs.

“Take form, children. Manifest once and avenge yourselves, then be at peace.”

Creating an army of ghost Elves/Wraiths to attack Fort Eldra and cleanse the joint of humankind.

Mimsy - Elven Militia

The woods caught fire but did not burn. A voice spoke out from the flames: “Children, go to the edge of the woods by Fort Eldra. Wait for the dead to avenge themselves, then take back the fortress for Elvenkind!”

Creating an Army to garrison itself at Fort Eldra

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 4, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Troll Father’s Realm: Troll Father

A voice appeared before the court of the Troll Father.

“True gods have come, for good or more likely ill. I know not the ancient grievances between Elf and Troll but I do know that some of my fellow divines aim to end you. I am Mimsy, of Nature Elves and Lore. I would rather you live, Troll Father, and be let be. Were it so easy.”

Welp, Attempting to bro a “pretender” via light Influence. Allowing a two-way information share with it.

Mimsy - The Mountain of Old Man Red - Outside

Free of innocents, lost though they might be, the top tier of Merchant Princes sat exposed on the side of a mountain. The root of a tree above pushed a single stone out of place, causing a cascade of earth to fall directly on top of them. Those not crushed in the initial impact soon suffocated.

Attacking these motherfuckers while it’s an easy shot with slight collateral damage.

Mimsy - The Mountain of Old Man Red - Inside

Within the mountains a voice echoes. “You are welcome to keep their gifts, but the givers are now dead.”

Letting my presence be known the the Dragon, rather cool diplomatic tone.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape, Speaking to Red

“I don’t presume to know what others can offer. I am aware of some ancient covenant between the Elves and yourself, that could be negotiated again as they begin their rise.” Mimsy pondered for a while. “I don’t care if you join with me or another, honestly, so long as you do not cross me. You might even be able to kill the weakest among us, or at least provide enough inconvenience for others to finish off. My advice? Remain a free and independent agent, playing the gods against each other. Our folly could be your gain.”

Mimsy severed the link, and watched the Northern Confederacy being overrun by the undead and their ilk. The South required better leadership.

Mimsy - Southern Confederacy of Merchant Princes

Mimsy hovered over the territory, looking at the human towns and villages being their errors anew. To slaughter them would be a waste. They might not be worthy of the gift Mimsy intended to bestow, but it would spare them from the sword, or the pox, or the horrors bestowed on the peoples of Fairdeal.

Mimsy appeared in dream to every man, woman, and child. The long history of the Elves was told unto them, the ways of the forest and how the humans kept expanding and cutting into Elven territory. Elven Culture, custom, lore, and law was implanted into their minds. When they awoke, they took their first uncertain steps out into the world. Mimsy had made them greater than they were before. Mimsy made them into Elves. Soon they would choose Elders to join the Great Elven Council. The forest would be reclaimed. The Elven Empire had begun.

I’m just turning everyone in the Southern Confederacy into Elves. Influence action

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Talking to TrollFather

Mimsy pondered for a time, not severing the connection but not speaking either. After making her decision, she asked, "I do understand. Where can I find the Earth Warden?"

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mount Green

[Location of Warden Revealed]

Mimsy takes in the Goh Fu'Di situation as she moves direct awareness to Mount Green, scanning for Nature or Earthen energies. An open broadcast call she sends out along the divine wavelengths. "Sup?"

Let's wake up the Earth Warden already.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Across Elven Lands

Both the Elven learned elders and those young adults hungry for knowledge began to receive visions of an Elven maiden beckoning them to travel to the Platonic Academy in Beld, to share their knowledge and to obtain the knowledge of the academics there. Though each message was tailored to the individual, the general message was thus:

“Learned one/Seeker of Knowledge! Travel to Beld, to the Platonic Academy[the knowledge of the route and location being revealed at this time] to share your knowledge and partake of theirs. The Elves need to know of world affairs in the years to come, and the world must know of Elves as well - not as mythical creatures in the forest, but as the proud noble creatures that we are. Treat the younger races with grace and tact, so that they may form good opinions of our kind.”

Sending some Golden and Sylvan Elves off to the Platonic Academy in Beld to share their Nature/Lore knowledge and give the Elves some greater exposure to the outside world. A separate Influence for the new professors and for the new students.

Mimsy, Beld, Tik-Tok Tower

The destruction of Nature, of old-growth Forest in the name of progress was something that Mimsy could no longer abide. As a peaceful, good-faith concession to Platonis and other gods whose domains required the use of wood, a few entrepreneurs near the tower were inspired to purposefully plant a grove of trees, with specific practices to provide a stable and non-invasive source of wood for all the humans’ profane needs. For a time nature could flourish as the trees grew, and with different adjacent plots harvested in different years the wildlife could shift themselves to adapt.

