Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jeff Ireland is the dumbest man on the planet holy poo poo was cutting dansby stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Considering the saffold deal I'm very happy with Brandon Albert getting that money.

I'm assuming it's very front loaded in terms of guaranteed money. Very happy it's not 10 mil per season as reported earlier

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

LMAO @ Monroe making that much less than Albert.

Might wanna wait for the guaranteed money there hotshot but lol McMagic I guess

I like Albert better because he's more versatile but uh I only like it at even money god dammit

And people are saying vontae Davis is a good deal? Are we talking about the same vontae Davis? Seriously? Isn't that the same Sam shields got?

Except with MORE guaranteed?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 11, 2014

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Quest For Glory II posted:

Dolphins need a couple more Brandon Alberts first before they can stop being the worst

They finished ranked 19th by pff. I'm still laughing at that.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

Albert is reportedly getting $25M guaranteed, Monroe getting $17M, plus an $11M signing bonus. But I don't know what Albert's signing bonus is and presumably that $25M figure doesn't include it.

Alberts contract is, apparently, a three year guaranteed deal. Or something like that who knows if you can trust Armando. I'm okay with it.

I'm just mad Monroe was a chunk cheaper because I'd take that Baltimore deal too.

At least we aren't paying saffold 8 mil a year to play guard

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Rumor has it Miami still has $31million in cap space after the signings today. Patterson is testing free agency but has a standing offer of 2 years 7 million bucks from the dolphins

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

If they're gonna offer him 3.5 mil and have 31 mil in cap space I wish they'd just kept him for $5mil

I actually typod that, it's 5. I'm okay with them going that. Dawn aponte has shown she likes saving cap roll over so I'd be shocked if Miami went below 15 mil in room

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 11, 2014

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Joe philbin was the man who pounded the table for Brandon Albert apparently.

This is not me being relieved

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So, I've been pretty pissed about the Monroe thing but apparently nobody showed Monroe any real love or interest, as he signed the same offer given to him by the Ravens initially. He couldn't get anyone to beat it.

But it's the Raiders Cardinals and Dolphins who don't really strike me as genius franchises so who knows.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami made an offer to James jones. Huh?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Declan MacManus posted:

Dolphins loading up on receivers who can't catch balls that our quarterback can't get out to them

If Gibson is hurt worse than thought I'm gonna be so sad. Dude was amazing before he got injured.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tony McDaniel still starts?! Holy hell Miami had a seriously stacked defensive line in those days.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That talib contract makes the Davis contract look good. Holy poo poo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Serisothikos posted:

Arguing that Brady's "window" is closing is a platform that implies that getting him "the right players" will win them a Super Bowl and conveniently ignores that winning the Super Bowl is significantly about random chance. Even without the right players, the Patriots have been in the AFCCG for three straight years. So, no, I'm not too worried.

It is but I'd go ahead and say that relying on dumb luck versus locking up genuinely talented people is a pretty bad plan. The patriots fans arguing about Brady's window closing can easily use the three time in a row afc championship game thing as evidence that brady is clearly great, but he can't do it on his own. Not against teams clearly better than the patriots such as the broncos, that are STILL loading up on more talent thus widening the gap even more.

I mean, I think that talib contract is a hilarious joke, but if he is even just a "good" cb, they're in even better shaper for next year. Add ware and Beason to that mix and sweet Jesus

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Toymachine posted:

We already have more depth than last season. Howard and Wiz are locks at RT and C. Then you have Saffold, Watson, Barnes and McCants to fill 3 spots and I'm sure they're not done shopping yet.

There have been reports about interest in John Jerry. He's a huge shithead which kind of doesn't fit the team they are trying to build but he's a solid guard. It'll also mean Jerry and Jonathan Martin would live across the Bay.

You also have guys like Davin Joseph and Uche Nwaneri who could be one year stop gaps.

In what way is john jerry solid? He's pudgy and an incredibly inconsistent blocker.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

Oaklands left guard was rated overall in the negative 50s by PFF, by far one of the worst guards ever.

He's solid as far as I'm concerned

Yeah but jerry is seriously bad. An upgrade is an upgrade but not in spite of other guys.

