Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

quote:

CSNNE.com ‏@CSNNE 35m
Those close to Aqib Talib are surprised. Why? He has no standing offers just yet. http://ow.ly/utno1 #PatriotsTalk @MikeGiardi

It's almost like people don't want a scumbag with a mile long rap sheet and injury history on their team!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

DupaDupa posted:

I for one can't wait to see this contract. Snyder will not be denied.

poo poo. Doubt Idzik will get in a bidding war with Snyder.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DupaDupa posted:

I cant wait for Jarius Byrd to look awful next year when Washington's front 7 is completely unable to generate pressure.

It's not like the Bills front 7 was amazing last year. Mario Williams isn't the same guy and Kyle Williams was hurt. Byrd was still great.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chichevache posted:

FO has the Bills ranked 4th and Washington ranked 22nd. There is a pretty big difference between the surrounding casts of those teams.

I'm surprised the Bills were so high... I still think Byrd won't look awful in any system.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Chichevache posted:

They had the Bills as second against the pass.

Maybe that's because they had the best coverage safety in the NFL? or at least one of the 3 best...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dianna Marie Russini ‏@NBCdianna 11m
Sources say it will be between the Eagles or The Redskins for Jairus Byrd #NFLFreeAgency

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Revis makes no sense for the Browns (too much money would be tied up in 2 CB's) or the Raiders (When you're that bad CB's don't make much of a difference). Weird dynamic.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I can't tell whether Revis ending up on the Raiders and being the highest-paid CB in the league after all of his bitching over Nnamdi's $16m/year would be hilarious or just sad.

I honestly don't think he cares.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I mean this makes sense. He'll either get his 16M or the Bucs will have to cut him and he'll get the best deal he can on the open market. it's not like he's unpredictable!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

Pats will then sign Emmanuel Sanders within 4 hours.

Let them have him. He's an uberJAG.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

gently caress me. Fake account.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 43s
Asked a Jets source how he would feel about a possible reunion with Darrelle Revis. Response: "Hell yes!" #nyj

I concur.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Double checked to make sure it wasn't @Marish_Mehta

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Has there been any info on TJ Ward? He's on my Jets wish list.

I think Ward is a lot like Antonio Allen is that he's better inside the box than he is at coverage.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

From the real Mehta

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Austin Howard will hit the free agent market, per source. #nyj

Dumb.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sour Diesel posted:

McCown is visiting Tampa

And Houston and the Jets.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Former Cardinals WR Andre Roberts reached agreement on a 4-yr, $16 million deal with the Redskins, per source.

I hope Schefter going in twitter jail with everything happening at once

This is pretty reasonable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

:vick:

mike freeman ‏@mikefreemanNFL
Mike Vick has told former Eagles teammates he thinks his most likely destination are the NY Jets.

Sure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jets in the process of creating an OL problem for themselves. EXACTLY what they needed.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

9 Months ago Tyson Jackson was a giant bust. Now 25M.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sour Diesel posted:

I loving love you Ozzie Newsome.

LMAO @ Monroe making that much less than Albert.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter now
Colts are giving CB Vontae Davis a four-year, $39 million deal, including $20 million guaranteed, per source.

CB's are always overpaid, S's are always underpaid. Sign Byrd Idzik.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

Folk's deal is 4 year 12 million, cap hit this year is actually more than it would've been under the franchise tag, what the gently caress?

Year 2 of Idzik FA is going about as laughably terrible as year 1.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

@SethWalderNYDN With Austin Howard possibly leaving, one replacement Jets have inquired about is Saints RT Zach Strief, per source. #nyj

This is reasonable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

All the best free agents are on defense, and there's a ton of WR and RB talent coming out of the draft, so naturally we'll go after offense in free agency and fill our defensive holes in the draft.

