Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Astroman posted:

This episode was a lot better.

So much. I procrastinated watching it, as I had procrastinated watching the 2nd, because teen drama - who does that interest but teenagers? The first two were written by the same person, the third one by a duo of two other people (Wikipedia has the details), so that could be part of the explanation.

Wouldn't they strip death-sentenced people naked before dropping them out? I have no idea why/how they are clothed in modern garb, but I'm sure their kind of economy would love to save a pair of jeans and a matching top. :buddy:

Shakugan posted:

Easily the strongest episode of the three we've seen. I did not expect that ending though, god drat. I was surprised that the two made up so quickly, but I didn't expect that. This is a show on the CW, and it killed off two people in this episode who were each part of obvious love triangles before they were milked into the ground. That's pretty much untrod ground for the CW.

It truly felt like we were in LOST territory with the Wells' unexpected death. Meanwhile, elsewhere(s) on the Internet, people are screaming, "B... but they've killed the only black character who had lines! I'M SO OUT!" Wells' father warmly thanks them for having watched the show so closely.

I had given it 5 episodes before deciding, now I'm sold because that episode, despite being unrealistic on some points (seaweed found inland, anybody?) showed that the story and characters are finding their footing in a promising way. But with sci-fi and fantasy shows, the viewer has to give some leeway and learn to suspend disbelief more often than in "normal" shows. If you accept that a whole pointed-ears race does exist, that so many good looking people survived that horrible crash and could be lifted up by a cloud of smoke, that other planets are indeed inhabited with crazy creatures and that you can actually fly on a broom, what else is not going to be unlike what we live and experience as sheer humans on Earth? It goes with the theme. Bring the inland seaweed and guy who probably had a bad case of lung punctures getting miraculously cured with it, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
I saw this time around that Paige Turco and Ian Cusick's chemistry has developed. They seemed way more comfortable with each other as actors than in the previous episodes.

So long Charlotte, guest star among a hundred.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Warmachine posted:

She'll be back, when it is convenient. No body, jumped off a cliff into fog.

This makes sense. Although now I'm half-convinced that Charlotte may be back, but not the actual actress playing her. :stare:

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
100 young humans on the earth, 100 young humans
You take one down, put them underground
99 young humans on the earth

This show will be The 10 by the end of the season

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Bellamy is basically the worst leader. Everything is his fault.

Exactly. It looks like they're setting him up for an early redemption arc, though. Once it's done, they'll kill him ("Because we want the audience to know that nobody is safe" says every nowadays show).

I'm sorry this one seems to be going for the very tired love triangle angle. Gah.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
I got to dig this show, no matter the amount of nonsense. As for the kids, of course they'll be stupid, that's what kids are. And they have no previous experience in what they're doing right now, they're just going through the trial-and-error process.

I'm mostly drawn in because of the suspense. Then add the camera, the acting, the music, the post-editing, it eventually delivers something of quality.

Also I like how the show has opened itself for future seasons with the ark-people-going-to-earth storyline. Funny how the story is about survival and the show itself also tries to survive from cancellation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
Welp, that was intense.

I came to the show solely for Desmond/Kane, wasn't impressed with the pilot, but they managed to get me hooked along the road. It's a tight show, well written, fast paced, full of moral questions/decisions, with great acting and camera work.

That finale almost got me a heart attack. You know a show is good when it gets in you into that bubble where nothing else exists but those fiction people and situations.

They better find a way to make it so that Raven and Bellamy are still alive. :ohdear:

• Locked thread