Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

quote:

There’s a story about Chris Kyle: on a cold January morning in 2010, he pulled into a gas station somewhere along Highway 67, south of Dallas. He was driving his supercharged black Ford F350 outfitted with black rims and oversize knobby mudding tires. Kyle had replaced the Ford logo on the grill with a small chrome skull, similar to the Punisher emblem from the Marvel Comics series, and added a riot-ready aftermarket grill guard bearing the words ROAD ARMOR. He had just left the Navy and moved back to Texas.

Two guys approached him with pistols and demanded his money and the keys to his truck. With his hands in the air, he sized up which man seemed most confident with his gun.

Kyle knew what confidence with a gun looked like. He was the deadliest sniper in American history. He had at least 160 confirmed kills by the Pentagon’s count, but by his own count—and the accounts of his Navy SEAL teammates—the number was closer to twice that. In his four tours of duty in Iraq, Kyle earned two Silver Stars and five Bronze Stars with Valor. He survived six IED attacks, three gunshot wounds, two helicopter crashes, and more surgeries than he could remember. He was known among his SEAL brethren as The Legend and to his enemies as al-Shaitan, “the devil.”

He told the robbers that he just needed to reach back into the truck to get the keys. He turned around and reached under his winter coat instead, into his waistband. With his right hand, he grabbed his Colt 1911. He fired two shots under his left armpit, hitting the first man twice in the chest. Then he turned slightly and fired two more times, hitting the second man twice in the chest. Both men fell dead.

Kyle leaned on his truck and waited for the police.

When they arrived, they detained him while they ran his driver’s license. But instead of his name, address, and date of birth, what came up was a phone number at the Department of Defense. At the other end of the line was someone who explained that the police were in the presence of one of the most skilled fighters in U.S. military history. When they reviewed the surveillance footage, the officers found the incident had happened just as Kyle had described it. They were very understanding, and they didn’t want to drag a just-home, highly decorated veteran into a messy legal situation.

Chris Kyle was a real fuckin' Texan. We got a saying down here, You live by the gun, you die by the gun...

The most untexan thing about the whole thing is: Why wasn't he made an honorary sheriffs deputy afterwards? pretty inexplicable if you ask me

http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2013/april/the-legend-of-chris-kyle-01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it bad

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Can you give me a little more to go on, boss?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

very not good texas bad

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
you guys should be flattered at being allowed an actual mass media identity

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

what shithole do you call home, punk?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

texas: everything big but the dicks

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
used tires and diarrhea

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

texaholic posted:

Describe Texas

flat and bleak and I hate all the people but that last one is true of everywhere :haw:

e: exclude hill country and bits of west texas for the first point

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

sweaty, gay, flat

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dumb people dumb laws dumb schools dumb weather dumb state for dumb people

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

goons really do hate everything btw...

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

addin chease to mexican food was a pgood idea tho but i bet new-mexico or arizona actually did that first

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

basically just north mexico

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

How many threads a week do you have to make about Texas? We get it, you love Texas!!

p.s. I was just in Dallas for the 80 degrees one day, 15 degrees the very next day weather. Good times.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 26, 2014

Boombox Jackson
Nov 3, 2008
yeah texas is kind of rear end except for austin

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
That was a cool story OP, I wootled softly to myself in my office. Thanks for sharing it :)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

NecroMonster posted:

addin chease to mexican food was a pgood idea tho but i bet new-mexico or arizona actually did that first

mexicos a big place, they do that in some places

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Did he kill white people or black people this is important

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
what if the second guy was just some guy that worked at the gas station? really makes ya think

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Boombox Jackson posted:

yeah texas is kind of rear end except for austin

lawl this is whate everyone from texas says in an attempt to defend their poo poo state

seal clubber
Jun 3, 2006
Lots of hats

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

keep austin weird *fart*

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Sounds like a p okay story to me. you mess with the bull...you git the horns.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Probably not as bad as it sounds if you were to first carpet-bomb Beaumont, Vidor and any white girl wearing a cowboy hat.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
filled with fat people
texas is a huge poo poo hole
give to mexico

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

fits my needs posted:

Did he kill white people or black people this is important

Dallas sprawls North, East and West but not south.

South Dallas is very black-ghetto but it quickly becomes rural Texas, hard to say whether it was gangbangers or white trash TBH.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Maoist Pussy posted:

Probably not as bad as it sounds if you were to first carpet-bomb Beaumont, Vidor and any white girl wearing a cowboy hat.

and lubbock and anywhere in Dallas that you can't see the skyline from

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
"He was driving his supercharged black Ford F350 outfitted with black rims and oversize knobby mudding tires. Kyle had replaced the Ford logo on the grill with a small chrome skull, similar to the Punisher emblem from the Marvel Comics series, and added a riot-ready aftermarket grill guard bearing the words ROAD ARMOR."

What more needs to be said?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Texas is cool, but regionalism is gay.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
too many white republican christians but that's kind of repetitive

extremely multicultural and acceptive so long as you're not muslim

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"Hitler's sweaty asscrack"

is how i'd describe texas

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I guess those robbers learned they should shoot first and loot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I love Texas but that story and that person are pretty lovely.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

mostly bleak wasteland with lovely weather containing a bunch of people with mostly bad opinions

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Copley Depot posted:

"Hitler's sweaty asscrack"

is how i'd describe texas

that implies texas has a chance to be good

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
My only Texas experience was a one hour layover at DFW. I was stoned on narcotics and had enough time to stop at Taco Bell before having to ride a monorail to switch terminals...wasn't bad.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
ITT jealous, effeminate liberals

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Let's, instead, name things in Texas that need to be carpet-bombed:
Vidor
Beaumont
Lubbock
white girls in cowboy hats