Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Fresh new thread smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Boon Time? BOON TIME!

The times for ICR's Boontality by Time Zone are:

Pacific: 3:00 PM
Mountain: 4:00 PM (Do we have any players in this time zone?)
Central: 5:00 PM
Eastern: 6:00 PM

And that should be 10:00 PM for those who use GMT.

BOON ON, DUDES!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

As someone who was in the Beta, and walked away from the game shortly after launch, I can say that it has pulled a complete 180, and has just continued to get better in every way.

If you haven't played this game, you should.

Nativity In Black posted:

I installed this game yesterday and hit some dudes with a crowbar. It was pretty rad.

And later you get to throw cars at them. It just gets better!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Metalshark posted:

The physics in this game are great. It's so satisfying sending things flying with movement powers, or radiating blasts of energy and sending ragdolls flying. Plus, punching MODOK around once you defeat him. :allears:

"I hate to punch you in the face, but it's the only thing you got!" - Luke Cage, Professional Badass

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Servers are finally up!

Time to get strange!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

davebo posted:

Here Jubelio, I made you a WordFind

I found 5 words. Are there more?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bugs are fun! Storm's Freezing Tempest doesn't show as being toggled on in the hotbar, and it also dosen't apply the Max Spirit Reduction.

And Mr. Strange's Mysticism bar will fill up, but the next Incantation used while it's full is still costing Spirit.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

davebo, here's the thread by Doomsaw I was talking about : [Official Feedback] "Galactic Guardian" upcoming system.

I also seem to remember them saying something about adding another Prestiege level, and that it wouldn't change your name, but I can't find any info on that now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Is it me or does the UI look a little different? It might just be the roster with the slot for team ups.

Yup. The Roster now has a slot for Team Ups, and the Skillbar now has a space between Medkits and HP for Teamups.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Grnegsnspm posted:

Stupid Daredevil. Nobody likes you. Go home.

Not true. Daredevil is pretty badass now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lux Aeterna posted:

:black101: Panther Man Guide

Nice! O'Grady or ??? for Insignia?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

Always O'Grady, Valkyrie, or Groot.

Panther is limited to Avengers, Fantastic Four, and S.H.I.E.L.D., so that cuts Groot out.

Marvel needs to make everyone join the Guardians, so that everyone can have a Groot. Only having 3 that can use it is such a shame.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hogama posted:

Well, Nova and Star-Lord bring that up to 5 this year, right?

Star-Lord, sure. But Nova? Nova's release is like Black Widow's rework: It's never gonna happen.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

TheChad posted:

Tried inputting it on the webpage and it said expired code. :(

Did you put it in as ALL CAPS? Sometimes, that seems that matters for these codes...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For easy access to Sion's Build Post, I've created http://tinyurl.com/sa-builds.

It points to an HTML file on my server that will redirect to Sion's post as a single post. I can update my redirect at any time, so that the URL will always point you to the latest version of Sion's post.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

BEHOLD! The upcoming change to the Shield Of Perseus!

amthua posted:

Ok, update.

We could not fix the radius so we are sadly removing the proc, and based on community feedback, we are replacing it with 10% chance to gain 100 tenacity (1 minute cooldown)! I personally feel this is a super awesome 15/10 proc! Here's a screen from the test server:

amthua said: This was my attempt at April Fool's Humor. We're going to actually greatly increase the radius on the current proc. Thanks again for the feedback.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

The April Fools Taskmaster reveal is such a dick move. Oh, Gazillion. :allears:

Love this one!

(Click for big)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

This is the one that got me.

That was my second favorite.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WHY ISN'T THIS REAL?

Doomsaw posted:

Introducing a brand-new feature for Marvel Heroes: Cosmic Prestige Level!

Tired of those slackers who only have level 5 red prestige? Now you can get your very own Cosmic prestige, complete with cosmic yellow name.

Here's the catch: You gotta earn it. Playing through Cosmic Prestige will take you 25 times longer than a normal prestige.

For serious, hard-core, slightly-deranged players only.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My Ghost Rider seems to be broken. In a good way...

His Ultimate Power is listed as Rank 1, but the number is green. I've been able to use it since I first noticed it at Level 32.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Are...are we sure it isn't?

With Gaz, you never know...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Cores aren't rare at all. Good cores (three affixes, all useful) are rare.

Swap affixes also swaps cores.

You can't ever get the core back, though.

This also applies to the Artifacts you use to add a Visual Effect to your costume.

Sometimes, I'd really like it if we could, at the very least, get back the Artifact. Ah well. It's not like the don't drop a lot. A lot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AHungryRobot posted:

:laffo: If you manage to kill holosim pyro with bugged strange you automatically lose.

Pyronic posted:

It does tell you not to kill him doesn't it?

Correct. Pubbies can't understand that this wave, the objective is to Save The Citizens, and DO NOT KILL PYRO!. Don't matter WHO you use, you kill Pyro, you lose.

Goons, once told about it, grasp the concept. Pubbies are still arguing about it on the forums.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

When you click on a linked item in chat and get Invalid Entry, switch chat tabs, and it should work just fine.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vincent posted:

What is this BOGO you guys are talking about?

BOGO stands for Buy One, Get One. The internet being the dummy that it is has decided that it also stands for Buy One, Get One Free. That is, always has been, and always will be, BOGOF.

Pimpmust posted:

Black Widow delayed ~again~, to end of april (comes out with Invisible Woman?).

Black Widow revamp is on vacation.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Something tells me that Ryolnir's been wanting to do that for a looooooooong time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Call the number, and Taskmaster said, "Show me your moves!"

