Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Lladre posted:

So the Cosmos apologized for not getting my tickets out to me. So they reprinted them all by hand and included an extra baseball cap.

It may have my letter carrier who just recently got arrested for throwing away peoples mail because he didn't feel like delivering it.

lol

Post That Cap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

Lladre posted:

So the Cosmos apologized for not getting my tickets out to me. So they reprinted them all by hand and included an extra baseball cap.

It may have my letter carrier who just recently got arrested for throwing away peoples mail because he didn't feel like delivering it.

Not sure which of these I like more.

Woop woop almost the first weekend of games!

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
Not sure what to expect on Saturday. I'm not even sure who will be starting. I do know I am excited about it though.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Not bad caps. Tickets are all in individual envelopes instead of a the tear out booklet you normally get.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

I think I might have to check out a couple of Ottawa games this year

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
ESPN signed an agreement with NASL to stream one game per week on ESPN3. The week 1 game they are showing is Indy - Carolina tomorrow night.

http://www.nasl.com/article/uuid/52f6lwk2utcy15ltdj5evsxgj/espn3-to-show-nasl-match-of-the-week#.U0iBmK1dXnq

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)
There is a new NASL app

Also Android http://www.nasl.com/article/uuid/w9sp1f8lplrt14d0esvxecaaq/download-nasl-app#.U0mzAK69LCT

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

trem_two posted:

ESPN signed an agreement with NASL to stream one game per week on ESPN3. The week 1 game they are showing is Indy - Carolina tomorrow night.

http://www.nasl.com/article/uuid/52f6lwk2utcy15ltdj5evsxgj/espn3-to-show-nasl-match-of-the-week#.U0iBmK1dXnq

I can't get this to work because ESPN3 seems to be having issues :negative:

Edit: Working now

pik_d fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Apr 13, 2014

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Your first goal of the NASL season goes to Rafael Alves of Fort Lauderdale.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I can kinda understand it because it's their first game ever, but the guy helping commentate on ESPN3 is completely open that he's affiliated with Indy Eleven, but what I don't get is that he's saying Indy is totally dominating possession and the game and I just don't see that.

Fake Edit: Nice dive Indy Eleven Player

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

We are Orlando City. We are a bit poo poo.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Indy Eleven have scored, Mike Ambersley got it

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Some girl in the supporter's section just threw up all over herself. MLS here we come.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

corrado to ambersley for the first goal, that's appropriate for what is effectively an IU pro team

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Oh I didn't realize ESPN is just broadcasting something called MyIndyTV, carry on with full Indy Eleven bias :tipshat:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

GOL 1-1

Zack Schilawski heading a beautiful Ty Shipalane cross in

Edit: Lol Indy should have scored two times in a few minutes there

pik_d fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 13, 2014

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
The mighty Indy Eleven get their first boring draw of the season! In front of Eleven Thousand fans no less!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

awyeahz posted:

The mighty Indy Eleven get their first boring draw of the season! In front of Eleven Thousand fans no less!

Game and tailgate were fuckin awesome. You can definitely tell that both teams are lower league teams in crappy start-of-season form, but I had a blast. Indy probably should have won, but getting a draw vs one of the better NASL teams isn't something I'll complain about. I will complain about the price of beer and the fact that I had to stand in line for 30 loving minutes, though!

PS check your Facebook homie

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Nice crowd, that.

Orlando wins 1-0. Hertzog runs a lot but can't score. Oh well.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Nice crowd, that.

Announced attendance was 11,048. I had a hard time believing how many people actually showed up, it was nuts. I'm pretty sure every seat was filled!

There are still lots of tickets available for the rest of the games, but I'm pretty sure that selling out this game plus having 6 or 7 thousand season ticket holders has bought them enough time to put a good squad together.

camoseven fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 13, 2014

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

The Indy game was fun, and with one notable exception the Brickyard people were really cool and generous towards us.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

NASL LIVE app didn't work on my android. Just got Scorpion logo over and over and over no actual game.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

c0ldfuse posted:

NASL LIVE app didn't work on my android. Just got Scorpion logo over and over and over no actual game.

You missed two phenomenal goals I'm sure you've seen by now.

I was happy with the team playing well a man down, they just couldn't put it together in the final third.

Borrajo is so good.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

Suqit posted:

You missed two phenomenal goals I'm sure you've seen by now.

I was happy with the team playing well a man down, they just couldn't put it together in the final third.

Borrajo is so good.

I also saw a third goal which was apparently disallowed though I didn't see why?

The turn by Ramirez was a thing of loving beauty. Rarely get to see that quality at NASL level, hopefully it's indicative of the continued improvement across the league.

It really is a completely different league than 5 years ago. Woooweee there was some terrible soccer back then.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

c0ldfuse posted:

I also saw a third goal which was apparently disallowed though I didn't see why?

The turn by Ramirez was a thing of loving beauty. Rarely get to see that quality at NASL level, hopefully it's indicative of the continued improvement across the league.

It really is a completely different league than 5 years ago. Woooweee there was some terrible soccer back then.

Ref blew the whistle for kicking the keeper which definitely didn't happen and it should have been allowed. lol owned

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
gently caress yes I love internet commentators. Not censoring names cause it's all on public pages, and also because gently caress the haters. Everyone (including the media) is using tie instead of draw and it's really grating on me!

