Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
It's the morning of a new day. Three days have passed since the attack, and calm has returned to Daybreak, to a degree. People are getting their affairs in order, and an industrious few have even started to rebuild the broken homes. The attack was swift, and vicious, but the orcs were not particularly destructive or bloodthirsty – people died, but they're almost all those who took up arms, and the number of dead orcs outnumber them still. Homes got raided and farms were trampled, but there was comparatively little fire. Most homes were preserved to a degree. But the fact remains that they attacked – without reason or provocation – and the people demand justice.

Ezra has summoned you to the forest path leading north, just outside of town. It won't take you far – there's no road into the mountains proper – but for now it'll be easy travels, at least. The young elf looks reserved, but there's a lingering sadness in her blue eyes, a reflection of the tragedy still so fresh in everybody's minds. “Thank you for answering the call, all of you,” she says, inclining her head, “I know that some of you have a less personal stake in this than others, but no matter the reasons, the work you are doing will bring peace back to Daybreak; of that, I have no doubt.”

She takes a step closer for a moment, approaching each of you in turn. “To you, Girl of the Woods, I bring the gratitude of Daybreak. Your neutrality will be valuable in negotiations, and your knowledge of the forest and martial prowess will keep the others safe and on the path. “ A gentle touch to Keelie's shoulder, and Ezra moves on.

“To you, master Arderne, I come with hope. There are few among us who match your wisdom and breadth of expertise among the Studies, and that knowledge will come in handy when it comes to dealing with the orcs, and pressing them for answers.” Bowing briefly to the wizard, she steps to the side, facing the solemn draconian.

“To you, Palivir, I come with shared grief. The disappearance of your daughter symbolizes all our loss, and your determination to get her back will see this mission through to the end.” She pauses, briefly, a moment of silence for a loss. “Rest assured that your remaining family will be in good hands while you are gone, and we will not stop our search parties – just in case Jaela has not been taken by the orcs, or managed to escape.”

Kneeling a little to level her gaze with Rickman's, the sorceress takes his hand. “To you, Stalt, I come with happiness. That such courage and keen perception would come under such an innocent guise was a veritable miracle. Your actions saved many lives, and I hope that this mission will do the same.” Ezra smiles with gentle warmth as she says this, lingering like that for a short moment, before rising again.

“And to you, Miren, spirit-child, I come with a warning. I know that the spirits are with you, and that they have given you warnings we chose not to heed. It was foolish, in hind-sight. But hind-sight is always clearest, and I therefore warn you in turn, now; you know that the spirits are as fickle as the changing wind. Take care not to listen to them too closely.” With those final words, she steps back.

As Ezra brings her hands together, there's a sudden blast of cold wind that blows back your hair and clothes. A bright, white light forms within the space between, and washes over you. As the wind subsides, you feel energized and optimistic, as if the wind lifted your spirits. “This is my final blessing for you. May your steps be swift and sure. And come back safely." With that, she folds her hands in front of herself, waiting patiently as she sees you off. You have a long journey ahead of you. The city of Huaca can be reached in two days if you know the ways, but the mountains are treacherous at best, and murderous if the weather is against you. But the hope of the people rests on your shoulders, now. You can't fail.

Welcome to Daybreak! Standard pbp rules apply - regular text for IC, cursive for OOC. Bold your names at the head of each post. Post your own token and combat block in your first post, and add your combat block to each combat post. Use Tokentool to make one, if you don't have it! Campaign name for Orokos rolls will be Daybreak.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Palivir

"Hrm...got my cloak...dagger...let's give gear a last check." Palivir muttered to himself, as he prepared to depart. His wife, Nevirti, was helping pack.

"You have your notes? There's paper all over the table there."

"Aye, the ones I need, anyway. Those are merchant routes, outdated by now."

"Poison supplies?"

"Hrm...not here, where's the kit?"

"Just take mine, I'll look for yours later."

As she rolled the last bit of rope into his pack, Nevirti turned to look at her husband.

"Who else is going? Vigo hasn't made like he's heading off anytime soon."

"Aye, he's staying in case something else comes to harass the town. It's just a few of us headed over to Huaca."

"What's the plan?"

"Diplomacy."

She sighed, pacing the room nervously. "Pal...just bring her home. Whatever else is happening with these orcs, I want my daughter."

"I know, love, I know...I'm sure she's fine, she's tough & sharp...alright, as ready as can be I suppose. We're supposed to meet with Ezra before we set off."

"Alright...shadow guard you, my love."

----------------------

After Ezra's well-wishes, Palivir turned to rest of the group. "Alright, if no one else has anything more pressing, I'd like to get on the road to find my kid."

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 22, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

Miren hears Ezra's words to her as if the sorceress spoke with Miren's own voice. She turns the words over with her tongue, tasting them. She did secretly fear that a day would come when the spirits would turn on her, or when they would become too much to handle. For now, though, she's the one holding the knife. She puts it out of her mind and starts heading on down the road. "Yes." She responds to Palivir without turning back. "We should go now. The faster we make Huaca, the better." Pausing, she looks over her shoulder at the group for emphasis. "I fear discord among the orcs. As should we all."

pre:
Miren Lerege   						 
HP: 61/61 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 10/10 (V: 15)    For:  21    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  22    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 20    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Primordial
Resist: 5 psychic

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Eldritch Blast          [ ] Master's Eye                     [ ] Tyranny of Flame
Dire Radiance           [ ] Void Assumption                  [ ] Hellsworn Blessing
Fate of the Void        [ ] Evil Eye of the Vistani          [ ] Ritual Sacrifice 
Warlock's Curse         [ ] Pandorym's Cry
                        [ ] Ethereal Stride
                        [ ] Worms
                        [ ] Maggot Conduit

Item Powers
[ ] Quickcurse Rod (Encounter)
[ ] Armor of Dark Majesty (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, you receive a +1 bonus to 
ranged attack rolls against that target. 
Shadow Walk: During your turn, if you move 3 or more squares away from where you started your turn, 
you gain partial concealment until the end of your next turn. 
Cultist: While bloodied, gain a +1 power bonus to Fort and Will.
Empty Mind: When an enemy hits you with an attack that targets your Will or deals psychic damage to you,
that enemy takes 5 psychic damage.
Hidden Sniper: If you have partial concealment against a target, you gain combat advantage against it 
with your ranged attacks.
Bloodied Boon: You can choose to gain your pact boon when an enemy you curse is first bloodied. If you do 
so, you remove your curse from that enemy.
Armor of Dark Majesty: Gain +2 to defenses against enemies under your warlock's curse.

Wol fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 23, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

Bowing to Ezra as she blessed the group, Oliver gestured to his cart, prepared to leave at a moments notice. "Come, Khan shall deliver us to the orcs, fresh and prepared. I will be driving, but there is space for three others. Kaiser! Check the supplies." Appearing from behind Oliver, the small imp clambers onto the cart and begins checking the chests, while Oliver casually works through identifying the magic Ezra used on the group. Kaiser pops up from within one of the chests on the cart, crying out "Yeah boss, stuff's packed good!" before disappearing in a puff of smoke. "Very well! Thus prepared we shall go forth content we stand ready for the challenges ahead!" Oliver exclaimed as he climbed onto the driver's seat.

