Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can't see any type of contract war between TNA and WWE ending in any other way than WWE laughing at Devitt and telling him to gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thauros posted:

Wait a sec, that's apparently the match order? Weird that the title match isn't headlining. I think that kinda blows away Dave's theory of a possible title change, I can't see the end of a year+ long IWGP title reign happening in the middle of a show.

Or they're worried about Styles holding the belt so they're doing it third from the top in hopes of Ibushi-Taguchi earning back some goodwill that might be lost.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

No no no, Kota vs Taguchi is the opener. That special elimination tag match is the main event. So Okada vs. AJ Styles is 3rd from the open.

hahahaha that cannot be right

That's some TNA poo poo

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

my only real concern with Styles in Japan is how long he can go before he gets tired of being away from his family on these tours

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Perhaps this is just a coincidence, but currently ROH has no shows during G1, so there's still hope they send guys over to participate. I would love to see Elgin, Steen, Cole, Ciampa and Lethal in G1. They have a show two days before Day 1 but none during at the moment.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

Steen's assuredly not likely to travel with his new kid being born, especially since he doesn't really like traveling to Japan in the first place.

Yea, I know he's not into going over there but I figure a one off tour for a G1 would be kind of like a bucket list thing, but who knows. I doubt anyone goes over there anyway, I just think it's kind of interesting that there aren't any ROH shows during that period.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gallows and Anderson are defending the IWGP tag titles on the NYC ROH show and my guess is it's most likely against Hanson and Ray Rowe, which should own.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

Oh they announced Gallows for the NJPW/ROH show? Did they announce Shelley?

Not yet, no.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dominion looks good but I don't know if it looks $25 good yet

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If they're already filming these and putting it on ustream isn't terribly expensive, you might as well stick them up there and get a few buys out of it.

I suppose you can argue that not doing that makes the big shows more special, but I don't really see that as an issue considering it's an extremely niche market here to begin with.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think they just tried too much too soon. Yokohama may have worked with a better card but even then I don't think they would have approached a sell out.

My feeling is that 2013 worked well because they kept things simple and put on great cards. This poo poo with splitting the New Beginning, trying to push the IC title more and the Yokohama attempt feel more to me like they're diluting the product instead of elevating it.

The product is still really great, I just think they're kind of losing sight of what got them back in a good position.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I wonder who else they're looking at US wise. I'm guessing it's not anyone from ROH or they would've tried them out with Cole and Elgin.

Maybe Brian Cage?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yuriy posted:

Frankie Kaz, Chris Daniels?

Totally forgot they were freed up now. That's definitely possible.

I just can't think of anyone that wouldn't be tied to ROH or DGUSA already.

It's probably just other ROH dudes and I'm overthinking it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

So I haven't seen anything since BOSJ... is there anything I should watch to catch up before the G1?

Dominion!

If you're looking for specifics, absolutely watch Splitters-Bucks and Ibushi-Ricochet

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm gonna guess we get Tanahashi-Okada at the Dome in a big permanent torch-passing event and Nakamura wins next year's G1 and gets Okada at the Dome in 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

masato tatanka posted:

Destruction double PPV weekend in Sept. 21 in Kobe & Sept. 23 in Okayama on USTREAM.

Road to Destruction tour has a couple of Korakuen Hall shows that might end up as iPPVs too, I'll add everything to the event section on the next thread at the end of the month.

e: check out the poster for the Yuji Nagata anniversary show:

I want this poster in my house

• Locked thread