Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

obligatory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUamHEvVQy0

The Tokyo-3 skyline looms ever larger in the distance as the train clatters towards Mishima Station. It was a lonely trip; despite most of society having recovered in the 15 years after Second Impact, strategic considerations for limited energy supplies mean that train travel is limited to certain main lines and off-peak travel is exorbitantly expensive. Good thing NERV picked up the tab. As you read, contemplate or sleep, you take a look at the other kids your age on the train; they're almost certainly your fellow pilots. The train's announcer crackles to life: "Next stop: Mishma" and shortly thereafter the doors open, disgorging you onto a lonely platform with only two people to greet you.

The one with the coat drops and crushes his cigarette underfoot as he gives each of you a quick once-over. "Well, Bryant, your charges are here." He turns to face all of you. "I'm Lieutenant Commander Takenaka, and I'm here because frankly Commander Koizumi is a very busy woman and she doesn't have the time, inclination or patience to play homeroom teacher to a pack of high schoolers. So she delegated it to me, and since I outrank Captain Bryant I in turn am delegating it to him. That said, welcome to NERV. You're the wall protecting us from the Angels, last best hope of humanity blah blah blah wasting my loving time." He draws and lights another cigarette. "See to it they get to their quarters, Bryant." He turns and walking off the platform. "I've another budgetary committee to attend. The third in a month, in fact; truly, the joys of command."

With Lt. Commander Takenaka gone there's a rather awkward silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hong Li

Hong Li stayed quiet the entire ride over on the train. He was never good in social situations, and this had to be one of the worst he had ever been in. Not only was he here with six complete strangers, but people that were supposed to put their lives on the line for him and vice versa. However, the silence after the Lt. Commander left was too awkward even for him, so he decided to break the ice, speaking up in a hesitant, meek voice with a slight Chinese accent.

"H...Hello, Captain. I'm Hong Li, the uh...what was it? Third Child?"

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 19, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jenna Hargrave

The awkwardness does not appear to faze the Fourth Child. Then again, her gaze is into the middle distance, so perhaps it is more accurate to say that she doesn't notice the issue at all. Her hands play idly with something at her waist. It is perhaps a little unnerving when said something is looked at more closely; a small, straight-bladed knife, old but well cared for.

She gives the sense that she is waiting. But for what, it cannot be said.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Elizabeth Hargrave

When she got on the train, Elizabeth took one disdainful look at the other children before throwing her bag onto an aisle seat and taking a window one for herself, and spent the rest of the trip listening to her music and staring out the window, tapping her foot with pent up energy the entire time.

Upon arrival, she seems less than impressed by their welcome. She stomps over, bag slung over one shoulder, and doesn't seem to notice that Hong was speaking first.

"The nerve! Who does that man think he is? As if any of this NERV mucking about mattered without us." She looks Captain Bryant up and down, then sighs. "I suppose you'll do. Elizabeth Hargrave, Fifth Child, and my sister, Jenna Hargrave, Fourth Child. The rest of these are pilots too, our backup I assume."

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

Captain Bryant wordlessly watches his superior leave, and then turns to finally address you all.

Or rather he addresses Elizabeth, who gets in a word before he does. "...I wouldn't worry too much about what the Lieutenant Commander said. He can just be like that sometimes. He's a real busy man."

He then gives Hong a small nod of acknowledgement before speaking to the group as a whole. "I'm Captain Thomas Bryant, Operations Director here at NERV. We can go over what that means and what you'll be doing later. You don't have to worry too much about the whole 'Captain' thing if you don't want to. You can call me Tom, Thomas, Bryant, Captain Bryant, or whatever you feel comfortable with."

"We've got six of you, but let's double-check that you're all here." Bryant starts looking through a set of papers on a clipboard. "First we've got a... Sebastian von Falkenrath." He flips a page. "Then we have Antoine Villier." He does it again. "Then Hong Li." This time he flips through two pages. "And then the Hargraves, Jenna and Elizabeth." Then one last time. "Finally we have Junko Kurosawa."

And then he looks back up at everybody. "I didn't miss anyone, did I? It looks like you're all here. Do you kids have any questions before we get going?"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Antoine

Ant watches the commanding officer walk off, but holds his tongue. There's something to be said for the chain of command, to say nothing of the rigors of said command. The man most likely has plenty on his plate at the moment, hence the delegation. Still, there's something to be said for decorum.

