Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

EC posted:

Resevered

If I missed anything lemme know

You missed setting the thread subtitle as True Invective. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Potentially useful site, was just put up today.

http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I'm sure this is going to be a brutally stupid question, but I know I picked up a torch in the hag house. I can't find it in my inventory anywhere. I see an icon on the equip screen that looks like a torch with a 5 minute timer next to it, but I have no idea how to use it and I didn't see any gravestones with an explanation

Edit: and there it is. I missed the toggle option at the bonfire.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Summoning failed. Summoning failed. Summoning failed. :sigh:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I've been doing my best to summon for every boss fight I can, whether I've attempted it before or not.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Overbite posted:

This game is way harder than Dark Souls or even Demon's Souls. I cannot beat the pursuer at all, even after wasting 2 effigys summoning people who were completely useless in the fight. The Heidie place is also too hard.

I could beat Dark Souls 1 no problem, why can't I do this? :(

You're going the right way. Fight the giant knights one at a time where possible. If you can't handle two at a time, some judicious scampering away works wonders for getting through the zone. They are some sloooow dudes.

StarkRavingMad posted:

I bought this key that says it opens a blacksmith shop in Majula, but it doesn't seem to open the only locked door I can find (on the big building). Am I missing an obvious door somewhere or is this gated behind something I need to do later?

Yes, you are. Check EVERY house.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I love all of the pig yard bloodstains.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Apparition posted:

Anyone else die at the ladder <5 minutes into the game thinking you could just press circle to slide down?

I died in the tutorial because they changed the running jump button. :(

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

HellCopter posted:

In a kind-of-a-dick-move, go to the Majula bonfire, turn around and follow the cliff path.

The real dick move is the Soldier's Rest bonfire aggroing 2 Turtles and an Archer when you leave it.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

King of Solomon posted:

I spent like twenty loving minutes trying to get out of that bonfire. Then it turned out I wasted all that time because I already got everything worthwhile from the area.

Me too. :( I was absolutely sure I must be missing something because that bonfire's so weirdly placed, so I kept running a turtle gauntlet with like 4 or 5 of them chasing me at a time. Then I grew convinced that there was a secret wall to be destroyed when I saw one of the blast open a small opening I ran through while chasing me.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

HellCopter posted:

The fire sword is in that cave. Don't worry, the fire-breathing-thing isn't so bad as long as you can run fast.

Try Bravery

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

DrBouvenstein posted:

The combo change of dropping off ladders instead of sliding down, and the massively increased fall damage is just one big gently caress you from From.

I've fallen off things higher than the Bearer of the Curse does and not died or even broken anything.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
What's the significance of the small fires on the map of Drangleic in the mansion's basement? The message over top of the one flame I had said "This place again..." which I assume means it's where Majula is on the map.

If it's story spoilers, just tell me it's a spoiler and I'll figure it out in its own time.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Alan Smithee posted:

Seriously though how many Estus you guys rocking and where are you. Can we get a soundoff?

I have 4.

1 from the well in Majula
1 from somewhere in Forest of the Giants
1 from the mansion in Majula after you get the key in Forest of the Giants
1 from Heime's somewhere I think?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Acquire Currency! posted:

Please don't puss out and soapstone out either that's loving frustrating I just want to kill you.

Do you mean the separation crystal? Because that's hilarious. Do Ratbros get any rewards if you quit like a bitch? What DO they get normally for winning?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Yep, people puss out all the time it's crazy. Ratbros get rattails if victorious to offer up most glorious rat king. If the person bails the only thing we get is the satisfaction of sending the person a message expressing the glory of the rat. The best part is I've got messages from guys who were worried why they got summoned to my world suddenly.

Seems like something you shouldn't be able to crystal out of. I got summoned up the other night and got owned by a horde of a rats. Dude didn't even touch me, just sat on the sidelines watching.

y'all are creepers.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
"Be wary of oversight" is the most libertarian Dark Souls 2 message possible.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Oh and has anyone else noticed that throwing knives AREN'T mostly useless anymore? In early game, at least, they're doing some respectable damage for me when pulling and I used them to help whittle down the Heide Knight in Forest of the Giants.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
edit: gently caress itnevermind.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

axeil posted:

They drop cracked red eye orbs. I've yet to find any other way of getting those. I'm not lying! :v:

Confirming this, got the same drops last night. If it's well known already, I haven't seen much mention of it, but seems to be a good way to get the invasion ball rolling.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Pursuer is an easy boss if you A) summon and B) have no regard for the survival of your jolly cooperation partner.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'm sorry but I don't want to come home to a bunch of 12 year olds sitting in a group of mobs giggling saying "LOLITROLLU" on the microphone. I have better things to do than get ganked by a bunch of assholes that don't play fair.

