Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
I'm pretty loving upset that, while Naix, Puck, and Venge all have a bunch of awesome sets and items up, Elder Titan has nothing but 3 fugly items that will never get in, and an admittedly kinda awesome stone boxing hammerfistthing. Shall he forever be hatless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wargigargle
Sep 8, 2011

Cuchulain posted:

Also Phoenix is not a girl it's name is Icarus. :colbert:

Birds are girls this is an important fantasy fact.

Though I suppose if it is a 'son' of sun, I may need to rethink that position.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Sand King is still the best hero in the game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The new thread icon loving rules, good times with terrible threads :allears: (I promise to turn it off after this post)

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

That thing where you activate shivas and then icarus dive and it paints the entire map with aoe slow is pretty fun.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

resistentialism posted:

That thing where you activate shivas and then icarus dive and it paints the entire map with aoe slow is pretty fun.

Wow, didn't even think of that but it makes sense.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I hereby renounce my terrible opinions. Wraith King has cool voice acting and fun animations and I even like his dumb croissant stroke face but he just isn't as cool as Skeleton King. Bring back the boner valve :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Phoenix looks like a girl bird.

I'm not sure why.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Asiina posted:

Phoenix looks like a girl bird.

I'm not sure why.

She lays an egg.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Hi, I'm EMP. You wanted to cast spells during that teamfight? Well, that's a shame Mr. Strength Hero.

:(

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I don't know if anybody's watching the streaming of the Blizzard MOBA. But depending on how serious Valve is about disassociating the heroes from Blizzard characters depicted in Heroes, well then good-bye Pudge.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dr. Capco posted:

Hi, I'm EMP. You wanted to cast spells during that teamfight? Well, that's a shame Mr. Strength Hero.

:(

EMP should probably just be % mana drain (with same absolute amount for damage) but I don't know if that would hurt intelligence heroes too much.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So what does the techies forecast look like? Are we getting him soon or are they just gonna keep using TI to bait out releasing him to jack up sales on compendiums?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think they don't really need bait for the TI compendiums at this point.

I think people are pretty much hooked.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Asiina posted:

I think they don't really need bait for the TI compendiums at this point.

I think people are pretty much hooked.

Now if only they'd give me my DreamLeague compendium. :saddowns:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Yardbomb posted:

Now if only they'd give me my DreamLeague compendium. :saddowns:

It didn't work for you? Should show up as a stylized book on Watch -> Tournaments -> ASUS ROG Dreamleague Season 1 (currently on page 2)

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Craptacular! posted:

I don't know if anybody's watching the streaming of the Blizzard MOBA. But depending on how serious Valve is about disassociating the heroes from Blizzard characters depicted in Heroes, well then good-bye Pudge.

The thing is Blizzard ripped them off there (well actually Guinsoo or whoever remade Pudge). They did it in Diablo 3 first.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

TheQat posted:

It didn't work for you? Should show up as a stylized book on Watch -> Tournaments -> ASUS ROG Dreamleague Season 1 (currently on page 2)

Oh well that's kiiiiind of lame. I was hoping it'd do the same kind of thing the TI compendium did so I could just hit my profile, not navigate through tournaments and junk.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Philosopher King posted:

So what does the techies forecast look like?

Hopefully 100% chance of being banished to the darkest corner of Never Coming Outsville

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

computer parts posted:

EMP should probably just be % mana drain (with same absolute amount for damage) but I don't know if that would hurt intelligence heroes too much.

It's one of the best spells in the game at the moment and it has a huge aoe, short explosion delay, restores Invoker's mana pool, does pure damage, and also got a mana drain buff that can drain the entire mana pool of roughly half the heroes in the game (probably more but I'm being conservative) before they hit level 10. Probably just a whinepost but I feel that along with the rest of q/w Invoker's kit the spell is way too good for the amount of effort it takes to use.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
I haven't regularly played Dota 2 in a very, VERY long time, and had no idea about the Skeleton King -> Wraith King transition until I watched Pyrion's new Clockwerk video.