Arcana ID the blessing subtly.: 1d20+15 20

pre:
Oliver Arderne   						 
HP: 50/50 (THP: )        AC:   24    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 9/9 (V: 12)      For:  18    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +5   	Ref:  22    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	        Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Goblin, Dwarven, Elven

At Will			            Encounter			              Daily
Winged Horde                        [ ] Hobgoblin Discipline                  [ ] Summon Fire Warrior
Storm Pillar                        [ ] Charm of Misplaced Wrath               [+] Watery Sphere
Familiar: Tome Caddy                [ ] Use Vulnerability                     [ ] Summon Magma Beast    
Mage Hand                           [ ] Pinioning Vortex                       [+] Bigby's Icy Grasp
Light                               [ ] Tomebound Ooze                         [+] Feather Fall
Mystical Debris                     [ ] Suggestion                            [ ] Conjure Fortification
                                    [ ] Chameleon's Mask
                                     [+] Dispel Magic
                                    [ ] Tome of Binding

Item Powers
Currently none

Conditionals/Resists:
Echo Tome: +1 to attacks against Reflex
Indomitable Resolve Armor: +2 to Will while Bloodied
Phalanx Soldier: +1 to AC while adjacent to ally using shield while using shield
Cloak of Distortion: +1 all Def against attacks from more than 5 squares away
Tome Expert: Enemies adjacent to my conjurations/summons grant CA
Tome Caddy: While active I can wield tomes without using hands and summons adjacent to the Caddy get +2 damage
Magma Symbiosis: While Magma Beast is out, can shift 2 squares as a move action 
and enemies hit with my At-Will spells cannot shift until EoNT.

Summon Stats
Fire Warrior
HP: 25/25 Def: 27/21/23/18 Speed: Fly 6 (Hover)
Attack: Melee 1 targets one creature, Int vs Ref; 1d8+Int fire damage, can be used to OA

Magma Beast
HP: 25/25 Def: 25/19/23/18 Speed: 4 (8 while charging) Resist 5 Fire
Attack: Melee 1 targets one creature, Int vs Ref; 1d10+Int fire damage, 
target takes 5 ongoing fire and slowed (save ends both)
Intrinsic:If not given command during turn attacks adjacent creature,
if there's no adjacent creature charges nearest creature and does above attack.
If nothing is in charge range, move speed toward nearest creature. Oliver is then slowed until EoNT.

Tome Caddy
HP: 1 Def:24/18/22/17 Speed: 6
Can't be more then 20 squares from me. Can't Flank. Is Tiny. Adjacent Summons (just mine) get +2 to damage rolls

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Mar 26, 2014

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Stalt took another look around the remains of his small shop. Casting through the detritus in a distracted manner, stooping to turn over pieces of burned wood, or shiny bits of glass to check to see if anything of value had survived. With a long sigh he finally ends his task and turns to the heavyset dwarf holding the few trinkets that had survived the tradegy.

"It feels wrong, Morind, looking for trinkets in the rubble while others mourn their lost loved ones." He addresses his friend.

"Well lad, look at this way, you did what you could 'ken? And now you have to pick up your own pieces. Literally in this case."

The dwarf looks at the small pile of trinkets and hands them to Stalt and smiles. "I can get you a pint afore you go right?"

Stalt stows the small black vial and packet of chalks carefully then turns to his friend, patting him on the shoulder. "I think we have to be moving fast... Ezra wants us to meet her at the edge of town, and I can see the others gathering up there already. You can buy me one when I get back, and I will have a few new stories to tell you when I do." He smiles again and takes a last look at the space where his store had stood the past few years. "The grounds yours, build something good here"

Morind Stormhair was an old friend of the halfling, the dwarf had originally ended up in Daybreak when his fathers trade caravan had passed through the town years ago. At the time he felt enamored with the place and had returned a few years later to setup shop as a sort of unofficial ambassador to his people. Stalt was fairly certain he friend was more than that, with late night visits from other dwarves occurring on a monthly basis. But he had never done anything suspicious as far as the halfling was concerned, and his people certainly had never raided the village. Mostly the dwarf could be found at the inn selling stories for drinks and Stalt had managed to get Morind to teach him his native tongue by drinking with him often enough. Before leaving he had signed over his ownership of the land that his store had stood on, in the event that he didn't return from his journey, and the dwarf had agreed to rebuild something in that spot.

Stalt waits with the others after the blessing, his infamously bad tempered llama idly cudding at the end of it's lead. He eyes up the others in the group, a motley crew if ever there was one. But they all had skills that Ezra felt would be useful, and she hadn't made any poor leadership decisions up till now. Unless you count ignoring the warnings that girl said the spirits had given her.

"Oliver was it? Let the others ride in the cart, I can keep up on Bastard here." He grins and spends a minute or so fussing with the animal, managing not to get nipped or stepped on out of long familiarity. The llama snorts when he finally mounts.

"Are we ready to go? I agree with the girl, we should get moving sooner rather than later"

pre:
Stalt   						 
HP: 53/53 (THP: )         AC:   25    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 12/12 (V: 10)     For:  20    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Dwarven

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Brash Assault                           [ ] Second Chance               [ ] Lamb to the Slaughter
Direct the Strike                       [ ][ ] Inspiring Word           [ ] Stand the Fallen
                                        [ ] Vengance is Mine                     
                                        [ ] Shielding Retaliation
                                        [ ] Provoke Overextention
                                        [ ] Knights Move

Item Powers
[ ] Dwarven Armour (Daily)
[ ] Casque of Tactics (Daily)
[ ] Acrobat Boots (At-Will)
[ ] Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments (Consumable)
[ ] Vial of Darkness (Consumable)

Conditionals/Resists:
Lost in the Crowd: Grants +2 AC when adjacent to 2+ larger enemies
Bold: +5 to saving throws against fear
Nimble Reaction: +2 to AC against Opportunity Attacks
Bravura Presence: Ally who sees you who spends an action point to take an action and attack 
can use this: on hit, ally can make a basic attack or take move; on miss, ally grants 
combat advantage until end of next turn.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift 1 sq, or gain +2 to AC and Reflex until start of his 
next turn when you target him with power that lets him spend a healing surge
Harlequin Style: Augment Brash Assault: Against the target of this exploit you gain a bonus
to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+3) until the start of your next turn.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 23, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Keelie

Keelie nods, her thick and shining black hair bouncing. "Let's be off. I need to attend to one small thing along the way: a doe in the next valley is giving birth today." While the others get ready, Keelie crouches, her eyes closed, listening to the birds and animals around her. "I will walk: I would not be certain a cart could travel this entire distance. You may wish to rethink your plans, Oliver."

pre:
Keelie   						 
HP: 71/71 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 10/10 (V: 17)    For:  21    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 21    Vision: None

Warden's Fury          [ ] Warden's Sacrifice               [ ] Form Of The Willow Sentinel ([ ] Attack)
Warden's Grasp         [ ] Strongskin Clash                 [ ] Nature Sense
Thorn Strike           [ ] Sheltering Storm                 [ ] Wellspring Strike    
Resilience Of Life     [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Set Determination

Item Powers
[ ] Vengeful Longsword (Encounter)
[ ] Battleforged Shield (Daily)
[ ] Boots Of Free Movement (Encounter)
[ ] Amulet Of Life (Encounter)
[ ] Bracers of Respite (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists:
Boots Of Free Movement: +2 to saving throws against effects that apply the immobilized, slowed, or restrained condition.
Continue The Story: +1 to saving throws against death. 
When Keelie makes an Endurance check, she may roll twice and use either result.
Deadly Draw: When Keelie pulls or slides an enemy adjacent to her, 
she gains combat advantage against that enemy until the end of her next turn.
Font of Life: At the start of her turn, Keelie may make a saving throw against one effect that a save may end. 
On a save, she is able to act normally (if stunned or dazed), and takes no damage from ongoing damage effects.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against opportunity attacks.
Lifespirit: When Keelie uses her second wind, 
an ally within 5 squares may spend a healing surge and make a saving throw.
Lifespirit Vigor: Can grant a saving throw to a second ally within 5 squares when Keelie uses her second wind.
Nature's Wrath: May mark all adjacent enemies as a free action once per turn.
Stoneroot's Endurance: When Keelie is subjected to a critical hit, roll a d20. 
On a 10 or higher, it is a normal hit, not a critical hit.
Superior Will: If Keelie is stunned or dazed, 
she can make a saving throw to end that effect at the beginning of her turn, even if the effect does not normally allow a save.
The Tables Are Turned: When Keelie uses her second wind, 
she gains combat advantage on any enemies flanking her, and being flanked does not cause her to grant combat advantage. 
This lasts until the end of her next turn.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

Oliver brushes aside Keelie's warning, "Yes, it's quite likely we'll encounter an obstacle the cart cannot pass during this journey. Perhaps it shall be within moments of leaving, or at the end of our quest. It would be a shame to lose such a reliable thing but it would allow us more options to continue traveling if we are beset by problems, and if we must abandon it to continue we shall."

