Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

epitasis posted:

Sounded like a new ROH channel.

Please don't gently caress this up, ROH :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nothing in there that particularly grabs at me, I think I'll just hold out for Invasion Attack itself.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I just want a drunken AJ staggering out demanding to know where the Pokey-mon are, he was promised Pokey-mon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I am really keen to see Okada murder the gently caress out of Styles after Styles' promo on Invasion Attack, so I guess they did a drat good job with it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

coconono posted:

Bullet Club took pictures with him doing their gang poses, so I guess he's in.

Anderson's already been tweeting that he's in charge of the Bullet Club with Bad Luck tweeting his support to Anderson. So AJ is probably going to be used like the Young Bucks, comes over, does poo poo under the BC banner and then reps it on the US indies.

Anderson being the new Boss makes he and Gallows retaining the tag belts make a lot more sense to me now, though that could also easily be explained by the fact that Goto is the greatest choke artist since David Carradine.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I would assume Nakamura would be the face in that situation, he strikes me as being more believable as the "good" guy than Okada.

That said, based on crowd reaction alone during Ishii/Naito I, I thought that Ishii was a super babyface and Naito a sniveling heel, so... :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I think it's cool that NJPW has decided every major iPPV of the year will include a WMOTYC as well as at least one MOTYC.

So the Gracies are confirmed as being on every show then, yeah?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I hope Okada beats AJ :pray:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okada lost? :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought Karl was the leader of the Bullet Club now that Devitt is gone?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

epitasis posted:

They have a decentralized hierarchy

Anderson's never gonna release Half Life 3 :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He broke the announcer's heart last night :smith:

In all seriousness that was a genuinely great moment, the commentary sounded excellent even though I couldn't understand a word of it, and the crowd was aghast at the betrayal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

masato tatanka posted:

CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii) vs. Bullet Club (AJ Styles & Yujiro Takahashi)

This sounds pretty loving great to me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I assume the 10-man will main event the show?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonna get that purely for Ricochet/Ibushi, everything else is just a bonus.

Also there will be a Bad Luck Fale match too, I guess :geno:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

masato tatanka posted:

9 hr from this post

Well that works out pretty much perfectly for me, awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Voices of Wrestling translated the G-1 sub-site and has the entire G-1 Climax schedule on their site: http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2014/06/21/njpw-g1-climax-24-schedule/

Seems like there are more off days this year along with not having everyone have a G-1 match each show.

AJ vs Okada on Day 1 :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ishii lost the belt? :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress you 1000 times in the ear, ustream :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

KUSHIDA just won the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title

I gotta see that match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is a shame. What made NJPW accessible was being able to click a link to the show and then click a button that said,"Buy this show" and then you'd bought the show and could watch it. Anything more complicated than that and I know that for myself at least, I just won't bother - jumping through hoops to pay to watch something is just an exercise in frustration.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beautiful Ninja posted:

I'm down with Tanahashi being Literal Goku.

He's clearly revealing that he's been cast as Eternity in the next big Marvel movie :rolleyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Jeff might wanna rethink that strategy, I could see NJPW pulling out of their partnership if GFW associates themselves with him.

Yeah, he better just do it in secret and lie about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

quote:

Okada announced the establishment of “The Rainmaker Foundation,” a children’s cancer charity. He personally will donate $300 every time he wins a match using the rainmaker retroactive from the start of 2014.

Retroactively making AJ Styles even more of a heel!

• Locked thread