"Sir, if I may, what did the Commander mean when he said he might be wasting his time? I daresay that our presence here is a necessity rather than a frivolous waste."

Due to his very brash and Gascogne manner in battle, one tends to forget that Antoine was the son of a prominent French general, and rather well educated. Granted, it didn't really stick, but he at least learned how to speak like a gentleman.

shin42k
Feb 16, 2014

Junko Kurosawa

Junko spent the start of the journey staring at the other 5 kids in the train quietly. Nobody seemed to notice her except that one who looked down at her. Things were the same as always, nothing would change, although maybe things would be different at her school. She stared out the window and let her imagination run wild. By the time she snapped out of it they had arrived.

“Waste of loving time...” The Lt. Commander made it perfectly clear that nobody wanted to have them, that they were not important. “Waste of loving time...” If the Captain could pass them on, he probably would.

The Captain’s shocked face made Junko giggle though. Thus she temporarily eased up, only for her emotions to come crashing down again. She started reading into things that were being said, more specifically the fact that she was mentioned last. Did that mean that she was worth the least? Did it mean that she was added onto an afterthought?

Of course the captain hadn’t chosen the children, he was just reading them out. This didn’t make her feel any better though. She would keep these emotions to herself though, she didn’t want anyone to get a worse image of her than they already had. When the captain looked back, she bowed down.

“Thank you for having me. I am in your care”

shin42k fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 20, 2014

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Sebastian von Falkenrath

Sebastian had spent most of the ride off to the side, away from the other children. He busied himself reading a copy of All Quiet on the Western Front, hoping to avoid adding to the awkwardness of the situation. Still, he looked over the cover of the book occasionally, analyzing the crew that he had been assigned to. He had been told briefly who he was going to be working with, but seeing them in person was another thing. Any glances his way caused him to quickly look back at the book and continue reading, hoping they didn't notice.

When the train pulled into the station and the other children disembarked, Sebastian walked out last in line. He stood to the back and to the side, present and accounted for but still out of the way. He stood straight and proper, and yet he still seemed to be dwarfed by the others, namely the rather bombastic presence of Elizabeth.

On the Captain's calling out of his name, Sebastian gives a quick salute. "P-Present Sir." He says, revealing a notable German accent. In response to Antoine's question, Sebastian meekly comes up with a potential reason. "Perhaps, um, the Commander thought his presence here was wasting his time...?" He trailed off as he realized he might have made a mistake in answering that question.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

The Captain returns Junko's bow, showing a proper, though lesser, degree of respect in line with proper Japanese etiquette. As soon as the display of formality is over, he returns to an upright, relaxed position.

"You mean the Lieutenant Commander. Commander's someone else entirely. You might get the chance to see her later. Anyway, what he meant is that he just has a lot of things he needs to do and is very busy. While you children are an important asset, so are things like finances, logistics, bureaucracy, and so on. If it weren't for all that stuff, there would be nothing for you to pilot, no base for you to go to, and no train ticket to even bring you here."

He then starts walking toward the exit and motions for you follow. "Now, let's get going."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

As the other children made themselves known, Hong Li mulls them over in his mind. These people were definitely going to be hard for him to work with. He especially didn't relish the thought of being around someone as bombastic as Elizabeth. A couple of them seemed as out of water as he was, though, and the Captain was nice enough. Maybe it wasn't going to be so bad here.

At the Captain's insistence, Hong adjusted the bag on his shoulder and followed after him. "Coming, Captain Bryant!"

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

You all leave the station and pile into a UN blue minivan amidst the inevitable squabbling about who sits where, before heading off down the winding road towards Tokyo-3 proper. After about half an hour of decently quick driving (one of the perks of working for NERV; no speeding tickets) you arrive at a nondescript apartment building. The chipper reception lady hands Bryant a key. "Good afternoon, Mr Bryant, your employers called ahead. The requested accommodations are on the sixth floor, door 14." Said door opens up to a decently roomy little space:

There's a note on the kitchen counter: "The PlayStation's a little touch from me to make the kids feel more at home - don't tell Takenaka! -Oshi" Charming as the gesture may be, it doesn't quite make up for the apartment obviously being designed for four people, not six.