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
And with that, the journey is on. Ezra waves you off as you go, then heads back to the town below. Some ride; some choose to walk. The weather's pleasant enough for both, at any rate, and the forest is peaceful, a stark contrast from the past few days of turmoil and hassle. It gives you time to collect your thoughts, speculate on the journey ahead, and mourn those you've lost, in the relative solitude of eachother's company. Keelie's destination reached soon enough. After about half an hour's travel, she indicates this is where she needs to stop, and heads into the underbrush. It's a little ways off the path, but most of you don't mind the small diversion, and Kaiser is clever enough to watch Khan and the cart for whatever might try to snatch anything.

The doe has rested herself in a sheltered spot. Though she accepts Keelie's swift assistance, she eyes the rest of you with nervous fretting noises, but can't move to escape - and from the warden's reassurances, she calms down well enough. The birth is, fortunately, no complex matter, and it is not long before new life is born into the world - a small, slender fawn, standing on shaky legs. Miren notices some of the spirits being particularly quiet and at peace; it seems even they respect the sanctity of new life. Settling the fawn near its mother, Keelie cleans up, then nods to the rest of you. It's time to go.

On the way back, when you've almost reached the path again, Keelie suddenly halts everyone. She hears something off in the distance, a ways into the forest in another direction, but it's faint. As everyone goes quiet, and listens, you can't quite make it out, but it almost sounds like somebody's...crying?

Wahad fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 24, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

"It would be an ill omen to leave such malaise behind us. Especially if we plan to come back this way." Miren offers as explanation before creeping toward the noise. She doesn't quite trust it - it could be some sort of foul trickster or unholy beast luring them into a trap.

Stealthily getting closer, trying to figure out if it's a genuine noise or magically created: Stealth 1d20+8 = 17, Arcana 1d20+12 = 24

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

"Irregardless I doubt Palivir would allow us to go on without ensuring the source was not his daughter. It would be great fortune if she was here, alone and afraid, instead of within the grasp of orcs." Running his hand down his face, Oliver takes on hues and colors of the forest and follows Miren with soft steps, all the while peering ahead to see the cause of the noise.

Chameleon to sneak with Miren: 1d20+15 22

Perception check: 1d20+3 17

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Having had time to think and study the effects underway, Oliver finally figures out the workings of Ezra's blessing.

pre:
Ezra's Frostwind Step
Boon
Duration: Seven days
Property: You can walk on water at half-speed. 
If you get pulled, pushed, or slid, you can also shift 1 square in the same direction as your last moved square, 
if there are no obstacles.
Meanwhile, Miren figures out pretty quickly that the crying is real, even as she moves closer. She's not particularly quiet, but as the crying grows louder, whoever is so grief-stricken is too preoccupied to notice her. Oliver follows suit, and through the shelter of a thick underbrush, spies ahead into the clearing. What he sees is - unfortunately - not Jaela.

Sat upon a low branch is - what you think, at first - a large growth. But the growth moves, and the crying is clearly emanating from it. Oliver concludes that the creature must be a dryad, a tree-nymph. Another moving growth of wood emerges from the tree she's sat on, this one more slender and purposeful. "Hush, now, sister. We'll find the one responsible. It'll be alright, I promise," she says, touching the crying fey gently on the leg.

Miren tries to creep closer, to get a better angle on the pair, but snaps a loose twig underfoot. Immediately, the slender dryad swivels around, green eyes glaring in your direction. "Despoilers!" she cries, loud enough for the others to hear, as the fingers on her hands start growing to long, menacing claws, "If you've come to finish the job, you'll find us not so easy to catch off-guard! Face me, cowards!"

Wahad fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 24, 2014

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Palivir

"The hell is all the racket about..." Palivir muttered to himself. Skulking toward the disturbance, he finds the tree-folk engaged in a stand-off of sorts with his comrades.

"Hey now, no need to let this get out of hand...we're traveling from Daybreak to Huaca, if that means anything to you, and we've only been journeying a short while. What's happened to make you cross?"

Diplomacy, if needed: 12

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

Keelie slowly walks towards the pair, her hands held up, palms empty. "You know me - you've seen me, smelled me, heard me. I am not your enemy, women of the trees, and these are not your enemies either. We come in peace."

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Stalt had been content to wait by the roadside while the others snuck through the undergrowth towards the sounds of the weeping. The sudden clamor and shouting from within the trees causes him to spring into action and he blunders through the brush towards the disturbance. He takes in the scene with a quick glance and after a second interjects.

"Hoi there woodthing, we but live less than an hours travel up the road from this clearing. Nobody has called me a despoiler before! Are you sure you have the right folk? Can we talk about this?"

Rolling diplomacy just in case, and to make sure I get how the dice roller works: 16

Edit: If people want to use my battlefront shift please just ask for it!

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 25, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The dryad starts forward on Palivir, murder in her eyes, but Keelie's soft words stop her. Behind her, the crying dryad looks up, as well. "Oh, Keelie! It's horrible! They scarred my - " but as Stalt comes crashing through the underbrush and blunders into the conversation, the slender fey shrieks.

"Wood-thing?!" she roars, staring in disbelief at the path of snapped twig and crushed leaves the halfing left in his wake, "I have had enough of this disrespect! You will all pay!" She lets out a horrible, inhuman cry, and from nearby bushes, two giant centipedes come crawling out. High above, you can hear another cry, as if from a bird, respond to the dryad's.

The crying dryad gathers herself, sniffling lightly. "I'm sorry, Keelie. I'll try to make it painless." You've got a fight on your hands!

pre:
Name            Init  Pos   HP      AC  Fort  Ref  Will

Miren		23    M9    61/61   21  21    22   20
Palivir         22    N15   53/53   21  14    20   18
Oliver          21    N12   50/50   24  18    22   17
Dryad Witch     20    E14   84/84   22  18    20   22
Stalt	        18    L8    53/53   25  20    18   19
Dryad Hunter	18    I14   82/82   21  20    20   18
Centipedes	17    H9    60/60   19  15    17   18
		17    G18   60/60   19  15    17   18
Keelie		16    L15   71/71   23  21    19   21
Miren, Palivir, and Oliver are up!

Trees provide cover and block line of sight.
Dark green squares are bushes - they are difficult terrain and provide concealment.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Palivir

"*Sigh*...Every moment we waste with you is time wasted, Dryad. Let's end this quickly."

Battlefront Shift from Stalt: Shift to K-14, gain Concealment (Shadow Walk), Stealth Check to Hide (Cunning Sneak): 21

"Now then," he whispered to himself as he licked at his blade, coating it in poison, "time to see how rusty the life of a farmer's made me."

Minor: Toxic Saliva

Free Action: Assassin's Shroud on Hunter

Standard: Sly Flourish vs Hunter's AC (Invoking Shroud): 34, 30 damage + Slowed (Save Ends). (28+Toxic Saliva)

Move: to L-16, Stealth: 30

pre:
Palivir   						 
HP: 53/53 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 6/6 (V: 13)      For:  14    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +9   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6, Fly 6   	 Will: 18    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Draconic

Sly Flourish		[] Assassin's Strike		     [] Spinning Blade Leap		
Poisoned Dagger		[] Smoke Bomb			     [] Carrion Crawler Brain Juice
Garrote Strangle	[] Low Slash			     [] Acidic Revenge
			[] Shrouding Gloom
			[] Spiteful Glamor
			[x] Toxic Saliva
			[] Skulking Spy
			[x][] Assassin's Shroud	

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Cloak of Distortion: +1 to defenses vs Ranged attacks from >5 squares.