I put on my smoking jacket and fedora...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I can kind of see the point of not liking it after trying it. I mean, they didn't put it on the TC for us to try...

On the other hand, if someone wasn't really sure, they could have waited for the next time TC was up, and tried it there...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

What's looking to be the build for Taskmeister?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cosmic Iron Buddy?

Doomsaw posted:

Yep - we're going to add this dude.

Will he do fancy stuff or will it be just like the others?

Doomsaw posted:

I'm going to ask for a soft cosmic VFX on him.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Hulk costume incoming?

Ryolnir posted:

(click for large)

HULK SMASH S.H.I.E.L.D. HOLO-MAN! HULK NO LIKE HOLO-HULK FACE!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Just got my S.H.I.E.L.D. event e-mail:

TO: Prospective Recruit

You are hereby ordered to report for basic training for the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division (S.H.I.E.L.D.). Your training will take place at S.H.I.E.L.D. Holo-Sim from Friday, April 4th to Monday, April 7th, 2014.

If you survive basic training, the Holo-Sim will reward you with 100% Greater Loot Drops.

REDEEM:
Log in and redeem the code: RECRUIT on the Marvel Heroes webpage for your in-game S.H.I.E.L.D Agent Preparedness Kit. (Good for Saturday ONLY.)

Good luck!

For more information, please check-in here.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Holy carp! The limited time bundles are:

Super Soldier Bundle: 3,850 Gs (Over 40% Savings)
* Captain America Hero
* Captain America Avengers Costume
* Captain America Original Costume
* Captain America The First Avenger Costume
* Captain America Marvel NOW! Costume
* Captain America Nomad Costume
* Captain America Reborn Costume
* Captain America Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. costume
* NEW Captain America Winter Soldier Costume
* Hero Stash
* Ultimate | Hero Token

Widow's Bite Bundle: 2,450 Gs (Over 40% Savings)
* Black Widow Hero
* All Costumes (except Chase or Fortune Card costumes)
* Black Widow Classic Costume
* Black Widow Gray Bodysuit Costume
* Black Widow Original Costume
* Black Widow Thunderbolts Costume
* NEW Black Widow Fear Itself Costume
* Hero Stash
* Ultimate | Hero Token

Heroes of S.H.I.E.L.D. Bundle: 2,850 Gs (Over 40% Savings)
* Captain America Hero
* NEW Captain America Winter Soldier Costume
* Captain America The First Avenger Costume
* Hero Stash
* Ultimate | Hero Token
* Black Widow Hero
* Black Widow Classic Costume
* Hero Stash
* Ultimate | Hero Token

NEW Costume Previews:
Cap: Winter Soldier
BW: Fear Itself

They're only available with Gs, sadly.

Also, Cap's new Winder Soldier costume is 950 Gs, and BW's Fear Itself is 1,250 Gs.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 4, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

Make sure you're using Agile Attack whenever you're getting pounded, and pick up some more health. Dodge characters are really vulnerable to spiky damage.

The AOE damage problem you can't do a ton about at the moment, since SM relies so heavily on his sig to make up for his kind of iffy AOE until you get Wrecking Ball. I kind of like taking the buttslam in the third tree, too, but it's not something you'll use once you have Wrecking Ball and I don't know if you have it yet.

Actually, Amazing Smash + Leaping Assault clears out all the trash. It's a pretty damned good combo. Especially in the currently boosted Holo Sim.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

Amazing Smash is the sig, which he doesn't have yet.

Right. I was just pointing out that it's a good combination for when he gets to that point.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Oh Pubbies. Never change. :allears:

(Storm seemed to only use Chain Lightning. No aura at all.)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shuka posted:

Is there a method of leveling up uniques via crafting or do I farm higher level versions of them?

Levels 15, 17, and 19 of your Crafter have recipes to upgrade a Unique to Level 40, 50, and 60, respectivly.

Upgrading it to Level 50 is a waste of resources. Since you don't have to progress through the levels, you can upgrade a sub-40 to 40, then upgrade it to 60 when you hit 60.

Of course, there's always the chance that a better rolled one will drop before then.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So our datamining buddies at Horadric.ru are having some kind of contest. They're giving away codes for Colossus, Deadpool, and Iron Man. 1 hero each day, 10 winners each day, you can only win once.

They'll make a topic on the forum for the Hero being given away, and you answer the question (things like, "What do you like best about MH?", with the answers having no impact on your odds of winning). They randomly pick their 10 winners from those who reply.

It actually started on April 2, and will run through April 16.

Today's code is for Iron Man. It'll be Colossus tomorrow, then Deadpool, then back to Iron Man.

Here's the article via Google Translate.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Every day, when I come home from work, and see that this thread has 50+ new replies, I always think, "loving nerds. :iamafag:".

Soothing Vapors posted:

Dink gets every detail right and then forgets his eyebrows. Even their best employee is Gaz as gently caress

In her defense, the ref she was given had no eyebrows on it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Doomsaw said he's about 99% certain Sue will be 400 Splinters/900 Gs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

When you're at the Crafter, if you need something that's in your Team-Up Inventory, there's a new, neat little icon that will let you switch between Personal and Team-Up Inventory.

By the top right corner, to the right of the 4th Artifact slot, is the Team-Up icon, with a little circle arrow thingy under it. Click that box, and it switches the inventory for you.

It only works at Crafters, sadly.

Also: If they made an Enhanced Costume for every character that had dialogue as good as what Taskmaster has, they'd make a LOT of money. "You're just a second-rate Wolverine." Taskmaster to Sabertooth. :supaburn:

• Locked thread