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 21, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Elizabeth Hargrave

"Did they forget how to count?" Elizabeth stomps across the front room, into the little common area, and tosses her bag into the room with the window. "This one is mine."

shin42k
Feb 16, 2014

Junko Kurosawa

For a second Junko stood there shocked at how brash Elizabeth was. Under her breath she muttered “I wish I could be as strong as her.”

Not quite in her right mind she started walked towards the rooms before glancing back at the others, looked like she wanted to say something, turned to the door and went forward. She decided to pick the room next to Elizabeth, wanting to absorb some of her confidence and strength.

She sat down on the bed and leant back, stared at the ceiling and sighed. She was already doubting her decision, everyone here was better than her; they wouldn’t pay any attention to her. She looked down to realise that she had left her bag near the entrance to the apartment. She wanted to cry, what a great impression she must have made.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

"There's only four rooms?"

Hong Li reluctantly heads towards the common area and takes the smallest room.

"Anybody else can have the larger room. I don't need a lot of space."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jenna

Jenna looks at Elizabeth for a moment, watching her stomp away. Then she sort of shrugs, sighs, and lies down on one of the couches in the main room. A blanket is retrieved from her bag, and soon she is nestled on the couch like a demented burrito. She has still yet to say a word.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

"Wait, four rooms?"

Bryant stops his initial inspection of the kitchen appliances and heads over to the bedrooms. Upon a quick count of the number of beds, he sighs with frustration and rubs his hand on his forehead. "Don't get too settled into these rooms just yet, I'm going to get this fixed."

He pulls a mobile from his inner jacket pocket and starts making a call. A couple of rings and a greeting can faintly be heard before he speaks. "Hey, it's Tom. Listen, Oshi, I'm with the kids at the apartment, and I need you to do something for me."

"No, it's not about the game station. Did you check the bedrooms? There's only four beds here. Yeah. Yeah. We forgot about this one."

"So I need two beds delivered ASAP. Can you do that?"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Antoine

Ant hefts his duffel bag on one shoulder and steps up.

"Sir, if it's no trouble, I can bunk on the other couch. That is, if, uh..." he pauses, forgetting the quiet girl's name. "If she doesn't mind."

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Sebastian von Falkenrath

Sebastian took note of the distinct lack of beds, before looking up to the Captain and raising a hand. "Sir, you do not need to worry too much for me. I can go with any sleeping arrangements necessary." It was then that he noticed a bag near the entrance of the apartment. He identified it as Junko's, the rather demure girl who happened to be part of his crew. Sebastian set aside his own trunk off to an out of the way location, letting out a tired breath of relief from having to carry the thing for such a long period of time. He then took the bag near the apartment and headed towards where he saw Junko walk off to. He gives a light, limp knock on the door frame before looking inside.

"U-um, excuse me." He said rather quietly. "I believe this was yours? I figured you might, uh, want it." He said as he held up the bag in question.

shin42k
Feb 16, 2014

Junko Kurosawa

Junko thought she heard a knock at the door. She opened the door and to her surprise, found herself face to face with one of the boys of the group. “U-um, excuse me. I believe...”

When the boy had finished muttering all Junko could manage to utter was “Eh?” as she blushed red. She was ecstatic, she didn’t know why. All she knew was that she was starting to have difficulties forming sentences properly. She took the bag from his hand and while staring at his face. “Thank you, very much for noticing me. Your name is Sebastian, no?”” Her voice gradually got quieter and she started looking at the floor. “About the rooms.... I’m sorry. Did I say thank you? ... Thank you...”

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

Bryant pulls the phone away from his head for a moment and gives Antoine a skeptical look. Then he glances over at the couch burrito for a second and then looks back at the boy in front of him, expression unchanged.

"No. Your back's going to be killing you after a week and you're going to hate everybody after they end up waking you up all the time. You can crash on a couch for a night or two, but in the long term you're really going to want a real bed."

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Through the phone line you can hear Oshi typing. "Yeah, sure. I can't get them a bigger place but I can have some bunks sent up. Lemme just-" At that second, both over the phone and in the area attack sirens start blaring. "-ddamn, Bryant, early warning just picked up an Angel a few klicks from here!" Outside the window you can already see the larger buildings beginning to retract into their armoured alcoves, and people on the street panicking and running for cover. The whole scene is like the fall of Jericho. "You need to get the pilots here ASAP! JSSDF's deploying to buy you some time, but they can't hold out without Eva support!"

