Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
2016 Storylines!
After a promising season ended by a tragic Super Bowl loss, the Brooklyn Beats are in a "make or break" year for franchise QB Cam Newton.

Rumors in preseason are that the star quarterback has been causing turmoil in the locker room, and has stepped away from his role as a leader on the team. When asked, Newton simply replied, "My team is full of losers, and until they start acting like winners, I don't want anything to do with them."

Considering the contract that Newton commands over the next 5 years, the Beats will likely have to find a way to make things work out with the temperamental player, but efforts have already begun to give QB Casey Pachall more time behind center this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
After heated arguments with Coach Ron Rivera, Cam Newton was benched for most of the game against the Jets. Riverboat Ron decided to take advantage of his youth movement, and Casey Pachall alongside Kenjon Barner led the Beats to a 49-3 victory, with only a single endzone interception at the end of the match as a blemish on Pachall's otherwise spotless record.

QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY!

Oh, additionally, someone killed Justin Forsett. No idea how long he's out, but the Jets were too afraid to let Reynaldo Bostic at RG3, meaning that the Beats were unable to create the most expensive injury in the league.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 30, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Ron Rivera continues to punish Cam Newton for his apparent unwillingness to act as a leader on the Beats. Pachall excelled against the Aftershocks, leading them to a 35-7 victory tarnished only by an errand INT which was immediately turned into a fumble recovery by Timothy "Butterfingers" Tebow.

When asked about the benching for the last two games, Cam has promised that he will start to take more responsibility in the locker room, and hopes that he can be more than just the highest paid bench warmer in the NFL.

#TeachTheControversy

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
After the advance, I can do my normal game, but I will have to go on auto all next week. Feel free to beat up on my digital handegg men then.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Polished off the Saints, set myself to AP, will be able to pick up games again after the 13th. Don't kill my players please, and maybe sim me a win?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Neglect them, especially when they're against an AP me!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Dubious posted:

I have like 4 user games im taking that 1st seed

More like 3 I'm going to be cpu when you play me because real life

Fluo posted:

I think I'll either be the Jets or the Rams. My first go to would have been the lions, but I'm going to make an offer they can't refuse for Megatron!! Haha!
shredder alt detected.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 8, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Dubious posted:

I dropped 70 on the beats

noooooo my defensive stats. Did Reynaldo Bostic at least get you once?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Look man, SASFL does not tolerate half assed bullshit. We are all in it to win it and fake football is real business. YOU ARE RUINING THE LEAGUE SANCTITY!!

*leaves for a week and gets put on auto*

Good luck with the podcast. Got a link?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Alright, I think we need to make EY set himself to auto during next year's draft and livecast a replacement version of the draft analysis that happens.

"Mister Cobble has been making waves this year in the NFL community owing to his amazing work ethic and the fact that he is actually made of stone, making him an impossible defensive tackle to block."

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Correct, you can decimate my CPU self. I won't be available again until sunday.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
We should scrim when I get back.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Kiff, I'm currently on auto but I'll be back to play starting tonight. You want to hold off on pooping on my team until then?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'll just bow out again, beat my auto team. I can't do late tomorrow and I'm still beat from my trip.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I can play tonight if you're available Fender. Finally almost caught up (never caught up) on work.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
not really, I try to get to sleep around 8 PST. Just kill my auto, getting back into the swing of things is taking longer than expected.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I can do that.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
gently caress ted ginn went full retard.

Oh yeah now I remember why I stopped playing. My life was much better before I started up again.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 16, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Alright, I'm done here.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I had no chance. Every time I got even close, my retard players managed to turn over the ball. And I wasn't down by 14. I was down by 14 after having lost the ball at the 1 yard line and my main RB in the same drive (who is probably permanently dead now), followed by a giant missed coverage from my loving retard CBs, so you might as well have counted that as already down by 21 with you getting the ball at the beginning of the half.

To be perfectly clear, I had absolutely no indication that my game was going to even mildly turn the tide in my favor in the second half. There is no reason for me to bother wasting my time investing any more when I've been so thoroughly hosed and am not enjoying any part of the match.

And to clarify: I let you have that score in the hopes that I'd have extra time to actually score on you, instead of you draining down the clock, and ending the half up 21-0 (which is what happened since you decided to so graciously take a knee at the 5 yard line).

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 16, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Fender posted:

I saw something else. I wasn't moving the ball well at all. I had multiple long 3rd downs that converted on fluky plays. One of those flukes was a screen that turned into a TD. But Kaep had as many incompletions as completions and a pick and just the screen TD at that point. I was just getting lucky where you weren't. That can't keep up and like I said, only two scores down. I had a long long way to go before I could have scored again.

You had been moving the ball well, but once you threw into triple coverage and then once you threw into double coverage and both times got picked. But both Olsen & Holmes were getting open easily and you were running well. And any HB can run behind a good line, which you have.