PvP in Dark Souls is not fair. The sooner you accept it, the happier you will be.

Or burn some effigies or play offline. Not sarcasm, if you don't like the PvP, don't be a participant, you can avoid it and that's totally a valid decision on your part.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Turncoat Mommy posted:

I've already been accused of cheating thanks to my maxed out agi, always max out agi.

Has anyone sorted out what the breakpoints on Adaptability are yet? Hopefully the guy in thread early (totally blanking on who) will be able to post some mechanics info on it from the strategy guide.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Mr. Kerstbal posted:

Is the cracked blue eye orb working for you guys? Whenever I use it I just instantly get a "failed to find world to invade" message. It's weird because when I used cracked red eye orbs I always got invasions almost immediately, and all the other online stuff seems to work fine too...

I've also been wearing the blue sentinel ring and that didn't get me any summons either so far.

Unless there are unknown network issues (still a possibility!), it's likely that there just aren't enough people out there invading compared to the number of people who are Sentineling up. May be a few weeks before it really picks up.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Mr. Kerstbal posted:

Is the cracked blue eye orb working for you guys? Whenever I use it I just instantly get a "failed to find world to invade" message. It's weird because when I used cracked red eye orbs I always got invasions almost immediately, and all the other online stuff seems to work fine too...

I've also been wearing the blue sentinel ring and that didn't get me any summons either so far.

ALSO I just read this, in Game Options, by default the online mode is set to Regional. So if you're willing to endure potential lag, you can change it to Global to open up matchmaking further.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
According to http://farfire.darksoulsii.com/pc/players/index.html, PS3 players have lost 48,696,246,021 souls.

Most commonly equipped ring appears to be the Blue Seal :allears:

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

The Moon Monster posted:

Man, even with the cat ring, hp increasing rings and nearly full hp I die when I Jump to that first wooden platform in the well in Majula. Is there some trick I'm missing or do I just need more HP?

Taking that route using the cat ring is going early (though manageable). There's a more convenient way down later.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

havenwaters posted:

It's the "Weird Sex Change Coffin." It changes your character's gender.

It's 2014, ain't nothin' weird about that.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Incidentally, Sex Coffin would be a great name for a rock band.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Even with the torches I'm still getting hosed constantly.

Wait, what do they have to do with anything? Could one of those have made that fight easier?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

NomChompsky posted:

Pertaining to this: If you go into the church where you fight the Old Dragonslayer and look at the statues, the bodies look very, very similar to the statues of Gwyn and others back in Anor Londo. However, the heads look different. They look like eagles or some kind of bird, and it looks like they're made of a different kind of stone, or stone that hasn't weathered down as much. My guess is that it's a place that has just been built upon over and over again and eventually was swallowed by the sea. Not to mention, just a short boat/crow ride away is The Old Bastille, which literally has the undead parish in the middle of it, with even more rear end in a top hat gargoyles and a bell of awakening that you get to ring again!

The Souls series is The Legend of Zelda from Hell including the repeated variations on a similar theme of history

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

AzureRequiem posted:

So after hearing that Sorcerer isn't the best class to start with due to it's lovely stats, I was wondering which classes have the best starting stats to start new characters with.

If you absolutely must min-max stats:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqtuUXUtA-VmdDMtRlNWdHBPWWtweTZaVkVqTUhTVlE&usp=sharing

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNjegMau5JA

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Just now finding that the Shortsword has a pretty great moveset, standard straight sword swings for R1's, but successive thrusting attacks for the R2, like the Balder Straight Sword had.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there a starting class that is particularly suit towards a strength/faith build?

Cleric or Knight, with Cleric having a slight edge if you're completely ignoring Dex/Int.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Neo Rasa posted:

YESSS the From Software depressing as hell hub area tradition continues!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hoAyx3-0I

The Majula theme sounds like a lullaby.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Like, what if your connection goes out for other reasons?

It has to happen a few times. Its not a one and done ban from co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Not that Facebook comments have ever been a bastion of reason, but Dark Souls posted about the 1.03 patch and the DS Elitists have come out in force about making the game too easy for casuls.

• Locked thread