It's playtime, kids.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jenna

The burrito unwraps. Jenna moves to the door with a deliberate, purposeful pace, and stands there, waiting for the others. She looks back at group, a slightly disturbing smile beginning to spread on her face. She speaks.

"Finally. Let's go, already."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

Hong Li rushes out of his room once he hears the sirens. He didn't think he'd have to fight so soon. He hasn't even SEEN the thing he's supposed to pilot yet.

"Now?!"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Elizabeth Hargrave

Elizabeth shoves Hong out of the way as she comes out of her room, carrying a smaller bag by its shoulder strap. "You can stay here and unpack if you want." She goes over and stands next to her sister, clearly impatient to be off.

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Sebastian von Falkenrath

"...Well, no need to thank me." Sebastian tries to put on a grin. He didn't quite expect such a...flustered reaction to this simple act. He wasn't quite sure how to proceed.

That quickly didn't matter though, as the sirens blared through the building and through his bones. He had been told repeatedly that this moment would come, the moment where all of his education, his training, his bloodline would be beckoned to the battlefield. The moment still felt off anyways. "Mein Gott." Sebastian let slip as he heard the sirens, his entire body going stiff as he heard the call. Almost instantly, he set the bag down and headed for the door.

He tried adjusting the tie around his neck, squaring it just so to let everyone know his composure. His hands were starting to shake, and his back was starting to clench. Just keep it together, everything will be fine, you were born for this...

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Antoine

The general's son drops his bag by the couch and does a quick about face before striding out the door. There's nothing parade ground about him, it's just become his natural walk over years of strict and proper upbringing.

"Do we know anything about the incoming Angel, sir?

shin42k
Feb 16, 2014

Junko Kurosawa

At the same moment as the sirens shocked Junko back to her senses she saw the bag drop to the ground. She threw the bag into her room (luckily there was nothing fragile inside) and slammed the door shut. She ran towards the others not wanting to be left behind.

She saw Sebastian's hands shaking, she could just feel the tension. She put on a brave face and smiled as she ran past him, "Don't worry Sebastian, I'm scared too. It'll be fine"

'I hope it'll be fine...' rang through her mind as she almost crashed into the forming group.

shin42k fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 22, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

As soon as the siren starts, Bryant looks out the living room window. "Dammit. We'll be there as soon as we can. Just make sure everything's ready by then."

Immediately ending the call, the Captain puts his finger and thumb in his mouth and gives a loud, authoritative whistle. "Listen up!" he roars, his voice filled a volume you've never heard from him before. "That's an angel sighting. It's your guys' time to shine. We don't know anything about it, and by the time we do it'll be already. Which means you guys need to get to NERV ASAP. Which means we need to get back to the van right now!"

"Move it! Double time!" Bryant brings up the rear of the group, urging along any stragglers and locking the apartment door as soon as everybody is out. After a dash down six flights of stairs, all of you climb back into the van that you had pretty much just left.

"Buckle up, kids," he says, stepping on the accelerator. "This is gonna be a helluva ride."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

During the ride to base, Hong Li doesn't say much. Much like Sebastian, he shows signs of nervousness, but he's trying harder to make them not as obvious. He bites his bottom lip as he grips his knees to keep them from shaking.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

With great haste you all pile in to the van, and Bryant guns it full speed towards the Embarkation Point into the Geofront and NERV HQ. The streets have mostly cleared out; almost all the bystanders have gotten to shelters by now, though the roads are full of abandoned cars. You swerve neatly around them, though for the kids in the back it's a little too close for comfort. You slam the brakes just as you reach the junction covering the Point, and the road around you begins to descend rapidly. Soon the mass of steel and wires lining the walls gives way to clear glass, showing the massive armoured cavern surrounding a forest, lake and, in the center, the pyramidal NERV HQ.
The ride ends shortly thereafter, with Technician Oshiro waiting on the platform. As you all get out of the van he hastily salutes Bryant. "Captain! The JSSDF is in position near the angel's last known coordinates. We should get to the Command Center to coordinate the defense. Pilots, go get ready."

