Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCWuEjXcZfo

quote:

The series is set 97 years after a devastating nuclear war. The only survivors were residents of space stations orbiting the earth. The space stations banded together to form a massive one called "The Ark". Resources are scarce and all crimes are punishable by death. 100 juvenile residents, convicted of what would have been relatively minor crimes and misdemeanors on pre-war Earth, are now considered "expendable" and are sent on a mission to test if Earth's surface has become habitable again.

Ever wanted to see the cast of a generic pretty people doing dumb things CW shows be brutally murdered by nature, mutants and each others in a post-nuclear war environment? That's the show for you!

If you missed the pilot, it's available on the CW's website. General reaction seems to be that the show's premise has a lot of potentials but the first episode was dragged down by just how dumb these kids are and the fact they are treating it like a weekend camping instead of landing on a post-apocalyptic hellhole where survival is all but guaranteed.

The preview for the upcoming season looks like it could be really good if they don't manage to screw this up.

The show also managed to do better than any other CW show this season in terms of ratings. Not just this season, in fact, but their record audience for a premiere since 2010. This is getting renewed for sure unless there is a massive drop in audience.

quote:

The CW’s new sci-fi drama The 100 got off to a solid start on Wednesday night, delivering more premiere viewers than any new CW show this season. The future-shock series, about a group of young troublemakers sent down to a radioactive and uninhabited Earth, opened to 2.6 million viewers and a 0.9 among adults 18-49. That performance built upon slightly its Arrow lead-in and greatly improved upon the average performance of The Tomorrow People in this time period (where it averages a 0.5 demo rating), though tied its series premiere in the demo.

Main Cast and Crew
The Ark

Counselor Kane

Councilwoman Dr. Griffin

Councilor Jaha

The 100

Clarke Griffin

Finn Griffin

Octvia

Bellamy

Upcoming episodes
2 - Earth Skills March 26, 2014
3 - Earth Kills April 2, 2014
4 - Murphy's Law April 9, 2014
5 - Twilight's Last Gleaming April 16, 2014
6 - His Sister's Keeper April 23, 2014

Twee as Fuck fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

CODChimera posted:

When the girl escaped from the giant eel with a tiny scratch on her leg I knew this was going to be Terra Nova 2.0

Yeah I thought she was gone, but she ended up with a tiny scratch. I thought the guy who jumped after her would die, but nope and I was just rolling my eyes so hard

Then he took a massive spear to the chest and all is well :buddy:

XboxPants posted:

So was this any good at all? I DVR'd it but I'm skeptical that it's worth the time that I could be using doing other things like playing browser games or watching Agents of SHIELD or staring at the wall.

I'd say it's worth watching. Half of it was really crap, the rest alternated between ok to good enough. The only reason I'm watching at least three other episodes is because the previews for the rest of the season looked fantastic.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Lycus posted:

Just to move my complaining over here from the chat thread:

And is the plan seriously that the smaller group is going to actually bring food back?

These people threw themselves in a dark river after they just saw a mutated deer with two faces. Three of them removed their security harness after they had already entered atmosphere to float around in zero gravity.

Honestly the fact that about 97 of them are still alive instead of about 12 is a miracle.

quote:

Also, since the origins of the Ark are supposed to be multinational, I don't get why the didn't just let Cusick be Scottish. Then they could at least point to one person and say "See! Not everyone in the future American/Canadian!"

Scottish accent would have been way too hard to understand for your average CW viewer.

Pierson posted:

That sucks. Does the action cut between stuff happening on the ground and stuff happening in space or is it all ground and the space-stuff in that trailer just a money-shot to sucker people in? A whole bunch of multi-national spaceships bolted together trying to keep a tenuous peace while making sure the vacumn doesn't kill them all is a series I'd watch, Lord of the Beverly Hillflies less so.

Pilot was about 50/50 and there seems to be big poo poo brewing up in space. I mean like the rest of human civilization is living there aside from those dumb kids so they can't exactly drop them and just concentrate on the 100 97

I'd still say it's worth watching as long as you're not superbusy, especially for the 'coming this season' trailer

Lycus posted:

It cuts back and forth, but what you get from the station scenes isn't as interesting as what you're expecting/describing.

True, but the fact that a purge has to begin soon means it's probably gonna get real interesting real soon.

• Locked thread