Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

cuntvalet posted:

Oh boy, we've moved onto representing feelings with music...this is the thread that just gives and give. :allears:

Well if the crystalline perfection of my words is falling on ears made deaf through because being clogged with ignorance and sociopathy I'll just have to resort to the next best thing. Arguments-via-youtube are like the number 1 ok best way to convince someone that you're not crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
This thread is almost ready for the next tier: the joke prompts that you sent include lascivious or otherwise violent or uncomfortable depictions of women and your name is JonPop.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Well if the crystalline perfection of my words is falling on ears made deaf through because being clogged with ignorance and sociopathy I'll just have to resort to the next best thing. Arguments-via-youtube are like the number 1 ok best way to convince someone that you're not crazy!

Well you people can't loving believe I've been wronged here. Wronged by one of your own.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

SpoonfulofBromide posted:

Well you people can't loving believe I've been wronged here. Wronged by one of your own.

Someone bought you an av.

Seriously though, find a therapist.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Even if you are trolling, this is so messed up and emotional I can guarantee you need psychological help.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Post one of your scripts or I'm gonna sue your rear end.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

One of us. One of us. Gooble gobble gooble gobble.

Also, I love your new user pic. It really reflects your corset wearing insides!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Please get help OP. It might even be free where you are, but if it isn't, it'll help more than paying someone to make a comic.

Then when you're better, you can do that too!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Oh I totally believe you were wronged, it's just your hair pulling poo poo flinging reaction that's the problem. I've been ripped off for more than $200 or whatever you sent an internet stranger for your vanity comic and I didn't have some kind of panic attack. Seek professional mental help.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

She doesn't like that the transwoman isn't portrayed as a member of the aryan race but is a flawed morally character.

So if she was from the aryan race she would have no moral flaws? I thought calling yourself Hitler was hyperbolic self-deprecation. Maybe not?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Oh I totally believe you were wronged, it's just your hair pulling poo poo flinging reaction that's the problem. I've been ripped off for more than $200 or whatever you sent an internet stranger for your vanity comic and I didn't have some kind of panic attack. Seek professional mental help.

That's the other person who ripped him off. The other goon (who is not by the way any of "our own" we're actually all different people OP) is the one who said she could do his work but then didn't do his work and wisely walked away from this trainwreck.

Xenocides posted:

So if she was from the aryan race she would have no moral flaws? I thought calling yourself Hitler was hyperbolic self-deprecation. Maybe not?

I think he was poorly trying to compare the artist to a Nazi. I can't tell though, but that's what I got out of it. Superb writing skills.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Spiffo posted:

That's the other person who ripped him off. The other goon (who is not by the way any of "our own" we're actually all different people OP) is the one who said she could do his work but then didn't do his work and wisely walked away from this trainwreck.

Actually I'm you, hello.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Dex posted:

Actually I'm you, hello.

Banned for the opposite of account sharing

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Hah, that would be the easy way out wouldn't it?

The op in my thread about the applebee's hooker was a John Entwistle song, almost line for line. He's always been my favorite member of the Who, quite underrated, imho. http://songmeanings.com/songs/view/3530822107858689966/

Hell, I really wish this was just a song too.

I'm tense and nervous and I can't relax.

:raise:

Can you sleep, OP?

Is your bed on fire?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Spiffo posted:

I think he was poorly trying to compare the artist to a Nazi. I can't tell though, but that's what I got out of it. Superb writing skills.

You don't get writing skills like that until you hit level 65 or whatever level it is when you write fifty jokes in a week. That's a lot of jokes to write.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

BooLoo posted:

Post the comic.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Breetai posted:

Can you sleep, OP?

Is your bed on fire?

Don't touch him! He's a real live wire!

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Danger posted:

This thread is almost ready for the next tier: the joke prompts that you sent include lascivious or otherwise violent or uncomfortable depictions of women and your name is JonPop.

Yeah I was thinking the same but didn't want to say anything because before you know it we'll be outing every psychotic attention whore in here as JonPop.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

OP, it doesn't matter how much effort or heart you put into something. Other people don't owe you poo poo just because you worked Really Really Hard on writing your comic.

Can you post some of the specific things the artist was offended by? You say its trivial, but maybe your sperginess means you don't see how truly offensive it is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
OP I'm really gonna try here because while this has been hilarious, I'm kinda worried about you too so I'm conflicted, this way I can at least say I tried to give real advice before I made fun of this great thread.

Business is about more than giving money for a product, when the business relationship is between something like an artist and a patron there needs to be mutual trust and respect for a successful future. Your daily check ins and very over the bounds personal 'opening up' and then demands for help most like are what soured her on a relationship she was already uneasy with. You legitimately need therapy, there are more kinds of crazy than 'stab you in the face' crazy and your reaction to what is for most people a normal business interaction is something that results from an unstable mind. You absolutely need therapy before you can follow up on any new business relationships, it's unfair to both you and the artist to go into them with such a fragile emotional state.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

amarantinesky posted:

Someone bought you an av.

Seriously though, find a therapist.

Yeah, they paid good money to buy me an avatar of the tails get trolled version of my character. Laugh at me right? Let this be known that I was willing to pay my life savings, this avatar 5,000 times over probably more to make this comic quality. This person missed out on being rich so who do you think loses in the end?