Ghost Strike Ki Focus: Melee attacks ignore Insubstantial if target grants CA.

Murderous Eye: Gain CA against slowed, immobilized, or weakened enemies.

Shadow Walk: During your turn, if you move 3 or more squares away from where you started your turn, 

Ki Focus Expertise: +1 damage vs Bloodied targets.

Alertness: Cannot be surprised.

Sneak Attack: +2d6 damage with Rogue powers vs enemies granting CA.

Attack Finesse: +1d8 damage with basic attacks and Assassin powers.

Active Effects:
Partial Concealment, Hidden (Stealth: 30)

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 25, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

"My curses are not meant for you, dryads. I do not wish you harm...but I will defend myself." She points her rod at the nearest centipede and mutters a dire incantation. The creature shirks as a bond is formed between the two, a contract arbitrated by dark spirits. Even with its animal intelligence, it knows better than to move closer. Miren follows up with a simple bolt of magic. Basic as the spell is, it's more than enough to hurt.

Minor: Evil Eye of the Vistani. Ranged 10 Charm attack vs. Will: target H9 Centipede (28, hit). UEoMNT, the target grants me CA and cannot willingly move closer to me.
Minor: Place Warlock's Curse on centipede.
Standard: Eldritch Blast. Ranged 10 attack vs. Ref: target H9 Centipede[+CA] (26, hit). H9 Centipede takes 21 damage.

As a reminder, I have Armour of Dark Majesty. I gain +2 to defenses against enemies under your warlock's curse.

pre:
Miren Lerege   						 
HP: 61/61 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 19
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  22    Action Points: 1

Eldritch Blast          [ ] Master's Eye                     [ ] Tyranny of Flame
Dire Radiance           [ ] Void Assumption                  [ ] Hellsworn Blessing
Fate of the Void        [X] Evil Eye of the Vistani          [ ] Ritual Sacrifice 
Warlock's Curse         [ ] Pandorym's Cry
                        [ ] Ethereal Stride
                        [ ] Worms
                        [ ] Maggot Conduit

Item Powers
[ ] Quickcurse Rod (Encounter)

Conditionals/Resists:
Prime Shot: If none of your allies are nearer to your target than you are, you receive a +1 bonus to 
Empty Mind: When an enemy hits you with an attack that targets your Will or deals psychic damage to you,
Hidden Sniper: If you have partial concealment against a target, you gain combat advantage against it 
Bloodied Boon: You can choose to gain your pact boon when an enemy you curse is first bloodied. If you do 
Armor of Dark Majesty: Gain +2 to defenses against enemies under your warlock's curse.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

Oliver returns to his normal colors as he raises his hand. "Kaiser! My tome you lazy cretin!" Bursting forth from nowhere, tome clutched in his arms, Kaiser cackles "Yeah boss got it! Teach 'em a lesson!" The tome flies open, with the flutter of rapidly turning pages as Oliver performs arcane gestures with his free hand. "If you wish to pick fights over imagined slights, then you better be prepared for the consequences!" With a low hum, a gash in reality appears, heat billowing out like a furnace. Magma spills forth from the tear, forming a vague shape of a head and limbs. "Burn," the mass intones in Primordial. Suddenly a mass of green slime flings itself from the tome, streaking by the dryad as the attack goes wide. Sliding forward at great speed the magma, the magma swings at the Dryad but is anticipated and dodged! "Ahahaha whatta display boss that'll learn 'em!" chuckles the imp.

Free Action: Monster Knowledge Nature: 1d20+8 23 for Dryad Hunter
Free Action: Use Vulnerability, if I pass the monster knowledge check I get +4 to Def and +5 Damage against Dryad Hunter until EoNT
Minor: Call Familiar, Kaiser placed in M11
Minor: Summon Magma Beast, Summoned to L13.
Standard: Tomebound Ooze vs Reflex against D Hunter: 1d20+12 14 4d8+7 26 Miss
Intrinsic: Magma Beast received no orders, no adjacent creatures, charges nearest valid creature, Dryad Hunter, stopping at J13 Magma Charge Int vs Ref against Dryad Hunter: 1d20+12 17 1d10+7 15 Miss
Oliver is slowed until EoNT!

pre:
Oliver Arderne   						 
Surges: 9/9 (V: 12)      For:  18    Passive Perception: 13

Winged Horde                        [ ] Hobgoblin Discipline                  [ ] Summon Fire Warrior
Storm Pillar                        [ ] Charm of Misplaced Wrath               [+] Watery Sphere
Familiar: Tome Caddy                [-] Use Vulnerability                     [-] Summon Magma Beast    
Mage Hand                           [ ] Pinioning Vortex                       [+] Bigby's Icy Grasp
Light                               [-] Tomebound Ooze                         [+] Feather Fall
Mystical Debris                     [ ] Suggestion                            [ ] Conjure Fortification
                                    [-] Chameleon's Mask
                                     [+] Dispel Magic
                                    [ ] Tome of Binding

Item Powers
Currently none

Conditionals/Resists:
Phalanx Soldier: +1 to AC while adjacent to ally using shield while using shield
Tome Caddy: While active I can wield tomes without using hands and summons adjacent to the Caddy get +2 damage

Summon Stats
Fire Warrior
Attack: Melee 1 targets one creature, Int vs Ref; 1d8+Int fire damage, can be used to OA

Magma Beast
HP: 25/25 Def: 25/19/23/18 Speed: 4 (8 while charging) Resist 5 Fire
If nothing is in charge range, move speed toward nearest creature. Oliver is then slowed until EoNT.

Tome Caddy
Can't be more then 20 squares from me. Can't Flank. Is Tiny. Adjacent Summons (just mine) get +2 to damage rolls

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 26, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The slender dryad glowers at Oliver. "You bring a creature of the Chaos here? You fool! You'll kill us all!" Although she seems like she's about to rant more at you, her companion stops her.

"Peace, sister. They are a lost cause." Gone are her tears, now, the wooden face set in - well, wood, though her voice is soft and tranquil. "Can't you see? They are marked already by the Chaos. We can only give them a quick death, and hope it is not too late." With that, she melts back into the wood - only to reappear near Oliver, stepping from tree like it was but a curtain. "Sleep, mortals. It will not have to be painful." Spreading her hands, Oliver can see pure white flowers appearing on the arms of the creature. She blows softly, and a sweet scent drifts over to Stalt and Oliver. Though Kaiser escapes the dryad's attack thanks to being so tiny, Stalt and Oliver are caught full in the face, and begin to feel drowsy.

Dryad Witch teleports to M13.
Dryad Witch uses a close blast attack against Stalt, Kaiser and Oliver. Stalt and Oliver are dazed (save ends). Stalt uses second chance. The Dryad misses!

Monster Knowledge Check: Dryads can pass through trees and plants with supernatural speed, disappearing into one and reappearing from another in the blink of an eye. Moreover, their magical affinity for plants allows them to play with mortal minds with ease, before rending them asunder with wooden claws. They're quickly offended and are not easy to see reason once they have been slighted. Each dryad, though attuned to all plantlife, has a heartwood tree, its home and hearth. Assaulting a heartwood tree is the easiest way to kill a dryad if you do it properly, but also the easiest way to incur the wrath of others.[/i]

pre:
Name            Init  Pos   HP      AC  Fort  Ref  Will  Pass.Perc.

Palivir         22    L16   53/53   21  14    20   18
Kaiser                M11   01/01   24  18    22   17
Magma Beast           J13   25/25   25  19    23   18
Dryad Witch     20    M13   84/84   22  18    20   22    24
Stalt	        18    L8    53/53   25  20    18   19
Dryad Hunter	18    I14   48/82   21  20    20   18    20
Centipedes	17    H9    39/60   19  15    17   18    21
		17    G18   60/60   19  15    17   18    21
Keelie		16    L15   71/71   23  21    19   21

Conditions:
Miren: +2 defenses against Centipede
Palivir: Stealthed
Oliver: +4 def and +5 damage vs Hunter, Slowed UEOHNY, Dazed (save ends)
Dryad Hunter: Slowed (Save ends), grants CA
Centipede: Can't move closer to Miren, grants CA

Stalt is up!