Soccer's not a REAL SPORT, you fuckin euro queers. And Kleberson is 10 years older than Adu, but sure, whatever:

The general theme of news story comments was ties are dumb, and we shouldn't give money to build them a stadium because AMERICA:

Goddamn hipsters ruining everything:

The IUPUI teams will still play there, and will benefit from having a shitload of money poured into maintaing the field and the stadium. Students weren't allowed to play there without special permission, anyway, but the 500 students who don't just drive in from the suburbs and leave immediately after class will be devastated, I guess:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Apparently telling people you are giving away a limited amount of tshirts makes everyone show up early. Where were these people on free Sepp mustache day.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I missed seeing today's game after I had mechanical issues on a bike ride, but it appears thats Atlanta/Wynalda's coaching innovations aren't quite paying off yet.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I'm confused by this;

quote:

Oklahoma City Energy - soon to be replaced by an NASL team

The Energy haven't even played their first official game. Are they not going to be in this league anymore? We just bought season tickets :smith:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'm confused by this;

The Energy haven't even played their first official game. Are they not going to be in this league anymore? We just bought season tickets :smith:

Oklahoma City's in line for an NASL team, and NASL is a bigger deal than USL Pro, so I connected the dots.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

CaptainYesterday posted:

Oklahoma City's in line for an NASL team, and NASL is a bigger deal than USL Pro, so I connected the dots.

Ahh, cool. Didn't realize we might be going to NASL. :respek:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

trem_two posted:

I missed seeing today's game after I had mechanical issues on a bike ride, but it appears thats Atlanta/Wynalda's coaching innovations aren't quite paying off yet.

Atlanta were playing pretty dirty. I like how's the linesman gets them a yellow card against or goalie in the eight minute for elbowing a guy behind him in the face on a corner. Our goalie had some great saves that game.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

After Saturday night's game in San Antonio, all I have to say is: eat poo poo Howard Cornfield :laugh:

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

(Jozy not pictured here)

Crazy Ted posted:

After Saturday night's game in San Antonio, all I have to say is: eat poo poo Howard Cornfield :laugh:

Maybe you could say something about the actual game played?

San Antonio did a really good job with possession even after going down a man, but they never really did anything with it. Obviously a lot of credit goes to the Minnesota back line; they were very well organized and effective. That red card was frustrating. For those that didn't see, the ball was bouncing high, Julius James of the Scorpions went to clear it with his head and Tiago Calvano of United put his foot in his face. James got pissed and pushed him to the ground. That started a nice fracas and James got a straight red. Calvano a yellow.

But both goals were really impressive. Pitchkolan put a ball right to Christian Ramirez's chest. His back was to the goal, he chested it to his left, turned and volleyed it hard into the upper corner. It was fantastic control and a great turn and shot, especially considering he had a man right on his back, I'm pretty sure it was Adrian Cann. Then Cann with another foul just outside the box which led to a sublime free kick goal from Kevin Venegas.

Hopefully SA gets their poo poo together and starts creating some more chances. It's a little disconcerting too that our new captain and central defender was the culprit on the goals...

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'm confused by this;

Dirk Pitt posted:

Ahh, cool. Didn't realize we might be going to NASL. :respek:

I hope the Energy pan out. I've been surprised by the interest level in a soccer club so far in the city. Hell, my wife wants to go to games and I can barely drag her to watch the Thunder play.

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.

Suqit posted:

Maybe you could say something about the actual game played?

San Antonio did a really good job with possession even after going down a man, but they never really did anything with it. Obviously a lot of credit goes to the Minnesota back line; they were very well organized and effective. That red card was frustrating. For those that didn't see, the ball was bouncing high, Julius James of the Scorpions went to clear it with his head and Tiago Calvano of United put his foot in his face. James got pissed and pushed him to the ground. That started a nice fracas and James got a straight red. Calvano a yellow.

But both goals were really impressive. Pitchkolan put a ball right to Christian Ramirez's chest. His back was to the goal, he chested it to his left, turned and volleyed it hard into the upper corner. It was fantastic control and a great turn and shot, especially considering he had a man right on his back, I'm pretty sure it was Adrian Cann. Then Cann with another foul just outside the box which led to a sublime free kick goal from Kevin Venegas.

Hopefully SA gets their poo poo together and starts creating some more chances. It's a little disconcerting too that our new captain and central defender was the culprit on the goals...

I mean that red card was frustrating in that it's ridiculous that James responded that way.
It's loving preposterous to shove a player down and get on top of them like he did. Well deserved red.

I was impressed by the intensity SAS showed but I also was shocked at how hard MNUFC parked the bus.
I think a big function of that intensity was the fact we didn't counter with aggressive possession.
To end at 52% posession on a 11v10 is pretty weak, but not surprising considering how reserved we chose to play in the end.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Two bits of totally unrelated Atlanta news....

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Do over Ham posted:

Two bits of totally unrelated Atlanta news....
Garber's just breaking them in early.

From what I understand, the ban was for more than just conduct during the Soccer Bowl last year, but a bunch of little stuff during 2013 play too. Probably "swearing" and things like that.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Crazy Ted posted:

Garber's just breaking them in early.

From what I understand, the ban was for more than just conduct during the Soccer Bowl last year, but a bunch of little stuff during 2013 play too. Probably "swearing" and things like that.

Being thugs, trying to start fights, stealing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~

Indy Eleven still undefeated! The Brickyard Battalion was in full voice for a thrilling come-from-behind 1-1 draw. We had a sellout crowd of 10,421 during a Pacers playoff home game. Kleberson had a few curvy shots on goal (he played for Brazil you know), and there was plenty of weirdness like bringing Don Smart on in the 93rd minute for some reason.

• Locked thread