Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
It's not like they're that far removed from nickelback. It's radio-friendly modern hard rock for teenage boys. It's better that a lot of that garbage, but it's all coming out of the same pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

oddeye posted:

Maybe they pass off the second season to a different band?

Tom Waits please.

I want a documentary where people follow Axl Rose around from city to city and you get to watch an insane person talk about music sometimes.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Mr. Unlucky posted:

everlong was good but im not sure he's ever been involved in anything else worthwhile. maybe nirvana i havent really listened to them seems like all hype though.

still he's a nice guy if a bit dumb, hopefully he does something interesting at some point.

It still blows my mind when people don't know nirvana's catalog front to back. The music was everywhere for so long, but that's 20 years ago now. Weird poo poo.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

rest his guts posted:

Dave Grohl is a cool human being and I appreciate his attitude and his contributions to the pop landscape but for some reason I can't get into 'the Foo' at all. As far as hits go, I kinda liked "Times Like These" but I think my approach to the band may be entirely wrong. I've been able to tap into bands that I was sorta on the fence about in the past by listening to albums, or sides of albums rather than individual hits. Assuming I am decently versed in all the stuff that's already received a ton of radio play, where do I start?

Is your general feeling about the foo fighters that they're sorta milquetoast radio rock? Cause if that's your criticism with what you've heard so far, it just means you have a good ear.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Sound city is just a good movie.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Yeah that's probably right. The dave grohl angle of sound city was gas and away the least interesting part.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I heard it's that they're going to strip it down and make a really accessible arena rock album. Something true rock fans have been waiting a long time for. No bullsh*t, just some rock n roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Isn't that what they already did with Wasting Light?

Well you better pop a cold one and get some extra napkins, cause you're about to get Foo'd all over you. And it's gonna be messy.

• Locked thread