Your reception placed you, even if I had got your guy, at the 50 yard line if not better. Of your 3 possessions, you gave it away once on a long bomb that martin got lucky on intercepting (wasn't even a user pick). My 4 possessions resulted in 0 points, 2 INT, and a dead running back. 2 of your biggest plays were the result of Vernon Davis shaking off 4 solid defender tackles for a 30 yard gain, and my team in zone coverage magically taking a poo poo on a screen play. Even if luck ran out, I'd have had to had an amazing skill differential to make up the difference in score over that game. Which I don't have (see: 4 possessions, 2 INT 0 points dead RB).

You are welcome to disagree about whether or not you think that I had a chance at winning the game. The fact of the matter is that even if I had a chance, I had zero interest in pursuing it, because I was not even remotely enjoying playing that game. Congratulations on the win, you were better than I was, and it was apparent to me within 1 half.

I even gave the first possession of the second half the college try, but as soon as you got an additional score, I knew that the whole thing was done for.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 16, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

human being Guy posted:

When you wanna go Alucard? I can prolly do any time that isn't during a Colorado Avalanche game.

Tonight works for me, maybe around 8pm est?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
not doable this weekend starting tomorrow. Sorry. I can auto if you want or we can try to move forward after the weekend.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'll probably be game for next season, but I'm probably out after that. Life's just been really busy lately, and all the free time I have from not playing madden is so much better than raging at my TV screen over digital INTs

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Dubious posted:

:siren:Season 4 Week 12:siren:

Games! Games! Girls!

CPU Jets @ fluffdaddy10 Buffalo gets a divisional game to help inch towards the playoffs!
CPU Rams @ WampaLord Word on the street is Tampa's GM staggered out of a gutter to lead his team to ~fartz~
Auto_Cleric @ EY Redskins are taking the lumps with Jamie McLauren's rookie campaign, but are leading a fine effort towards a WC seeding
CPU Vikings @ McShurto Many expect a blowout in this meeting of the purple
TheNardPuppy @ chaoslord2002 Blowout in the making as Tannehil looks to get a leg back in the MVP race
CPU Aftershocks @ FuriousKiff :lol:, Niners will put another nail in this pathetic team's season
Cigarmoustache @ CPU Chargers Leon Carlos looking to fall over the Chargers for 8ypc
notjustplatinum @ StevieLeeDFD A game that has the potential for most points ever scored in the SASFL
Da_Goob @ CPU Monarchs Bears will likely claim victory in this simulation
Dubious @ CPU Cowboys Dallas reportedly passing out hankerchiefs to fans in preparation for this onslaught of TDs at Jerryworld

Man, it is depressing that my team has been on autopilot for most of the season and is still possible for a playoff spot. I've been using all the free time to go and exercise instead of scream at a videogame screen, so I still probably won't come back until this season is over.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 30, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Dubious posted:

he's been gone forever, commence the beatdown.

commence the jigglin'!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Stevie Lee posted:

:siren:SEASON 4 - WEEK 16:siren:

Puppies @ Falcons (CPU)
Chiefs @ Cowboys (CPU)
Redskins @ Gone Fishin'
Beats @ Bucs (are either of you still playing? guessing not with both y'all at 7-7)
Chargers (CPU) @ Broncos
Ravens @ Mexicans
Bills @ Hogs (Rehab still?)

advance on Friday?

I'm holding off until season 5. But if the auto-game hasn't been played I'll beat on the Bucs.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'll try to get on tonight if the skins are auto

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Yeah I didn't know skins were actually active, just assumed everyone has given up. I'll stay on auto, I've got poo poo to do this weekend.

edit:

ExplodeYourself posted:

Sim me. I'm going to be out of town until Tuesday. If the playoff game can't wait, I could take my ps3 with me but I'd rather not.

Also, I'm ok with the tumbling dice taking care of the outcome.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 23, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I can play anytime as long as it only takes 10 minutes and is exactly 4pm

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
hey EY, do you want to crush me IRL tonight since I haven't played a real game in forever, or do you want to just do a sim and see where we end up?

It sounds like if we don't get this thing done soon, we are going to get simmed.

There's a new daddy in town, a discipline daddy!
http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1956315161

Alucard fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 27, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I should be able to make it to actually play this game if you are up for it.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
poo poo sorry, I am good now.
I am so horribly out of practice. This will be interesting.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 28, 2014

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
We are starting.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Ted Ginn, NFL superstar.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
GG EY, I got one really BS interception from Shuey, and other than a couple of INTs you were wrecking my secondary.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
When do you want to get vindication for all the times my team has pulled out ridiculous victories against you in seasons past?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Should be. I'll try to see if I can take care of my other social stuff before then.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Let's do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl_JNTCNH2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
GG man, you got your vindication. That INT killed me on my stop n go route, and the lack of the INT on that bullet pass to Marshall finished me.

• Locked thread