It's not a vanity comic. I don't think I'm ugly IRL and need this comic to feel good about myself. I just feel I don't deserve manhood when I'm attracted to men and I am seriously caring individual regardless of what you think. I've taken childcare courses and managed the daycare at the gym where I used to work. I want to feel beautiful on the inside and outside and not because its a fetish or some poo poo but because I want people to see that and like me.

The comic I was writing was about a misguided transwoman enabled by an overly decadent society. She's not some ultra perfect Mary Sue, she's a character who does some dumb, selfish but humorous poo poo but makes up for it in the end. She's meant to polarize people whether she's really at fault or was this the case of tabula rasa.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

She's meant to polarize people whether she's really at fault or was this the case of tabula rasa.

I'll spoilerize it for you: She's really at fault.

No charge.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The comic I was writing was about a misguided transwoman enabled by an overly decadent society.

Is this a common type of person, in your mind, a trans person who's too enabled by a society that's far too permissive?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
OK so you're losing your poo poo because criticism of your comic (such as implicit criticism like bailing from the project) is also criticism of your persona. Got it.

Seek therapy.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

The comic I was writing was about a misguided transwoman enabled by an overly decadent society. She's not some ultra perfect Mary Sue, she's a character who does some dumb, selfish but humorous poo poo but makes up for it in the end. She's meant to polarize people whether she's really at fault or was this the case of tabula rasa.
Oh well poo poo if this 19 year old genius has $50,000 to drop on this, I'm in. Here's my sample rendering.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Let this be known that I was willing to pay my life savings, this avatar 5,000 times over probably more to make this comic quality. This person missed out on being rich so who do you think loses in the end?

Please direct your life savings towards a therapist.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You really should spend some of that money on a psychiatrist rather than dropping it on a quasiautobiographical self insert webcomic, friend. I mean both may be ways for you to sort through your emotions etc. but webcomic artists generally are not licensed mental health professionals.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Breetai posted:

Can you sleep, OP?

Is your bed on fire?

I'm a music sperg ok? This music helps me get my heart racing for a debate where its everyone against me and I get pidgeon holed as this psychotic monster instead of a living breathing human being that cries like everyone else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I'm a music sperg ok? This music helps me get my heart racing for a debate where its everyone against me and I get pidgeon holed as this psychotic monster instead of a living breathing human being that cries like everyone else.

You are not a 'monster', you are the only person calling you that. Mental help isn't just for 'psychotic monsters'. Go get therapy.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

It is because you are a living breathing human being with feelings that we want you to get yourself to the head doctors and get some help.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

The comic I was writing was about a misguided transwoman enabled by an overly decadent society.

This sounds fairly offensive, unless you write it very very VERY carefully.

Can you post a sample of a scenario where your transwoman character is enabled and it is dealt with humorously?

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007

I just feel I don't deserve manhood when I'm attracted to men and I am seriously caring individual regardless of what you think. I've taken childcare courses and managed the daycare at the gym where I used to work. I want to feel beautiful on the inside and outside and not because its a fetish or some poo poo but because I want people to see that and like me.

You do realize that those qualities aren't gender-specific, right? Everyone who is attracted to men aren't all women. Men who are teachers, nannies, daycare workers, care givers aren't all really women.

This is why you need therapy and with one that understands gender issues. You are attributing qualities to gender, which may be distorting your perspective of yourself and other people. This black-and-white thinking could be because of autism (what does pre-diagnosed mean?), lack of social skills, or maybe even a mental disorder. Or you could have gender issues and this could all be a completely valid way of thinking. The only way you'll know for sure is if you explore these things with a professional. Not with a webcomic.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Is this a common type of person, in your mind, a trans person who's too enabled by a society that's far too permissive?

Why are you stereotyping it? This comic is about subverting stereotypes. What you think is true might not be in actuality, you only perceive it that way.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Pretty sure you cry way more than everyone else, OP.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
I imagine every post made by SpoonofBromide as him shrieking and weeping, clown-like makeup running down his face.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
That will be a billion dollars please

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

There is no debate here. You posted a thread soliciting advice and got advice you didn't want to hear. Now you are engaged in the egotistical, sysiphean task of proving yourself Objectively Correct in the face of a loose collection of strangers who really just want to be entertained.

I'm not even trying to figure out if you're being sincere or trolling or what because either way it is obvious you have some kind of mental illness. The answer is very simple: go out and seek IRL psychiatric assistance from some kind of doctor to help you sort through your problems.

If however you chose to sit and argue on the internet it's not going to turn out well for you, because there is no way you can 'win' as you have defined it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Why are you stereotyping it? This comic is about subverting stereotypes. What you think is true might not be in actuality, you only perceive it that way.

But the concept that trans people are being pampered by a 'way too pc society' or whatever actually is a stereotype, can you give an example of what kind of jokes you asked her to illustrate? For example how was the character proven to be the wrong or flawed party for humorous effect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
*Wants to write a comic poking fun at the foibles of social justice warriors*

*Always thinks the worst of others and goes into histrionics when faced by criticism or rejection; perceiving it to be an attack on themselves as a person rather than a reaction to their behaviour*

• Locked thread