Captain Bryant

You and Oshi rush down into the Command Center. Oshi takes his place at the center console, with Technicians Kurosawa and Tachibana already coordinating the final preparations of the Evangelions and monitoring the defense. Commander Koizumi is drumming her fingers as she waits for contact with the Angel. "Captain, you're here, good. I trust the pilots are making their way to the Units?" You're about to respond when the defense line reports. "VISUAL CONTACT ON TARGET, 1 KLICK, NORTHEAST OF OUR POSITION!" Almost automatically, Kurosawa pulls up the battle map and a zoom visual of the target:

Commander Koizumi raises an eyebrow. "Captain, you have prior military experience. I'll leave the defense in your capable hands."

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 22, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Elizabeth Hargrave

Elizabeth doesn't wait for further instructions, heading straight for the locker room to put on her plug suit. She isn't even all the way inside before she starts pulling off her street clothes, tossing them onto a bench and pulling her suit out of the bag she picked up at the apartment.

Plug Suit 05 is predominantly dark blue, with white patches on the arms and a red patch on the chest. Before pulling it on, she pulls her hair into a braid to keep it out of her eyes and clips the two parts of her Interface Headset in. Finally the plug suit itself goes on. As she activates the wrist switch to pull it tight, she looks to see how the others are coming along.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Jenna Hargrave

Jenna matches her sister, action for action. It is perhaps, the only time that any resemblance between the two has become evident so far. Her suit, a dull purple with patches of a color not glossy enough to be gold but too dim to properly be called yellow, is in its own special pocket.

She moves with purpose, and the disturbing smile has yet to fade. As the suit snaps tight she doesn't even follow her sister in the courtesy of looking at the others- without a word she turns on her heel and heads for the hangar.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

As Hong Li pulls his suit out of his bag in the locker room, he attempts to hype himself up in his mind. You can do this, Hong. You can do this. He takes a few seconds to look at the plugsuit in his hands. It is a plain blue color with patches of a neon blue and looks like something out of some science fiction story, he notes in his mind.

As the suit pulls tight and Hong places the headset on his head, he looks around with a self-conscious look on his face. He feels so dumb in this thing.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 23, 2014

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

Sebastian von Falkenrath

Contents under pressure. The surge of adrenaline as Sebastian mentally prepared himself to face battle started to fade, leaving a growing sense of...something. Despair? Fear? Doubt? No, it can't be any of those things. Falkenraths don't feel doubt. Junko's assurances were met with a confused and almost...offended look. His tongue was stuck against his teeth, he knew he wouldn't be able to tell her the reason why his hands were shaking. He sits down in the van, and the Captain takes off.

The ride over was, needless to say, a bit of a roller-coaster. It didn't help that on the turn, Sebastian hit the side of the van, his spine tweaking a bit and hitting the gunshot wound with a slap. He visibly winced for a brief second, before wiping the expression from his face.

By the time he reached the locker room, Sebastian had managed to almost tear off the tie around his neck. He knew that would have been the main obstacle changing, and with that out of the way he proceeded to take the suit. For a moment, he contemplated hiding, changing away from the others. There wasn't time for that, and he knew it. He hunched over, gritted his jaw, and put the suit on. The suit of purple, yellow, and silver was slipped on. On it was emblazoned the numbers "00". Sebastian briefly wondered why. With a quick snap, Sebastian set the suit to tighten. The suit snapped against the raw wound on his spine, causing him to more notably wince. It was more uncomfortable than he had imagined, but it was irrelevant.

Sebastian slips on the headset and adjusts his glasses. He looks around for a moment, noting Hong's awkward glances. All Sebastian could do was nod his head, hoping it would serve as some form of reassurance. Sebastian turned around, ready to head to the hangar and meet the thing he was destined to pilot.

shin42k
Feb 16, 2014

Junko Kurosawa

Junko spent almost the whole journey in the van staring at her feet, breathing more heavily than normal. This was due to a cocktail of emotions running through her mind, doubt, excitement, fear... well mostly just fear, fear and her feeling sick from the “fantastic” driving. All this caused her to start retching when they finally reached their destination; luckily she managed to keep the vomit in. A few deep breaths outside of the car helped a bit.

Inside the locker room she started to change in the corner in a vain attempt to avoid the non-existent gazes. She was ashamed of her pale fragile body. She put the black funereal suit, the colours in contrast with her whiteness which was paler than usual due to her feeling sick. She didn’t like the feeling that it left on her skin.

Trying to block all these unnecessary thoughts from her mind she fled for hangar towards her destined EVA.