Giving sustainable forestry practices to some businessmen/lumberjacks/etc in Beld. They get to harvest wood and I don’t have to grind their bones. Everyone wins! Influence action.

Mimsy - Beld, Tik-Tok Tower

“Platonis, now that I have provided a less...invasive source of wood for your mills I will deign to provide information for your book." Future Editions will include:

Mimsy’s accounts of Nature - While not quite a full scientific guide, it will provide a fairly comprehensive guide to Plants, Fungi, and animals of the wilds with a strong conservation theme.

Elflore Select examples of Elven Lore and Elven History fit for outsiders to know. The Elves will retain much of their mystery but their wisdom and allure should come across.

Pitching in towards new Editions of that book there. Influence once again.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Speaking to the Earth Warden

“I am Mimsy, God of Nature, Elves, Lore, and Empire. The last refers to my efforts toward restoring the Elven dominion of old. [Mimsy reveals the events that have taken place to that effect] I cannot say how long you have slept, for my kind have only been active a few years. The Troll Father told me of you, thinking we may have common ground. I have made great strides in furthering the cause of Nature, and life itself by extension. I wonder, though, what do the rocks say?”

Honest curiosity in that last question. Not trying to be insulting.

[Mimsy realizes Cipher has spoken]

"Ah. One of the tricksterlike ones interferes. No words to the dragon, no words to the dark lord, and yet against one who seems gentle you find your tongue?"

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Speaking to the Earth Warden

“Not what I came to speak of, but now that I am aware the rocks have stories to tell I would like to know them. The agendas of other gods move forward, though, and time is growing shorter. If it were up to me I would have you be a stalwart defender of life and the land itself. I recently began efforts to teach the mortals to care for Nature and still fulfill their needs rather than wantonly destroying it. It seems a prudent compromise given the inclinations of my kin.” Mimsy mumbled the next line. “Mostly because I could not fight them all over the point and abide the cost.” Then a sigh, "And so life and divines alike adapt to their environment."

“But regardless, How did you act in the days of old? If you’d have me I might be your Patron if our methods and goals align.”

Some further questions and vaguely referring to my current agenda. Also mentioning the possibility of patronage.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - The Earth Warden - Mindscape

"I could allocate power to you in the coming year. The worst offenders against nature have been cowed or converted, the other gods are aware of my dislike of the plundering of Nature. There may be conflict yet, but there also might be peace and time for Nature to be allowed to flourish." Mimsy seemed guarded when the conversation turned to Kwll, "What can you tell me of this being? I was aware of it but would like to know more of his tale."

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Speaking to Kwll

“Rise, brother. I am Mimsy, I am sorry for what the sorcerers did to Braum. I am a friend to the Earth Warden, and am here to tell you that the chains that bind you have weakened, it is only habit that now keeps you here. I give you your freedom. All I ask is that, at some point in the future, if I ask you to turn your wrath away from some target, you do so.”

Screw it, lets do this.

Mimsy - Speaking to Earth Warden

“For good or ill, I have awoken Kwll. Beyond destruction of his being, do you know of another way to redeem him and restore the...man, I suppose, he used to be?”

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
To Ignatz - Mindscape

“If there is a way to help that one, I beseech you to try it.”

Mimsy wondered for a time, and decided on another risk.

Mimsy - Empire of Merek - ???

“Purifier, be you a destroyer or a redeemer?”

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Elven Retreat

Mimsy skimmed the minds of her Elven Elders, searching for any Lore they retained of the Titan Brothers Kwll and Braum. Particularly of the whereabouts of Kwlls hand and Braum's eye.

Seeing if the Elves know where they are at, failing that...

Mimsy - Hand of Kwll

Starting with Kwll's last known location, and with the taste of the being's power still in her metaphorical(metaphysical?) mouth, Mimsy searched the world for traces of such power.

World Scan for Titan flavored artifacts.

Mimsy - Mindscape - Earth Warden

"I'm not sure what I was expecting, exactly. I am searching for the brothers lost...parts as I speak with you. With some luck I might find them before he causes too much damage. What are your intentions now that you have awakened?"

Mimsy - Mindscape - Magnus the Purifier

"Aha! I am Mimsy, God of Nature, Elves, and Lore. And Empire, of late. We gods have come to the World, for good and ill. We have found many of your kind. The Dragon, the Dark Lord, The Earth Warden, and Kwll have all risen. You seem to be some Paragon of White Magics if my guess is correct."

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Valk - Mount Green

With Braum's Eye located, Mimsy inspected the artifact.

Checking out the Eye.