Trees block line of sight and provide cover.
Bushes are difficult terrain and provide concealment.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Mar 26, 2014

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Stalt nimbly steps around his heavy shield like a bullfighter, letting it take the brunt of the Dryads attack and shaking the aftereffects off quickly. "Stop this madness, you are outmatched and we have no wish to kill you!" He slips around the outside of the Dryad and comes up behind it, jabbing at it with his oddly carved rapier. "We will defend ourselves however!" He yells, trying to distract the creature from attacking Oliver.

Moving to L14 via K12 and K13 to setup a flank with Oliver on the Dryad Witch and attacking her with Brash Assault: 34 which hits.
Damage is: 11

Dryad Witch can now choose to make a melee basic attack against me with combat advantage which I have a +3 to AC against (28), if she does an ally within 5 squares can make a free basic attack in response with combat advantage against the Dryad Witch

"Surrender and we can talk about this!"

If the witch attacks and hits me I want to use Vengeance is Mine on it which will grant me a free MBA and let Oliver use a free move to get away. If it hits him with an opportunity attack this turn I will use Shielding Retaliation on it.

pre:
Stalt   						 
Surges: 13/13 (V: 8)      For:  20    Passive Perception: 13

Brash Assault                           [x] Second Chance               [ ] Lamb to the Slaughter
Direct the Strike                       [ ][ ] Inspiring Word           [ ] Stand the Fallen
                                        [ ] Vengance is Mine                     
                                        [ ] Provoke Overextention
                                        [ ] Knights Move

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:
Bravura Presence: Ally who sees you who spends an action point to take an action and attack 
can use this: on hit, ally can make a basic attack or take move; on miss, ally grants 
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift 1 sq, or gain +2 to AC and Reflex until start of his 
Harlequin Style: Augment Brash Assault: Against the target of this exploit you gain a bonus
to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+3) until the start of your next turn.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 26, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
"Outmatched?" says the dryad quietly, as she rakes wooden claws at Stalt - but he's quick enough to dodge. "Little mortal, you don't even realize the Chaos has its mark on you. How could you ever be perceptive enough to judge a situation to be safe?" Her sister, meanwhile, rakes and slashes at the beast next to her, drawing it away from her sister before disappearing into a tree before it can roast her.

She reappears behind Oliver, whispering hoarsely with rage. "Your magic can not save you now, wizard. I will see you suffer for such an insult to our land." Miren can see the centipede she cursed skittering forward and launching itself straight at the creature Oliver summoned! With a roar, the magma beast crumbles to a small pile of rocks, smoke rising up to the sky and soon blown away in the breeze. The other centipede moves its head around for a while, as if searching for something - before it lunges around the outside of the tree, spraying a soft pink cloud at the shadows near Keelie. With triumphant clacking of its jaws, the centipede lunges into the shadows and bites into Palivir's shoulder, assaulting the dragonborn's mind with its paralyzing venom.

From above, the eagle cries sharply, and the witch smiles at Stalt. "Behold, little mortal." At a gesture, a massive blur of blue crashes through the canopy behind him. The giant eagle screeches, grabbing Keelie in its giant claws before she can react, lifting her up and away before the halfling can react! "Still think you outmatch us now?"

- The Witch attacks Stalt on his turn, but misses! One person other than Stalt can make a basic attack with combat advantage against her. Include it in your next post.
- The Dryad Hunter attacks the Magma Beast for 20 damage! It shifts 4 squares to J18, pulling the beast along to I17. It then teleports through the adjacent tree to O12. It fails it save against the slow.
- Centipede 1 moves to H15 and attacks the Magma Beast for 9 damage. The magma beast perishes, and Oliver loses a healing surge. Centipede 1 then shifts to G17.
- Centipede 2 moves to L17 from around the tree (avoiding OA). It marks Palivir - until the end of the encounter, Palivir grants combat advantage and cannot become hidden from the centipede! It then attacks for 20 damage, and Palivir is dazed and immobilized until the end of the centipede's next turn.
- The Giant Eagle marks Keelie as its prey, then swoops in and grabs her! Its claws deal 14 damage, and it drags Keelie away, flying up into the sky. Stalt makes an OA, but misses! It then tries to bite her with its beak, but Keelie blocks it.

pre:

Palivir         22    L16   33/53   21  14    20   18
Kaiser                M11   01/01   24  18    22   17
Dryad Witch     20    M13   73/84   22  18    20   22    24
Stalt	        18    L14   53/53   25  20    18   19
Dryad Hunter	18    O12   48/82   21  20    20   18    20
Giant Eagle	17    H13   144/144 22  20    18   16    21
Centipedes	17    G17   39/60   19  15    17   18    21
		17    L18   60/60   19  15    17   18    21
Keelie		16    I14   57/71   23  21    19   21

Conditions:
Miren: +2 defenses against Centipede 1
Palivir: Stealthed from everyone but centipede 2, grants CA to it
Oliver: +4 def and +5 damage vs Hunter, slowed
Dryad Hunter: Immobilized (Save ends)
Centipede 1: Can't move closer to Miren, grants CA
Eagle; 15 feet up.
Keelie: Eagle's Prey, Grabbed by Eagle, 15 feet up

Keelie, Miren, Palivir and Oliver are up!

Wahad fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 26, 2014

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Palivir

"Hrm, bold move halfling, but he did make an opening...shame to waste it."

Free Action RBA vs AC: 34, 13 damage

Moments later...

Palivir lets out a cry of pain as the giant centipede tears into his flesh. The venom made his thought...hazy, but old instinct began to take hold, and he lashed out at the creature assaulting him.

Low Slash vs Ref: 18; 13 damage, and the centipede is Slowed until EomnT

The shriek of pain that greets Palivir's blade spurs him to push through the venom's effects, and strike out in a flurry of swipes.

Action Point (Using Stalt's Bravura Presence)

Free Action: Assassin's Shroud vs Centipede 2

Sly Flourish (Invoking Shroud) vs AC: 21; 18 damage.

No Action: Assassin's Strike, 15 damage

Free Basic Attack vs AC: 29; 18 damage.

pre:
Palivir   						 
HP: 33/53 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 13
Initiative: +9   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 0

Sly Flourish		[x] Assassin's Strike		     [] Spinning Blade Leap		
Garrote Strangle	[x] Low Slash			     [] Acidic Revenge
			[] Shrouding Gloom
			[] Spiteful Glamor
			[x] Toxic Saliva
			[] Skulking Spy
			[x][x] Assassin's Shroud	

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Active Effects:
Dazed, Immobilized

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 26, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

Miren comes flying from the bushes, wreathed in shadow. She holds her left hand up in front of her, murmuring as blood oozes from her fist and trickles down her arm. "...flesh and bone of this beast, to the earth I deliver thee." She raises her voice as she finishes her incantation. The centipede doubles over in pain as a horrific screech echoes through its mind. Miren feels a shield form around her - the spirits must have been pleased with her sacrifice. Invigorated, Miren thrusts her hand skyward and places an unbalancing hex on the eagle that snatched up her ally. The eagle suddenly loses the use of its wings, plummeting painfully to the ground. Try as it might to right itself, it finds its legs too awkward and clumsy to gain any traction.

Inspired by Stalt's pluck, Miren decides to risk another attack, firing a bolt of energy at the centipede. It hits home.