I assume that was another Blizzard vs. Valve issue again?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dr. Capco posted:

It's one of the best spells in the game at the moment and it has a huge aoe, short explosion delay, restores Invoker's mana pool, does pure damage, and also got a mana drain buff that can drain the entire mana pool of roughly half the heroes in the game (probably more but I'm being conservative) before they hit level 10. Probably just a whinepost but I feel that along with the rest of q/w Invoker's kit the spell is way too good for the amount of effort it takes to use.

Same but Dark Seer's Vacuum

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
On the topic of MMR, i've come to realize that there is a huge disparity between servers. Probably not uncommon knowledge, as there was an article on this recently. But, Queuing SE Asia for 5 or 10 games as opposed to USw/e or EUw/e is a pretty huge eye-opener. Also probably helped that I was playing Captain's Mode exclusively, but Captain's Mode games on the US and EU server have sucked at a high rate as well.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
It's not really Dota until Techies get in.

If you look deep into your heart you know you want to see such a pick on the grand stage in July.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

killstealing posted:

Same but Dark Seer's Vacuum

I dont get it

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
gently caress Techies, I want Tidal Spirit or whatever the Aqua equivalent of Storm/Ember/Earth is.

Maybe they will make a Void Spirit as well at some point.

Dr. Capco posted:

I dunno, it is pretty annoying at times, but if any one spell on Invoker needs a nerf, I think it (always has been) is Cold Snap. Definition of bullshit, at times.

edit: Ever Hookshot an Invoker with Clockwork, pop all your abilities, then die in your own cogs when Invoker Cold Snaps you and summons a Forged Spirit?

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 14, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

gently caress Techies, I want Tidal Spirit or whatever the Aqua equivalent of Storm/Ember/Earth is.
Morphling.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

On the topic of MMR, i've come to realize that there is a huge disparity between servers. Probably not uncommon knowledge, as there was an article on this recently. But, Queuing SE Asia for 5 or 10 games as opposed to USw/e or EUw/e is a pretty huge eye-opener. Also probably helped that I was playing Captain's Mode exclusively, but Captain's Mode games on the US and EU server have sucked at a high rate as well.

Dang, 5 or 10 games? That definitely sounds like a large enough sample size...

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Notail's full retard image should be the header to the op at this point. It's very informative.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Srice posted:

edit: forums double posted

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 14, 2014

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Srice posted:

5-10 games with a huge noticeable difference as opposed to 30-50 with a slight difference seems fair. I'm sure there will be 'bad' games on any region's server, but every aspect of every game I played seemed to be of much higher quality.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I mean, I won't dispute that there might be some differences in MMR depending on region, but that's simply not enough games to say anything definitive on the matter.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

zfleeman posted:

I assume that was another Blizzard vs. Valve issue again?

I don't really think it was so much that, as much as they wanted a unified model. China's Boner King was heavily censored because they have laws about depicting the dead and skulls and poo poo, so bringing all versions of the game into line for cosmetics and general tidiness was probably the bigger factor.

Ye olde China Boner for reference

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Will they be changing Lifestealer and Pudge then, too?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

How the gently caress did that happen? I only ever post Cyborgmatt blog posts and mods.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Also Diablo 3 skeleton king looks more like wraith king than skeleton king, what will all the green poo poo flying around before him and stuff.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

Will they be changing Lifestealer and Pudge then, too?

Eh, on them it's not THAT drastic. Lifestealer just has a beartrap on his head and some ribs covered up, Pudge is just sewn a little tighter. Skelly King was an entirely different entity on the China client.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yardbomb posted:

I don't really think it was so much that, as much as they wanted a unified model. China's Boner King was heavily censored because they have laws about depicting the dead and skulls and poo poo, so bringing all versions of the game into line for cosmetics and general tidiness was probably the bigger factor.

Ye olde China Boner for reference

China had the Shredder from TMNT as a hero? I kinda like that more than the Wraith King.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah, I like that waaaaaay more than Wraith King too. Wraith King looks loving lame, that dude looks awesome. I'd have taken that in a heartbit. Call him Steel King or something. Iron King.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

China had the Shredder from TMNT as a hero? I kinda like that more than the Wraith King.

I know right? China's Lifestealer looks cool as hell too.

I'd buy the crazy headpiece if they added it, since he's cosmetic-able now.

Also China's Ancient Apparition looks a lot more pissed off :v:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 14, 2014

• Locked thread