Mimsy - Mindscape - Earth Warden

"Is noisy bad?"

Mimsy - Mindscape - Magnus

"How do you suggest this imbalance be addressed?"

***I'm all set for actions for the year.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 15, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscae - Earth Warden

"Not silence, perhaps, exactly. You seem rather jovial, so my worries are abated. I hope you like what you find."

Kind of giving her the vague idea I'm done talking for a while, like for the rest of the year.

"I am not certain any of us fit that distinction well, though some among us are close, and others could grow into such a role. If Cipher, Gohdog, or Platonis are not to your liking then see me again. I have supposed for some time as god of Nature it might fall to me to fight the darkness..."

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape - The Earth Warden

"Just ignore him, I will handle his neurotics. I understand that the structures and probably the noise here were offensive to you. Do you have a plan for the mortals or should I begin to ponder on their fate?"

"I feared Platonis might be too careful for your tastes. If you want to align yourself with someone unafraid to make positive changes to the world, look no further than myself."

Mimsy - Minscape - Platonis

"How dare you threaten the Earth Warden in that manner! If you had taken this tone with me back during our first conflict one of us would no longer be active in the world."

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Year 4

Mindscape - to Earth Warden

“I hope you find the power bestowed upon you sufficient for your purposes. If you’d spend at least as much effort teaching the mortals how to live as you would like them to as you do destroying their cities it might be more beneficial in the end. As it stands they are very pissy about the whole thing.” Mimsy gives something of a mental shrug.

Mindscape - To Magnus

The equivalent of a sly wink is given.

Mindscape - Troll Father

“A token of my affection. Let none destroy what you have.”

All Elfdom

A call is again sounded, Elves worldwide who are free and able to travel without abandoning essential life tasks were invited attend Elf Fest. Most through speaking animals, but some in their dreams or in great visions.

Sending Invites

Elf Fest II - Elven Retreat

The forest itself grew to accommodate the festival. Golden and Sylvan Elves alike met to learn of each other, and find their relative strengths. The Golden Elves were obviously a blend of Elven and Human culture, and they had the pride and willpower of both. They were to learn from the Sylvan the Long View, that they did not need to live their lives as a race like they had as humans. They had decades to plan where they once had mere years. The Sylvan in turn would learn that the ways of the “Civilized” could be aligned to work with Nature, making sustainable industry possible - though far different than how the Merchant Princes methods. In the end, a mutual understanding and respect would form.

Letting the new Elves and old Elves learn about each other, having them form a mutual respect and slowing the roll of the uppity Golden Elves.

East Norn

A half Elven druid and an Elven Ranger make their way to the assembling heroic fellowship, guided by dream and prophecy. Their knowledge of nature and natural lore, the respect of life itself - not to mention their natural fighting ability, would make for essential additions to the party.

Throwing down. Hopefully each member would have at least 2 life, 1 influence, 1 Attack or something along those lines.

Mount Green, Braum’s Eye

Meroth intended to have Kwll destroy the Dwarves. Hmm. The beastmen Army would have to climb the mountain to get to the cave. Why fight them when a divine can simply beat them to the punch?

The Eye disappeared, reappearing in the hoard of Red.

I’ll discuss with Commie how to pay for this, probably a block/Twist

Mimsy - Mindscape - To Kwll

“Meroth lies to further his destructive aims. The Dragon Red has your brothers eye.” The image of the Eye’s location in the Hoard, backing out to Kwll’s current location(conveniently bypassing East Norn entirely)

Hot Potato

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Actions part II

Mimsy - Kesk, University of Omette

In the midst of the chaos and unlearning the Trees of Omette became animated. Not fully Entish, but sentient and conscious with faces able to speak. Immediately they began to spout lore and knowledge they had overheard during their long slumbery lives. The books may have been burned, but the trees remembered. For all who would listen, they gave lessons of lectures from days gone by. One by one the students began to sit in wonder, learning under the crowns of the new professors of Omette.

In addition to their formidable memory of the University’s collective knowledge, the trees were also knew much of themselves. Those who would listen in between lectures would learn much of how to care for trees and coax more fruit and nuts from their kin.

Throwing down to bring education and knowledge and order and such back to the University of Omette, with Trees - thats right, trees, running the joint. They also have a bit of agricultural knowledge to share as well.

Mimsy - Dwarfhold

Though Mimsy found the subterranean creatures somewhat repugnant, if Platonis and Gohdog embraced them so then Mimsy would at least bestow a gift upon them. In addition to the many gifts of Platonis, Mimsy added in another.