And chris Clemons is terrible at taking angles on plays but tremendous at everything else. He's seriously underrated and whoever gets him should be very happy. Miami letting him walk is stupid

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That's a lot of hurries for monroe.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Waroduce posted:

We have lovely lbs, no #2 corner, 3 holes on the o-line and could use some help at WR.

On what planet do we need help at receiver

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah clearly in win now mode as they discuss trading or releasing their stud cb

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Starks to re sign with Miami. 2 years 12 million. Been tweeted by two guys I trust so I'm buying it. Great job keeping the better of the two out of Starks and soliai

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh my god no no revis to pats please

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

PantsFreeZone posted:

Randy Starks deal (per @RavensInsider): 2 years, $10M w/ $5M guaranteed, $2M signing bonus; $3M 1st-year base salary guaranteed

That is a great signing for the Fins.

Holy poo poo cheaper than expected that's a sick contract

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

I remain baffled that this happened. He's not better than Soliai, and he can't play the nose, but there's no way Soliai is worth three more years. They're the same age even.

Totally different guys. NT vs DT and they clearly want the pass rush

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God loving dammit

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Okay Miami sign James jones gently caress it let's exploit those other manicans at CB

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Thats a great signing by the Jets

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Really curious about the contract Nolan Carrol got

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good price for Beason they should be happy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

Now let's just look and see who those receivers were playing across from...

Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin, had Tony Romo or Aaron Rodgers throwing to them...

Philip Rivers vs. Cam Newton.

GO!

Correlation does not imply causation, chiche. You can throw variables all across the sports world and try to make an argument for or against something. I'd argue those guys were highly touted guys capable of producing anywhere.

I love Cleveland's signing. Hawkins will be awesome in that offense. Sorry about bess guys but hey at least we did nothing with the picks!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I mean he's worse than Veldheer when healthy but he's serviceable for sure and he'd probably make a good G or RT.

And on that note - I'm awful at copying twitter but same guy who broke the Starks story like 4 hours prior to announcement said Miami is making an offer to Donald penn immediately. Want him at RT.

Edit "want him on right" was the actual phrasing so maybe RG OR RT?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This season coming up.

But then why... Did you put was...

Huh?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

I'm assuming that I should be angry and depressed about this?

Also, wtf is up with Wilfork? I thought he was one of the true believers up there?

Donald Penn is young and seemed to be pretty drat adequate so I'd be happy with that at RT compared to the Jon Martin shitshow

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mister Fister posted:

Yeah, the Pats had 12 million already free, so that 8 million in cap savings would make it 20 million.

:rolleyes:

Between you and SJ we need to have a translator because boy howdy does that post read "cutting Vince wilfork will free up 20 million"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I hate who you are as a person

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Butthead posted:

Or you could call them Wichita State because they don't face any good receivers in the AFC East.

Well you did it. You managed to say something stupid enough to take the heat off him

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Waroduce posted:

Still waiting on fins to sign another guard or tackle

The market is just insane. The fact that Penn is flying around to different teams with multiple offers on the table should tell you that already

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'm okay with Miami sticking with mid level guys or the draft if it means avoiding paying Donald penn anything more than 3/15/9 or something along those lines

excidium posted:

I MEAN, MORE THAN 24 HOURS OF CONSIDERATION WHILE MAKING BILL WAIT? NO THANKS! GOOD RIDDANCE!

This whole page reminds me of that one guy saying welker should be thankful for the opportunity to play for the patriots and take a pay cut because they were the only team who believed in him or some stupid poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If mike Wallace had a qb who could hit the broad side of a barn when throwing 40+ yards he would have had 1200+ yards and 8 Tds. But alas

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MourningView posted:

Is the Panther's number 1 receiver currently Marvin McNutt? Because I approve of that direction.

Man did I ever pound the mcnutt drum in Miami and man did finheaven posters love to remind me of that when he got cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Robot_Rumpus posted:

People really do like to fall back on those metrics for everything, don't they?

I guess Tannehill was better than Brady, Luck and Romo?

No no MY argument is better!

• Locked thread