“I wanna go home.”

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Antoine

A quick twist of the wrist junction and the suit snaps in skin tight around Ant. He's spent a bit of time roughhousing with some of the other army brats. They've taken a shine to football the way the Americans play it. A bit more tactical than rugby, but not as much of scrum. Well, you can't always make the most of it, but you can make as much of it as you can. Ant's had quite a bit of exercise, and the plugsuit is more flattering than anything. If nothing else, it hides the scars from the scalding he got in Marseilles.

He steps out from the locker room and joins the rest of the pilots. He doesn't have the self-consciousness of Hong Li. This is just another uniform to wear. There's also no eager anticipation like Jenna seems to have. It's all routine, just another Angel hunt. He sees Junko sitting and rocking a bit. He tries to offer what support he can, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"It's alright. There's six of us and only one of them. We can handle this."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Elizabeth Hargrave

Elizabeth sniffs. She reaches down among her discarded clothes and picks up a small knife, bearing the blade for a moment to check it, then straps it to her thigh. "No wonder they had to bring Jenna and me here, if this is the best this country has to offer." She flips her hair as she turns to depart for her own Eva, brushing it back over her shoulder. She doesn't look back as she strides eagerly towards her destiny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hong Li

Hong Li glances at Sebastian and returns the nod, thankful that someone is as uncomfortable as he is.

"Yeah, there's so many of us that we can't lose, right?" Right? Elizabeth's remark deflates that momentary confidence.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 23, 2014

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thomas Bryant

"They didn't really teach us anything about giant monsters in the army, but I'll do my best."

From his vantage point at the very center of the high-tech command deck, Captain Bryant looks over the map of the battlefield. "Is that all we have out there?" he asks, pointing at the two units on the left. "Are we just stuck with tanks out there or can we get some air support out there?"

"Either way, we need to get that armor into a proper formation." Bryant leans forward and presses a button on the console in front of him. "TB-2! Move northeast until you are directly southeast of TB-1!"

Half-Action: Move order to the tank battalion mob present on the battlefield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Changed and ready (at least, as ready as you'll ever be), you make haste towards the Evangelion Cages and are assisted into your Entry Plugs by a swarm of orderlies and technicians. Your last sights and sounds of the outside are the crane lowering to insert your Entry Plug and the technicians murmuring about synchronization ratios, LCL pressurisation and nerve interface connectors.

It's dark in the Plug at first. Then you feel a rising sticky warmth, and as you look down you get a faceful of orange liquid. Some of you, having been trained for this most of your lives, calmly let it fill your lungs and activate the screens. Some of you just freak out for a bit before control or a teammate tells you what's up and reassures you that you're not going to drown. The bolts restraining your Evangelion blow off and release as the elevators rumble to life and line up Units 01, 03 and 04 on the launch rails.

Antoine, Jenna and Elizabeth

"LAUNCH!"

The platform rockets upward in an instant, the acceleration pushing you into your seats. It stops just as suddenly, the armoured expanse of Tokyo-3 filling your viewscreen. Over to the north, in the far distance, you can see the Angel advancing implacably towards the edge of the city. "Umbilical supply active, A10 nerve link engaged. Releasing final restraints." With that, you've been unleashed on the Angel.

Sebastian, Hong and Junko

Your elevators take you a different route, towards the service lift. The bolts lock in, and the platform starts rising at a quick, steady pace. The blinking red lights at the top of the shaft grow closer each second; on the other side of the armoured hatch the Angel awaits.

There's three launch ports and an embarkation point. Antoine, Jenna and Elizabeth took the ports, so they're already on the surface; the others are taking the slower Embarkation Point life and so will arrive turn 2. The Embarkation point lacks umbilical cabling so once you reach the surface you have 5 rounds to plug in.

Captain Bryant

Tachibana taps away at her console. "There's a squadron of Hornets available, I'm calling them in now." The Angel continues its dread march towards the city as the two tank groups move to link up. "Units 01, 03 and 04 are deployed and awaiting orders, sir," Kurosawa reports. Behind you you can hear running, and Seung Gi Han bursts in. "I got, hah, here as fast as I could," he pants, as he walks over to the edge of the command level and rests against it. "Have we confirmed any details of the target beyond its wave pattern?"

You've delayed for a turn so far.

Forums Terrorist fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 23, 2014

• Locked thread