So that the Dwarves might, in their own way, come to appreciate things that grow they were given a machine that would allow them to grow plenty crops and spices within their deep dwellings. Many different seeds from across the World were provided. That which they liked they could plant more seeds and allow them to prosper. Even in the realm of the Dwarves, with a touch of science and technology, life could find a way.

This is more me gunning for Agriculture than anything, plus payback for Elf-help last year. With interest?

Mimsy - Kesk

A small faction at Elf-Fest broke off from festivities early. They knew their lands were protected by Mimsy, and so it was natural that the Dark Lord’s Empire would attempt to spread into Kesk. They traveled far and wide teaching and proclaiming what is right and good, the appeals of sustainable industry and preservation of nature over clear-cutting and strip-mining and pollution. They gave lessons to healers, and spread word of the rise of the White Mages, and the great Magnus himself. In opposition to Amrom’s influence they instead preached a message of Life, Light, Love, Nature, and Hope.

Sorry man, Elves are getting antsy. I’m going to have to pull a block’n’twist on Amrom’s Keskwide action here.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape, to Maen

"I had forgotten your touch here. I apologize for the intrusion, but it seems we are now locked into a battle of wills I did not anticipate."

Welp.

Mimsy - Mindscape, to Amrom

"The Elves cry out against your growing reach. I am Elven, so their cry is my own."

Mimsy says "bring it" with the light of Simarils in her Eyes.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Apparently I can't block Vulin's action in the way I had intend. So disregard that and have this instead.

MImsy - Mount Green

It was time for the Kushents to bud once more. Little Kushlings littered the ground, very few would survive the year and fewer still would grow to adulthood. But the Kushents did not worry about odds or facts, for it was a time of joy.

Even the trampling of the armies of the beastmen would not dampen their celebration, though they would step upon many young and potent Kushlings, and perhaps gorge themselves on the intoxicating, soft little creatures, they too would soon join the celebration and forget their cause.

Raising an opposing army of baby Kushents. They aren’t necessarily fatal, but would cause the beastmen to lose their will to fight. Mechanically the same as killing but hopefully the intended flavor pans out.

Mimsy - Mount Green to Red’s Hoard

Mimsy transported the Eye in an instant.

Teleporting that Eye

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mount Green

"Harumph. The god of destruction acts but does not think. Reacts but does not adapt. Have you no cunning, destroyer?"

Mimsy accelerated the life cycle of the local mosquito population, empowering them to thrive in the wet acid muck. As part of this divinely-induced spawn cycle a unique chemical process occurred. Instead of itchy welts that occurred from a bite, a small amount of psychedelic venom would be injected. Trace amounts each, but the swarms of dire mosquito would add up to send most of the beastmen into a fugue state.

Lets do this again! Making psychedelic dire mosquitos armies! They'll have the beastmen tripping balls so hard they'll forget who they are for a time. Anybody out there who could capitalize on that flavor?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mount Green

The odd weather delayed the Beastmen just long enough for the Beastwomen and children to catch up. Admonishing their sons, brothers, and fathers and demanding they return home to do their duty for their family and community.

I am using influence to raise an "army" of the beastmen's familys to come take them back home. The attack? Guilt.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape - Ignatz

"Gone." Mimsy took one last look at the army of Widows and Orphans before all of Mount Green became a blind spot to her.

I will ignore all happenings at Mount Green unless Ignatz specifically calls me in. Leaving the Army of Widows and Orphans to whatever purpose they find. Maybe Ignatz has one for them.

:siren: Unless some new craziness happens I am all set until the next update.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Godspace

Payback is indeed a bitch.
What you do comes back threefold.
Tear my heart out, why don't you...

Mimsy searches for this Iron Heart of Thule.

Do want.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

JamezBfod posted:

Mimsy - Godspace

Payback is indeed a bitch.
What you do comes back threefold.
Tear my heart out, why don't you...

Mimsy searches for this Iron Heart of Thule.

Do want.

After having the Elves fabled longevity taken by the removal of the Hand, do you think Mimsy wasn't going to or shouldn't look twice before taking another artifact?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Ok so after talking to IAC and such my understanding is that Mimsy knows the location of the Iron Heart of Thule but we've rewound so that she has yet to reach out and take it.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 26, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
This post removed due to retcon.

JamezBfod fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 26, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape - The Earth Warden

As Mimsy frets over the many problems facing the Elven races she realizes the Earth Warden perilously close to a grave betrayal.

"Why are you marching on an Elven settlement with destructive intent? If you take issue with their settlement then speak to me. It predates the change and retains the corruption of the Merchant Princes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Mimsy - Mindscape - Platonis and Red

"What if a new Mountain home was made?"

Mimsy gave a vague indication of the destroyed islands near where Kwyll had been imprisoned.

• Locked thread