Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Name #10: Buffalo Soldier

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

rcman50166 posted:

mailbox, name one mailbox. chickens arent supposed to have people names

Since you settled on Humprey the Wonderchicken, I'll go ahead and make Mailbox my choice. The folks in chat seemed to like it as much as I do.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Egg status as of noon (central time). Two eggs pipping! Eggs 10 and 11.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
pls get small furniture to take hilarious internet photos with, tia

MisterOblivious posted:

Since you settled on Humprey the Wonderchicken, I'll go ahead and make Mailbox my choice. The folks in chat seemed to like it as much as I do.

it is a pretty good name

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

As far as baby daddies go, in addition to Cam pictured earlier, we also have Bloop the MilleFleur Belgian d'Uccle rooster (a bantam, and likely the father of the banty egg):

And Weedcat, the splash Giant Cochin rooster:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

ive never seen such a beautiful chicken in my life
i want to make him into a disney cartoon
he'd be the aristocratic villain

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
name one of them scrambles

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Let's name one Turkey just to confuse the rest.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Please name a chicken Lifetaker, preferably the meekest and smallest specimen.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

rcman50166 posted:

pls get small furniture to take hilarious internet photos with, tia

Way ahead of ya. The kid is planning a LEGO chick playground. Also some chick-scale Godzilla movie rampagable tiny cardboard buildings, once they get a bit older and they learn what mealworms are.

We had a Scrambles, sorry.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

nutranurse posted:

ive never seen such a beautiful chicken in my life
i want to make him into a disney cartoon
he'd be the aristocratic villain

The fact that Bloop is so beautiful is why he hasn't been turned into fried chicken (yet). He's been such a naughty, spoiled rooster! But it gives Head Rooster Weedcat something to do. Kicking Bloop's butt is a high priority on Weedcat's hourly "to do" list.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Name one of the chicks Mighty Cluck.

Why do baby chicks peck at each other when they hatch anyways?

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Name one of the chicks Mighty Cluck.

Why do baby chicks peck at each other when they hatch anyways?

Besides the fact that it's an rear end in a top hat thing to do and it's FUN to bitchslap your siblings? Actually it's just instinct, baby chicks instinctively peck and in so doing learn what is food/water, they need no mama to show them. Lots of people who raise turkeys will put a few baby chickens in with the turkey poults so they can teach the damned dumb turkeys where the food and water is.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Let's name one "Sam I Am", after the thread title. If it needs to be one word Sammahyam is a pretty good approximation.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Also, if you want your name to be considered only for a Bear baby, mention it in your post.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Someone needs to name a Bear chick "Cougar," after its mom. :D

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
I can't remember all the names of past chickens, but I think it'd be cool to have one named Chanticleer. Yeah, I watched Rock a Doodle recently, so what?

edit: would be happy with Pato too.

foxatee fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 28, 2014

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
just saw a piece of shell get poked out from inside on 11 :eyepop:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Velvet Sparrow posted:

C'mon, you goons, bring on the names! Y'all have a reputation to uphold, here.

gypsy-killer

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
heard a noise and now it looks like 10 has a serious hole in his shell you can see him moving around in there

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

This is the view of the entire incubator, with the next two hatches in the upper rack.

Today's hatch is on the bottom. I still need to open the incubator 5 times a day to get good air in and bad air out, and turn the eggs on the upper rack. On the upper rack, the army-green eggs are Bear's, the light blue ones are Americaunas eggs from either Rose or Bug. The 4 brown eggs are mystery mama eggs.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Time to play the annual game of Was That the Beginning of a Pip or Just a Streaming Artifact.

Seriously though I love chickcam, thanks for doing it again this year. I submit Morgoth as a name.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Please name a male one "Barbudo" after the bull who killed the 19th century bullfighter, Pepe-Hillo

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
:siren: i think its happening :siren:

(7 min later) we have beak!
(10 min later) we have foot I think!
(13 min later) latest push clearly pushed narrow side of egg like it was detached on the side opposite the camera :siren: i am bettng this hatching happening within minutes
(16 min later) after a slight breather a big push
(18 min later) head and neck completely out but seems exhausted by the effort
(20 min later) lifting head and looking around id say this thing is born

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 28, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Going to throw Patches in again as a suggestion this year.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
Name one Priad, he shall serve his brothers and god emperor with his glorious peeps.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

It's going to be a bit on #10 yet, the hole you see is all she has done right now. She needs to unzip her shell at least halfway before she can come out.

When the chicks DO come out, I'm betting that just like last year, they will RUN for the back of the incubator to the fan--it runs all the time and they have learned to associate that noise with 'mama'. That's another reason for us talking to them before they hatch, so they learn that WE are mama, as well. They forget about the fan after a couple of hours anyway.

EDIT: I lied, the clever girl pipped the bottom of her shell first then worked her way up the back, she's about 3/4 of the way unzipped and should be out in about 20 minutes!

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 28, 2014

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

#10 hatching NOW

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
:siren: 10 is broken through!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
this poo poo is happening, pretty crazy friday afternoon here

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Ladies and gents, we have a slimey chicken. #10 has hatched. We will name her after the kid gets home from school.

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 28, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

10 is part ostrich I think. :3:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it looks so tired from its first workout :3:
whoah it shoved another egg out of its way its a tough guy

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
we hatched chicks in middle school and we named one after jimi hendrix and then it died really young

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
i hope none of these die really young, though!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

voting "Groucho"

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
If it's not to late, I'd like to throw the name Wally into the hat. If you need a girl name, how about a chick named Wanda?

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
That chick looks depressed. Like "Ah poo poo. I'm a chicken"

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
pitching Ice for one of the lil nugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
EEE! :3: I'm in bed sick and this is the best.
Just to make sure my name choice is official from the other thread: Moon Unit

• Locked thread