This is a loving joke. An old done RB with a name? Thats what this fool Idzik is going to sign after 10 players that would've filled big holes on the team come off the board? What a clownshow they are running in Florham Park. They probably think they are a playoff team as is cause they beat the Browns and Dolphins in december.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Conquistador posted:

I can already tell its going to be another rough year to be a Patriots fan, theres been some seriously anemic moves so far in FA

Whatever, I guess we'll just be a perennial almost did well in the playoff team

E: I mean, at least we're still better than like the Bills or Lions or whatever, don't get me wrong. On paper, at least

It's never a tough year when you're in the same division as three teams who haven't had a clue what they are doing in 15 years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Conquistador posted:

Yeah, we had two pretty prominent losses to the Giants that are hard to forget, so I'd say we're pretty much in the same boat as the rest of the division.

E: This isn't counting innumerable early exits in the playoffs

OH I feel so bad for you losing 2 SB's (after winning 3) and making the playoffs every year. What a hardship.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

Don't bite on the obvious bait.

I'm very easy to bait tonight due to the Jets clown show free agency I guess.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Broncos sign Talib.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Classic Jets offseason. Our clueless GM sits around doing nothing while all the good FA's sign, we lose our starting RT, and Revis signs with the Pats!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

Why are people reacting towards that Talib deal as if it's not a massive overpay for a mediocre player? I mean granted, it probably improves the Broncos in the grand scheme of things but still, Talib isn't nearly as good as his rep.

He's also a BAD guy with a rapsheet and an even longer medical file.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

Best player we've ever had at any position.

I love Revis and I'd take him back in a heartbeat. I don't think for a second that he'd take less than top dollar or ever play out a contract though.

Completely agree with this. Revis is actually a very easy guy to predict what he's going to do and he's completely honest about it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Homestar Runner posted:

Schaub not a Jet

@RapSheet
It seemed obvious to link #Jets to Matt Schaub when he’s released by the #Texans. But source tells me that won’t happen. #Crossthemoff

Also makes no sense. Not like anything the Jets do makes any sense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

@AdamSchefter: Jets making strong push to sign Seahawks free-agent OT Breno Giacomini, who's on his way to visit team Wednesday.

Ahh here come all the lovely Seahawks players! Isn't Idzik great!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

Howard is a pretty solid run blocking tackle but I'd take Strief over him without any pause.

You're getting Gacomini because gently caress Idzik and woody.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I really hope idzik decided not to shore up the secondary so he could overpay Eric decker

Is there anyone who still believes that Idzik is at all competent?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

How about just adding a quality WR to a depth chart that desperately needs more than one rather than focus on labeling them.

And McMagic, Breno is probably on the same tier talent wise as Howard and a fraction of the cost.

Strief is much better than either but we"re chasing the ex Seahawks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

You're right that a need is a need, and it's a good move to fill it. Decker is a good player, but he's not going to be worth the $40-50 million or whatever he's going to get. His production is going to look a lot different playing with Geno Smith and Jeremy Kerley versus Peyton Manning and Demaryius Thomas.

Beyond that, I don't buy the argument that "hey, everyone overpays, so no matter what, overpaying isn't a bad thing." It's better to overpay certain players rather than others.

That said, I'm certainly not aboard the "Idzik is incompetent" train, especially if he can somehow swing a Revis return. And, all things considered, gambling on the receiver position isn't that bad a move.

Signing Gacomini over Strief just SCREAMS incompetence if thats what happens. And as far as Decker goes, he would be the Jets best WR right away but so would about 60 other WR's in the NFL so I don't think you can use that to judge the move on when you're talking about a guy who can get shut down at the LOS and who's best performances came with a hall of fame QB. Smith will be quite the culture shock for him.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

I'm just surprised that Byrd got 2 million more per year than any other safety. That's a high premium for the top player in the free agency pool. I figured when no one else got more than 7 million/year he'd get 8.

He's an all pro and there are NO good coverage safeties besides him and Earl Thomas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Russell Wilson's gonna have to step it up in a big way next season.

Edit: I'm pretty cool with the Broncos seemingly setting their future on fire though. Give Peyton a chance, and then pay the poo poo out of an aging Talib, Beason, and Ware forever and ever.

They can release Talib after 2016 (or whenever he ends up in jail next) without much cap trouble.

• Locked thread