Move: to J15, gaining concealment from Shadow Walk
Minor: Use Master's Eye
Standard: Pandorym's Cry. Ranged 5 psychic attack vs. Ref: target G17 Centipede[+CA] (23, hit). G17 Centipede takes 15 psychic damage and is slowed and grants CA UEoMNT. I gain 5 temporary HP.
Free: Place Warlock's Curse on the eagle via Quickcurse Rod
ACTION POINT
Standard: Tyranny of Flame. Ranged 10 fire attack vs. Will: target Eagle[+CA] (27, hit). Eagle takes 17 fire damage and is knocked prone. Eagle cannot stand up from prone (save ends).
BRAVURA
Eldritch Blast. Ranged 10 attack vs. Ref: target G17 Centipede[+CA] (27, hit). G17 Centipede takes 10 damage.

Evil Eye effect ends.

pre:
Miren Lerege   						 
HP: 61/61 (THP:5)        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 19
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  22    Action Points: 0

Eldritch Blast          [X] Master's Eye                     [X] Tyranny of Flame
Fate of the Void        [X] Evil Eye of the Vistani          [ ] Ritual Sacrifice 
Warlock's Curse         [X] Pandorym's Cry
                        [ ] Ethereal Stride
                        [ ] Worms
                        [ ] Maggot Conduit

Item Powers
[X] Quickcurse Rod (Encounter)

Conditionals/Resists:

Wol fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 26, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

When both the dryads appear near him, Kaiser turns and scampers off, fading into nothing-ness. As Oliver begins to lose himself to the pollen's effect, he feels the magma beast's connection to the world be severed. Shaking his head clear he faces the Dryad who sprung out of the tree. "You're mistaken, my parlor tricks are enough for YOU. Be a dear and hit your sister." a flashing rune appears before his hand, causing the Huntress to lunge for her ally, striking at her. "Yes how DARE I parley with the elements, the very building blocks of creation! Never mind that without water your trees would wither and die! Never mind that without the plentiful earth you'd have nowhere to take root! Never mind that without the great winds the pollen wouldn't be spread! Never mind without the warmth of the fiery sun the land would be locked in winter! No, how DARE I even entertain the notion of communicating with the elements!" finishing with a flourish, whipping winds grab the dryad witch, dragging her forcefully into the air! Furthering himself from the two Dryads, Oliver scoffs "Marked by chaos, indeed!"

Free Action: Hobgoblin Discipline to shake daze off
Minor Action: put away Kaiser
Standard Action: Charm of Misplaced Wrath vs Will against D Hunter: 1d20+11 25, Dryad Hunter slides to L12 and makes a basic attack against Dryad Witch with a +2 damage bonus, and is dazed until EoNT
Action Point: Pinioning Vortex vs Fortitude v D Witch: 1d20+11 29 2d6+7 19 the Witch is slid two squares up and held aloft. While it's aloft it is dazed and immobilized and grants combat advantage. It's set down at the start of its next turn.
Move Action: Move to O11
Bravura Presence: Move to O10

pre:
Oliver Arderne   						 
Surges: 8/9 (V: 12)      For:  18    Passive Perception: 13

Winged Horde                        [-] Hobgoblin Discipline                  [ ] Summon Fire Warrior
Storm Pillar                        [-] Charm of Misplaced Wrath               [+] Watery Sphere
Familiar: Tome Caddy                [-] Use Vulnerability                     [-] Summon Magma Beast    
Mage Hand                           [-] Pinioning Vortex                       [+] Bigby's Icy Grasp
Light                               [-] Tomebound Ooze                         [+] Feather Fall
                                    [-] Chameleon's Mask
                                     [+] Dispel Magic
                                    [ ] Tome of Binding

Item Powers
Currently none

Conditionals/Resists:

Summon Stats
Fire Warrior

Magma Beast
HP: 0/25 Def: 25/19/23/18 Speed: 4 (8 while charging) Resist 5 Fire

Tome Caddy

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 26, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

Keelie stands and brushes herself off from the eagle's assault, and points her sword at the closest centipede. Roses spring from the point of her blade, their thorns digging into the soft flesh of the centipede and pulling it closer. Keelie swings her sword in a grand flourish, and drops to a stance behind her shield. "Come and get me."

Start in I15. Take 1 falling damage.
Move: Stand up from prone.
Standard: Thorn Strike on the centipede in G17. Thorn Strike vs AC: 1d20+13 31 1d8+6 13 Hit the centipede. If it survives the attack, pull it to H16. Keelie gains CA on that centipede until the end of her next turn.
Free: Mark the eagle and the centipede with Nature's Wrath. If they run away from her, she'll pull them back with Warden's Grasp; if they attack someone else she'll bonk them on the head with Warden's Fury.

pre:
Keelie   						 
HP: 56/71 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 10/10 (V: 17)    For:  21    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 1

Warden's Fury          [ ] Warden's Sacrifice               [ ] Form Of The Willow Sentinel ([ ] Attack)
Thorn Strike           [ ] Sheltering Storm                 [ ] Wellspring Strike    
Resilience Of Life     [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Set Determination

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:
Boots Of Free Movement: +2 to saving throws against effects that apply the immobilized, slowed, or restrained condition.
Font of Life: At the start of her turn, Keelie may make a saving throw against one effect that a save may end. 
On a save, she is able to act normally (if stunned or dazed), and takes no damage from ongoing damage effects.
Lifespirit Vigor: Can grant a saving throw to a second ally within 5 squares when Keelie uses her second wind.
she can make a saving throw to end that effect at the beginning of her turn, even if the effect does not normally allow a save.
she gains combat advantage on any enemies flanking her, and being flanked does not cause her to grant combat advantage. 

Arivia fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 27, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
"Peace, sister," says the dryad as the one spurred on by Oliver's magic moves to attack her. The manipulated dryad blinks and stops her attack halfway before her sister is carried up by more magic. "You don't even know, do you?" says the dryad calmly as she gracefully descends from the small vortex that held her up. "Poor mortals. There has been a storm brewing since a long time, and it is finally coming to a head. You speak truly in that the Chaos is the foundation of our creation, of course - but there are bigger things at stake here, wizard." With that, she falls into the tree again and steps out of another. A small flowerpetal carries itself on the breeze from her hand, and when it touches the scales of Palivir, the addled dragonborn finds himself compelled to attack his companion!

The Hunter's basic attack against the Witch misses!
The Witch teleports to G20, and makes Palivir slide to K16 and attack Miren for 13 damage!

pre:

Miren		23    J15   53/61   21  21    22   20   
Palivir         22    K16   33/53   21  14    20   18
Oliver          21    O10   50/50   24  18    22   17
Dryad Witch     20    G20   54/84   22  18    20   22    24
Stalt	        18    L14   53/53   25  20    18   19
Dryad Hunter	18    L12   48/82   21  20    20   18    20
Giant Eagle	17    H13   127/144 22  20    18   16    21
Centipede	17    H16   06/60   19  15    17   18    21
Keelie		16    I15   56/71   23  21    19   21

Conditions:
Miren: +2 defenses against Centipede, Eagle
Palivir: Dazed/Immobilized UEONT.
Dryad Hunter: Immobilized (Save ends), dazed UEONT.
Centipede: Cursed, marked by Keelie. Slowed, grants CA UEONT. Bloodied.
Eagle; Can't stand up (save ends), prone, cursed, marked by Keelie.
Keelie: Eagle's Prey, Grabbed by Eagle

Stalt is up!

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Stalt makes a frustrated noise as the dryad he is tenaciously trying to jab flows into the tree and escapes his wrath. A loud noise from behind makes him look around and he sees the giant eagle fall to the ground and his new allies being harried by a giant centipede. With a quick dash he dodges between them, his small stature making him a harder target for the centipede. He places himself adjacent to both it and the prone eagle, before launching an attack and shouting for aid "Quick! Get it while it's down!" After stabbing the eagle through and dealing with the eagles counterattack he shouts at Palivir "Come on Scaley, shake it off and get stuck in!"

Moving to H15 via I16 and triggering an OA from the centipede. (+2 AC with Nimble Reaction)

Then attacking the eagle with Provoke Overextention with combat advantage: 24 vs AC which hits. Damage roll: 20

The Eagle must make a basic attack against me as a free action. If it misses an ally may make a basic attack against it as a free action. I have +5 AC for Bruvara Presence and Lost in the Crowd. And my ally gets +3 damage to their roll.

I want to use Inspiring Word on Paliver as a minor action as well. (He gets to shift 1 sq, or gain +2 to AC and Reflex until start of his next turn from Last Legion Officer)

If the eagle attacks anyone adjacent to me I want to use Shielding Retaliation on it. If the Eagle Hits me with the forced basic attack, or during it's turn, I want to use Vengeance is Mine on it.

pre:
Stalt   						 
Surges: 13/13 (V: 8)      For:  20    Passive Perception: 13

Brash Assault                           [x] Second Chance               [ ] Lamb to the Slaughter
Direct the Strike                       [x][ ] Inspiring Word           [ ] Stand the Fallen
                                        [ ] Vengance is Mine                     
                                        [x] Provoke Overextention
                                        [ ] Knights Move

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The slender dryad turns back to Oliver. "You will pay for your presumption, wizard." Her wooden face distorts into a malicious snarl, as she vanishes into the bush. As Stalt moves by and challenges the giant eagle, the centipede attacks him from behind with a vicious bite - but before it can withdraw, Keelie has already smashed its head in. While Palivir recovers from the venom of the other dead centipede, the giant eagle flails about under the weight of Miren's curse; as it tries to attack the cause of its burden, it only gets a cut from Keelie as a reward.

- The Centipede attacks Stalt on the OA for 21 psychic damage! Keelie retaliates with Warden's Fury and kills it!
- The Giant Eagle attacks through Provoke Overextension, but misses! Keelie retaliates with a MBA for 15 damage.
- Palivir, through Inspiring Word, uses a surge for a total recovery of 19 HP.
- The Hunter teleports to D10.
- The Giant Eagle marks Miren and attacks, but misses! It attacks again and misses again.

pre:

Miren		23    J15   53/61   21  21    22   20   
Palivir         22    K16   52/53   21  14    20   18
Stalt	        18    H15   32/53   25  20    18   19
Dryad Hunter	18    D10   48/82   21  20    20   18    20
Giant Eagle	17    H13   112/144 22  20    18   16    21

Conditions:
Miren: +2 defenses against Eagle, Eagle's Prey
Keelie: Grabbed by Eagle

Wahad fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 27, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

The eagle snaps at Miren as she creeps around to the other side of it. Its beak would have found her, but Stalt jumps in the way just in time. She lets him distract it while she fires a beam point-blank into the struggling mass of feathers.

The cursed centipede died so I get to activate Fate of the Void. Using it on this round's attack.

Move: to G12, gaining concealment from Shadow Walk. Eagle gets an OA against me.
Standard: Eldritch Blast. Ranged 10 attack vs. Ref: target Eagle[+CA] (18, hit). Eagle takes 16 damage.

Attack bonus breakdown: +11 base, +2 for CA from Hidden Sniper, +1 from Fate of the Void, +1 from Prime Shot

pre:
Miren Lerege   						 
HP: 61/61 (THP:5)        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 19

Eldritch Blast          [X] Master's Eye                     [X] Tyranny of Flame
                        [ ] Ethereal Stride
                        [ ] Worms
                        [ ] Maggot Conduit

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Palivir

Snapping out of his foggy state at Stalt's words, Palivir searches for his earlier mark and quickly finds her, retreated behind the great grounded bird.

Not wanting to draw the attention of the eagle, he carefully skulks around it and positions himself for a strike against the dryad.

"We wanted none of this, but if you lack the sense to withdraw, I at least will be happy to finish what you started."

Skulking Spy: Shift to F-12

Shadow Walk: Gain Concealment

Sly Flourish vs AC: 18; Miss!

Unfortunately, his blade misses the mark, unable to find its target midst the brush she had concealed herself in.

"Hiding among the leaves, eh? Two can play at that." And with that, Palivir seems to disappear into thin air.

Shrouding Gloom, Stealth to Hide: 33

Palivir readies his Smoke Bomb to use the next time an enemy appears in an adjacent square.

pre:
Palivir   						 
HP: 52/53 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 13

[x] Shrouding Gloom
			[] Spiteful Glamor
			[x] Toxic Saliva
			[x] Skulking Spy
			[x][x] Assassin's Shroud	

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Active Effects:
Concealment, Hidden (33)

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
- The Giant Eagle attacks with an OA as Miren moves. It crits! Stalt intervenes with Shielding Retaliation. He takes 19 damage and is knocked prone, but misses the counterattack! Keelie attacks with Warden's Fury, but misses too.

pre:

Miren		23    G12   53/61   21  21    22   20   
Palivir         22    K16   52/53   21  14    20   18
Stalt	        18    H15   11/53   25  20    18   19
Giant Eagle	17    H13   96/144 22  20    18   16    21

Conditions:
Stalt: Bloodied, prone. 
Keelie: Grabbed by Eagle

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Oliver Arderne

"I fear my familiar's mischief more then I fear anything you can muster." Moving out of the bushes and nearer to his allies, Oliver conjures a pillar of crackling lightning next to the great eagle, threatening to zap it if it's not careful. Evidently feeling more confident of his own safety, Kaiser steps out from behind Oliver.

Move Action: Move to N16
Standard Action: Storm Pillar at G11, adjacent enemies grant CA and any enemy takes 1d6+7 damage if they move into an adjacent square on their turn.
Minor Action: Call Familiar, Kaiser's placed in M16

pre:
Oliver Arderne   						 
Surges: 8/9 (V: 12)      For:  18    Passive Perception: 13

Winged Horde                        [-] Hobgoblin Discipline                  [ ] Summon Fire Warrior
Storm Pillar                        [-] Charm of Misplaced Wrath               [+] Watery Sphere
Mage Hand                           [-] Pinioning Vortex                       [+] Bigby's Icy Grasp
                                    [-] Chameleon's Mask
                                     [+] Dispel Magic
                                    [ ] Tome of Binding

Item Powers
Currently none

Conditionals/Resists:

Summon Stats
Fire Warrior

Magma Beast
HP: 0/25 Def: 25/19/23/18 Speed: 4 (8 while charging) Resist 5 Fire

Tome Caddy

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 28, 2014

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

Keelie raises her sword high, life energy flowing from its tip to heal herself and Stalt. The energy spreads into a canopy of blooms, confusing enemies as to which of the adventurers is vulnerable.

Standard: Second Wind, healing 17 hp. Stalt can spend a healing surge and make a saving throw against any one condition.
Action Point!
Standard: Cast Sheltering Storm, Sheltering Storm vs AC: 1d20+13 24 1d8+6 12 Hit the eagle for 12 damage. If any enemy makes an attack that does not include me against an adjacent ally, I swap places with them and take the attack. The enemy gets a -3 penalty on the attack.
Free: Mark the eagle with Nature's Wrath. If they run away from her, she'll pull them back with Warden's Grasp; if they attack someone else she'll bonk them on the head with Warden's Fury.

pre:
Keelie   						 
Surges: 9/10 (V: 17)    For:  21    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 0

Thorn Strike           [X] Sheltering Storm                 [ ] Wellspring Strike    

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
"You're hurt, little mortal." From beside Stalt, the soft, clear voice of the dryad suddenly comes to his ears. "And tired, too. Struggling against the pain is hard, isn't it? Just relax, now. Let me put you out of your misery." Once again, a cloud of pollen overcomes Stalt, but he's prepared for it this time and it's Keelie who takes the brunt of the attack, feeling sluggish and drowsy.

- Stalt recovers 8 HP, putting him up to 19!
- The Witch teleports to F15, and blasts Stalt and Keelie! Keelie is dazed (save ends).

pre:

Miren		23    G12   53/61   21  21    22   20   
Palivir         22    F12   52/53   21  14    20   18
Oliver          21    N16   50/50   24  18    22   17
Kaiser                M16   01/01   24  18    22   17
Dryad Witch     20    F15   54/84   22  18    20   22    24
Stalt	        18    H15   19/53   25  20    18   19
Giant Eagle	17    H13   84/144  22  20    18   16    21
Keelie		16    I15   71/71   23  21    19   21

Conditions:
Stalt: Bloodied, prone. 
Keelie: Grabbed by Eagle, dazed (save ends)

Stalt is up!

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Stalt braces himself, breathing heavily and clutching at his head at the aftershocks of the centipedes attack. "I might be hurt, witch" he pants, hopping to his feet then stepping into the space between the eagle and the dryad and threatening both. "But I am NOT defeated!"

Acrobat boots to stand as a Minor.
Shift to G14 and use the Daily power on my Dwarven Scale Mail +2 which heals me 13HP as a free action.

Stalt grins at the Dryad and launches into a series of brutal attacks, inviting the witch to strike him in his weakened state but knowing that if she does she will be open for his allies. "You should have surrendered when I offered!"

Brutal Assault vs the Dryad Witch: 30 Damage: 14
Witch may attack me with combat advantage, if she does then an ally can attack back with combat advantage.

I have AC 30 against the dryad (+2 for lost in crowd, +3 to all defences against target for harlequin) The +3 stays till the start of my next turn.

If she hits me, VENGEANCE IS MINE!

ACTION POINT!

Brutal Assault vs the Dryad Witch: 17 Miss.
Effect still triggers, Witch may attack me with combat advantage, if she does then an ally can attack back with combat advantage.

I have AC 30(33?) against the dryad (+2 for lost in crowd, +3 to all defences against target for harlequin) The +3 stays till the start of my next turn. (Do I get another +3 to all defences? Does it stack with the first Brash Assault?)

If she hits me (and it is still available), VENGEANCE IS MINE!

pre:
Stalt   						 
HP: 37/53 (THP: )         AC:   25    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 7/8 (V: 13)      For:  20    Passive Perception: 13

Direct the Strike                       [x][ ] Inspiring Word           [ ] Stand the Fallen
                                        [ ] Vengance is Mine                     
                                        [x] Provoke Overextention
                                        [ ] Knights Move

Item Powers
[x] Dwarven Armour (Daily)
[x] Acrobat Boots (At-Will)

Conditionals/Resists:

Edit: Turns out I had my surges and surge value mixed up. Fixed it from this point on. Technically I am owed 5HP from Keelie's surge but it's up to Wahad.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 1, 2014

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
The witch furiously tries to slash at the little halfling, but worked up as he is he's too quick for her. Palivir seizes the opportunity to launch his dagger at the dryad. This action calls a snarl from behind him, as the second dryad suddenly appears next to him. The dragonborn is quick on the draw, however, and disappears in a puff of smoke, leaving the swipe of the frustrated angry fey to hit Miren instead. Meanwhile, the giant eagle moves away from the crowd around him - taking a quick hit from Stalt's rapier in the process - and snaps at the sluggish Keelie, but even drowsy as she is, the curse of the spirits upon him is too much, and his beak bounces harmlessly off her armor.

- the Witch attacks Stalt, but misses both times! Palivir retaliates twice, but only hits once for 16 damage.
- the Hunter teleports to F13! Palivir drops his Smoke bomb and shifts to I10. The Hunter attacks Miren for 16 damage, and saves against her immobilize.
- the Giant Eagle moves to I13, pulling Keelie to J15. Miren and Stalt attack him. Miren misses, but Stalt deals 9 damage. The Eagle attacks Keelie twice, missing twice!

pre:

Miren		23    G12   37/61   21  21    22   20   
Palivir         22    I10   52/53   21  14    20   18
Oliver          21    N16   50/50   24  18    22   17
Kaiser                M16   01/01   24  18    22   17
Dryad Witch     20    F15   24/84   22  18    20   22    24
Stalt	        18    G14   37/53   25  20    18   19
Dryad Hunter	18    F13   48/82   21  20    20   18    20
Giant Eagle	17    I13   75/144  22  20    18   16    21
Keelie		16    J15   71/71   23  21    19   21

Conditions:
Miren: +2 defenses against Eagle 
Dryad Witch: Bloodied.
Keelie: Grabbed by Eagle, dazed (save ends), Eagle's Prey

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Miren

Miren's eyes flash with anger as she recovers from the dryad's blow. "You should not have done that," she says, her voice hollow. "I would have seen you live. But the spirits call out for blood, and since you have struck me, I think yours will do." Miren turns and vanishes into shadow, reappearing a short ways away. "I consign you to the stomachs of vermin." She whispers, and a mass of insects emerge from the tree between the two dryads. Termites begin to crawl all over them, biting and burrowing through their wooden bodies.

Minor: Warlock's Curse on Dryad Hunter
Move: Ethereal Stride: Teleport to J9, gaining concealment from Shadow Walk and concealment UEoMNT.
Standard: Maggot Conduit. Area burst 1 acid attack centred on E14 vs. Fort: target Hunter[+CA] (33, CRIT!); target Witch[+CA] (29, hit). Hunter takes 35 acid damage. Witch takes 13 acid damage.
The burst creates a zone that lasts UEoMNT. Any creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 5 acid damage.

pre:
Miren Lerege   						 
HP: 37/61 (THP:0)        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 19

[X] Ethereal Stride
                        [ ] Worms
                        [X] Maggot Conduit

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Keelie

Keelie reeled underneath the dryad's burst of pollen, but she comes to her senses quickly, dashing around the eagle to strike at its dryad ally. Her thorny assault strikes one of the dryads down, pulling its unconscious body closer. "Do not kill our foes!"

No Action: Saves against Daze: 2#1d20 8 13 Saved! Keelie may act as if she was not dazed this turn, and the condition ends.
Move Action: Move to H13, eagle gets an opportunity attack against me (+2 to all defenses against that attack)
(Keelie gets a Athletics: 1d20+9 28 to escape the eagle's grab.)
Standard Action: Thorn Strike vs F13: 1d20+13 33 1d8+6 8 Critical! Crit Damage: 1d6 4 18 damage to the Hunter, it would get pulled to G13 if it didn't die.
Minor Action: Mark adjacent enemies (just the eagle.)

pre:
Keelie   						 
Surges: 9/10 (V: 17)    For:  21    Passive Perception: 21
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 0

Thorn Strike           [X] Sheltering Storm                 [ ] Wellspring Strike    

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:

Arivia fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 4, 2014

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Palivir

"Don't kill them? Fine, suppose that can be managed."

Move: to F-14, Stealth to Hide: 38

Sly Flourish vs Witch's AC: 24; 18 damage.

pre:
Palivir   						 
HP: 52/53 (THP: )        AC:   21    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 5/6 (V: 13)      For:  14    Passive Perception: 22

Poisoned Dagger		[x] Smoke Bomb			     [] Carrion Crawler Brain Juice
			[x] Shrouding Gloom
			[] Spiteful Glamor
			[x] Toxic Saliva
			[x] Skulking Spy
			[x][x] Assassin's Shroud	

Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:

Active Effects:
Concealment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
As the dryads both collapse, the eagle gives off a pitiful cry, mourning the defeat of its master. But it stops struggling, laying its head down meekly. Miren, following one of the spirits' suggestions (and unconcerned, it seems, with the dryad's fate), tears her sacrificial knife into the centipede's plates and finds - after the appropriate offerings to the spirits - that they fit her hands almost perfectly, like some kind of primitive gauntlets. The spirits have infused them with some of their own power, making her magic that much more dangerous, going forward.

Now with a bound eagle and two unconscious dryads at your feet, what do you do?

Miren finds Gauntlets of Eldritch Admixture (lv 8). Take a short rest.

• Locked thread